Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Certain reporters saying we have little money! 20:03 - Jul 21 with 2326 viewsmagicdaps10

Bit confused here after we were meant to be making a significant loan signing, spending 1.5M already and talks of bids in for players like Henry that these certain reporters are saying we are interested in.

Am I missing something or will this be the start of the movement once the new guy is in place!?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Certain reporters saying we have little money! on 22:28 - Jul 21 with 627 viewsKilkennyjack

I guess it reflects the end of the Premiership parachute payments…?

Beware of the Risen People

Certain reporters saying we have little money! on 23:09 - Jul 21 with 576 viewsmagicdaps10

Certain reporters saying we have little money! on 22:21 - Jul 21 by jack247

Then why was it leaked? I don’t mean published on here, I mean by wherever the info came from. The club knew Cooper was leaving two weeks ago, so it’s odd that news of a significant loan signing should come out last week.

What I was trying to get over, surely the loan news came out after the deal was done with Cooper to part ways.

Certain reporters saying we have little money! on 00:23 - Jul 22 with 547 viewsKeithHaynes

Certain reporters saying we have little money! on 22:21 - Jul 21 by jack247

Then why was it leaked? I don’t mean published on here, I mean by wherever the info came from. The club knew Cooper was leaving two weeks ago, so it’s odd that news of a significant loan signing should come out last week.

It wasn’t leaked mate, and I mean by that it wasn’t told to a selected few.
Personally I wouldn’t say anything more than that, and of course nobody would ever disclose their sources. However, there were developments from within the club that were not natural since we started to write about Cooper. And logistics that suddenly occurred that became a part of the assessment process we went through. The main media were clueless, I’ve seen two text messages from so called professional hacks completely annihilating our Cooper stories. And then today Percy Thrower or whoever writes an if buts and maybe story and the main news media break Cooper leaving the club, you couldn’t make it up.

If they placed half of their alleged ability in to assessing things properly and using specifics ( the already known ) in to their decision making they could have written that weeks ago.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Certain reporters saying we have little money! on 00:52 - Jul 22 with 532 viewsReslovenSwan1

Certain reporters saying we have little money! on 20:54 - Jul 21 by owainglyndwr

Maybe Bids are just smoke .

Where do people think money will come from .

Investment hedge funds only lay money out to gain long term, not continue to chuck money

"Investment hedge funds only lay money out to gain long term, not continue to chuck money""

"Chuck money" Not a term i have heard on Bloomberg.

Tends to be used buy poor old Phillip on SCFC2 who was convinced Swansea had 200 fake employees at Fairwood receiving zombie wage slips. "Martyn" loved all his post until he realised eventually he was a looney tune.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Certain reporters saying we have little money! on 01:39 - Jul 22 with 525 viewsItchySphincter

Certain reporters saying we have little money! on 20:35 - Jul 21 by BillyChong

We spent £1.8m on Craig Beattie alone over 10 years ago. £1.5m is peanuts. No way are the yanks paying the rumoured Henry price.

Craig Beattie cost less than half of that.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Certain reporters saying we have little money! on 07:22 - Jul 22 with 470 viewsBillyChong

Certain reporters saying we have little money! on 01:39 - Jul 22 by ItchySphincter

Craig Beattie cost less than half of that.

Yes, I was corrected above. Still, Craig Beattie was our £800k marquee signing in 2009. 12 years later after 7 years in the top flight, £800k (Lowe) was our level of marquee signing.
Certain reporters saying we have little money! on 07:25 - Jul 22 with 466 viewsangryjack

We got money but its been robbed off us by them yanks...obviously
Certain reporters saying we have little money! on 09:31 - Jul 22 with 426 viewsCatullus

Certain reporters saying we have little money! on 00:52 - Jul 22 by ReslovenSwan1

"Investment hedge funds only lay money out to gain long term, not continue to chuck money""

"Chuck money" Not a term i have heard on Bloomberg.

Tends to be used buy poor old Phillip on SCFC2 who was convinced Swansea had 200 fake employees at Fairwood receiving zombie wage slips. "Martyn" loved all his post until he realised eventually he was a looney tune.

Come on now Martin, stop talking to yourself.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Certain reporters saying we have little money! on 09:58 - Jul 22 with 411 viewsBadlands

Certain reporters saying we have little money! on 20:50 - Jul 21 by magicdaps10

That is what the reporters are stating with Henry but state we have little money, 5m might be off the cards for Henry but he isn't going to cost a few 100 thousand.

My Cal is, how can they say we hold a genuine interest in him but yet we have little money, likely hood that it will not happen but you don't look at a car that is over your price without having a bit of money to try knocking it down to what you can pay.

We have little money.
We could be losing about £14 million from parachute payments
But we don't have massive debt.
Last season, with a 'loan' from Silverstein we have done OK.
We will have projected wages and loan cost for the period of the original agreements including those returning early which could have released as much as £200,000 a week + loan fees which would not be cheap. Hat is not far off matching the parachute payment.
We are by no means flush but we do have a sound operating budget imo.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Certain reporters saying we have little money! on 09:59 - Jul 22 with 407 viewspikeypaul

Certain reporters saying we have little money! on 20:54 - Jul 21 by owainglyndwr

Maybe Bids are just smoke .

Where do people think money will come from .

Investment hedge funds only lay money out to gain long term, not continue to chuck money

100%

The thing is most of the muppets have still not accepted that we are run by a hedge fund thats sole interest is making money for themselves and have feck all interest in SCFC or its fans.
You get what you deserve.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Certain reporters saying we have little money! on 10:07 - Jul 22 with 402 viewsBadlands

Certain reporters saying we have little money! on 09:59 - Jul 22 by pikeypaul

100%

The thing is most of the muppets have still not accepted that we are run by a hedge fund thats sole interest is making money for themselves and have feck all interest in SCFC or its fans.
You get what you deserve.

Most muppets are still claiming the shareholder in the US are a hedge fund.
They value of their investment has fallen from £61,000,000 to around £20,000,000.
What hedge fund takes a £41,000,000 hit over 5 years and makes money out of the deal?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Certain reporters saying we have little money! on 10:09 - Jul 22 with 397 viewsmagicdaps10

Certain reporters saying we have little money! on 09:58 - Jul 22 by Badlands

We have little money.
We could be losing about £14 million from parachute payments
But we don't have massive debt.
Last season, with a 'loan' from Silverstein we have done OK.
We will have projected wages and loan cost for the period of the original agreements including those returning early which could have released as much as £200,000 a week + loan fees which would not be cheap. Hat is not far off matching the parachute payment.
We are by no means flush but we do have a sound operating budget imo.

Spot on but I cannot take that some reporters are saying that we are not an attractive opportunity, there are a dozen or so clubs in this league slapped with/or recently had transfer embargos on them.

I would be thinking as a manager, they have just spent 1.5M on players and looking at what players will realistically be here for the season and I certainly see positives for the club.

Certain reporters saying we have little money! on 11:08 - Jul 22 with 366 viewsDr_Parnassus

Certain reporters saying we have little money! on 10:07 - Jul 22 by Badlands

They value of their investment has fallen from £61,000,000 to around £20,000,000.
What hedge fund takes a £41,000,000 hit over 5 years and makes money out of the deal?

Ones that eventually think they will get promoted and can increase the value of the company.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Certain reporters saying we have little money! on 15:04 - Jul 22 with 304 viewsmax936

They were convinced their were buying a pedigree, but ended up with a mongrel instead, Jack to a King did its job to a T.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Certain reporters saying we have little money! on 15:39 - Jul 22 with 280 viewsjack247

I think you’ve missed his point there.

Their sole interest when they bought us was to make money. That’s probably true, though the appeal of owning a PL club may also be a factor.

Nothing wrong with that, it’s the same for virtually all owners, especially at PL level.

The fact that we’ve got relegated on their watch and the value of their investment has plummeted doesn’t change the fact they bought the club to make money.

I’d imagine their overwhelming interest now is either to make money by getting us back up, or to minimise their losses on us.
Certain reporters saying we have little money! on 15:46 - Jul 22 with 275 viewsReslovenSwan1

Certain reporters saying we have little money! on 15:39 - Jul 22 by jack247

I think you’ve missed his point there.

Their sole interest when they bought us was to make money. That’s probably true, though the appeal of owning a PL club may also be a factor.

Nothing wrong with that, it’s the same for virtually all owners, especially at PL level.

The fact that we’ve got relegated on their watch and the value of their investment has plummeted doesn’t change the fact they bought the club to make money.

I’d imagine their overwhelming interest now is either to make money by getting us back up, or to minimise their losses on us.

Investors in low inflation days are looking for returns of around 4% to cover inflation with a little on top. The US guys bought 69% Swansea at a discounted £1m per 1%. Burnely was sold for £200m of £2m per 1%.

Both Silverstein and Levien group can make 5% out of the Convertible loan note if they fancy being kind to the Welsh shareholders and do not convert.

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024