Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. 18:21 - Jul 22 with 2209 viewsReslovenSwan1

I have a a very good recollection of of the old sages on here and on the fantasy forum SCFC2 explaining to the masses that according to "Hedge fund" methodology the US owners will depart as soon as the parachute ends as there would be no reason for them to stay. I was on SCFC 2 then to be honest before getting banned for asking awkward questions.

They also said the US people would never invest any new cash. While the cash investment thing is a little vague with the convertible loan notes, cash is in the bunker at Fairwood and
the club might not have to pay it back with interest.

As far as i am aware at this point there appears to be no plan to divest and leave their south Wales investment.

Does anyone else remember these predictions or own up to them? Perhaps it will still happen. Anything is possible at Swansea city.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 23:16 - Jul 23 with 616 viewsCatullus

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 23:16 - Jul 22 by ReslovenSwan1

I was on SCFC2 at the time under Jim White. Andrew from Aberdare was the main promoter of this scenario. Big Oak is very anti American, Mark (London) Jack would regularly talk of 'quick flips' and Garynotrashcougar was all for starting boycotts of all the clubs outlet.

They are still at it today. Phillip believed there were up to 200 staff unaccounted for but on the books. Some of the folks were on both sites under different names. Both sites were comfy homes for fake news and fake scenarios.

I would not come on this site while the 'Zappa' guard dog was on duty. He kept many a punter away.

Under Andrew s scenario which he firmly believed in selling the club was not necessary as administration was part of the plan. This plan according to him was presented to the US buyers as a zero risk option. Use the parachutes to cover your buying costs and then run.

Such 'scare tactics' even exist today which I have raised in the past and will not raise again.

But you said you had a good recollection of the sages on here too, so come on, or is it nonsense?
Naming people on that other site is no good, I never used it.

The Zappa guard dog, made me laugh to be fair. I can't argue that part though.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 00:08 - Jul 24 with 584 viewsBillyChong

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 23:16 - Jul 22 by ReslovenSwan1

I was on SCFC2 at the time under Jim White. Andrew from Aberdare was the main promoter of this scenario. Big Oak is very anti American, Mark (London) Jack would regularly talk of 'quick flips' and Garynotrashcougar was all for starting boycotts of all the clubs outlet.

They are still at it today. Phillip believed there were up to 200 staff unaccounted for but on the books. Some of the folks were on both sites under different names. Both sites were comfy homes for fake news and fake scenarios.

I would not come on this site while the 'Zappa' guard dog was on duty. He kept many a punter away.

Under Andrew s scenario which he firmly believed in selling the club was not necessary as administration was part of the plan. This plan according to him was presented to the US buyers as a zero risk option. Use the parachutes to cover your buying costs and then run.

Such 'scare tactics' even exist today which I have raised in the past and will not raise again.

Says the person who peddles nonsense such as ‘Cooper had a bigger budget than Brentford last season’
The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 12:35 - Jul 24 with 531 viewsReslovenSwan1

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 00:08 - Jul 24 by BillyChong

Says the person who peddles nonsense such as ‘Cooper had a bigger budget than Brentford last season’

Brentford had no parachute and roughly the same "NET" spend. They lost Watkins for £30m and the player that went to West ham for £25m which obviously helped. Watkins was easily within Swansea s budget at Exeter but Swansea went in for Grimes.

Their owner has invested but that was primarily to cover the new stadium.

Swansea lost McBurnie and James before he arrived and Cooper brought in loans and kept Borja and Ayew.

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 12:58 - Jul 24 with 527 viewsReslovenSwan1

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 23:16 - Jul 23 by Catullus

But you said you had a good recollection of the sages on here too, so come on, or is it nonsense?
Naming people on that other site is no good, I never used it.

The Zappa guard dog, made me laugh to be fair. I can't argue that part though.

I am taking about he general level of debate both on here and the other site. I do not keep little notebook scribbling down quotes from 2018. Not my style.

I asked if anyone could recall such quotes. Guthrie confirmed it. I could research it but cannot be bothered. You have obviously forgotten.

A recent idea from some is that the minority shareholders can be diluted to zero. The argument is as majority owners "They could do this" and "they could do that".

Plundering the parachutes and asset stripping was one of the things they "could have done".
They did not do this because they are decent owners.

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 13:29 - Jul 24 with 509 viewsCatullus

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 12:58 - Jul 24 by ReslovenSwan1

I am taking about he general level of debate both on here and the other site. I do not keep little notebook scribbling down quotes from 2018. Not my style.

I asked if anyone could recall such quotes. Guthrie confirmed it. I could research it but cannot be bothered. You have obviously forgotten.

A recent idea from some is that the minority shareholders can be diluted to zero. The argument is as majority owners "They could do this" and "they could do that".

Plundering the parachutes and asset stripping was one of the things they "could have done".
They did not do this because they are decent owners.

So you don't have a good recollection then, some might call that a lie, I'll go with you being mistaken.

I often don't remember yesterday without looking it up. Some things stick, some don't.

I do remember talk of minority shareholders having their percentage diluted but not to zero, that's a physical impossibility, they would always have a percentagee even if it was a tiny one.
I also remember so very spurious claims about what our owners could do. Some people are still claiming they've milked the club dry despite the evidence. I've read comments on the WOL that 100 million is missing, recent comments too suggesting we should have 130 million lying around so why don't they invest it. That's because people only seem to count the money coming in and never count the outgoings. That's true on here too. They remember what we got for Gylfi but don't remember we spent close on 50 million just on Ayew and Bony (fees and wages).

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 14:35 - Jul 24 with 499 viewsReslovenSwan1

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 13:29 - Jul 24 by Catullus

So you don't have a good recollection then, some might call that a lie, I'll go with you being mistaken.

I often don't remember yesterday without looking it up. Some things stick, some don't.

I do remember talk of minority shareholders having their percentage diluted but not to zero, that's a physical impossibility, they would always have a percentagee even if it was a tiny one.
I also remember so very spurious claims about what our owners could do. Some people are still claiming they've milked the club dry despite the evidence. I've read comments on the WOL that 100 million is missing, recent comments too suggesting we should have 130 million lying around so why don't they invest it. That's because people only seem to count the money coming in and never count the outgoings. That's true on here too. They remember what we got for Gylfi but don't remember we spent close on 50 million just on Ayew and Bony (fees and wages).

Not good enough Catullus. I have a clear memory of the post and sentiments but not forensic details of the posters on Planetswans as I was not a member. If you want proof please go through the archives for yourself. Mr Guthrie also confirmed it actually.

I was neither mistaken nor lying. I try to avoid lying as a matter of lifestyle and to preserve personal reputation in the village. You may think I made it up, but it is not my obligation to prove to you I did not although actually it would be very easy.

The idea of the minor shareholders concern about being diluted 'to nothing' is stated in one of their own statements and I highlighted at the time. I no longer comment on such matters.

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 16:44 - Jul 24 with 465 viewsCatullus

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 14:35 - Jul 24 by ReslovenSwan1

Not good enough Catullus. I have a clear memory of the post and sentiments but not forensic details of the posters on Planetswans as I was not a member. If you want proof please go through the archives for yourself. Mr Guthrie also confirmed it actually.

I was neither mistaken nor lying. I try to avoid lying as a matter of lifestyle and to preserve personal reputation in the village. You may think I made it up, but it is not my obligation to prove to you I did not although actually it would be very easy.

The idea of the minor shareholders concern about being diluted 'to nothing' is stated in one of their own statements and I highlighted at the time. I no longer comment on such matters.

Not good enough? No it isn't but that is on you. The person making the claims is the one obligated to provide proof. If I disagree with you it's not my job to try and prove you right.

You don't need "forensic" details, purely a username. I'm sure if the posts are so memorable a username must be in there somewhere. There again, if it's so easy to prove, why do you refuse?

You could be right, come on, back yourself.

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 18:20 - Jul 24 with 454 viewsReslovenSwan1

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 16:44 - Jul 24 by Catullus

Not good enough? No it isn't but that is on you. The person making the claims is the one obligated to provide proof. If I disagree with you it's not my job to try and prove you right.

You don't need "forensic" details, purely a username. I'm sure if the posts are so memorable a username must be in there somewhere. There again, if it's so easy to prove, why do you refuse?

You could be right, come on, back yourself.

I pointed out some sages in bygone years on this forum suggested that the US owners would depart this club once the parachutes ran out. I asked if any one had remembered these dubious quotes or were prepared to own up to them. Guthrie confirmed these claims were made.

They may well be right. It was not an accusation. I simply brought to your attention that if they were correct the US people would now be packing their bags and leaving. There is no evidence that this is happening. I suspect it was an myth.

You have asked me to provide you with further details. You can do this yourself. I provided you with names from memory of the fruitcakes on SCFC2.

Guthrie also remembers these claims. Without going through the archives that should be enough. One claim and one agreeing the claim. I avoid personalising in general. I have no obligation to provide evidence to you free of charge. I have been through this process often enough with the Chief. One question always leads to another followed by a put down.

Login to get fewer ads

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 19:17 - Jul 24 with 449 viewsChief

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 18:20 - Jul 24 by ReslovenSwan1

I pointed out some sages in bygone years on this forum suggested that the US owners would depart this club once the parachutes ran out. I asked if any one had remembered these dubious quotes or were prepared to own up to them. Guthrie confirmed these claims were made.

They may well be right. It was not an accusation. I simply brought to your attention that if they were correct the US people would now be packing their bags and leaving. There is no evidence that this is happening. I suspect it was an myth.

You have asked me to provide you with further details. You can do this yourself. I provided you with names from memory of the fruitcakes on SCFC2.

Guthrie also remembers these claims. Without going through the archives that should be enough. One claim and one agreeing the claim. I avoid personalising in general. I have no obligation to provide evidence to you free of charge. I have been through this process often enough with the Chief. One question always leads to another followed by a put down.

Apologies, but when you spout as much unsubstantiated waffle as yourself you should be able to stand up to scrutiny and expect people to ask you to clarify your bizarre points.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 20:19 - Jul 24 with 436 viewsReslovenSwan1

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 19:17 - Jul 24 by Chief

Apologies, but when you spout as much unsubstantiated waffle as yourself you should be able to stand up to scrutiny and expect people to ask you to clarify your bizarre points.

It is only bizarre in your regulated and programmed mind. Several years of reading dross on planetswans with this forums previous owner and his pet 'Zappa' probably means you are going to struggle with challenging arguments and concepts. It is not actually your fault.

Clarifications are not required. My claim has been substantiated by another poster. Fans rarely like to drift out of herd narratives for fear of abuse or even the gentle puts downs by your good self.

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 20:24 - Jul 24 with 435 viewsBillyChong

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 12:35 - Jul 24 by ReslovenSwan1

Brentford had no parachute and roughly the same "NET" spend. They lost Watkins for £30m and the player that went to West ham for £25m which obviously helped. Watkins was easily within Swansea s budget at Exeter but Swansea went in for Grimes.

Their owner has invested but that was primarily to cover the new stadium.

Swansea lost McBurnie and James before he arrived and Cooper brought in loans and kept Borja and Ayew.

The ‘same net spend’, whatever. Bottom line they spent £5m potentially rising to £10m on a striker last summer. We spent £800k on a winger/come striker. Nowhere near the same budget.
The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 20:45 - Jul 24 with 431 viewsChief

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 20:19 - Jul 24 by ReslovenSwan1

It is only bizarre in your regulated and programmed mind. Several years of reading dross on planetswans with this forums previous owner and his pet 'Zappa' probably means you are going to struggle with challenging arguments and concepts. It is not actually your fault.

Clarifications are not required. My claim has been substantiated by another poster. Fans rarely like to drift out of herd narratives for fear of abuse or even the gentle puts downs by your good self.

I have no idea who you're on about. I don't know anyone called Zappa so to suggest they have any influence on my opinions are bizarre. And I don't struggle with any logical, practical, coherent or truthful points, but those facets are rarely found in your fantastical posts, so there's the obvious requirement to reign you in.

What claim? You make unsubstantiated claims all the time. I wasn't referring to anyone in particular.

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 20:54 - Jul 24 with 428 viewsReslovenSwan1

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 20:24 - Jul 24 by BillyChong

The ‘same net spend’, whatever. Bottom line they spent £5m potentially rising to £10m on a striker last summer. We spent £800k on a winger/come striker. Nowhere near the same budget.

Brentford lost their two best players, Watkins and Benramhma.

I did not hear excuses from Thomas Frank. He might have quit complaining bout the direction of travel of the club. No parachute for Frank.

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 21:13 - Jul 24 with 426 viewsChief

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 20:54 - Jul 24 by ReslovenSwan1

Brentford lost their two best players, Watkins and Benramhma.

I did not hear excuses from Thomas Frank. He might have quit complaining bout the direction of travel of the club. No parachute for Frank.

Frank didn't complain because he was allowed to invest £5mill quid on a striker as well as various other signings which you fail to mention of course.

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 22:20 - Jul 24 with 414 viewsjasper_T

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 21:13 - Jul 24 by Chief

Frank didn't complain because he was allowed to invest £5mill quid on a striker as well as various other signings which you fail to mention of course.

They signed fewer players than we did last season. Sold two stars where we only lost one. More than £40m net transfer profit with a smaller wage bill than ours allows you to push the boat out.

Shame Cooper developed £23m Brewster for Liverpool instead of someone that added value to his own club. Might have had more to invest in replacements. No use moaning that he wasn't allowed to spend money that isn't there.
The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 23:39 - Jul 24 with 393 viewsChief

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 22:20 - Jul 24 by jasper_T

They signed fewer players than we did last season. Sold two stars where we only lost one. More than £40m net transfer profit with a smaller wage bill than ours allows you to push the boat out.

Shame Cooper developed £23m Brewster for Liverpool instead of someone that added value to his own club. Might have had more to invest in replacements. No use moaning that he wasn't allowed to spend money that isn't there.

But the quality of player Brentford brought on was obviously superior. Toney being the standout, Janelt also performed. So that's why Frank was moaning.

Without Brewster we wouldn't have got near the play offs though. It's not like we were playing anyone like Cullen for example before Brewster came so he didn't inhibit anyone. But disingenuous to suggest that.

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 15:21 - Jul 25 with 322 viewsReslovenSwan1

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 21:13 - Jul 24 by Chief

Frank had a massive net spend surplus for the club. He wanted a centre forward and he got one. This was his job. Cooper wanted a centre forward and did not get one. He may have been too risk averse.

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 15:58 - Jul 25 with 301 viewsjasper_T

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 23:39 - Jul 24 by Chief

But the quality of player Brentford brought on was obviously superior. Toney being the standout, Janelt also performed. So that's why Frank was moaning.

Without Brewster we wouldn't have got near the play offs though. It's not like we were playing anyone like Cullen for example before Brewster came so he didn't inhibit anyone. But disingenuous to suggest that.

Brentford lost better and gained better. You can do that as a manager/club when you develop your own players well. £50m income vs £15m, in a division where everyone spends more in wages than they make in basic revenue.

We had slightly better than relegation form in the period after Brewster arrived, 1.1/1.2 points per game and slipping down the table fast until covid put a pause on everything. He got a good individual return but it's not like he improved our form over from the first half of the season. Short term we maybe don't scrape into the playoffs via Forest collapse by giving our own assets time on the pitch but long term the club would have benefited more.
The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 16:04 - Jul 25 with 295 viewslondonlisa2001

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 15:58 - Jul 25 by jasper_T

Brentford lost better and gained better. You can do that as a manager/club when you develop your own players well. £50m income vs £15m, in a division where everyone spends more in wages than they make in basic revenue.

We had slightly better than relegation form in the period after Brewster arrived, 1.1/1.2 points per game and slipping down the table fast until covid put a pause on everything. He got a good individual return but it's not like he improved our form over from the first half of the season. Short term we maybe don't scrape into the playoffs via Forest collapse by giving our own assets time on the pitch but long term the club would have benefited more.

In the year to 30 June 2020 Brentford made a loss of £9m plus.

In the year to 31 July 2020 Swans made a profit of £2.7m.

Just in case anyone wants to deal in facts.
The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 18:31 - Jul 25 with 250 viewsjasper_T

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 16:04 - Jul 25 by londonlisa2001

In the year to 30 June 2020 Brentford made a loss of £9m plus.

In the year to 31 July 2020 Swans made a profit of £2.7m.

Just in case anyone wants to deal in facts.

That was the season before, when they only sold £35m in players, and we had £40m in parachute money propping up our figures which has since disappeared. They've definitely spent beyond their means, and ownership debts have been mounting since the got to the Championship (particularly with the new stadium build), but let's not pretend that our manager should have been spending £5m on strikers just because Benham let Thomas Frank do it.
The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 18:39 - Jul 25 with 236 viewslondonlisa2001

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 18:31 - Jul 25 by jasper_T

That was the season before, when they only sold £35m in players, and we had £40m in parachute money propping up our figures which has since disappeared. They've definitely spent beyond their means, and ownership debts have been mounting since the got to the Championship (particularly with the new stadium build), but let's not pretend that our manager should have been spending £5m on strikers just because Benham let Thomas Frank do it.

I don’t think we should have paid £5m for a striker.

But I equally don’t think we should pay a penny on a player or players that the manager doesn’t want. The manager should not determine who is signed on his own but he should have a veto on players he does not want.
The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 18:44 - Jul 25 with 225 viewsBillyChong

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 18:31 - Jul 25 by jasper_T

We probably shouldn’t be spending £5m when depending on loan notes, but bottom line we did not have a budget as big as Brentford’s that claim was total nonsense. Either way Brentford will be handsomely repaid for those signings now.
The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 19:37 - Jul 25 with 198 viewsReslovenSwan1

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 18:44 - Jul 25 by BillyChong

We probably shouldn’t be spending £5m when depending on loan notes, but bottom line we did not have a budget as big as Brentford’s that claim was total nonsense. Either way Brentford will be handsomely repaid for those signings now.

They did more trading both in and out. One was Watkins who was a goal scoring forward converted from a winger similar to Lowe. The had a huge trading surplus. The figues are not that relevant because they had a new stadium to fund.

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 20:02 - Jul 25 with 188 viewslondonlisa2001

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 19:37 - Jul 25 by ReslovenSwan1

They did more trading both in and out. One was Watkins who was a goal scoring forward converted from a winger similar to Lowe. The had a huge trading surplus. The figues are not that relevant because they had a new stadium to fund.

Brentford had bigger losses than we did.

Full stop.

They invested more in players as they have an owner who has invested tens of millions.

We do not. And that’s fine. But saying they only bought people because of their trading is simply bollox. And the stadium expenditure doesn’t hit those figures as it’s a balance sheet expenditure not a P&L expenditure.

They really should find someone who is not utterly financially illiterate to do some of the heavy lifting you know.
The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 20:34 - Jul 25 with 173 viewsCatullus

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 18:20 - Jul 24 by ReslovenSwan1

That's what I don't understand, you remember usernames from SCFC2 but you aren't keen to mention names from this site.

When you calim to have a good recollection but when challenged won't (or maybe can't) name anyone it does make one wonder. You are pretty regular at making "presumptions" with no evidence, maybe you are making claims with no evidence?

If you're not going to back yourself up then I guess I'll leave it there.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024