Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yanks Out 18:16 - Jul 21 with 6740 viewsowainglyndwr

This club is going down hill fast. ....

A new manager without investment don't add up
Yanks Out on 18:26 - Jul 21 with 3210 viewsswan65split

Club is in safe hands we were told........
Yanks Out on 19:37 - Jul 21 with 3112 viewsBadlands

The owners, all owners, have spent two months trying to get Cooper to extend his contract. The only one, in this situation, who has let down the club by dragging out the process is Cooper.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Yanks Out on 19:41 - Jul 21 with 3105 viewslondonlisa2001

Yanks Out on 19:37 - Jul 21 by Badlands

The owners, all owners, have spent two months trying to get Cooper to extend his contract. The only one, in this situation, who has let down the club by dragging out the process is Cooper.

With respect, you have no idea whether that is true or not.

I’m not saying it isn’t, but the reports have all said that there was no offer on the table. The bit about wanting talks has come from the club.
Yanks Out on 19:45 - Jul 21 with 3098 viewsowainglyndwr

Yanks Out on 19:41 - Jul 21 by londonlisa2001

I’m not saying it isn’t, but the reports have all said that there was no offer on the table. The bit about wanting talks has come from the club.

All I can say Lisa will be what the club will say on their side of the story....
Without any counter claims going in
Yanks Out on 19:47 - Jul 21 with 3075 viewsonehunglow

Yanks Out on 19:41 - Jul 21 by londonlisa2001

And with equal respect to you both,we will probably never know.

We simply have to move forward.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Yanks Out on 19:47 - Jul 21 with 3090 viewsReslovenSwan1

""This club is going down hill fast. ....A new manager without investment don't add up""

It added up for Roberto Martinez and Brendan Rodgers. They barely spent a penny and only had Joey Allen coming through.

Laudrup arrived with only money from the sales of Sinclair and Allen. Money in money out. He got a real bang for his buck and some cash in the bank to spare. They kept hold of Michu and brought in red hot Bony with that spare cash.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Yanks Out on 20:06 - Jul 21 with 3057 viewsBillyChong

Yanks Out on 19:47 - Jul 21 by ReslovenSwan1

""This club is going down hill fast. ....A new manager without investment don't add up""

It added up for Roberto Martinez and Brendan Rodgers. They barely spent a penny and only had Joey Allen coming through.

Laudrup arrived with only money from the sales of Sinclair and Allen. Money in money out. He got a real bang for his buck and some cash in the bank to spare. They kept hold of Michu and brought in red hot Bony with that spare cash.

Martinez had £500k plus to buy his marquee signing Dyer the first year we made the championship. Cooper had £800k to buy his marquee signing Lowe last season, 13 years on from the Dyer signing, of which 7 were in the top flight.
Yanks Out on 20:49 - Jul 21 with 2984 viewsowainglyndwr

Yanks Out on 19:47 - Jul 21 by ReslovenSwan1

I hope you know more than me BUT
I hope I am wrong but I really don't think so
Login to get fewer ads

Yanks Out on 16:24 - Jul 22 with 2766 viewsReslovenSwan1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2855922/Wilfried-Bony-Premier

For your interest.

Yanks Out on 00:29 - Jul 23 with 2638 viewsSlugster664

Yanks Out on 16:24 - Jul 22 by ReslovenSwan1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2855922/Wilfried-Bony-Premier

For your interest.

My point was, his chances compared to him actually putting the ball in the net. Yes he scored goals eventually, but the missed opportunities were greater.

STID

Yanks Out on 06:43 - Jul 23 with 2573 viewsDr_Winston

Yanks Out on 00:29 - Jul 23 by Slugster664

My point was, his chances compared to him actually putting the ball in the net. Yes he scored goals eventually, but the missed opportunities were greater.

Yeah, that's nonsense.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Yanks Out on 10:03 - Jul 23 with 2471 viewsBadlands

Yanks Out on 00:29 - Jul 23 by Slugster664

So you are claiming Wilf v1 was cr..ap!

Yanks Out on 10:36 - Jul 23 with 2437 viewsvetchonian

Yanks Out on 19:37 - Jul 21 by Badlands

Again you let your opinion and dislike of Cooper blurr your vision and bias what has gone on....SOmething is not right otherwise why have the club come to a mutual agreement...Cooper could have been told they will be happy to accept his notice as Lisa has pointed out elsewhere on here he had a stanadard employment contract.
And the narrative keeps cahnging so many Cooper outs have been saying it is well known the club have wanted Cooper gone all summer...

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Yanks Out on 10:48 - Jul 23 with 2418 viewsonehunglow

Yanks Out on 10:36 - Jul 23 by vetchonian

Again you let your opinion and dislike of Cooper blurr your vision and bias what has gone on....SOmething is not right otherwise why have the club come to a mutual agreement...Cooper could have been told they will be happy to accept his notice as Lisa has pointed out elsewhere on here he had a stanadard employment contract.
And the narrative keeps cahnging so many Cooper outs have been saying it is well known the club have wanted Cooper gone all summer...

Hey,how's about accepting the fact super steve has gone.
Then ,accept people have different viewpoints to you,I mean REALLY accept that. It means you might not be right -or wrong.

Frankly,I feel the club has been constipated but has now had a successful time on the bog.

There is no reason at all to further mention Steven Cooper,especially in forum wars

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Yanks Out on 11:28 - Jul 23 with 2403 viewsvetchonian

Yanks Out on 10:48 - Jul 23 by onehunglow

Hey,how's about accepting the fact super steve has gone.
Then ,accept people have different viewpoints to you,I mean REALLY accept that. It means you might not be right -or wrong.

Frankly,I feel the club has been constipated but has now had a successful time on the bog.

There is no reason at all to further mention Steven Cooper,especially in forum wars

I have accpeted he has gone

But my frustrsation is that people are still perpetuating myths..
If you read my posts here and on the other site I am fully awarw we all have different opinions I have experieinced this from my years on the North bank and at the Liberty where those around me will all have different opinions as to players,manangers and even the game we are watching amongst 12 people not all will view things the same so I know I may not be right or wrong BUT use facts and data .Unfortuneately there has been a lot of myth and that is what gets my rag.

YOu are right our focus should be asking why the club has allowed this situation to arise where 15 days before the season kicks off we find ourselves managerless and allowed a disinterested non committed individual to lead preseason when they have known he would not be here to lead the team!!!
Especially as according to some of the leading Cooper outs on here the club has been trying to get rid of him all summer!!!
[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 14:00]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Yanks Out on 14:34 - Jul 23 with 2332 viewsReslovenSwan1

Yanks Out on 11:28 - Jul 23 by vetchonian

I have accpeted he has gone

But my frustrsation is that people are still perpetuating myths..
If you read my posts here and on the other site I am fully awarw we all have different opinions I have experieinced this from my years on the North bank and at the Liberty where those around me will all have different opinions as to players,manangers and even the game we are watching amongst 12 people not all will view things the same so I know I may not be right or wrong BUT use facts and data .Unfortuneately there has been a lot of myth and that is what gets my rag.

YOu are right our focus should be asking why the club has allowed this situation to arise where 15 days before the season kicks off we find ourselves managerless and allowed a disinterested non committed individual to lead preseason when they have known he would not be here to lead the team!!!
Especially as according to some of the leading Cooper outs on here the club has been trying to get rid of him all summer!!!
[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 14:00]

I suspect matter came to a head fairly recently when Cooper requested 2 or 3 elite loan players like Garner from Man Utd and the unknown South American.

If i was the owner I would be asking do we need these guys?. We saw it with Potter. I brought in Asoro for £2m with Dan James excelling in the u21 side. McKay was worse than Byers. I would tell Cooper to work with what he has got full fill his contract and the extension issue and pay rise will be discussed in January 2022 6 months before the expiry.

The owners want to develop in house players not see the club develop the likes of Guehi and Brewster for the cash benefit of Chelsea and Liverpool. There was zero benefit to the club as it did not lead to promotion.

Yanks Out on 15:56 - Jul 23 with 2280 viewsChief

Yanks Out on 14:34 - Jul 23 by ReslovenSwan1

I suspect matter came to a head fairly recently when Cooper requested 2 or 3 elite loan players like Garner from Man Utd and the unknown South American.

If i was the owner I would be asking do we need these guys?. We saw it with Potter. I brought in Asoro for £2m with Dan James excelling in the u21 side. McKay was worse than Byers. I would tell Cooper to work with what he has got full fill his contract and the extension issue and pay rise will be discussed in January 2022 6 months before the expiry.

The owners want to develop in house players not see the club develop the likes of Guehi and Brewster for the cash benefit of Chelsea and Liverpool. There was zero benefit to the club as it did not lead to promotion.

It should be patently obvious to anyone remotely interested in football, let alone connected to the club that we need more quality in this squad.

You can't compare Cooper's loans which overall were an astounding success compared to the players you've linked to Potter there, which incidentally were permanent signings, not loans so the outlay and commitment isn't comparable either. The South American reportedly isn't coming purely because Cooper has left so there's your theory out the window.

Well there was a benefit - how those players progressed Should let clubs know that their youngsters can be trusted to come here and perform - and I know your on this trip at the moment about us having this squad of youngsters but they desperately need some quality around them to help them progress.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Yanks Out on 15:58 - Jul 23 with 2278 viewsDr_Parnassus

Yanks Out on 14:34 - Jul 23 by ReslovenSwan1

Potter finished 10th.

So I guess it depends if the club matched Coopers ambitions or not. Doesn’t appear so.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Yanks Out on 16:15 - Jul 23 with 2252 viewsReslovenSwan1

Yanks Out on 15:58 - Jul 23 by Dr_Parnassus

Potter finished 10th.

So I guess it depends if the club matched Coopers ambitions or not. Doesn’t appear so.

This is football speak and is solely about cash.

"Matching the manager ambitions" actually means matching the amount of cash the manager wants and letting him spend it.

Cooper now has £15m less than he had last season. He knew this the day he signed for a three year contract. He knew he had parachutes only for two of the three years.

He quit knowing the scale of the job. If he has another job to go to then he would not be called 'a quitter' as he had a reason to quit. "Not matching his ambitions" is not a credible reason for quitting. The clubs income is largely out of the club directors control and depended on success. It was under the control of Cooper. Its like Kenny Jackett. Jackett could not see success for him at Swansea and someone else delivered it without him. Presumably Jackett quit also for 'lack of club ambition'. He was so wrong.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 16:16]

Yanks Out on 16:19 - Jul 23 with 2237 viewsDr_Parnassus

Yanks Out on 16:15 - Jul 23 by ReslovenSwan1

"Matching the manager ambitions" actually means matching the amount of cash the manager wants and letting him spend it.

Cooper now has £15m less than he had last season. He knew this the day he signed for a three year contract. He knew he had parachutes only for two of the three years.

He quit knowing the scale of the job. If he has another job to go to then he would not be called 'a quitter' as he had a reason to quit. "Not matching his ambitions" is not a credible reason for quitting. The clubs income is largely out of the club directors control and depended on success. It was under the control of Cooper. Its like Kenny Jackett. Jackett could not see success for him at Swansea and someone else delivered it without him. Presumably Jackett quit also for 'lack of club ambition'. He was so wrong.

Nothing to do with money.

In Coopers two seasons with us we spent around £1m a season. It put us among the lowest spenders in the league.

Potter spent three times more in one season than Cooper did in two combined. Potter finished 10th and Cooper finished 6th and 4th.

What Cooper did was far more effective than what Potter did.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Yanks Out on 16:35 - Jul 23 with 2225 viewsowainglyndwr

Yanks Out on 16:15 - Jul 23 by ReslovenSwan1

Have you thought that someone could of lied to Cooper

Who is doing the recruitment or picking player to come in ?
Yanks Out on 20:18 - Jul 23 with 2133 viewsmax936

Yanks Out on 16:19 - Jul 23 by Dr_Parnassus

Nothing to do with money.

In Coopers two seasons with us we spent around £1m a season. It put us among the lowest spenders in the league.

Potter spent three times more in one season than Cooper did in two combined. Potter finished 10th and Cooper finished 6th and 4th.

What Cooper did was far more effective than what Potter did.

Absolutely, superb post and I don't say that likely cause you get on my nerves, but these yank and previous owners yes man are starting to grind my gears, its obvious there's ulterior motives behind the shite they post.

Wish they grow a pair and say who they are, Im embarrassed for them.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Yanks Out on 20:23 - Jul 23 with 2122 viewsraynor94

Yanks Out on 16:35 - Jul 23 by owainglyndwr

Have you thought that someone could of lied to Cooper

Who is doing the recruitment or picking player to come in ?

Andy Scott, the head of recruitment

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Yanks Out on 20:32 - Jul 23 with 2111 viewsBadlands

Yanks Out on 15:56 - Jul 23 by Chief

It should be patently obvious to anyone remotely interested in football, let alone connected to the club that we need more quality in this squad.

You can't compare Cooper's loans which overall were an astounding success compared to the players you've linked to Potter there, which incidentally were permanent signings, not loans so the outlay and commitment isn't comparable either. The South American reportedly isn't coming purely because Cooper has left so there's your theory out the window.

Well there was a benefit - how those players progressed Should let clubs know that their youngsters can be trusted to come here and perform - and I know your on this trip at the moment about us having this squad of youngsters but they desperately need some quality around them to help them progress.

Which loans were an astounding success?

Brewster was good, Woodman was decent but went backwards, Guehi took 12 months to get going the other 10!!!!!

Yanks Out on 20:47 - Jul 23 with 2091 viewsjasper_T

Yanks Out on 20:32 - Jul 23 by Badlands

Which loans were an astounding success?

Brewster was good, Woodman was decent but went backwards, Guehi took 12 months to get going the other 10!!!!!

Surridge was poor even when he wasn't on the floor begging the ref for attention. Wilmot was all over the place in the majority of his appearances. Hourihane played like his legs had gone. Gyokeres didn't get much of a look in. Palmer just wanted to run through people, contributed less than Dhanda. Anyone remember Kalulu?

Brewster got a good goal tally but the period after he and Gallagher was our worst points return of the season. Gibbs-White might have been good but we'll never know.

Where would we be without Cooper's connections getting us all these wonderful loans, eh? Let's be honest we probably would have been better off using what we had rather than continuing to borrow. Maybe we miss the playoffs but the squad we still have would be stronger for it. The gamble didn't pay off. The ends didn't justify the means.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024