Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread 10:05 - Jul 23 with 7132 viewsonehunglow

OK ,I know it's another thread but the good Guv will delete if it offends in some way.

I like Lions tours.It sees the Welsh playing alongside the posh/privileged public school boys of England and the scions of Scottish borders farmers and the Irish boys too big for Hurling.

Now we see the Blacks and Coloured playing for Bokke rather than parking their cars or watering their lawns,they have a significant pool of talent.It's nuts really Apartheid saw these dumb jerks marginalise and brutalise the majority and only allow them to find coal for the Braai instead of sharing food and drink with them even at the same table .
Tomorrow sees another black Bokke captain in the magnificent Am. Terreblanche mut be turning in his grave or wwizzing around in that dust bowl in the Free State skies.

Any SA tour is brutal.I mean ,although we left them the game after kicking them out of the Cape,we left them rugby.Pretty magnaminous of us really.Tomorrow will be scary,trust me.Anti eggers or effete footballers,stick to synchronised swimming in the Olympics.

I predict Hogg will have a torrid time but I agree Sanjay shouldn't have played,if only to protect Waunarlydd' s bravest warrior if only from himself after being concussed last time out. Bokke aren't exactly forgiving folk-they haven't forgiven us for the concentration camps for the Boers we invented-and they would have targetted anjay's head from the kick off. Good luck Hogg.

It' s all about forwards though as anyone who has played the game will testify and tomorrow will see the Lions front up and they will. It might well not be enough though and I feel AWJ election is plain wrong. Eben ,Franco and the blond butcher Pieter Steph will be targetting his shoulder. They will be looking to snap it,make no mistake here.

Gatland has gone for size and power but I 'm not sure it'll work. We ''ll ee.

If the backs get the ball,Biggar will,no doubt,kick it half way up Table Mountain but if he gets it wrong,Cheslin Kolbe will be waiting to run at him and the others and simply take the pyss. This boy is beyond exciting. Ive not seen such talent since Lomu albeit in another guise..

The centre pairing is a weakness. IMO. Daly untried isn't smart and Henshaw is not 100% fit.He will need to be against De Allende and Am. Two great exponents of the position.

I only see Willy at full back as a real weakness.Past his best by some time althoigh still a class act.

Finally,I reflect on the days when in the sixties a Bokke team was literally and deservedly seen as poison and rightly so albeit one country we played . Imagine an international team due to play a regional team then and hour before kick off having it moved to another ground as demonstrators were suspected of having spread tacks all over the pitch. This game was transferred to New Brighton RFC . Days when black lads picked the oranges the players scoffed at half time but weren't allowed to play the in the same game.

Times like These

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 18:47 - Aug 3 with 703 viewstheloneranger

British and Irish Lions: Williams; Adams, Henshaw, Aki, Van der Merwe; Biggar, Price; Jones, Owens, Furlong, Itoje, A Wyn Jones (c), Lawes, Curry, Conan

Replacements: Cowan-Dickie, Vunipola, Sinckler, Beard, Simmonds, Murray, Russell, Daly

South Africa: Le Roux; Kolbe, Am, De Allende, Mapimpi; Pollard, Reinach; Kitshoff, Mbonambi, Malherbe, Etzebeth, De Jager, Kolisi (c), Mostert, Wiese

Replacements: Marx, Nyakane, Koch, Van Staden, Smith, Jantjies, Steyn, Willemse

Scrum-half Faf de Klerk 😊 and reigning world player of the year Pieter-Steph du Toit both miss out on the SA side through injury.

Scrum-half Cobus Reinach starts at nine, while lock Franco Mostert switches to blind-side flanker.

Lood de Jager starts in the second row alongside Eben Etzebeth.

Veteran fly-half Morne Steyn comes into the matchday squad,

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 18:49 - Aug 3 with 697 viewsbritferry

better looking team, just surprised Van der Merwe kept his place
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 18:50]

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 22:28 - Aug 4 with 554 viewsCatullus

Du Toit and DeKlerk are big misses for them but they are a strong team.

I hate DeKlerk, he just seems to be everywhere and he gets big hits in too, for a short bloke!

I think the Boks will win, just a gut feeling. They can play the power game but they have real qulity too. I think it'll be closer than last time though. Not a game for the nervous.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 22:49 - Aug 4 with 549 viewsmax936

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 22:28 - Aug 4 by Catullus

Du Toit and DeKlerk are big misses for them but they are a strong team.

I hate DeKlerk, he just seems to be everywhere and he gets big hits in too, for a short bloke!

I think the Boks will win, just a gut feeling. They can play the power game but they have real qulity too. I think it'll be closer than last time though. Not a game for the nervous.

I can't see anything but a boks win either, don't like our back row one bit, centre still a major concern as well.
Liam Williams will be targeted as well, hope players try and protect him, to brave for his own good.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 09:43 - Aug 5 with 502 viewsProfessor

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 22:49 - Aug 4 by max936

I can't see anything but a boks win either, don't like our back row one bit, centre still a major concern as well.
Liam Williams will be targeted as well, hope players try and protect him, to brave for his own good.

Back row picked for physicality. Missing Tipuric's skill. Would loved to have seen Tips, Beirne and Simmonds as back row. Navidi not up to speed yet either, so can understand his omission
Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 18:17 - Aug 5 with 449 viewsmax936

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 09:43 - Aug 5 by Professor

Back row picked for physicality. Missing Tipuric's skill. Would loved to have seen Tips, Beirne and Simmonds as back row. Navidi not up to speed yet either, so can understand his omission

Why not Faletau and Watson, physicality wasn't much use last week, outmuscled and out thought, dropped ball give penalties away and Safies marched right over them.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 22:46 - Aug 6 with 346 viewsbritferry

Ok, finally gonna make my call... SA to win by 7

I think the Lions replacements will be a bit rusty but SA will miss that really annoying Faf bloke... lets hope I'm wrong but most of all, lets hope its a better game than we had last weekend

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 01:21 - Aug 8 with 289 viewsbritferry

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 20:41 - Aug 2 by britferry

I agree, I wouldn't mind seeing Finn Russell at 10 and wait for it, Farrell at 12 (for his goal kicking mainly) especially if Liam Williams is full-back.

Adams is a must too

Shame Tips is injured, I'd love to see him openside, I think Curry is well out of his depth. Faletau at 8, get Wyn Jones in the 23 too

I hate to blow my own trumpet YET AGAIN but when Dan Biggar went off, the Lions became a better team with Finn Russell at 10, I thought he was class and threw some beautiful dummy passes to beat the rush defence.

We were unlucky but Williams missed putting Adams in for a run at the line but its small errors like that costs us dear. He's a better 15 than Hogg and that Wide Receiver catch he took in the first half was world class. Curry was outplayed at open side.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024