Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Breach of site guidelines 14:31 - Jul 24 with 6356 viewsKeithHaynes

To undermine the site when I first took over I was informed by a few folk that it was a hot bed of racism. So, over a few months numerous potentially racist posters and posts were removed. Most from before I got here. Now, we have complaints of the woke generation and people replying with racist slurs to fight leftism. That’s a hell of a swing ! One poster sadly today was banned for just that, and after eight years of unblemished service on this forum. I’m amazed, and reiterate again, any hate, racism, personal insults, use of specific language or threats meet with a ban. The focus financially on this site has been repeated time and time again, to raise money for what I believe is a good cause. In March 2022 we will supply details of what the amount is and the investment. If anyone breaches our site guidelines, be that politically or by any means then they are showing contempt for the aims of the site and for me, and I will take it personally, think about your actions. Please don’t post when drunk,angry or whatever you do ,and don’t undermine this site because you are a selfish moron with no respect for this site,its posters and the people who run it behind the scenes.

** I removed the thread by Lisa on her beliefs and response to my post purely because she turned it in to a planet swans v this site when it clearly wasn’t doing so, I will not have my friendships brought in to any discussion on this site just to prove a point. It’s pathetic. And if this topic starts another thread on Phil’s site it will more than likely last just as long. Now respect the fact we are running a decent and respected website and stop trying to derail friendships and dual website connections to support an agenda**

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Breach of site guidelines on 16:19 - Jul 24 with 3068 viewsFlashberryjack

The woke generation will find racism and reasons to be offended in anything, probably you've already offended them by using the "woke" word.

This is a good site, please don't let it be spoiled by those with ulterior motives.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Breach of site guidelines on 16:40 - Jul 24 with 3015 viewslondonlisa2001

Breach of site guidelines on 16:19 - Jul 24 by Flashberryjack

The woke generation will find racism and reasons to be offended in anything, probably you've already offended them by using the "woke" word.

This is a good site, please don't let it be spoiled by those with ulterior motives.

The opposite of racist isn’t woke flashberry.

The posts reported were racist. I am not ‘woke’ for reporting them.

Perhaps find out what was said and what happened before jumping to incorrect conclusions?

Now opening this thread by the way is bizarre,
Breach of site guidelines on 17:21 - Jul 24 with 2984 viewsonehunglow

I'll take a break from the game to say this.

Just wtf is going on here.

I have seen little in the way of racist slurs.

Plenty of personal jibes are made and are replied to ,which is as it should be.

Woke,BAME are jut terms of reference to me and I will not be pigeon holed by anyone,neither should anyone else.

So.BE YOURSELF PEOPLE AND RESPECT THE VIEWS OF OTHERS EVEN THOUGH YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT THEY POST.

It that simple.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Breach of site guidelines on 17:24 - Jul 24 with 2990 viewsKeithHaynes

Breach of site guidelines on 17:21 - Jul 24 by onehunglow

Woke,BAME are jut terms of reference to me and I will not be pigeon holed by anyone,neither should anyone else.

So.BE YOURSELF PEOPLE AND RESPECT THE VIEWS OF OTHERS EVEN THOUGH YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT THEY POST.

It that simple.

Not if friendships and agendas override the issue they won’t.

Breach of site guidelines on 17:25 - Jul 24 with 2975 viewsonehunglow

Breach of site guidelines on 17:24 - Jul 24 by KeithHaynes

Crap game innit

Breach of site guidelines on 18:00 - Jul 24 with 2913 viewslondonlisa2001

Breach of site guidelines on 17:24 - Jul 24 by KeithHaynes

I’m confused. Are you implying that anything I have done in reporting two posts containing overt racism today was driven by an agenda or friendship of some sort?

And why has the thread I created to respond to the points made (as this one was locked at the time) now removed? The last time I saw it there was no reason for its removal?

This seems completely bizarre.

Edited. I’ve just seen your ‘reason’ for removing my thread. Bollox Keith. Absolute Bollox. You were the one who in response to my post started saying that this site wasn’t as bad as others, complaints weren’t made on other boards etc etc etc. I responded saying that turning the discussion into a board vs Board matter was ridiculous. It’s whataboutery. And made a point of saying that I and many others post on both boards. I, as it happens, post more frequently on this I suspect. I also made a point of saying that this board was exactly the same when it was run by Phil and it’s sad that some people think posting bigotry is fine as they wouldn’t do it in real life.

Oh, and I didn’t bring your ‘friendships’ into any discussion. And I have no agenda. Other than to point out two posts today. As for the insinuation will start a thread about it in ‘Phil’s site’ that’s just complete unfounded nonsense.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 18:23]
Breach of site guidelines on 18:02 - Jul 24 with 2909 viewslondonlisa2001

Breach of site guidelines on 17:21 - Jul 24 by onehunglow

It that simple.

The racism referred to was removed earlier which is why you can’t see it now, it was overt. It being pointed out was not agenda driven, it was decency driven.
Breach of site guidelines on 18:04 - Jul 24 with 2915 viewsonehunglow

Breach of site guidelines on 18:00 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

I’m confused. Are you implying that anything I have done in reporting two posts containing overt racism today was driven by an agenda or friendship of some sort?

And why has the thread I created to respond to the points made (as this one was locked at the time) now removed? The last time I saw it there was no reason for its removal?

Edited. I’ve just seen your ‘reason’ for removing my thread. Bollox Keith. Absolute Bollox. You were the one who in response to my post started saying that this site wasn’t as bad as others, complaints weren’t made on other boards etc etc etc. I responded saying that turning the discussion into a board vs Board matter was ridiculous. It’s whataboutery. And made a point of saying that I and many others post on both boards. I, as it happens, post more frequently on this I suspect. I also made a point of saying that this board was exactly the same when it was run by Phil and it’s sad that some people think posting bigotry is fine as they wouldn’t do it in real life.

Oh, and I didn’t bring your ‘friendships’ into any discussion. And I have no agenda. Other than to point out two posts today. As for the insinuation will start a thread about it in ‘Phil’s site’ that’s just complete unfounded nonsense.

Lisa.
Here's a little advice although you won't take it from a vile weirdo like me.

Forget any poster posing and resist trying to patronise or belittle people. Don't assume anything of anyone and never underestimate anyone especially those who fawn all over you on football forums. Stay real.

Stick to football chat ;try rugby ,which reminds me ,second half just started.

Love

Rich

Login to get fewer ads

Breach of site guidelines on 18:32 - Jul 24 with 2888 viewsKeithHaynes

Breach of site guidelines on 18:00 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

And ... relax 👍

Breach of site guidelines on 18:40 - Jul 24 with 2873 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

You are doing a tremendous job, Keith.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Breach of site guidelines on 18:42 - Jul 24 with 2864 viewsonehunglow

Breach of site guidelines on 18:02 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

The racism referred to was removed earlier which is why you can’t see it now, it was overt. It being pointed out was not agenda driven, it was decency driven.

You are in danger of eating yourself.

Have a look in the mirror and be humble.

We ALL screw up sometime.

We ALL overreact

The art is to move on.

Ive told you before you are no smarter than anyone in essence so accept that .

Do not believe the forum fanworship you get. It is all disingenuous.We can all be back stabbers.Look at our club,its fanbae,its owners,its chairmen,its directors,its Trust.

You should have learned by now. I don't mind helping you find humility.

Breach of site guidelines on 18:50 - Jul 24 with 2832 viewslondonlisa2001

Breach of site guidelines on 18:42 - Jul 24 by onehunglow

You are in danger of eating yourself.

Have a look in the mirror and be humble.

We ALL screw up sometime.

We ALL overreact

The art is to move on.

Ive told you before you are no smarter than anyone in essence so accept that .

Do not believe the forum fanworship you get. It is all disingenuous.We can all be back stabbers.Look at our club,its fanbae,its owners,its chairmen,its directors,its Trust.

You should have learned by now. I don't mind helping you find humility.

Richard. The posts that were removed were overtly racist. The poster has been banned as a result.

There was no overreaction and at no point did I say I was smart or otherwise to point it out.

Now why don’t you stop involving yourself in something you didn’t even see? For once. Your vain attempts to ‘catch me out’ are quite genuinely pathetic,
Breach of site guidelines on 18:51 - Jul 24 with 2847 viewsonehunglow

Breach of site guidelines on 18:50 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

Richard. The posts that were removed were overtly racist. The poster has been banned as a result.

There was no overreaction and at no point did I say I was smart or otherwise to point it out.

Now why don’t you stop involving yourself in something you didn’t even see? For once. Your vain attempts to ‘catch me out’ are quite genuinely pathetic,

Lisa.
For once in your successive life,try to see matters as others see them.

Always here hun.

Rich

Breach of site guidelines on 20:28 - Jul 24 with 2778 viewsmonmouth

A man’s gotta know his limitations, Briggs,

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Breach of site guidelines on 22:17 - Jul 24 with 2688 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Breach of site guidelines on 20:28 - Jul 24 by monmouth

A man’s gotta know his limitations, Briggs,

And Briggs was a good man

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Breach of site guidelines on 22:20 - Jul 24 with 2673 viewsDr_Parnassus

Breach of site guidelines on 16:19 - Jul 24 by Flashberryjack

Absolutely.

I’ve been reading and contributing to these forums for 20 years maybe, give or take. I’m yet to see a single racist post. Granted I don’t read every post so may well have missed some. I’m sure this poster was guilty of it to be deserving of a ban and thats extremely disappointing.

However, I have seen dozens of people accuse others of racism without ever being able to show anything of the sort. And I have seen direct accusations of racism to specific posts where there clearly and obviously was not even a hint of racism present.

Sadly the media, social media and modern culture has incentivised race. The accusation of racism is done to belittle, end debates that aren’t going people’s way and indeed to smear. On these boards the accusation of racism in order to smear is far more prevalent than racism itself, by an immeasurable distance.

False accusations of racism should be treated exactly the same way as racist comments themselves. It has become some kind of a sick game of late.

This site remains one of the best football boards there is and it is sensible and non biased ownership that is largely part of that reason. Without doubt this forum has improved ten fold in the past year or two.

The key is to continuously weed out trouble makers and agitators. They often tend to reveal themselves pretty quickly as harbouring some sort of vendetta against either posters or the board itself. The rest will take care of itself.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 22:36]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Breach of site guidelines on 01:08 - Jul 25 with 2504 viewsItchySphincter

Right, here goes.

Keith rightly removed the posts that Lisa reported.

The rest of you rounding up on Lisa obviously did not see the posts, otherwise you would not be making these comments.

You are bumping your gums over something you obviously did not see otherwise you would be saying thank you to Lisa and Keith for attempting to safeguard the forum.

The conversation between Lisa and Keith is a different one and it's between them.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Breach of site guidelines on 01:46 - Jul 25 with 2494 viewsDr_Parnassus

Breach of site guidelines on 01:08 - Jul 25 by ItchySphincter

Right, here goes.

Keith rightly removed the posts that Lisa reported.

The rest of you rounding up on Lisa obviously did not see the posts, otherwise you would not be making these comments.

You are bumping your gums over something you obviously did not see otherwise you would be saying thank you to Lisa and Keith for attempting to safeguard the forum.

The conversation between Lisa and Keith is a different one and it's between them.

“The rest of you”?

Who are you suggesting is “rounding on Lisa” exactly?

I see the usual back and forth between OHL and her, nobody else seems to have mentioned her let alone rounded on her.

It’s this sort of accusation that has become rife on here. It’s just crazy what people are accusing others of when there is literally not a scrap of reality about it.

Do you have any specific quotes that you can point us to? The only way to combat this recent epidemic is to call for specific proof. The thread is half a page long, it shouldn’t be too difficult.

Breach of site guidelines on 02:09 - Jul 25 with 2471 viewsItchySphincter

Breach of site guidelines on 01:46 - Jul 25 by Dr_Parnassus

“The rest of you”?

Who are you suggesting is “rounding on Lisa” exactly?

I see the usual back and forth between OHL and her, nobody else seems to have mentioned her let alone rounded on her.

It’s this sort of accusation that has become rife on here. It’s just crazy what people are accusing others of when there is literally not a scrap of reality about it.

Do you have any specific quotes that you can point us to? The only way to combat this recent epidemic is to call for specific proof. The thread is half a page long, it shouldn’t be too difficult.

Okay, point taken, but this is the third and only existing thread on the topic. You'll have to take my word for it that Lisa's stance has courted more objection than the posts that started this. Of course you can argue that point too if you want, but it will be arguing for the sake of it. By the same token you can't say something isn't racist because you didn't see it.

If at any time yo want to address the actual issue that Lisa has raised I will offer to take it to PM with you, keep it off the board, and then you can come back here with an informed decision on where you stand.

Breach of site guidelines on 02:33 - Jul 25 with 2464 viewsDr_Parnassus

Breach of site guidelines on 02:09 - Jul 25 by ItchySphincter

Okay, point taken, but this is the third and only existing thread on the topic. You'll have to take my word for it that Lisa's stance has courted more objection than the posts that started this. Of course you can argue that point too if you want, but it will be arguing for the sake of it. By the same token you can't say something isn't racist because you didn't see it.

If at any time yo want to address the actual issue that Lisa has raised I will offer to take it to PM with you, keep it off the board, and then you can come back here with an informed decision on where you stand.

I can only assume you haven’t read what I posted properly. I have clearly stated where I stand on this issue with the following:-

“I’m sure this poster was guilty of it to be deserving of a ban and thats extremely disappointing.” That’s all I have said on the matter, so not entirely sure what you are reading.

My post had nothing to do with Lisa’s post, it was more a reiteration of Keith’s defence of this board and the unfair labels it is getting from a few quarters. This is because people are being accused of racism like some sort of sport. I was called a racist last week for criticising Marcus Rashfords penalty ffs.

It’s completely and utterly bizarre.

Breach of site guidelines on 03:00 - Jul 25 with 2442 viewsItchySphincter

Breach of site guidelines on 02:33 - Jul 25 by Dr_Parnassus

I can only assume you haven’t read what I posted properly. I have clearly stated where I stand on this issue with the following:-

“I’m sure this poster was guilty of it to be deserving of a ban and thats extremely disappointing.” That’s all I have said on the matter, so not entirely sure what you are reading.

My post had nothing to do with Lisa’s post, it was more a reiteration of Keith’s defence of this board and the unfair labels it is getting from a few quarters. This is because people are being accused of racism like some sort of sport. I was called a racist last week for criticising Marcus Rashfords penalty ffs.

It’s completely and utterly bizarre.

I'm sure people don't need telling it was a crap penalty, it's a statement of fact, I can't see why anyone would call that out as racist. To the issue at hand, Lisa did the right thing, Keith did the right thing. It seems to me that what is left to discuss is between them.

Breach of site guidelines on 03:07 - Jul 25 with 2442 viewsDr_Parnassus

Breach of site guidelines on 03:00 - Jul 25 by ItchySphincter

I'm sure people don't need telling it was a crap penalty, it's a statement of fact, I can't see why anyone would call that out as racist. To the issue at hand, Lisa did the right thing, Keith did the right thing. It seems to me that what is left to discuss is between them.

Agreed, although I think on a thread such as this where ‘how this forum is unfairly negatively viewed’ is brought up, it’s vital we pay attention to these false accusations that seem absolutely rife, far more common by an absolute country mile than any sort of racist comment is (of which I’m still yet to see in 20 years).

They are cowardly accusations and extremely damaging. Any utterance or hint of anything even remotely like that should be met with an instant lifetime ban unless they can show specifically the post they are talking about and explain themselves.

Of course I’m not referring to this situation, the poster was banned and trust the owners judgement implicitly as I’ve seen it first hand. I can only assume what he was accused of was accurate. No room for anything of that nature on this forum and it’s clearly not tolerated.

Breach of site guidelines on 09:27 - Jul 25 with 2252 viewsonehunglow

Jesus

Breach of site guidelines on 09:31 - Jul 25 with 2249 viewsmagicdaps10

Stop bickering and take the OP and it's message on board.

Its a simple informative post that needs no arguing about.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Breach of site guidelines on 09:34 - Jul 25 with 2243 viewsDr_Parnassus

Breach of site guidelines on 09:31 - Jul 25 by magicdaps10

Stop bickering and take the OP and it's message on board.

Its a simple informative post that needs no arguing about.

Who’s arguing?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024