Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could the Trust run the club 09:40 - Jul 29 with 3877 viewsonehunglow

Seeing these current owners aint going anywhere,I raise the possiblity

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Could the Trust run the club on 09:52 - Jul 29 with 2282 viewsNotLoyal

Apparently they can't even run the trust!

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Could the Trust run the club on 10:01 - Jul 29 with 2263 viewsKeithHaynes

Could the Trust run the club on 09:52 - Jul 29 by NotLoyal

Apparently they can't even run the trust!

New blood there now, give them time.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Could the Trust run the club on 12:56 - Jul 29 with 2184 viewsReslovenSwan1

If you want Swansea to be Exeter city of Wales yes. Exeter had 3000 members a couple of years ago paying £25 each bring in £75,000 which was given to the club. It kept their noses above water. This is what the Guardian journo that has attached himself to Swansea wants it to be, rainbow laces and social inclusion being the main key performance indicator.

They sold Ampadu Watkins and Grimes for less than £5m. Worth about £45m today.

Personally I think the Trust system is something devised by thinking people for 'unsophisticated' people to run. Fans "investing" cannot make any profit. "Thicko fans cannot be trusted with their own money" might be the mentality.

Some might argue the only people to make profit out of the some Trusts are the ruling elite of bankers, lawyers and insurance companies. The member pay and take the risks and dividend if there are any, the lawyers take a big cut of the cash if their are successful. Just like that.

The lefties on here need to wake up and smell the coffee. Trusts are designed to stop the working fan making money from his own cash investment. The £5 I put in a bucket in 2002 was worth £500 by 2016. If I could have cashed it in I would have and gone to Majorca for a well deserved break. I want my £5 back.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 13:47]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Could the Trust run the club on 14:16 - Jul 29 with 2146 viewsBadlands

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Could the Trust run the club on 14:23 - Jul 29 with 2140 viewsonehunglow

I'm told the Trust is the guardian of the club. If that's the case then by Christ,they need to step in. They are schtum.Fans ,not privy to the Dias ,have no idea as to what is going on.
I'm told the club is "well run" by the Yanks ,which puzzles me as we seem to be
1.skint and
2.Seemingly prone to money going into a black hole

BUT

the auditors can't find anything amiss.

Any wonder why people are cynical and worried

Meanwhile,bin this ludicrous Court action and get united in getting shot of these owners.

Could the Trust run the club on 14:30 - Jul 29 with 2120 viewslondonlisa2001

Could the Trust run the club on 12:56 - Jul 29 by ReslovenSwan1

If you want Swansea to be Exeter city of Wales yes. Exeter had 3000 members a couple of years ago paying £25 each bring in £75,000 which was given to the club. It kept their noses above water. This is what the Guardian journo that has attached himself to Swansea wants it to be, rainbow laces and social inclusion being the main key performance indicator.

Personally I think the Trust system is something devised by thinking people for 'unsophisticated' people to run. Fans "investing" cannot make any profit. "Thicko fans cannot be trusted with their own money" might be the mentality.

Some might argue the only people to make profit out of the some Trusts are the ruling elite of bankers, lawyers and insurance companies. The member pay and take the risks and dividend if there are any, the lawyers take a big cut of the cash if their are successful. Just like that.

The lefties on here need to wake up and smell the coffee. Trusts are designed to stop the working fan making money from his own cash investment. The £5 I put in a bucket in 2002 was worth £500 by 2016. If I could have cashed it in I would have and gone to Majorca for a well deserved break. I want my £5 back.

Why couldn’t it be the Bayern Munich of Wales?

I’m sure you could have your £5 back by the way.

Where is your proof of investment? Pass it to Leigh Dineen who was leading the Trust at that time. Do you know how to get in touch with him? If not, I’m sure some on here do…
Could the Trust run the club on 14:32 - Jul 29 with 2129 viewsonehunglow

The Trust was there to protect the club.
Right now,it needs help.

Could the Trust run the club on 14:37 - Jul 29 with 2111 viewslondonlisa2001

Could the Trust run the club on 14:32 - Jul 29 by onehunglow

The Trust was there to protect the club.
Right now,it needs help.

What do you think the Trust can do that is not happening?
Login to get fewer ads

Could the Trust run the club on 14:47 - Jul 29 with 2093 viewslondonlisa2001

Could the Trust run the club on 10:01 - Jul 29 by KeithHaynes

New blood there now, give them time.

What did the old blood fail to do to run the Trust properly then in your opinion?
Could the Trust run the club on 16:36 - Jul 29 with 2011 viewsKeithHaynes

Could the Trust run the club on 14:47 - Jul 29 by londonlisa2001

What did the old blood fail to do to run the Trust properly then in your opinion?

Merely responding to a post, the trust have never interested me that much despite knowing numerous participants, and I still do. The fact we have a trust and it has people prepared to offer their time to protect it is good enough for me. What they have done in the past, will do in the future or have plans to do now really doesn’t bother me. They are there because of what was done many years ago.

But everyone deserves space when they start a new role. Hence my comment.

Could the Trust run the club on 16:41 - Jul 29 with 2004 viewsKeithHaynes

Could the Trust run the club on 14:30 - Jul 29 by londonlisa2001

Why couldn’t it be the Bayern Munich of Wales?

I’m sure you could have your £5 back by the way.

Where is your proof of investment? Pass it to Leigh Dineen who was leading the Trust at that time. Do you know how to get in touch with him? If not, I’m sure some on here do…

Yup. Always liked the bloke personally. A die hard swans fan and remains so today.

Could the Trust run the club on 17:19 - Jul 29 with 1937 viewsBillyChong

Could the Trust run the club on 12:56 - Jul 29 by ReslovenSwan1

Yeah but you’ve got to be a bit of a knob to want dividends on £5 chucked in the bucket when the club was on its arse. The purpose of the Swansea Supporters Trust was not to prevent the working man make money FFS.
Could the Trust run the club on 17:54 - Jul 29 with 1919 viewsvetchonian

IT is possible the Trust could run the club .....the question is does it have the financial backing to do so is another matte which is the crux of where we are now.....

Yes the owners have stabalised the ship, but thats just it we are just being kept afloat running at low steam...this is not what was sold to us...that new ownership/investment was needed to take us to the next level.....for most fans at the time that would have been interpreted as competing to finish in the top 6 in the PL...as we were still(just) a PL club at the time.....
Where do we find ourselves now?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Could the Trust run the club on 18:25 - Jul 29 with 1901 viewsReslovenSwan1

Its a nice concept to be the mini Bayern of South Wales but that depends on what Bayern depend on, huge German sponsorship and a lot of good will from the adoring fans. We do not have that in Wales. Football is attached to too much "bad stuff" over here.

Bayern signed a £1 billion deal with Addidas for 10 years and other huge deals with other German Giants like SAP, Opel Allianz etc.

If Opel could come to Swansea that would be nice . 'Jason' knows their top people and got them to sponsor the DC United Stadium.

Opel do not want to be associated with trouble and strife. Swansea fans need to tidy them selfs up a bit and keep the activists and morons under control and show some love.

Get Mindi over and start a "hug a Hedge funder" movement. They need some love like anyone else. I d love to have a pint with Jake Silverstein.

If I had a fantasy dinner date it would be me, Trunds, Mindi, Jake, Sioned and Huw and the head of Opel UK limited and his PR manager. Call me a soft sentimentalist but this is the way forward.

Here is the list of sponsors.

https://sportskhabri.com/bayern-munich-sponsors/

Could the Trust run the club on 19:17 - Jul 29 with 1846 viewsReslovenSwan1

Could the Trust run the club on 16:41 - Jul 29 by KeithHaynes

Yup. Always liked the bloke personally. A die hard swans fan and remains so today.

Yes bravo Keith. I was thought to be actually Leigh before I got banned on that wretched site SCFC2. Later it was suggested I was more likely actually his brother. I do not know either of them. In fact i did nor even know Leigh had a brother!. It shows how bizarre people think.

I do not know the word for projecting somebody as somebody else but it seems to occur quite often on forums.

Could the Trust run the club on 20:33 - Jul 29 with 1775 viewslondonlisa2001

Could the Trust run the club on 18:25 - Jul 29 by ReslovenSwan1

Its a nice concept to be the mini Bayern of South Wales but that depends on what Bayern depend on, huge German sponsorship and a lot of good will from the adoring fans. We do not have that in Wales. Football is attached to too much "bad stuff" over here.

Bayern signed a £1 billion deal with Addidas for 10 years and other huge deals with other German Giants like SAP, Opel Allianz etc.

If Opel could come to Swansea that would be nice . 'Jason' knows their top people and got them to sponsor the DC United Stadium.

Opel do not want to be associated with trouble and strife. Swansea fans need to tidy them selfs up a bit and keep the activists and morons under control and show some love.

Get Mindi over and start a "hug a Hedge funder" movement. They need some love like anyone else. I d love to have a pint with Jake Silverstein.

If I had a fantasy dinner date it would be me, Trunds, Mindi, Jake, Sioned and Huw and the head of Opel UK limited and his PR manager. Call me a soft sentimentalist but this is the way forward.

Here is the list of sponsors.

https://sportskhabri.com/bayern-munich-sponsors/

Obviously Bayern are huge. It was just a point that there are all sorts of sizes of fan owned clubs.

Opel is owned by Stellantis btw (which is Fiat and PSA joint venture).

Audi (who sponsor the DC United stadium) are owned by Volkswagen.

Completely different companies. As I’m sure ‘Jason’ would know if you asked him.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 20:35]
Could the Trust run the club on 20:35 - Jul 29 with 1769 viewslondonlisa2001

Could the Trust run the club on 16:41 - Jul 29 by KeithHaynes

Excellent. Ask him to send resloven his fiver would you so he shuts up about it. I would do but I haven’t seen him for ages.
Could the Trust run the club on 20:43 - Jul 29 with 1754 viewsKeithHaynes

Could the Trust run the club on 20:35 - Jul 29 by londonlisa2001

Excellent. Ask him to send resloven his fiver would you so he shuts up about it. I would do but I haven’t seen him for ages.

I think Res wants 500 quid 🤦🏻‍♂️
As an organisation as the MAGS were we put thousands in to funds during the Petty era, plus campaigning to educate the less ‘aware’ supporters about the owners, silver shield onwards until Petty left. All manner of meetings, organising, leaflets, travel, fund raising, the list is endless. I’m still working out what we are owed. Or maybe I can’t be bothered 😉

Could the Trust run the club on 20:52 - Jul 29 with 1746 viewsmajorraglan

Without having a reasonable knowledge of the club’s financial state I think it’s difficult to say. If the club is currently reliant on loans to “survive” then it could prove difficult, but if it’s operating on a sustainable basis I see no reason why it couldn’t be run by the Trust. There’s plenty of people with the knowledge needed to run the club and if needed they could appoint a CEO to run it on their behalf. Fan ownership is the model in Germany and was something being mooted following the European Super League debacle.

My gut feeling is that the Trust couldn’t afford to buy and run the club at the moment, but if they win their case and the Swans are in League 1 next season who knows!
Could the Trust run the club on 21:06 - Jul 29 with 1719 viewslondonlisa2001

Could the Trust run the club on 20:43 - Jul 29 by KeithHaynes

I think Res wants 500 quid 🤦🏻‍♂️
As an organisation as the MAGS were we put thousands in to funds during the Petty era, plus campaigning to educate the less ‘aware’ supporters about the owners, silver shield onwards until Petty left. All manner of meetings, organising, leaflets, travel, fund raising, the list is endless. I’m still working out what we are owed. Or maybe I can’t be bothered 😉

I know. I well remember. I think (may be remembering incorrectly because I’m old now) that the first time I met you was in a pub at a Luton away match when you were with Phil S and I was with Rich Lillicrap and Phil (warwick).

That’s why I was interested in what you thought the old guard at the Trust failed to do.
Could the Trust run the club on 21:13 - Jul 29 with 1712 viewslondonlisa2001

Could the Trust run the club on 20:52 - Jul 29 by majorraglan

Without having a reasonable knowledge of the club’s financial state I think it’s difficult to say. If the club is currently reliant on loans to “survive” then it could prove difficult, but if it’s operating on a sustainable basis I see no reason why it couldn’t be run by the Trust. There’s plenty of people with the knowledge needed to run the club and if needed they could appoint a CEO to run it on their behalf. Fan ownership is the model in Germany and was something being mooted following the European Super League debacle.

My gut feeling is that the Trust couldn’t afford to buy and run the club at the moment, but if they win their case and the Swans are in League 1 next season who knows!

I personally have never felt it binary.

I’ve always thought the ideal could be an arrangement between the Trust and other parties where the Trust can be a valued partner to owners, whether current or future, who can see the genuine commercial value in a fan owned model.

There are examples all over the place and also in other sports as well.

I can see a day coming where football in this country sets up like that, as in Germany (and Spain) as a protection. Being ahead of that curve would be a position of strength.
Could the Trust run the club on 21:17 - Jul 29 with 1712 viewsKeithHaynes

Could the Trust run the club on 21:06 - Jul 29 by londonlisa2001

I know. I well remember. I think (may be remembering incorrectly because I’m old now) that the first time I met you was in a pub at a Luton away match when you were with Phil S and I was with Rich Lillicrap and Phil (warwick).

That’s why I was interested in what you thought the old guard at the Trust failed to do.

Rich, bless him. Superb bloke.

I was even more dashing and interesting back then 🤮

Could the Trust run the club on 21:21 - Jul 29 with 1706 viewsCatullus

Well run but skint? On the premise that we are both those things, would people prefer it if we were badly run and bankrupt?

Would anybody prefer it if we had an owner who took on loads of debt but in the clubs name then b_gg_r_d off and left us deep in the shmelly shtuff?

Or maybe someone like Owen Oyston?

Being impartial, or at least trying to be, yes the trust could run the club, any one of us could. The important question is how good a job could they do? Personally I'd prefer it if the trust stayed where they are.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Could the Trust run the club on 21:30 - Jul 29 with 1696 viewspencoedjack

Could the Trust run the club on 16:36 - Jul 29 by KeithHaynes

Merely responding to a post, the trust have never interested me that much despite knowing numerous participants, and I still do. The fact we have a trust and it has people prepared to offer their time to protect it is good enough for me. What they have done in the past, will do in the future or have plans to do now really doesn’t bother me. They are there because of what was done many years ago.

But everyone deserves space when they start a new role. Hence my comment.

Got to agree with this.

Thornbury (as an example) seems a decent fella & a top poster but the new trust members seem to be taking over from a group of people who have talked about doing stuff but in reality they have done Jack shite.
Could the Trust run the club on 21:51 - Jul 29 with 1677 viewsReslovenSwan1

Could the Trust run the club on 20:33 - Jul 29 by londonlisa2001

Obviously Bayern are huge. It was just a point that there are all sorts of sizes of fan owned clubs.

Opel is owned by Stellantis btw (which is Fiat and PSA joint venture).

Audi (who sponsor the DC United stadium) are owned by Volkswagen.

Completely different companies. As I’m sure ‘Jason’ would know if you asked him.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 20:35]

Correct its a fair kop. I got my Opels and Audis mixed up. Not a 'motorhead' myself which is obvious.

Its Audi Jason Levien has good contacts with. I noticed in the enclosure i provided BMW wanted to join the Bayern party but were kept out by a new improved deal.

No UK government will allow compulsory fan ownership. It would kill the Premier league stone dead. The football Trusts will need to play the hand they have. The Swansea Trust has shown no real ability in investments other that the very successful football investment which is super high risk and very volatile.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024