Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Olympics thread 10:49 - Jul 23 with 11605 viewsKeithHaynes

Full guide here.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/57778808

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Olympics thread on 20:12 - Jul 28 with 1427 viewslondonlisa2001

Olympics thread on 17:44 - Jul 28 by britferry

so you'd be happy to see sheepdog trials in there too then?

So why stop there, lets have Polo in too? thats a game for the masses right there

And what about greyhound racing?

Pigeon racing?

Not sure what you mean about the game for the masses bit?

Different Olympic sports appeal to different people. And the competitors are different people. I love watching lots of different things. Charlotte Dujardin went to a state school in Leighton Buzzard - she is hardly a member of the aristo set.

Dressage has been in the Olympics forever hasn’t it?

They add lots of new things all the time. I enjoyed the surfing. And the street skateboarding.
Olympics thread on 20:31 - Jul 28 with 1447 viewsbritferry

Olympics thread on 20:12 - Jul 28 by londonlisa2001

Not sure what you mean about the game for the masses bit?

Different Olympic sports appeal to different people. And the competitors are different people. I love watching lots of different things. Charlotte Dujardin went to a state school in Leighton Buzzard - she is hardly a member of the aristo set.

Dressage has been in the Olympics forever hasn’t it?

They add lots of new things all the time. I enjoyed the surfing. And the street skateboarding.

My point is, you can be the greatest horse rider in the world but if you haven't got a high quality horse, you aint even making the games let alone winning.

And as for Polo, we dont get much of that down Swansea way, just making another point on how these elitist horse sports shouldn't be in the games.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Olympics thread on 20:46 - Jul 28 with 1407 viewslondonlisa2001

Olympics thread on 20:31 - Jul 28 by britferry

My point is, you can be the greatest horse rider in the world but if you haven't got a high quality horse, you aint even making the games let alone winning.

And as for Polo, we dont get much of that down Swansea way, just making another point on how these elitist horse sports shouldn't be in the games.

Yeah, well we didn’t much in the way of rowing either at Olchfa. Nor fencing. Nor sailing. Nor shooting. The boys did footie or rugby and the girls hockey or netball. We all did a bit of athletics in the summer.

I still like watching things and enjoy how good they are.

Some sports are more elitist, some are more enjoyed by more ‘ordinary’ people. I like watching all of them to be honest. They are all brilliant.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 20:53]
Olympics thread on 21:00 - Jul 28 with 1419 viewsbritferry

Olympics thread on 20:46 - Jul 28 by londonlisa2001

Yeah, well we didn’t much in the way of rowing either at Olchfa. Nor fencing. Nor sailing. Nor shooting. The boys did footie or rugby and the girls hockey or netball. We all did a bit of athletics in the summer.

Some sports are more elitist, some are more enjoyed by more ‘ordinary’ people. I like watching all of them to be honest. They are all brilliant.

No sailing in Swansea LOL

Olympics thread on 21:04 - Jul 28 with 1395 viewslondonlisa2001

Olympics thread on 21:00 - Jul 28 by britferry

No sailing in Swansea LOL

In my school, no. We didn't get a chance to go out on boats each week and learn to sail as part of games.

I’d be surprised if that was a big part of the curriculum in Cwrt Sart. Certainly wasn’t in my day.

I’m confused. So you think the Olympics should only be about sports for certain sections of society? Seems pretty non inclusive?
Olympics thread on 21:27 - Jul 28 with 1398 viewsbritferry

Olympics thread on 21:04 - Jul 28 by londonlisa2001

In my school, no. We didn't get a chance to go out on boats each week and learn to sail as part of games.

I’d be surprised if that was a big part of the curriculum in Cwrt Sart. Certainly wasn’t in my day.

I’m confused. So you think the Olympics should only be about sports for certain sections of society? Seems pretty non inclusive?

Its not the competitor in these sports, its the quality of the horse - its those sports that should be banned.

So if you like these sort of sports... what about sheep dog trials then ???

Olympics thread on 21:49 - Jul 28 with 1390 viewsWhiterockin

Olympics thread on 20:46 - Jul 28 by londonlisa2001

All British sport is elitist. If the lottery pumping millions in is not elitist what is. Its ok for Britain to subsidise to give British sport an advantage over other countries but its not OK for an individual to give a family member an advantage over other individuals.
Think about it. Money always gives an advantage, its just if it is helping you its ok.
Olympics thread on 23:39 - Jul 28 with 1337 viewsbritferry

here shep, down boy

Ok what about ROC, the Russian Olympic Committee... they ban the Russian team for being drug cheats but allow their athletes to compete in the games.

Login to get fewer ads

Olympics thread on 09:06 - Jul 29 with 1278 viewsonehunglow

Olympics thread on 14:05 - Jul 28 by trampie

There is no cruelty in dressage, my family own and train dressage horses, they even bred a dressage horse at home.

Are they Welsh horses?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Olympics thread on 09:16 - Jul 29 with 1253 viewstrampie

Olympics thread on 23:39 - Jul 28 by britferry

here shep, down boy

Ok what about ROC, the Russian Olympic Committee... they ban the Russian team for being drug cheats but allow their athletes to compete in the games.

The state is banned not the individual.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Olympics thread on 09:16 - Jul 29 with 1262 viewspikeypaul

Olympics thread on 21:27 - Jul 28 by britferry

Its not the competitor in these sports, its the quality of the horse - its those sports that should be banned.

So if you like these sort of sports... what about sheep dog trials then ???

It won’t be long before pigeon racing and fishing are in it
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 9:19]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Olympics thread on 09:20 - Jul 29 with 1258 viewsonehunglow

It is simple principle for me.
No animals used for the entertainment of humans.

Dogs are also bred to fight .

Olympics thread on 09:24 - Jul 29 with 1254 viewsDr_Winston

Going to stick with my initial prediction of 10-15 Gold medals in total. Rowing is usually good for 2-3 and we haven't won any this time around yet. If track cycling stutters then we'll do very well to get near 20. Think we may do well in the boxing though.

This seems to be a games too far for some and a games not far enough for others. Lots of younger competitors picking up Silver and Bronze so that bodes well for Paris.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Olympics thread on 09:24 - Jul 29 with 1251 viewspikeypaul

Olympics thread on 09:20 - Jul 29 by onehunglow

It is simple principle for me.
No animals used for the entertainment of humans.

Dogs are also bred to fight .

But you are happy to slaughter them, cook them and pour a bit of gravy over them before eating them ?
That’s not a criticism just an observation.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 9:25]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Olympics thread on 09:35 - Jul 29 with 1245 viewsonehunglow

Olympics thread on 09:24 - Jul 29 by pikeypaul

But you are happy to slaughter them, cook them and pour a bit of gravy over them before eating them ?
That’s not a criticism just an observation.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 9:25]

It's a fair point and good morning to you for a respectful riposte.
I do not view eating animal meat a entertainment. I believe we were given the teeth we have to chew meat.

I do not believe animals should be "trained" specifically to entertain men and women,especially when they are whipped on a racecourse for billionaires to glory in victory .

In all honestly ,Im still shocked from reading tramps and his raising of Dressage horses

Olympics thread on 09:51 - Jul 29 with 1243 viewspikeypaul

I agree and I’ll happily eat a steak.

Not read the English hating racists post, since he’s long been on ignore.

The forum is so much better when people like him and the London hypocrite are silenced .
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 9:53]

Olympics thread on 14:34 - Jul 29 with 1179 views73__73

Olympics thread on 09:16 - Jul 29 by pikeypaul

It won’t be long before pigeon racing and fishing are in it
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 9:19]

They should also give everyone a gold medal. They shouldn’t discriminate between 1st and last place.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Olympics thread on 16:35 - Jul 29 with 1152 viewspikeypaul

Olympics thread on 14:34 - Jul 29 by 73__73

They should also give everyone a gold medal. They shouldn’t discriminate between 1st and last place.

Don't give the liberal,leftie rsoles ideas😂😂😂😂

Olympics thread on 06:01 - Jul 30 with 1046 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

£24,600,000+ spent on preparing the British rowers for this Olympics and they fail miserably. Meanwhile that young woman who just won Great Britain a gold medal in BMX had to work as a teaching assistant and rely on crowdfunding from friends and family just to be able to get to Japan.

Serious questions should be asked and a complete overhaul of the funding model is needed.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Olympics thread on 06:15 - Jul 30 with 1040 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Olympics thread on 18:55 - Jul 27 by britferry

Biles seems to be in a bad way with mental health issues

Was she allowed to bring her Adderall into Japan?

Olympics thread on 11:42 - Jul 30 with 984 views73__73

I’m surprised swimming get much funding, as there is no diversity in swimming at all.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Olympics thread on 15:19 - Jul 30 with 934 viewscontroversial_jack

Olympics thread on 11:42 - Jul 30 by 73__73

I’m surprised swimming get much funding, as there is no diversity in swimming at all.

Public swimming pools are open to everyone and so are swimming clubs
Olympics thread on 15:37 - Jul 30 with 923 viewsonehunglow

Olympics thread on 06:15 - Jul 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Was she allowed to bring her Adderall into Japan?

Maybe realising she was not in good form and screwing up badly in her first vault now contitutes "mental health". This is a term that worries me as it is being overused and misused .

If someone fails,it is not necessarily down to mental health.

Right now, billions will have "mental health" issues worrying about various domestic matters or wrong decisions made.

Olympics thread on 16:50 - Jul 30 with 912 viewsMarinaJack

Olympics thread on 21:04 - Jul 28 by londonlisa2001

I'm surprised they had a curriculum at all in Cwrt Sart in fairness :)
Olympics thread on 17:12 - Jul 30 with 909 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Olympics thread on 15:37 - Jul 30 by onehunglow

Maybe realising she was not in good form and screwing up badly in her first vault now contitutes "mental health". This is a term that worries me as it is being overused and misused .

If someone fails,it is not necessarily down to mental health.

Right now, billions will have "mental health" issues worrying about various domestic matters or wrong decisions made.

Personally, I disregard the sporting records of any sportsperson who achieved their results whilst taking performance enhancing drugs, even if done so legally through the therapeutic use exemption system.

It's insulting and unfair to the other competitors who have to compete without the aid of performance enhancing drugs.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024