Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was it really a shambles? 17:23 - Jul 26 with 2013 viewsNotLoyal

Got a decent bloke in, he bottled it, not SCFC fault. They did their side of the deal. I'm glad the fool isn't coming to us. Weak.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Was it really a shambles? on 17:26 - Jul 26 with 1716 viewsraynor94

Great post

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Was it really a shambles? on 17:30 - Jul 26 with 1702 viewsKeithHaynes

I’m sure Winter will have learned a lot from the past few days.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Was it really a shambles? on 17:33 - Jul 26 with 1681 viewsReslovenSwan1

I know where Swansea are placed in the scheme of things in the Championship. In world football the Swansea job is a magnificent "stepping stone club". Brendan, Martinez, Lange, Sousa, Potter. Al have used spells at Swansea to improve and learn.

Cooper should have improved his own game and brought in people to help him rather than let the pressures of the world get on top of him. If Cooper produced good attacking team with the likes of Benda, Garrick, Brandon Cooper and Cullen and the team finished close to top 10 his stock would have risen not fallen.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Was it really a shambles? on 17:33 - Jul 26 with 1679 viewspencoedjack

I said the same in another thread yesterday NL.

Happy to stay as a number 2 at a club that finished 12 points & 5 places below us last season.

Obviously not very confident in his own ability.
Was it really a shambles? on 17:34 - Jul 26 with 1675 viewsNotLoyal

I can't see what the club can do if a person changes their mind last minute. Nobody to blame for me.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Was it really a shambles? on 17:37 - Jul 26 with 1654 viewsDr_Winston

The default position is most is that the club is always to blame. Even when they're not. It's sorta the club's own fault for doing such a poor job of getting the fans on board in the first place, but the tedious presumption of guilt does drag.

Even when the rumours of Eustace changing his mind after agreeing a deal had barely got started the "experts" just knew it was because he wouldn't have any money to spend on players. Notwithstanding the fact that transfer business would have been a part of the discussions about him taking the job in the first place, discussions that he was clearly quite happy about to begin with.

We agreed a deal. The other party reneged. Not much else to it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Was it really a shambles? on 17:37 - Jul 26 with 1653 viewsChief

Was due diligence done on this guy then? Reports and articles on here suggest he has a history of citing personal reasons and contractual issues. Should we have put everything on hold hoping / waiting for a fortnight (plus an extra weekend) with any guarantees that he was joining.

Doesn't seem as clear cut as the OP makes out. Questions need to be asked.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Was it really a shambles? on 17:45 - Jul 26 with 1622 viewsKeithHaynes

Was it really a shambles? on 17:37 - Jul 26 by Chief

Was due diligence done on this guy then? Reports and articles on here suggest he has a history of citing personal reasons and contractual issues. Should we have put everything on hold hoping / waiting for a fortnight (plus an extra weekend) with any guarantees that he was joining.

As we’ve said before, we can only report on what we know and speculate on solid sourcing, I'm more inclined to go for his lack of courage to go it alone at a bigger club, and knowing if Warburton starts badly he gets a Managers job with more money in his comfort zone. Plus the speculation and all regards qpr making a last ditch contractual improvement. Although the latter is unconfirmed, the former are fact for me.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Was it really a shambles? on 17:46 - Jul 26 with 1614 viewsThornburyswan

Shambles not for me but a few learnings that should be taken :-

1. Assuming Winter knew 2 weeks earlier then he should have had Eustace nailed down if he was his first choice.
2. Poor fan communication from Winter & the club across the summer has led to fan frustration & too much speculation - not suggesting he or the club needs to comment on any/all media links but leaving the fans in the dark on everything leads to mis-trust.

PS if we do get one of Morris, Martin or Toshack sorted this week that’s a better outcome than Eustace for me.
Was it really a shambles? on 17:50 - Jul 26 with 1593 viewsChief

Was it really a shambles? on 17:45 - Jul 26 by KeithHaynes

As we’ve said before, we can only report on what we know and speculate on solid sourcing, I'm more inclined to go for his lack of courage to go it alone at a bigger club, and knowing if Warburton starts badly he gets a Managers job with more money in his comfort zone. Plus the speculation and all regards qpr making a last ditch contractual improvement. Although the latter is unconfirmed, the former are fact for me.

Yup I've based my opinion on such factors. If you don't tie someone down, changes of heart or other offers can become issues.

Was it really a shambles? on 17:53 - Jul 26 with 1584 viewsReslovenSwan1

You love your "Due diligence" and your "guarantees". Who says things were put on hold. Winter would have to be careful not to let other candidates know they are second choice.

Due diligence can only take you so far and nothing can be guaranteed.

I got concerned when it was reported he would stay on for a friendly. That made little sense. He said one thing to Winter and another to Warburton by the sounds of it. ultimately he has chosen a no 2 role in London over a No 1 role in Swansea. Being in London it appears was his main issue. Next stop Barnet or Gillingham?
[Post edited 26 Jul 2021 17:55]

Was it really a shambles? on 17:57 - Jul 26 with 1554 viewsReslovenSwan1

Was it really a shambles? on 17:37 - Jul 26 by Dr_Winston

The default position is most is that the club is always to blame. Even when they're not. It's sorta the club's own fault for doing such a poor job of getting the fans on board in the first place, but the tedious presumption of guilt does drag.

Even when the rumours of Eustace changing his mind after agreeing a deal had barely got started the "experts" just knew it was because he wouldn't have any money to spend on players. Notwithstanding the fact that transfer business would have been a part of the discussions about him taking the job in the first place, discussions that he was clearly quite happy about to begin with.

We agreed a deal. The other party reneged. Not much else to it.

A lovely post this one. Well done.

Was it really a shambles? on 18:08 - Jul 26 with 1514 viewsCatullus

Was it really a shambles? on 17:50 - Jul 26 by Chief

Yup I've based my opinion on such factors. If you don't tie someone down, changes of heart or other offers can become issues.

How do you tie him down though? Were we supposed to say sign the contract now or sod off? It doesn't and can't work like that.

Until he signed on the dotted line he was able to change his mind and walk away. If he asked for time to think we had to give it or risk scaring him off anyway.

It looks like he has a history for doing this. it may well be a near miss for us, we may just have been very lucky.

Now onwards and hopefully upwards.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Was it really a shambles? on 18:17 - Jul 26 with 1487 viewsangryjack

Maybe he asked if there was any money for in comings,and there was none..why tarnish his c.v by struggling and taking us down as that's only direction we heading
Was it really a shambles? on 18:39 - Jul 26 with 1419 viewsmajorraglan

Was it really a shambles? on 17:33 - Jul 26 by ReslovenSwan1

I know where Swansea are placed in the scheme of things in the Championship. In world football the Swansea job is a magnificent "stepping stone club". Brendan, Martinez, Lange, Sousa, Potter. Al have used spells at Swansea to improve and learn.

Cooper should have improved his own game and brought in people to help him rather than let the pressures of the world get on top of him. If Cooper produced good attacking team with the likes of Benda, Garrick, Brandon Cooper and Cullen and the team finished close to top 10 his stock would have risen not fallen.

The dynamic at the club has changed significantly since Martinez arrived.

It’s alright saying use youngsters, attacking football etc, close to top 10 finish, but the goals and objectives may have been promotion at any cost as opposed to fast flowing football. Coopers targets would have been set by the board and I for one can’t see the American owners settling on close to top 10, they'd want to be back in the big time so they could claw back some cash, as it stands now the value of their asset is dropping and is likely to go lower.

For what it’s worth, I think running the club on a sustainable basis is the way forward, it’s not likely to please many people who crave success at all costs, but at least it will ensure the long term viability of the club.
Was it really a shambles? on 18:43 - Jul 26 with 1413 viewsChief

Was it really a shambles? on 17:53 - Jul 26 by ReslovenSwan1

You love your "Due diligence" and your "guarantees". Who says things were put on hold. Winter would have to be careful not to let other candidates know they are second choice.

Due diligence can only take you so far and nothing can be guaranteed.

I got concerned when it was reported he would stay on for a friendly. That made little sense. He said one thing to Winter and another to Warburton by the sounds of it. ultimately he has chosen a no 2 role in London over a No 1 role in Swansea. Being in London it appears was his main issue. Next stop Barnet or Gillingham?
[Post edited 26 Jul 2021 17:55]

Yup who doesn't love those things. Winter should value them.

Well Winter did when he gave us the fortnight nugget&then reports of a 'smooth transition' and a 'super quick appointment'. This was in the pipeline for sometime.

This is why you take steps and put safeguards in place, to try to ensure fvvk ups like this.

I dunno whether Winter was too trusting, slow, indecisive or whatever, but he's at least partly responsible.

To apply your logic that you applied to Cooper, he's the Chief Executive who's remit is to appoint a manager. He's currently failing badly at that task - "the buck stops with him".

Was it really a shambles? on 18:45 - Jul 26 with 1405 viewsChief

Was it really a shambles? on 18:08 - Jul 26 by Catullus

How do you tie him down though? Were we supposed to say sign the contract now or sod off? It doesn't and can't work like that.

Until he signed on the dotted line he was able to change his mind and walk away. If he asked for time to think we had to give it or risk scaring him off anyway.

It looks like he has a history for doing this. it may well be a near miss for us, we may just have been very lucky.

Now onwards and hopefully upwards.

Yea or give him a deadline, by then move on or even get a read on the bloke to see if he's actually serious about it or not. Chief Executives are paid to do things like this.

Was it really a shambles? on 18:45 - Jul 26 with 1405 viewsraynor94

Was it really a shambles? on 18:17 - Jul 26 by angryjack

Maybe he asked if there was any money for in comings,and there was none..why tarnish his c.v by struggling and taking us down as that's only direction we heading

Ah, here we go, Mr bundle of fun has arrived on the scene, relegating us before a ball has been kicked.

The squad even with no additions is more than capable of holding its own.

More than confident when the new boss arrives and a couple of additions we are more than capable of having a tidy season

Was it really a shambles? on 19:00 - Jul 26 with 1358 viewsangryjack

Was it really a shambles? on 18:45 - Jul 26 by raynor94

Ah, here we go, Mr bundle of fun has arrived on the scene, relegating us before a ball has been kicked.

The squad even with no additions is more than capable of holding its own.

More than confident when the new boss arrives and a couple of additions we are more than capable of having a tidy season

There we are then if your happy with that just surviving every year then selling our best players every year then go again same old sh£t..we'll if your happy with that your nuts what is the point of being in a competition if you can't strive do better..and another thing I'm not relegating us before a ball kicked just can see we always sell sell sell.never any positivity coming from club..and guess what it's rubbing off mush
Was it really a shambles? on 19:11 - Jul 26 with 1321 viewspencoedjack

Was it really a shambles? on 19:00 - Jul 26 by angryjack

There we are then if your happy with that just surviving every year then selling our best players every year then go again same old sh£t..we'll if your happy with that your nuts what is the point of being in a competition if you can't strive do better..and another thing I'm not relegating us before a ball kicked just can see we always sell sell sell.never any positivity coming from club..and guess what it's rubbing off mush

Serious question do you think we should spend money we haven’t got?
Was it really a shambles? on 19:17 - Jul 26 with 1294 viewsBillyChong

Odd that he was actively trying for a manager post (us, Doncaster) then apparently pulled out on our offer
Was it really a shambles? on 19:18 - Jul 26 with 1290 viewsraynor94

Was it really a shambles? on 19:00 - Jul 26 by angryjack

Yet, you said the only way we are heading is down, sounds like relegating us before a ball is kicked

Was it really a shambles? on 19:29 - Jul 26 with 1249 viewsonehunglow

Was it really a shambles? on 19:18 - Jul 26 by raynor94

Yet, you said the only way we are heading is down, sounds like relegating us before a ball is kicked

Im pretty despondent myself but I am at the start of every season.

Nobody really aknow and we are all pyssing in the wind.

Gotta laugh at "family club". though.

Really.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Was it really a shambles? on 23:15 - Jul 26 with 1014 viewsguthrieintherain

He haa pi@@ed on his chips lots of clubs will be aware and will avoid like the plague in the future.

Done us a favour my opinion.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Was it really a shambles? on 01:05 - Jul 27 with 968 viewsItchySphincter

I thought it was interesting that Keith stated we’d ‘dodged a bullet’ in the last line of his Eustace article. The article was informative throughout but those last few words told me more than the whole of the rest of it. I’d like to hear more about it ………..

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024