Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woke. 01:11 - Jul 25 with 4212 viewsItchySphincter

The term seems to offend many.

I didn't choose it but if you label me woke I'll wear it with pride.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Woke. on 02:06 - Jul 25 with 2254 viewsTreforys_Jack

Strange post itch.
Woke. on 02:21 - Jul 25 with 2248 viewsItchySphincter

You could say that. It's a statement and doesn't necessarily require a response.

In my opinion being aware of exclusion and injustice is nothing to be ashamed of.

It's not a term I've ever used or applied to myself but if others want to I'm happy to nail my colours to that particular mast. Of course, the meaning could change over time due to misappropriation, but that would be a different matter.

Woke. on 08:31 - Jul 25 with 2191 viewsFireboy2

Woke. on 02:21 - Jul 25 by ItchySphincter

You could say that. It's a statement and doesn't necessarily require a response.

In my opinion being aware of exclusion and injustice is nothing to be ashamed of.

It's not a term I've ever used or applied to myself but if others want to I'm happy to nail my colours to that particular mast. Of course, the meaning could change over time due to misappropriation, but that would be a different matter.

Im with you itchy, alot of the people who label people woke obviously do not understand what woke actually means, I too am woke.
Woke. on 09:26 - Jul 25 with 2156 viewsDr_Parnassus

Woke. on 02:21 - Jul 25 by ItchySphincter

I think the point with the term is, everyone is aware when there are actual injustices.

The woke see them where there aren’t any, usually to satisfy some form of self gratifying need to fight any injustice, real or fabricated. Like calling someone’s lawn racist (yep that’s a real thing).

Many of the woke attempt to make victims out of people that often (and correctly) don’t see themselves as that, and are often seen as patronising. Many parrot statements without really understanding them and melt as soon as they are asked to explain.

On the rare occasion they do try and explain their memorised buzz sentences, instead of darting for the nearest exit in a panic, they tend to accidentally show extreme ignorance bordering on racism by patronising the hell out of the people they claim to be fighting on behalf of.

Prime example of the woke, it’s only 4 minutes long:-

[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 9:35]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Woke. on 09:32 - Jul 25 with 2146 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I think the term woke means you are easily offended by any views which do not conform to your own closed views. Wokes are afraid on any views different from theirs, are not open to free discussion or freedom of speech.

The BBC have gone woke two recent programmes had the following woke warnings on them may contain offensive language and images.

The two programmes were dads army and the good life.
Their woke crimes " dammed foriegners" and Margo wearing a Robertson jam apron while cooking.

Wokes are a more sensitive type than the old PC brigade.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Woke. on 09:35 - Jul 25 with 2139 viewsonehunglow

Woke. on 09:32 - Jul 25 by felixstowe_jack

I think the term woke means you are easily offended by any views which do not conform to your own closed views. Wokes are afraid on any views different from theirs, are not open to free discussion or freedom of speech.

The BBC have gone woke two recent programmes had the following woke warnings on them may contain offensive language and images.

Their woke crimes " dammed foriegners" and Margo wearing a Robertson jam apron while cooking.

Brave post.
You will get mullered.
Make no mistake ,hypocrisy is all around this thread.

It's all about labels and which one attache to oneself.

Pitiful.

NO LABELS

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Woke. on 09:41 - Jul 25 with 2132 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Woke. on 09:35 - Jul 25 by onehunglow

Brave post.
You will get mullered.
Make no mistake ,hypocrisy is all around this thread.

It's all about labels and which one attache to oneself.

Pitiful.

NO LABELS

I am sure the wokes will be offended which only goes to prove my point.

Woke. on 09:44 - Jul 25 with 2127 viewsDr_Parnassus

That made me laugh fair play.

It’s a faux sensitivity though, that’s the point. Usually born out of extreme ignorance or a burning desire for social virtue points from their peers. The type that would write into Points of View with Anne Robinson.

I have seen many shocking videos of white liberal woke folk, one was a group screaming at black people who were insisting that they aren’t oppressed in the slightest. They even started to get aggressive as the black guys were telling them how ridiculous they were being.

Just bizarre.

Login to get fewer ads

Woke. on 09:45 - Jul 25 with 2126 viewsItchySphincter

You can think what you want, but you’d be wrong.

Get a dictionary to go with that calculator I suggested you get a few days ago. Available on windows or Mac.

The meaning of words doesn’t change just because you want them too, same as numbers don’t lie. 😂

Woke. on 09:48 - Jul 25 with 2120 viewsDr_Parnassus

Woke. on 09:45 - Jul 25 by ItchySphincter

Get a dictionary to go with that calculator I suggested you get a few days ago. Available on windows or Mac.

The meaning of words doesn’t change just because you want them too, same as numbers don’t lie. 😂

Did you watch the example I gave you?

Those people are labelled “woke”.

Woke. on 09:50 - Jul 25 with 2117 viewsItchySphincter

Woke. on 09:44 - Jul 25 by Dr_Parnassus

That made me laugh fair play.

It’s a faux sensitivity though, that’s the point. Usually born out of extreme ignorance or a burning desire for social virtue points from their peers. The type that would write into Points of View with Anne Robinson.

I have seen many shocking videos of white liberal woke folk, one was a group screaming at black people who were insisting that they aren’t oppressed in the slightest. They even started to get aggressive as the black guys were telling them how ridiculous they were being.

Just bizarre.

I hear what you’re saying. You’re talking about silliness and virtue signalling. Not the definition of woke when I looked it up.

The trigger for my initial statement was that it was reported that another poster was going out of there way to provoke the woke, which is a bit silly if you take it’s meaning at face value.

Woke. on 09:53 - Jul 25 with 2114 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Woke. on 09:45 - Jul 25 by ItchySphincter

The meaning of words change all the time that is how a living language evolves.

Once upon a time the word pre meant before as in pre-war, pre-roman, pre-norman.
Now since our American cousin changed it's usage it means something else as in

Pre-booked ... to book
Pre- order ... to order
Pre- recorded interview... recored interview
Pre-owned ... second hand

Woke. on 09:54 - Jul 25 with 2114 viewsItchySphincter

Woke. on 09:48 - Jul 25 by Dr_Parnassus

Did you watch the example I gave you?

Those people are labelled “woke”.

No. I was too busy laughing at Felixstowe again. The woke are sensitive to injustice and prejudice, the likes of Felix are sensitive to people giving a f*ck about others.

Why can’t people just be considerate, and if you’re not why complain about people who are? It strikes me that most of the crying comes from those who are no ‘woke’.

Woke. on 09:54 - Jul 25 with 2112 viewsDr_Parnassus

Woke. on 09:50 - Jul 25 by ItchySphincter

I hear what you’re saying. You’re talking about silliness and virtue signalling. Not the definition of woke when I looked it up.

The trigger for my initial statement was that it was reported that another poster was going out of there way to provoke the woke, which is a bit silly if you take it’s meaning at face value.

Well woke in it’s true definition is just the description of most people in the world. Like me for example, I’m woke in the true sense of the word, but normal people like me aren’t called “woke”, we are just normal.

When someone is called “woke” however, then it’s usually a description of this type that I describe, it’s everywhere these days sadly.

I suppose it’s like the term w*nk*r, when it’s used in the situations you describe it’s not meant as it’s literal definition.

Give the video a watch, I’d be interested to hear your views on these kinds of people.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 9:57]

Woke. on 09:58 - Jul 25 with 2103 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Woke. on 09:54 - Jul 25 by ItchySphincter

No. I was too busy laughing at Felixstowe again. The woke are sensitive to injustice and prejudice, the likes of Felix are sensitive to people giving a f*ck about others.

Why can’t people just be considerate, and if you’re not why complain about people who are? It strikes me that most of the crying comes from those who are no ‘woke’.

Actually the Word "woke" is another word invented or had it's meaning changed by our American cousins .

The correct usage and meaning in English.

I woke up at 9am this morning .

So is it okay for the American to change a words meaning but wrong for the British to then change it again.

Woke. on 10:15 - Jul 25 with 2085 viewsItchySphincter

Woke. on 09:54 - Jul 25 by Dr_Parnassus

Well woke in it’s true definition is just the description of most people in the world. Like me for example, I’m woke in the true sense of the word, but normal people like me aren’t called “woke”, we are just normal.

When someone is called “woke” however, then it’s usually a description of this type that I describe, it’s everywhere these days sadly.

I suppose it’s like the term w*nk*r, when it’s used in the situations you describe it’s not meant as it’s literal definition.

Give the video a watch, I’d be interested to hear your views on these kinds of people.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 9:57]

Well exactly. By definition you are ‘woke’. I don’t use the term and I’ve never applied it to myself or anyone else before, but by definition I am. I’m also not ashamed or offended if people want to liberally throw it around as an insult.

I might watch your video later.

Woke. on 10:16 - Jul 25 with 2085 viewsKeithHaynes

Bless this house, now I still watch that.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Woke. on 10:20 - Jul 25 with 2078 viewsCountyJim

I'm deeply offended by this thread
Woke. on 10:21 - Jul 25 with 2077 viewsItchySphincter

Woke. on 09:58 - Jul 25 by felixstowe_jack

Actually the Word "woke" is another word invented or had it's meaning changed by our American cousins .

The correct usage and meaning in English.

I woke up at 9am this morning .

So is it okay for the American to change a words meaning but wrong for the British to then change it again.

It’s a silly example. Words can have many meanings depending on context. We are talking about one context therefor you cannot change the meaning of the word to fit your argument.

If you take ‘dog’ for example - you can’t decide that a dog is an animal that purrs and meows just because you want it too.

Woke. on 10:23 - Jul 25 with 2068 viewsDr_Parnassus

Woke. on 10:15 - Jul 25 by ItchySphincter

Well exactly. By definition you are ‘woke’. I don’t use the term and I’ve never applied it to myself or anyone else before, but by definition I am. I’m also not ashamed or offended if people want to liberally throw it around as an insult.

I might watch your video later.

Yeah I’m woke in the true sense of the definition, most people are. But I wouldn’t like to be labelled that.

Because it has a different meaning in the context of the way it is used, if it’s used to label someone then it usually means someone is acting in the way I describe.

Woke. on 10:25 - Jul 25 with 2067 viewsDr_Parnassus

Woke. on 10:21 - Jul 25 by ItchySphincter

It’s a silly example. Words can have many meanings depending on context. We are talking about one context therefor you cannot change the meaning of the word to fit your argument.

If you take ‘dog’ for example - you can’t decide that a dog is an animal that purrs and meows just because you want it too.

Well if you call someone a bitch, you don’t mean they are a female dog.

Words when used in a certain context, don’t mean their literal definitions.

Woke. on 10:32 - Jul 25 with 2057 viewsLohengrin

Woke. on 10:16 - Jul 25 by KeithHaynes

Bless this house, now I still watch that.

Fancied the young Sally Geeson, did you?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Woke. on 10:34 - Jul 25 with 2052 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Dogs should apologise to cats.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Woke. on 10:48 - Jul 25 with 2039 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Hardly a silly example just an example of different meanings of the same word

1. Woke the correct and original meaning as in
I woke up this morning

2. The American New meaning as in

I am woke I recognise social and racial injustice

3 The new UK meaning

Woke easily offered by anything.

Woke. on 11:03 - Jul 25 with 2018 viewsItchySphincter

Woke. on 10:25 - Jul 25 by Dr_Parnassus

Well if you call someone a bitch, you don’t mean they are a female dog.

Words when used in a certain context, don’t mean their literal definitions.

I agree, but if you take a particular word in context and stay in-context then you can’t change the definition for the sake of argument.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024