Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe 12:44 - Jul 27 with 2345 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jul/27/hundreds-of-children-abused-whil

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 13:02 - Jul 27 with 1398 viewstrampie

Shocking.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 13:22 - Jul 27 with 1389 viewsCatullus

People on the council allowed, enabled and protected these abusers. They should all get sent to prison, all those still alive anyway, regardless of how old they are. Too many of them will have escaped justice.

Kids we were supposed to help and protect, it makes for hard reading.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 17:32 - Jul 27 with 1319 viewsProfessor

Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 13:22 - Jul 27 by Catullus

People on the council allowed, enabled and protected these abusers. They should all get sent to prison, all those still alive anyway, regardless of how old they are. Too many of them will have escaped justice.

Kids we were supposed to help and protect, it makes for hard reading.

Sadly I'm not surprised. This seems all to frequent across many institutions where children are involved. I lived in South London in the 1980s and Lambeth Council was notoriously shambolic, run by a particularly hard line 'right on' Labour group who make Corbyn look centrist. Not sure practical moves to safeguard were up on their list.
Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 17:41 - Jul 27 with 1315 viewsCatullus

Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 17:32 - Jul 27 by Professor

Sadly I'm not surprised. This seems all to frequent across many institutions where children are involved. I lived in South London in the 1980s and Lambeth Council was notoriously shambolic, run by a particularly hard line 'right on' Labour group who make Corbyn look centrist. Not sure practical moves to safeguard were up on their list.

They were probably more concerned with giving jobs to people who matched their political views?
Councils all over the Uk have failed in regards to childrens safety and wellbeing. maybe we need to take the job away from councils and have a national organisation, centrally funded, with a strong oversight committee that walk into any home at any time and check them out?

If we can't protect kids, even in homes for vulnerable kids, what kind of society are we?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 17:44 - Jul 27 with 1311 viewsonehunglow

Proof that scum councils can be Labour and zealots at that.

I fear for many inner city kids in that hell hole

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 18:02 - Jul 27 with 1300 viewsProfessor

Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 17:41 - Jul 27 by Catullus

They were probably more concerned with giving jobs to people who matched their political views?
Councils all over the Uk have failed in regards to childrens safety and wellbeing. maybe we need to take the job away from councils and have a national organisation, centrally funded, with a strong oversight committee that walk into any home at any time and check them out?

If we can't protect kids, even in homes for vulnerable kids, what kind of society are we?

I'm not making a political statement Cat, just saying Lambeth was a shambles. Councils all over and all political persuasions have failed kids. In Lambeth a problem was the nature of the Labour group-other Labour held South London Boroughs like Southwark and Lewisham were equally as poor areas, but ran services well but were more pragmatic and less driven by a specific dogma. Not unlike Liverpool City Council, though that was more militancy than specific rhetoric.

There should be oversight, but never seems to be. Just as there were failures in housing safety that led to Grenfell because corners are cut because politically there a consverative council wants to minimise spending. Lot to be said for independents at local levels.
Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 18:25 - Jul 27 with 1286 viewsProfessor

Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 18:02 - Jul 27 by Professor

I'm not making a political statement Cat, just saying Lambeth was a shambles. Councils all over and all political persuasions have failed kids. In Lambeth a problem was the nature of the Labour group-other Labour held South London Boroughs like Southwark and Lewisham were equally as poor areas, but ran services well but were more pragmatic and less driven by a specific dogma. Not unlike Liverpool City Council, though that was more militancy than specific rhetoric.

There should be oversight, but never seems to be. Just as there were failures in housing safety that led to Grenfell because corners are cut because politically there a consverative council wants to minimise spending. Lot to be said for independents at local levels.

I should add, that poor social services seemed to be a general feature of London regardless of the party in control at that time and well into the 2000s. Lack of intervention a common feature of high profile neglect and abuse.
Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 18:25 - Jul 27 with 1285 viewspikeypaul

The silence from the leftie scum is deafening,

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Login to get fewer ads

Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 18:29 - Jul 27 with 1283 viewsonehunglow

Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 18:25 - Jul 27 by pikeypaul

If this were a Conservative council,you can imagine the forum indignation.
They'd be queuing up.

Rotherham and Sheffield also not Tory councils.

Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 18:54 - Jul 27 with 1268 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 18:25 - Jul 27 by pikeypaul

Having taken a look the left wing press seem to be moving this down the agenda quite quickly. I'm getting fed up with obvious media bias both right and left. Thus issue needs to be covered properly.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 19:53 - Jul 27 with 1251 viewsonehunglow

Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 18:54 - Jul 27 by JACKMANANDBOY

Having taken a look the left wing press seem to be moving this down the agenda quite quickly. I'm getting fed up with obvious media bias both right and left. Thus issue needs to be covered properly.

That's pretty much correct .
Makes a change from Tory bashing though the Tories themselves seem too insouchiant to bash anyone and that is our problem.

Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 20:44 - Jul 27 with 1224 viewstrampie

These stories are all to common across the UK unfortunately.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 22:49 - Jul 27 with 1185 viewscontroversial_jack

Jimmy Saville was a conservative. Just saying!
Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 23:09 - Jul 27 with 1174 viewsAjack_Kerouac

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Livingstone

"One thing that Chairman Mao did was to end the appalling foot binding of women. That alone justifies the Mao Tse-Tung era".
- Ken Livingstone

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/news/mao-s-great-leap-for

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 23:18 - Jul 27 with 1172 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Lambeth, hotbed of the Left...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/nov/25/slavery-london

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 23:28 - Jul 27 with 1165 viewslondonlisa2001

Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 18:54 - Jul 27 by JACKMANANDBOY

With respect, this is not a left wing nor right wing issue.

This whole scale sickening abuse involves not only the council but also the police, doctors, notable members of the local community and there have been some allegations about others being involved higher up the political chain as well And it lasted from the 60s through the 70s to the 80s, so a lot of it is well before the period mentioned by the prof.

As with the recent cases in places like Rotherham and also the cases involving the church, both here and elsewhere, the one thread they have in common is not party politics, but is the powerful, of whatever political persuasion, treating the powerless, often the most powerless in society, children in care, as subhuman playthings for their perverted enjoyment. And when someone summons up the most incredible bravery to report it, they are repeatedly ignored and treated with utter contempt, whether that be other council officials or employees, or whether it be the police. Even the people who are not directly involved, are happy to turn a blind eye to their ‘peers’.

The whole thing is absolutely sickening.

The politics of Lambeth in the 80s undoubtedly played some part as they were so hell bent on playing games that they didn’t manage their affairs well, but scratch the surface a little and there are bigger things involved.
Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 23:33 - Jul 27 with 1165 viewsAjack_Kerouac

http://labour-uncut.co.uk/2014/02/20/was-the-loony-left-right/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Knight_(politician)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2020/04/01/ted-knight-council-leader-batt

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/south-london-memories-ted-knight-divisive-figure-

https://www.john-mcdonnell.net/news/2020/03/30/a-giant-of-our-movement/

Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 23:37 - Jul 27 with 1163 viewsAjack_Kerouac

There is no such thing as 'White Privilege', Lefty Privilege though undoubtedly exists all over the English speaking World.
They are never held to account, to acknowledge their responsibility for the consequences of their actions.

Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 23:42 - Jul 27 with 1152 viewslondonlisa2001

Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 23:33 - Jul 27 by Ajack_Kerouac

http://labour-uncut.co.uk/2014/02/20/was-the-loony-left-right/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Knight_(politician)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2020/04/01/ted-knight-council-leader-batt

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/south-london-memories-ted-knight-divisive-figure-

https://www.john-mcdonnell.net/news/2020/03/30/a-giant-of-our-movement/

What do these links have of relevance?

Both the prof and I have said about Lambeth council playing political games in the 80s (actually started with thatcher) which is why the council services were a disaster.

But party politics are not the real issue here. Surely the issue is yet another example of kids being abused by the powerful, and both the council and police failing to protect them? Perhaps blame those doing the abusing as your number one target? The pathetic lack of control and supervision that allowed them to get away with it was shocking and appalling, but there are all sorts involved in the actual crimes here.
Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 23:42 - Jul 27 with 1156 viewsmajorraglan

Terrible state of affairs. It’s likely quite a lot of these children would have been amongst the most vulnerable in society, some would have been quite challenging individuals but they should all have been treated decently and expected protection from abuse.

It’s pretty poor that there’s political point scoring going on too, Lambeth, Rochdale are Labour and failed in their duties, but there are also scandals involving the Liberals and Conservatives and I suspect we will hear a lot more going forward.
Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 23:50 - Jul 27 with 1146 viewslondonlisa2001

Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 23:42 - Jul 27 by majorraglan

Terrible state of affairs. It’s likely quite a lot of these children would have been amongst the most vulnerable in society, some would have been quite challenging individuals but they should all have been treated decently and expected protection from abuse.

It’s pretty poor that there’s political point scoring going on too, Lambeth, Rochdale are Labour and failed in their duties, but there are also scandals involving the Liberals and Conservatives and I suspect we will hear a lot more going forward.

Lambeth itself was a conservative council for some of the period covered by this and was also with no overall control for some of it as well.

This making it about ‘lefties’ is absolutely ridiculous, and shows that some on here will use anything to make some anti lefty point. Others do the same in making anti right points.

These are kids. I can’t imagine they much cared which party the leader of the council was when they were raped by a doctor or foster parent.
Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 23:56 - Jul 27 with 1137 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 23:42 - Jul 27 by londonlisa2001

What do these links have of relevance?

Both the prof and I have said about Lambeth council playing political games in the 80s (actually started with thatcher) which is why the council services were a disaster.

But party politics are not the real issue here. Surely the issue is yet another example of kids being abused by the powerful, and both the council and police failing to protect them? Perhaps blame those doing the abusing as your number one target? The pathetic lack of control and supervision that allowed them to get away with it was shocking and appalling, but there are all sorts involved in the actual crimes here.

I put the links up for the benefit of those who might be unaware of who was running Lambeth Council for decades (Labour) and the lurch to the far left in the 70s and 80s.
It helps to provide context.

On Leftie propaganda station Radio 4 today I heard presenters asking...genuinely baffled..."How could a council with such exemplary policies fail so spectacularly".
Idiots.
The policies obviously were not exemplary, hence the absolute shiit show there over decades.
The most corrupt place in the UK.

The real issue is no accountability and the focus on tearing this country apart instead of contributing to this country.
The people in charge of Lambeth did not do their jobs, willfully did not take their responsibility.
The people abusing these kids were mostly employees of the most Left wing council in the UK...they turned up to the interviews and said the right things, how they lived their lives were quite another thing.
The abusers were not all "powerful people", a lot of them were on the lowest rungs of Social Services...the people we are told need a pay rise every 5mins.

I hold the people who committed the crimes responsible and I also hold the people who created the corrupt, permissive, weak, immoral, culture responsible too...and the people responsible for that culture were of the Left.

Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 23:58 - Jul 27 with 1135 viewsLuther27

I agree. Unfortunately I have an awful feeling that in 40 years time your words will be repeated by someone else.
Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 00:06 - Jul 28 with 1119 viewslondonlisa2001

Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 23:56 - Jul 27 by Ajack_Kerouac

I put the links up for the benefit of those who might be unaware of who was running Lambeth Council for decades (Labour) and the lurch to the far left in the 70s and 80s.
It helps to provide context.

On Leftie propaganda station Radio 4 today I heard presenters asking...genuinely baffled..."How could a council with such exemplary policies fail so spectacularly".
Idiots.
The policies obviously were not exemplary, hence the absolute shiit show there over decades.
The most corrupt place in the UK.

The real issue is no accountability and the focus on tearing this country apart instead of contributing to this country.
The people in charge of Lambeth did not do their jobs, willfully did not take their responsibility.
The people abusing these kids were mostly employees of the most Left wing council in the UK...they turned up to the interviews and said the right things, how they lived their lives were quite another thing.
The abusers were not all "powerful people", a lot of them were on the lowest rungs of Social Services...the people we are told need a pay rise every 5mins.

I hold the people who committed the crimes responsible and I also hold the people who created the corrupt, permissive, weak, immoral, culture responsible too...and the people responsible for that culture were of the Left.

That’s simply factually incorrect.

The lefty bit was only a part of the period involved here. Lambeth was conservative in the late 60s / early 70s and also was not Labour controlled from 1982 to 1986.

As for the ‘employees were a bunch of lefties’ bit, that’s as ridiculous as I’ve ever heard. Of course the abusers were powerful people compared to the kids in care they were abusing. And there were, allegedly, very powerful people involved, which helped everyone else. And also meant blind eyes were turned in some circles.

Anyway, you carry on scoring political points with the lives of children. I’ll leave you to it. At some point, maybe the truth about all this will come out. I wouldn’t hold my breath though.
Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 00:11 - Jul 28 with 1119 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Lambeth Council - Difficult to Believe on 00:06 - Jul 28 by londonlisa2001

That’s simply factually incorrect.

The lefty bit was only a part of the period involved here. Lambeth was conservative in the late 60s / early 70s and also was not Labour controlled from 1982 to 1986.

As for the ‘employees were a bunch of lefties’ bit, that’s as ridiculous as I’ve ever heard. Of course the abusers were powerful people compared to the kids in care they were abusing. And there were, allegedly, very powerful people involved, which helped everyone else. And also meant blind eyes were turned in some circles.

Anyway, you carry on scoring political points with the lives of children. I’ll leave you to it. At some point, maybe the truth about all this will come out. I wouldn’t hold my breath though.

So in the last 60 years it was under labour for 50 years , conservatives for 6 and no control for 5.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024