Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin approach has been made 19:34 - Jul 27 with 9623 viewsKeithHaynes

Late this afternoon.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Russell Martin approach has been made on 19:50 - Jul 27 with 5039 viewsAndyCole

This is encouraging.

Far more Us than Morris, in so many ways.

MK Dons for many years through their academy, have a healthy appetite for proper football. Impressive young set-up, and it sounds as though RM bought into and enhanced that philosophy.

Bennett would be captain too. Augurs well for a clean, fresh go.

RM - has a certain nostalgic ring about it. And hopefully a massive watershed moment.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Russell Martin approach has been made on 19:54 - Jul 27 with 4991 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin approach has been made on 19:50 - Jul 27 by AndyCole

This is encouraging.

MK Dons for many years through their academy, have a healthy appetite for proper football. Impressive young set-up, and it sounds as though RM bought into and enhanced that philosophy.

RM - has a certain nostalgic ring about it. And hopefully a massive watershed moment.

Bennett caotain and Russ manager.
I'd have that.

I''ll pray for this

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Russell Martin approach has been made on 19:55 - Jul 27 with 4993 viewsChief

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-swansea-city-make-approach-for-mk-don

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Russell Martin approach has been made on 20:14 - Jul 27 with 4897 viewsbuilthjack

Is he Ken Dodds love child?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Russell Martin approach has been made on 20:19 - Jul 27 with 4854 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin approach has been made on 19:55 - Jul 27 by Chief

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-swansea-city-make-approach-for-mk-don

Can’t trust anyone these days 🤦🏻‍♂️

Russell Martin approach has been made on 20:24 - Jul 27 with 4810 viewsmonmouth

Russell Martin approach has been made on 19:50 - Jul 27 by AndyCole

This is encouraging.

Christ, we agree.

👍

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Russell Martin approach has been made on 20:37 - Jul 27 with 4710 viewsnantywatcher

Russell Martin approach has been made on 20:24 - Jul 27 by monmouth

Christ, we agree.

👍

Bennet!Club captain maybe, but match day captain - surely not.
Russell Martin approach has been made on 20:44 - Jul 27 with 4670 viewsFlashberryjack

It will depend on how much the fee involved is, Morris is free, so I'd think that gives him the edge.

I really don't know enough about both to comment too much, but I do know, whichever one actually gets the job, will have to be a miracle worker.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Russell Martin approach has been made on 00:00 - Jul 28 with 4222 viewsLuther27

Russell Martin approach has been made on 20:44 - Jul 27 by Flashberryjack

It will depend on how much the fee involved is, Morris is free, so I'd think that gives him the edge.

I really don't know enough about both to comment too much, but I do know, whichever one actually gets the job, will have to be a miracle worker.

It’s still an utter shambles.
Russell Martin approach has been made on 03:15 - Jul 28 with 4113 viewsPBJ

Russell Martin approach has been made on 20:44 - Jul 27 by Flashberryjack

The fee is rumoured to be £350.000

Always go with the Facts.

Russell Martin approach has been made on 06:01 - Jul 28 with 4048 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Russell Martin approach has been made on 20:37 - Jul 27 by nantywatcher

Bennet!Club captain maybe, but match day captain - surely not.

Why on earth not? He’s a senior professional, should be a regular starter.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Russell Martin approach has been made on 07:31 - Jul 28 with 3949 viewsPBJ

Russell Martin approach has been made on 20:19 - Jul 27 by KeithHaynes

Can’t trust anyone these days 🤦🏻‍♂️

Seems true that we contacted him

We should have a closer look

whether he saids GB by the end of the TH game
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 7:36]

Russell Martin approach has been made on 08:20 - Jul 28 with 3811 viewsjack247

Both Martin and Morris seem like decent choices, admittedly I hadn’t paid much attention to either before they were linked.

Makes me wonder what it was about Eustace that made us overlook them both. On the face of it, they both seem better options.
Russell Martin approach has been made on 08:24 - Jul 28 with 3789 viewspencoedjack

Russell Martin approach has been made on 08:20 - Jul 28 by jack247

Both Martin and Morris seem like decent choices, admittedly I hadn’t paid much attention to either before they were linked.

Makes me wonder what it was about Eustace that made us overlook them both. On the face of it, they both seem better options.

I agree.

Eustace seemed a strange choice.
Russell Martin approach has been made on 08:25 - Jul 28 with 3786 viewsWhiterockin

Russell Martin approach has been made on 08:20 - Jul 28 by jack247

In my opinion and I have nothing to base it on, Eustace could well have been the cheaper option with nothing to choose between the three quality wise.
Russell Martin approach has been made on 08:25 - Jul 28 with 3786 viewsPBJ

Russell Martin approach has been made on 08:24 - Jul 28 by pencoedjack

I agree.

Eustace seemed a strange choice.

As someone said we dodged a bullet.

Russell Martin approach has been made on 08:30 - Jul 28 with 3762 viewsjack247

Russell Martin approach has been made on 08:25 - Jul 28 by Whiterockin

In my opinion and I have nothing to base it on, Eustace could well have been the cheaper option with nothing to choose between the three quality wise.

Very likely he was cheaper. The other two are certainly higher profile. Ostensibly though, they both appear to be better options? Maybe you’re right, maybe I’m doing Eustace a disservice.
Russell Martin approach has been made on 08:33 - Jul 28 with 3742 viewsPBJ

Russell Martin approach has been made on 08:30 - Jul 28 by jack247

Very likely he was cheaper. The other two are certainly higher profile. Ostensibly though, they both appear to be better options? Maybe you’re right, maybe I’m doing Eustace a disservice.

Would be gutted if Grimes fee went into that.

Russell Martin approach has been made on 08:46 - Jul 28 with 3691 viewsWhiterockin

Russell Martin approach has been made on 08:33 - Jul 28 by PBJ

Any fee for Grimes would go into the general running of the club, this includes coaching. The running cost must be incredible when you consider wages, travel, maintenance ect it goes on and on. To expect the major part of any Grimes fee to go straight into a transfer budget is foolish.
Russell Martin approach has been made on 08:59 - Jul 28 with 3634 viewsjack247

Russell Martin approach has been made on 08:33 - Jul 28 by PBJ

I’m not sure I would to be honest. We still look weak in midfield and whoever comes in will need to strengthen. The right managerial team though, is worth his weight in gold.

MK Dons finished mid table, but it’s hard to put context on that without knowing their comparative budget and aspirations. Their fans seem to think he’s a messiah.
Russell Martin approach has been made on 09:13 - Jul 28 with 3585 viewsDr_Parnassus

I don’t claim to be an expert on MK Dons, haven’t watched them in years.

But from an outsider looking in 37.97% win ratio, losing just as many games as games won… they aren’t outstanding figures.

But it would depend on budgets heavily. It may be a case that he is working with one of the smallest budgets in the league in which case such figures are more than acceptable.

I’ll have to have a deeper dive into what he was working with in comparison to the rest of the league. Very young at 35, will he be up there with our youngest full time managers? Along with Garry Monk I’d have thought.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Russell Martin approach has been made on 09:29 - Jul 28 with 3518 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin approach has been made on 08:59 - Jul 28 by jack247

I’m not sure I would to be honest. We still look weak in midfield and whoever comes in will need to strengthen. The right managerial team though, is worth his weight in gold.

MK Dons finished mid table, but it’s hard to put context on that without knowing their comparative budget and aspirations. Their fans seem to think he’s a messiah.

Far lower budget than the swans. But Winkleman does pay his main staff well above average.

Russell Martin approach has been made on 09:37 - Jul 28 with 3457 viewsDr_Parnassus

Just had a look and nobody spends anything in that league. Last year the majority of clubs spent zero on transfer fees. They were one of them.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Russell Martin approach has been made on 09:43 - Jul 28 with 3441 viewsjack247

Russell Martin approach has been made on 09:29 - Jul 28 by KeithHaynes

Far lower budget than the swans. But Winkleman does pay his main staff well above average.

Sorry mate, I meant in comparison to the teams that finished above and around them. 13th place in isolation doesn’t really inspire, but I put a lot of stock in their fans opinions and he seems to be universally loved there.

If we’ve made an official approach, we know he’s at least open to the possibility. I just hope we don’t screw this up by offering derisory conditions.
Russell Martin approach has been made on 09:50 - Jul 28 with 3419 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin approach has been made on 09:43 - Jul 28 by jack247

Sorry mate, I meant in comparison to the teams that finished above and around them. 13th place in isolation doesn’t really inspire, but I put a lot of stock in their fans opinions and he seems to be universally loved there.

If we’ve made an official approach, we know he’s at least open to the possibility. I just hope we don’t screw this up by offering derisory conditions.

I’m thinking any approach has still just been very tentative.
They know we want him, but Winter isn’t moving quickly.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024