Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
These floods on continent 09:49 - Jul 16 with 729 viewsonehunglow

Under reported or what.
90 dead and we're still seeing most coverage involving the England football game.

We are so insular

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

These floods on continent on 10:01 - Jul 16 with 711 viewsCatullus

I've not seen anything on the football for a couple of days but I have seen lots of reports from Germany, the BBc breakfast show had quite a bit on today, they talked to German journos and people in affected areas. Jenny Hill reported from there yesterday eveningg.

It was quite shocking, peoples home washed away, in some cases literally entire buildings were lost.

I'm glad I live on the top of a hill! When climate change sees Swansea and Port Talbot seafronts under water, when Neath town centre is more like a waterpark, our house will be extremely safe. I may not be here to see it but my son and maybe his family will be ok!

And yes, I'm a selfish twonk!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

These floods on continent on 10:03 - Jul 16 with 711 viewsBoundy

Is that the "royal" we .Its headline news again today on BBC radio and on line. , terrible news with hundreds missing.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

These floods on continent on 10:18 - Jul 16 with 709 viewsonehunglow

These floods on continent on 10:03 - Jul 16 by Boundy

Is that the "royal" we .Its headline news again today on BBC radio and on line. , terrible news with hundreds missing.

Suppose it is ,yes.

This has been going on for sometime however.

Im reading today about how an Italian restaurant was trashed.

just saying

These floods on continent on 14:25 - Jul 16 with 661 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It is quite literally the main headline across all major UK news outlets. Even Daily Mail, The Sun and other such newspapers have it as their main story.

Quite how you determined it is under reported is confusing.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

These floods on continent on 15:07 - Jul 16 with 634 viewsA_Fans_Dad

These floods on continent on 14:25 - Jul 16 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It is quite literally the main headline across all major UK news outlets. Even Daily Mail, The Sun and other such newspapers have it as their main story.

Rhine River and Rhine Valley Flooding is nothing new.
In 1993/94, 1995 & 1997.
Plus you also have the Elbe floods.

https://www.climatechangepost.com/germany/river-floods/
These floods on continent on 20:27 - Jul 16 with 589 viewsonehunglow

These floods on continent on 14:25 - Jul 16 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Dont be confused

I might be watching something different to you.

What aint confusing is the fact that repercusions from England Italy are still headline news.

These floods on continent on 16:13 - Jul 17 with 476 viewscontroversial_jack

There was torrential rain concentrated in specific areas. that has concentrated the flood water in particular areas. It has stopped now, but more is foretasted.
These floods on continent on 17:36 - Jul 17 with 453 viewsCatullus

These floods on continent on 16:13 - Jul 17 by controversial_jack

There was torrential rain concentrated in specific areas. that has concentrated the flood water in particular areas. It has stopped now, but more is foretasted.

It wasn't just concentrated, I think It was Jenny Hill who reported in some places they'd had over 1 months worth of rain in just a few hours. When it came down inot the towns it was cataclysmic, washing entire houses away.

I know people will put it all down to climate change but these kinds of freak weather happen every so often and they're made worse because the run offs that used to exist, the open fields, they've been built on so the water gets funnelled into smaller areas and do more damage. It's as much environment change as climate change.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

These floods on continent on 18:18 - Jul 17 with 441 viewsA_Fans_Dad

These floods on continent on 17:36 - Jul 17 by Catullus

It wasn't just concentrated, I think It was Jenny Hill who reported in some places they'd had over 1 months worth of rain in just a few hours. When it came down inot the towns it was cataclysmic, washing entire houses away.

I know people will put it all down to climate change but these kinds of freak weather happen every so often and they're made worse because the run offs that used to exist, the open fields, they've been built on so the water gets funnelled into smaller areas and do more damage. It's as much environment change as climate change.

It is as much neglect as anything else, the German government has come under criticism.
English translation of the German article.

https://notrickszone.com/2021/07/17/criminal-negligence-authorities-failed-to-he
These floods on continent on 10:30 - Jul 19 with 333 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Even more "negligence" by the authorities coming out, no wonder they are trying to blame "Climate Change".
They left the flood control dams full even though they were warned of the impending torrential rain.

https://notrickszone.com/2021/07/18/germanys-katrina-officials-left-dams-full-fo

Of course you won't see any of this on the Biased Broadcasting Company.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024