Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Making plans for Cullen. 20:36 - Jul 13 with 903 viewsReslovenSwan1

Surely the best thing for Liam this season is a solid 35-40 games with a lot of goals. This will establish him as a regular Championship player.

I do not see how 15 bit part plays helps him very much at Swansea where competition will be tough with Lowe, Joseph and Piroe and possibly another fighting for places.

I believe he should be playing somewhere every week with Newport of Bristol Rovers on loan with the aim of 40 games under his belt and hopefully a good goal tally. This will test his metal. He would then return to the club good to go and fully rounded with bags of confidence.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Making plans for Cullen. on 20:57 - Jul 13 with 878 viewsAndyCole

Fully agree. Has bags of potential and a proper winner's attitude. Would like to see him banging in 20+ for a team like MK Dons who have a similar footballing philosophy through their academy.

I understand the beefed-up (or bara lafwr as OHL insists ;-)) Whittaker is now also firmly ahead in the pecking order. Whittaker could be our surprise package.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Making plans for Cullen. on 20:58 - Jul 13 with 861 viewsonehunglow

Agree too.

A decent lad and one who needs a chance.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Making plans for Cullen. on 21:49 - Jul 13 with 803 viewsKilkennyjack

Totally agree.

Beware of the Risen People

Making plans for Cullen. on 23:01 - Jul 13 with 751 viewsTreforys_Jack

Until we sort out the creative side of our midfield out, we could have Messi and Ronaldo up front and they'd struggle to get 20 goals between them.
Making plans for Cullen. on 23:05 - Jul 13 with 745 viewsjasper_T

Making plans for Cullen. on 23:01 - Jul 13 by Treforys_Jack

Until we sort out the creative side of our midfield out, we could have Messi and Ronaldo up front and they'd struggle to get 20 goals between them.

No they wouldn't don't be stupid.
(No subject) (n/t) on 04:36 - Jul 14 with 670 viewsTreforys_Jack

Making plans for Cullen. on 23:05 - Jul 13 by jasper_T

No they wouldn't don't be stupid.

🤣🤣

Cooper would probably leave them both on the bench anyway.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2021 12:47]
Making plans for Cullen. on 09:14 - Jul 14 with 569 viewsCatullus

(No subject) (n/t) on 04:36 - Jul 14 by Treforys_Jack

🤣🤣

Cooper would probably leave them both on the bench anyway.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2021 12:47]

Nah, he'd use Ronaldo as a wing back and put Messi in goal.

To be honest, if we had those two the other 8 could just defend! The point about creativity stands though. Unless our midefield provides, the forwards will starve.

Now Cullen, yes a good loan for him seems the best move but we can't guarantee anything. We could send him to MKD and the amanegr there may decide he's not good enough, may not play him in his best position or he could even pick up a longterm injury. Lets say he played every game, we can't guarantee he'll score anything let alone 20+

We have Joseph, Piroe and Whittaker and we all hope they provide lots of goals but they could be a massive failure, it's always a gamble. So send Cullen on loan but we shouldn't be putting pressure on him, just send him off saying do your best and see what happens.

At the beginning of the season I'm more like Andy Cole, I think you support the team regardless until you have cause not to. You have to encourage, you have to give them the chance. Later on though, the die is cast and on a forum like this is where you do your moaning.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Making plans for Cullen. on 14:10 - Jul 14 with 477 viewsReslovenSwan1

Making plans for Cullen. on 09:14 - Jul 14 by Catullus

Nah, he'd use Ronaldo as a wing back and put Messi in goal.

To be honest, if we had those two the other 8 could just defend! The point about creativity stands though. Unless our midefield provides, the forwards will starve.

Now Cullen, yes a good loan for him seems the best move but we can't guarantee anything. We could send him to MKD and the amanegr there may decide he's not good enough, may not play him in his best position or he could even pick up a longterm injury. Lets say he played every game, we can't guarantee he'll score anything let alone 20+

We have Joseph, Piroe and Whittaker and we all hope they provide lots of goals but they could be a massive failure, it's always a gamble. So send Cullen on loan but we shouldn't be putting pressure on him, just send him off saying do your best and see what happens.

At the beginning of the season I'm more like Andy Cole, I think you support the team regardless until you have cause not to. You have to encourage, you have to give them the chance. Later on though, the die is cast and on a forum like this is where you do your moaning.

The theory according to me is that it is a tall order for Cullen to jump from u21 to Championship goalscorer. Cullen always stepped up but needed adjustment time. As a player of instinct he needs regular game time to establish himself.

Talking of guarantees is just silly. This is football. Southgate made three subs of players who were confident of 3 guaranteed penalties. The kids and had been practising penalties for months and barely missed one in training.

By my way of thinking if Cullen plays as a goalscorer in league 2 he should bag at least 10 goals. If he cannot then he needs more time. He must go where he will play. Swindon have been good to Swansea in that respect with both Benda and Garrick. Newport were good for Brandon Cooper.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Login to get fewer ads

Making plans for Cullen. on 15:09 - Jul 14 with 448 viewsCatullus

Making plans for Cullen. on 14:10 - Jul 14 by ReslovenSwan1

The theory according to me is that it is a tall order for Cullen to jump from u21 to Championship goalscorer. Cullen always stepped up but needed adjustment time. As a player of instinct he needs regular game time to establish himself.

Talking of guarantees is just silly. This is football. Southgate made three subs of players who were confident of 3 guaranteed penalties. The kids and had been practising penalties for months and barely missed one in training.

By my way of thinking if Cullen plays as a goalscorer in league 2 he should bag at least 10 goals. If he cannot then he needs more time. He must go where he will play. Swindon have been good to Swansea in that respect with both Benda and Garrick. Newport were good for Brandon Cooper.

I think it has to be league one really. Getting 10 goals in league 2 doesn't come near the Championship. He needs to be playing the next step down and no more. If he's not good enough for that then maybe he's not good enough for us. He's 22 now, how much loner do we, or he, have to wait? Whittaker is 2 years younger and further along with his progression. If we were a big club who can afford lots of players on loan and can also afford the wait then I'd say Ok, but we aren't that club.
If Cullen goes to league 2 then there'll be a loan to L1, that's 2 more years and he may still not be ready or get a chance here. I think he showed enough to say go straight to L1.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Making plans for Cullen. on 15:37 - Jul 14 with 437 viewsjasper_T

Club's been reluctant to send Cullen out on loan in the past. Not like there haven't been offers.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2021 15:37]
Making plans for Cullen. on 15:49 - Jul 14 with 430 viewsjack247

From the little we’ve seen of Whittaker so far, I prefer Cullen. He’s a goalscorer and despite his stature, isn’t afraid to put himself about. He’d need physical support up front, but so would Whittaker.

Appreciate Whittaker may be able to play the wide forward and centre forward role, but if we have too many up front, I’d be tempted to loan him out first.
Making plans for Cullen. on 15:55 - Jul 14 with 428 viewsBadlands

Cullen needs half a season or season in League 1.
Cooper will get very little out of IMO,

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024