Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread 10:05 - Jul 23 with 7152 viewsonehunglow

OK ,I know it's another thread but the good Guv will delete if it offends in some way.

I like Lions tours.It sees the Welsh playing alongside the posh/privileged public school boys of England and the scions of Scottish borders farmers and the Irish boys too big for Hurling.

Now we see the Blacks and Coloured playing for Bokke rather than parking their cars or watering their lawns,they have a significant pool of talent.It's nuts really Apartheid saw these dumb jerks marginalise and brutalise the majority and only allow them to find coal for the Braai instead of sharing food and drink with them even at the same table .
Tomorrow sees another black Bokke captain in the magnificent Am. Terreblanche mut be turning in his grave or wwizzing around in that dust bowl in the Free State skies.

Any SA tour is brutal.I mean ,although we left them the game after kicking them out of the Cape,we left them rugby.Pretty magnaminous of us really.Tomorrow will be scary,trust me.Anti eggers or effete footballers,stick to synchronised swimming in the Olympics.

I predict Hogg will have a torrid time but I agree Sanjay shouldn't have played,if only to protect Waunarlydd' s bravest warrior if only from himself after being concussed last time out. Bokke aren't exactly forgiving folk-they haven't forgiven us for the concentration camps for the Boers we invented-and they would have targetted anjay's head from the kick off. Good luck Hogg.

It' s all about forwards though as anyone who has played the game will testify and tomorrow will see the Lions front up and they will. It might well not be enough though and I feel AWJ election is plain wrong. Eben ,Franco and the blond butcher Pieter Steph will be targetting his shoulder. They will be looking to snap it,make no mistake here.

Gatland has gone for size and power but I 'm not sure it'll work. We ''ll ee.

If the backs get the ball,Biggar will,no doubt,kick it half way up Table Mountain but if he gets it wrong,Cheslin Kolbe will be waiting to run at him and the others and simply take the pyss. This boy is beyond exciting. Ive not seen such talent since Lomu albeit in another guise..

The centre pairing is a weakness. IMO. Daly untried isn't smart and Henshaw is not 100% fit.He will need to be against De Allende and Am. Two great exponents of the position.

I only see Willy at full back as a real weakness.Past his best by some time althoigh still a class act.

Finally,I reflect on the days when in the sixties a Bokke team was literally and deservedly seen as poison and rightly so albeit one country we played . Imagine an international team due to play a regional team then and hour before kick off having it moved to another ground as demonstrators were suspected of having spread tacks all over the pitch. This game was transferred to New Brighton RFC . Days when black lads picked the oranges the players scoffed at half time but weren't allowed to play the in the same game.

Times like These

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 19:16 - Jul 31 with 877 viewsunion_jack

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 19:04 - Jul 31 by Catullus

The Turks were playing mind games as most teams do, specially in the build up to a derby game. In 2018 the Ospreys were complaining about Owens,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/ospreys-point-finger-nigel-

Erasmus did the same thing, trying to pressure officials.

The BRITISH media can influence things in Britain but are you seriously claiming they can unfairly influence things in South Africa? What are the journos doing, approaching the officials and making threats?

Tell me (and don't go google searching) how aware are you, or anyone else on here of what's being said in the South African media? Any idea at all?

Whatever, we've been dicked today.
Poor attacking choices with the high ball
No one to break the line at centre though that is a tough ask
Not good at taking the high ball. Got better towards the end
Need a week of abstinence!

Think SA are only going to get stronger unfortunately.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 19:48 - Jul 31 with 845 viewsGwyn737

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 19:16 - Jul 31 by union_jack

Whatever, we've been dicked today.
Poor attacking choices with the high ball
No one to break the line at centre though that is a tough ask
Not good at taking the high ball. Got better towards the end
Need a week of abstinence!

Think SA are only going to get stronger unfortunately.

Yep - no complaints.

A few changes needed for next week.

Liam Williams has to come in and there’s a strong case for at least Hamish Watson, Aki and Beirne.
Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 20:06 - Jul 31 with 834 viewsbuilthjack

My good friend Wyn Jones has to come in if fit. It looks like he will be.
Then we can have a hell of a sesh at his wedding on his return.
Come on Wyn boy.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 20:09 - Jul 31 with 832 viewsGwyn737

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 20:06 - Jul 31 by builthjack

My good friend Wyn Jones has to come in if fit. It looks like he will be.
Then we can have a hell of a sesh at his wedding on his return.
Come on Wyn boy.

Definitely. I didn’t realise he was going to be fit. 👍
Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 20:13 - Jul 31 with 823 viewsbuilthjack

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 20:09 - Jul 31 by Gwyn737

Definitely. I didn’t realise he was going to be fit. 👍

Welsh back three hopefully.
Big Swans fan too.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 20:14]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 21:00 - Jul 31 with 797 viewsKeithHaynes

Poor second half, next week is the decider.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 21:45 - Jul 31 with 766 viewsmax936

We were shocking from start to finish, Pollard controlled the match for the Safies, we were useless under the high ball, couldn't control our own ball and constantly lost ball in contact, their second try should never have been given, he lost control and ball went forward before any significant downward pressure, Klobe's challenge was a red all day in any other game, Ref and TMO were definitely influenced by what Euramus said in week, but Gatland lost his mojo in this one without a doubt, massive week ahead.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 22:17 - Jul 31 with 741 viewsonehunglow

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 21:45 - Jul 31 by max936

We were shocking from start to finish, Pollard controlled the match for the Safies, we were useless under the high ball, couldn't control our own ball and constantly lost ball in contact, their second try should never have been given, he lost control and ball went forward before any significant downward pressure, Klobe's challenge was a red all day in any other game, Ref and TMO were definitely influenced by what Euramus said in week, but Gatland lost his mojo in this one without a doubt, massive week ahead.

Rassie certainly got into the Ref@s head.

Login to get fewer ads

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 22:34 - Jul 31 with 731 viewsGwyn737

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 21:45 - Jul 31 by max936

If Rassie is constant with his demands for player safety, I fully expect the YouTube video condemning the referee foe not sending Kolbe off 😉
Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 22:42 - Jul 31 with 723 viewsonehunglow

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 22:34 - Jul 31 by Gwyn737

If Rassie is constant with his demands for player safety, I fully expect the YouTube video condemning the referee foe not sending Kolbe off 😉

No chance of that Gwyn.
#Rassie ,to me,reminds me of the previous era of White Supremicist Afrikaaner who cannot contemplate being beaten by the British.

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 22:44 - Jul 31 with 717 viewstrampie

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 19:04 - Jul 31 by Catullus

The Turks were playing mind games as most teams do, specially in the build up to a derby game. In 2018 the Ospreys were complaining about Owens,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/ospreys-point-finger-nigel-

Erasmus did the same thing, trying to pressure officials.

The BRITISH media can influence things in Britain but are you seriously claiming they can unfairly influence things in South Africa? What are the journos doing, approaching the officials and making threats?

Tell me (and don't go google searching) how aware are you, or anyone else on here of what's being said in the South African media? Any idea at all?

It's the internet age, South African fans have been on Gwlad, Scum V, Scarlet Fever, Planet rugby etc, talking of those rugby sites Scarlets fans on those sites will tell that they don't want Owens reffing them against the O's, at one point they had a petition to try and stop him being appointed to that match.

British media is all powerful they will interview players and officials from both sides, they write what they write it's impossible for the officials not to be aware that the media thinks that a certain player is a dirty player, or one team play on the offside line, or a prop has a reputation for taking a scrum down, or a flanker has a reputation for hitting the outside half late etc etc

Did Rassie a South African coach have any influence over the British media ?, did he have any influence over the New Zealand ref ?
Lots of people are speculating he did, you obviously think that is not possible.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 22:48 - Jul 31 with 705 viewsonehunglow

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 22:44 - Jul 31 by trampie

It's the internet age, South African fans have been on Gwlad, Scum V, Scarlet Fever, Planet rugby etc, talking of those rugby sites Scarlets fans on those sites will tell that they don't want Owens reffing them against the O's, at one point they had a petition to try and stop him being appointed to that match.

British media is all powerful they will interview players and officials from both sides, they write what they write it's impossible for the officials not to be aware that the media thinks that a certain player is a dirty player, or one team play on the offside line, or a prop has a reputation for taking a scrum down, or a flanker has a reputation for hitting the outside half late etc etc

Did Rassie a South African coach have any influence over the British media ?, did he have any influence over the New Zealand ref ?
Lots of people are speculating he did, you obviously think that is not possible.

Rassie is probably till angry having to select a team containing blacks and coloured . Worse,that they share the same changing room and eat at the same restaurants.

Apartheid didnt end because the Afrikaaner thought it was time ,but because it was forced on them.

Those that could ,got out of the country leaving those who could afford to stay secure behind barbed wire mansions.

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 22:55 - Jul 31 with 699 viewsCatullus

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 22:44 - Jul 31 by trampie

The British media is all powerful.....you have to be on a wind up, it's the only explanation. If that is the case why are the British media talking about Kolbe not being sent off and the "unprecedented attack on the officials by the South Africans" as reported on tonights news?

Yes it's the internet age but a few fans on websites isn't the news media is it. Or are you changing your story?
Now that petition against Owens, was it big? How many people signed it? I doubt it was many but there are always a few odd people who do these things.

Call me dumb but I thought you were claiming the British media was all powerful, when did Erasmus statrt working for the British media? If Erasmus influenced the officials it proves your all powerful media claim is simply nonsense, just another attack on anything you percieve to be English.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 23:39 - Jul 31 with 680 viewstrampie

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 22:55 - Jul 31 by Catullus

The British media is all powerful.....you have to be on a wind up, it's the only explanation. If that is the case why are the British media talking about Kolbe not being sent off and the "unprecedented attack on the officials by the South Africans" as reported on tonights news?

Yes it's the internet age but a few fans on websites isn't the news media is it. Or are you changing your story?
Now that petition against Owens, was it big? How many people signed it? I doubt it was many but there are always a few odd people who do these things.

Call me dumb but I thought you were claiming the British media was all powerful, when did Erasmus statrt working for the British media? If Erasmus influenced the officials it proves your all powerful media claim is simply nonsense, just another attack on anything you percieve to be English.

Oh I see you don't think the British media in football, rugby and cricket are all powerful and I think they are, I wonder what Anders Frisk thinks, didn't they publish his address or something after he overseen an English team lose in Europe in football and retired young from the game.

I remember England being on the wrong end of decisions and losing the first test in Sri Lanka 20 odd years ago and they (English press) made such a fuss that England got every decision for the remaining 2 tests in their favour to win, it was ridiculous, the umpires were under so much scrutiny by the English press they wouldn't give any decisions to Sri Lanka, if I remember the Sri Lankan crowd had banners saying their umpire (home umpires in those days) bats for England.

You don't have to be the English press to heap pressure on officials, but it's what the English press do, I don't say it's necessarily their intention but it's a consequence of their actions.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 23:58]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 09:47 - Aug 1 with 599 viewsCatullus

The British media are no more "all powerful" than any other countries media, you're just being ridiculous. It's all the same agenda from you, made up nonsense to attack the English.

That Scarlets petition, 32 people signed it...32. Hardly a huge backing. The only turk I know was very happy with Nigel Owens, hardly proof either mind.

Media all over the world try to influence things, sports, politics, they're always at it and media won't change as long as it's owned by the selfish, greedy, rich people.

Do you think the British media influenced the officials much yesterday? Was that why Kolbe wasn't yellow carded? Or was that Erasmus' influence.

You have become a parody of yourself.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 10:24 - Aug 1 with 577 viewstrampie

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 09:47 - Aug 1 by Catullus

The British media are no more "all powerful" than any other countries media, you're just being ridiculous. It's all the same agenda from you, made up nonsense to attack the English.

That Scarlets petition, 32 people signed it...32. Hardly a huge backing. The only turk I know was very happy with Nigel Owens, hardly proof either mind.

Media all over the world try to influence things, sports, politics, they're always at it and media won't change as long as it's owned by the selfish, greedy, rich people.

Do you think the British media influenced the officials much yesterday? Was that why Kolbe wasn't yellow carded? Or was that Erasmus' influence.

You have become a parody of yourself.

The British sports pack are all powerful in rugby and cricket they are probably bigger in size than the rest of the World combined in either sport, in football I would not be surprised if they are the biggest.

I don't make anything up, I can tell you from fans I know and messageboards that Scarlet fans don't want Owens reffing them against the Ospreys and that is probably the majority of hardcore Scarlet fans.

Kolbe was yellow carded he went to the bin.

I can see what your problem is you don't think the British media have much influence in politics and sport whereas I think they have immense influence in politics and sport.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 10:25]

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 10:25 - Aug 1 with 577 viewsbritferry

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 10:30 - Jul 30 by britferry

SA by at least 10 for me in the 2nd test

there is always one know it all

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 11:20 - Aug 1 with 557 viewsCatullus

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 10:25 - Aug 1 by britferry

Every now and then it's you

What's your tip for the last test then? I haven't seen anything since he went off but I won't be upset if Faf DeClerk is injured and missing, same for Du Toit too!

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 11:24 - Aug 1 with 555 viewsmax936

They were good value for it to, faster and stronger to everything yesterday, even the 99

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 11:29 - Aug 1 with 553 viewsbritferry

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 11:20 - Aug 1 by Catullus

Every now and then it's you

What's your tip for the last test then? I haven't seen anything since he went off but I won't be upset if Faf DeClerk is injured and missing, same for Du Toit too!

Not sure yet, will have to see what changes Gat makes but we need more Welsh players in there just like Oz 2013

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 11:31 - Aug 1 with 549 viewstrampie

If only half of the 50-50 calls had gone the Boks way they would have won the first test, Rassie ensured that the Lions did not get all the close calls in the second test by listing bad call after bad call in the first test and asking for fair play, previously prior to the first test Gats cleverly raised concerns with the British press about the tmo being South African knowing it would put pressure on the tmo to be sympathetic to the Lions otherwise Gats would have called him out after the event.
I wonder if the Boks are 10,12,15 points better than the Lions in a game where the 50-50 calls are 50-50, or did the Lions just have a bad day at the office, perhaps we will know after the third test.

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 11:35 - Aug 1 with 534 viewsGwyn737

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 11:31 - Aug 1 by trampie

If only half of the 50-50 calls had gone the Boks way they would have won the first test, Rassie ensured that the Lions did not get all the close calls in the second test by listing bad call after bad call in the first test and asking for fair play, previously prior to the first test Gats cleverly raised concerns with the British press about the tmo being South African knowing it would put pressure on the tmo to be sympathetic to the Lions otherwise Gats would have called him out after the event.
I wonder if the Boks are 10,12,15 points better than the Lions in a game where the 50-50 calls are 50-50, or did the Lions just have a bad day at the office, perhaps we will know after the third test.

So Erasmus did influence the referees, then?
Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 11:41 - Aug 1 with 511 viewstrampie

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 11:35 - Aug 1 by Gwyn737

He only ensured fair play after Gats and the press had started their nonsense before the first test, he had to try and bring the pendulum back to the centre.

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 11:41 - Aug 1 with 510 viewsmax936

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 11:35 - Aug 1 by Gwyn737

Think Trampie has confused himself, he's certainly confused me

I think he did most definitely, him being a water carrier as well isn't very sporting either, shows his mentality, but if rules say he can do it, so we can't really blame him for taking advantage of the rule.

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 11:46 - Aug 1 with 492 viewsGwyn737

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 11:41 - Aug 1 by trampie

He only ensured fair play after Gats and the press had started their nonsense before the first test, he had to try and bring the pendulum back to the centre.

Commenting that World Rugby should have a plan to ensure neutral referees vs a 60 min video critiquing 26 ‘wrong’ decisions is simply not comparable.

I was delighted that Gatland and Alun-Wyn conducted themselves so superbly yesterday. Made me really proud.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024