Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grimes 20:38 - Jul 25 with 15075 viewsGeoffThom

Off to Fulham
Grimes on 20:49 - Jul 25 with 5481 viewsnantywatcher

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9824021/Fulham-set-sign-Swans

Personally I would have valued him higher than (Harry Wilson£12mill?) so what will we get £5mill;?
Grimes on 20:49 - Jul 25 with 5474 viewsFlashberryjack

£100,000 up front, and an extra £1 million if they gain promotion, followed by a further 3 million if they win the champions league 3 years on the trot.

Sounds like a good deal to me.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Grimes on 20:50 - Jul 25 with 5468 viewsjasper_T

Grimes on 20:49 - Jul 25 by nantywatcher

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9824021/Fulham-set-sign-Swans

Personally I would have valued him higher than (Harry Wilson£12mill?) so what will we get £5mill;?

Liverpool badge costs a lot apparently. They've sold some right lemons for more than that in recent years.
Grimes on 20:57 - Jul 25 with 5412 viewsonehunglow

What's the excuses now for such a fire sale.
James,Rodon now this.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Grimes on 20:59 - Jul 25 with 5393 viewsjoshdon10

Grimes on 20:57 - Jul 25 by onehunglow

James,Rodon now this.

Simple… we are skint.
Grimes on 21:02 - Jul 25 with 5376 viewsCatullus

According to that, this is why Cooper finally decided to leave?

Grimes is consistent and will be a loss. It leaves Walsh, Fulton and Smith in midfield. Lets hope some of our youngsters can surprise us!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Grimes on 21:03 - Jul 25 with 5366 viewsFlashberryjack

James,Rodon now this.

Little wonder Cooper fecked off, no manager of any standing would want to pick up the poisoned chalice.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Grimes on 21:06 - Jul 25 with 5344 viewscymrojack

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Cooper was consulting for Fulham ATM

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

Login to get fewer ads

Grimes on 21:15 - Jul 25 with 5286 viewspencoedjack

Grimes on 21:06 - Jul 25 by cymrojack

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Cooper was consulting for Fulham ATM

What a ridiculous post
Grimes on 21:23 - Jul 25 with 5229 viewsAndyCole

Grimes on 21:03 - Jul 25 by Flashberryjack

Little wonder Cooper fecked off, no manager of any standing would want to pick up the poisoned chalice.

Innit.

Failing to retain one of our very best managers, and now our Captain and heartbeat.

Let's see if our fickle, entitled fans are now be 'entertained'.

The entertainment having lost our manager is a Horror Show.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Grimes on 21:30 - Jul 25 with 5181 viewsKGriz16

He's performed too well for nearly 3/4 seasons not to get a move, I just always thought it would be higher than Fulham. Oh well, we've lost better players. We'll go again!
Grimes on 21:33 - Jul 25 with 5154 viewscymrojack

Grimes on 21:15 - Jul 25 by pencoedjack

What a ridiculous post

Thank you Pencoed. You may well be right and I am clearly guessing rather than declaring a fact.

Though, it is possible that having impressed Fulham recently they have offered him a role. There has been plenty of talk of Tony Khan relinquishing his Director of football responsibilities.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 21:35]

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

Grimes on 21:37 - Jul 25 with 5130 viewsKGriz16

Grimes on 21:33 - Jul 25 by cymrojack

Thank you Pencoed. You may well be right and I am clearly guessing rather than declaring a fact.

Though, it is possible that having impressed Fulham recently they have offered him a role. There has been plenty of talk of Tony Khan relinquishing his Director of football responsibilities.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 21:35]

Steve Cooper - DoF. Dear Lord.

"Kick the ball into the channels more!"

"Stop making subs!"

"Dont rotate"
Grimes on 21:57 - Jul 25 with 5027 viewsdobjack2

James,Rodon now this.

Contract position
Grimes on 22:01 - Jul 25 with 4996 viewsbuilthjack

Undisclosed fee. !!!
£2.5m plus £1m if they get promoted.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Grimes on 22:02 - Jul 25 with 4991 viewsmagicdaps10

Let's relax a little here, we all had an incline that Grimes was going and with 12 months left of his contract, was hardly going to be what we could get for him with an extra year or so on his contract.

We will get a boss in soon and have a whole month for him to recruit what is needed.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Grimes on 23:23 - Jul 25 with 4786 viewsDr_Parnassus

Grimes on 21:02 - Jul 25 by Catullus

Grimes is consistent and will be a loss. It leaves Walsh, Fulton and Smith in midfield. Lets hope some of our youngsters can surprise us!

No, it said it was a contributing factor.

One of many reasons.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Grimes on 02:43 - Jul 26 with 4666 viewsItchySphincter

So for years I’ve stood pretty much alone on the value and quality that Matthew Grimes brings to our team.

Now people are upset that he’s leaving? Incoherent.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Grimes on 13:11 - Jul 26 with 4428 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Grimes on 21:23 - Jul 25 by AndyCole

Innit.

Failing to retain one of our very best managers, and now our Captain and heartbeat.

Let's see if our fickle, entitled fans are now be 'entertained'.

The entertainment having lost our manager is a Horror Show.

Heartbeat? At least we might get someone in willing to pass the ball forwards now …..

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Grimes on 13:12 - Jul 26 with 4423 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Grimes on 22:02 - Jul 25 by magicdaps10

Let's relax a little here, we all had an incline that Grimes was going and with 12 months left of his contract, was hardly going to be what we could get for him with an extra year or so on his contract.

We will get a boss in soon and have a whole month for him to recruit what is needed.

Inkling. Don’t let yourself “down”. #Sniggers

Grimes on 13:14 - Jul 26 with 4414 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Grimes on 22:01 - Jul 25 by builthjack

Undisclosed fee. !!!
£2.5m plus £1m if they get promoted.

Why undisclosed? Either we don’t want to let the world we’ve been ripped off or we’ve rinsed Fulham for 15 million and are only going to re invest 5 million .

Grimes on 14:14 - Jul 26 with 4339 viewsMrSwerve

Grimes on 02:43 - Jul 26 by ItchySphincter

So for years I’ve stood pretty much alone on the value and quality that Matthew Grimes brings to our team.

Now people are upset that he’s leaving? Incoherent.

He'll run up to the contract room at Craven Cottage, stop just short of the contract on the table, turn around, look side to side, throw the pen to someone outside of the room and then run back out.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Grimes on 15:18 - Jul 26 with 4281 viewsReslovenSwan1

Grimes on 21:02 - Jul 25 by Catullus

Grimes Ayew and Roberts played for Cooper as his best players. It was his job to get them in the frame of mind to sign a new deal at Swansea. Winter would come up with a package and sell these players the managers vision.

Ayew was always going to be a long shot (he said he wanted to play at the highest level possible. - that is Saudi Arabia apparently). One suspects perhaps £15k per week was never going to be enough.

Cooper left because he could not persuade Grimes and Roberts to stay on. Cooper left because he failed to sell them his vision. That does not surprise me at all. Never mind . Maybe they can use the money for Thomas Henry. He is also undervalued. The new man might have exciting targets.

The King is dead long live the King.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Grimes on 15:27 - Jul 26 with 4267 viewsvetchonian

Grimes on 15:18 - Jul 26 by ReslovenSwan1

Grimes Ayew and Roberts played for Cooper as his best players. It was his job to get them in the frame of mind to sign a new deal at Swansea. Winter would come up with a package and sell these players the managers vision.

Ayew was always going to be a long shot (he said he wanted to play at the highest level possible. - that is Saudi Arabia apparently). One suspects perhaps £15k per week was never going to be enough.

Cooper left because he could not persuade Grimes and Roberts to stay on. Cooper left because he failed to sell them his vision. That does not surprise me at all. Never mind . Maybe they can use the money for Thomas Henry. He is also undervalued. The new man might have exciting targets.

The King is dead long live the King.

YOu are obviously very close to the club to be privvy to such information....unless of course this is purely your opinion and specualtion!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Grimes on 15:32 - Jul 26 with 4248 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Grimes on 20:59 - Jul 25 by joshdon10

Simple… we are skint.

That is the very reason to get a decent price, not throw away cash.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024