Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Manager - an assessment 18:06 - Jul 29 with 2980 viewsBillyChong

Wilder - expensive, used to working with a decent budget, hot head, won’t be afraid to speak out - OUT.

Eustace - OUT.

Martin - still building his reputation, seems to view the job as a risk to his development, his team have their doubts without significant reassurance, compo - OUT.

Tate - cheap, no experience in the transfer market/budgets, no compo, however may be viewed as too vocal for the yanks - POSSIBLE

Toshack - cheap, but a previous critic of the yanks - OUT

Terry - will want a more comfortable first managerial role - OUT

Morris - cheaper than an established manager, never worked in the transfer market/big budgets, good contacts with youngsters/second chancers/loanees, not known for being disruptive, no compo - BEST FIT

Key criteria - cheap to employ, no compo, no history of working with big budgets, links to youngsters/loanees/second chancers, a yes man. Otherwise a manager who’s been out of work for while desperate for a last shot.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 18:11]
Next Manager - an assessment on 18:23 - Jul 29 with 2905 viewsraynor94

Who would you like see down here, and the reason why?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Next Manager - an assessment on 18:59 - Jul 29 with 2800 viewsBillyChong

Next Manager - an assessment on 18:23 - Jul 29 by raynor94

Antonio Conte. But being realistic, Morris ticks the most boxes so far. Finding someone who’s happy to work at the circus is looking like the biggest challenge.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 19:02]
Next Manager - an assessment on 19:23 - Jul 29 with 2715 viewsReslovenSwan1

Next Manager - an assessment on 18:59 - Jul 29 by BillyChong

Antonio Conte. But being realistic, Morris ticks the most boxes so far. Finding someone who’s happy to work at the circus is looking like the biggest challenge.

The equation is a bit suspect with dubious parameters.

However by accident and coincidence you seem to come up with the correct answer. Bravo.

You must have good intuition. I come up with the same answer using something called the "Resolven Matrix". It also came up with Jody Morris after 4,000,000 iterations. My laptop was a little warm around 3pm this afternoon, I must change it.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Next Manager - an assessment on 19:51 - Jul 29 with 2634 viewsCatullus

Next Manager - an assessment on 19:23 - Jul 29 by ReslovenSwan1

However by accident and coincidence you seem to come up with the correct answer. Bravo.

You must have good intuition. I come up with the same answer using something called the "Resolven Matrix". It also came up with Jody Morris after 4,000,000 iterations. My laptop was a little warm around 3pm this afternoon, I must change it.

Well he cam up with what you think is the right answer anyway. Morris, I don't know enough to say he's the right person but at least he seem to have a record of possession based, attacking football.

Calling the club a circus? We're all entitled to our opinions of course but isn't every club a bit of a circus at times? Maybe fairground would be a better term, the managerial merry go round is often mentioned.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Next Manager - an assessment on 19:54 - Jul 29 with 2627 viewsAnotherJohn

Next Manager - an assessment on 19:23 - Jul 29 by ReslovenSwan1

Monte Carlo simulation? It would certainly be a gamble!
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 19:55]
Next Manager - an assessment on 19:57 - Jul 29 with 2596 viewsThornburyswan

Sky clearly agree with you at least for the moment.
Next Manager - an assessment on 20:03 - Jul 29 with 2568 viewsOldjack

this is where we're heading ,Morriston job center ,apply within

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Next Manager - an assessment on 20:15 - Jul 29 with 2503 viewsPBJ

A bitter laugh that you didn't mention his name

Derek McInnes

Always go with the Facts.

Login to get fewer ads

Next Manager - an assessment on 20:36 - Jul 29 with 2437 viewsraynor94

Next Manager - an assessment on 18:59 - Jul 29 by BillyChong

Morris is looking to be the best option

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Next Manager - an assessment on 21:24 - Jul 29 with 2330 viewsFlashberryjack

Anyone with a good knowledge of the circus industry, at least they'd be used to working with clowns.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Next Manager - an assessment on 22:18 - Jul 29 with 2252 viewsFireboy2

Next Manager - an assessment on 21:24 - Jul 29 by Flashberryjack

Anyone with a good knowledge of the circus industry, at least they'd be used to working with clowns.

😂😂😂😂👏👏👏👏
Next Manager - an assessment on 11:30 - Jul 30 with 2012 viewsCatullus

Next Manager - an assessment on 21:24 - Jul 29 by Flashberryjack

Well we had Chico playing for us, maybe now we'll get Groucho managing with Harpo and Zeppo coaching, then we'd be "At the Circus" and there'd be some "Monkey Business"

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Next Manager - an assessment on 11:49 - Jul 30 with 1971 viewsGVJack

Arry Redknapp
Woy Hodgson
Whats Ian Holloway up to these days?

In all honesty, we've list the opportunity for a manager to come in and stamp his authority/style of play in pre season in readiness for the competitive games. As well as lost ground in the transfer market.

This may be a time to invest in one of our own and give Tate a shot and bring someone in with more experience later on in the season if we're struggling.

Wouldn't be opposed to giving Ash Williams an opportunity either if he fancied it.

I hope we have enough to stay up and avoid a relegation battle but the way thispre-season has panned out its the best I can hope for.
Next Manager - an assessment on 12:48 - Jul 30 with 1906 viewsvetchonian

Next Manager - an assessment on 11:49 - Jul 30 by GVJack

Arry Redknapp
Woy Hodgson
Whats Ian Holloway up to these days?

In all honesty, we've list the opportunity for a manager to come in and stamp his authority/style of play in pre season in readiness for the competitive games. As well as lost ground in the transfer market.

This may be a time to invest in one of our own and give Tate a shot and bring someone in with more experience later on in the season if we're struggling.

Wouldn't be opposed to giving Ash Williams an opportunity either if he fancied it.

I hope we have enough to stay up and avoid a relegation battle but the way thispre-season has panned out its the best I can hope for.

The last time we tried promoting from within it resulted in the loss of our so called playing identity so I fail to understand why we think giving the job to someone from the Martinez,Rodgers eras would be a success.

Sadly I think we will be left with Tate as it seems the role here is seen as a poison chalice to many...which makes you wonder what are the issues

The owners will have promotion as a target as that is their means to getting monies and maybe selling us on...the issue is without sqaud reinfircement that will be a tricky task for any manager especially if Grimes leaves, followed by possibly Cabango come January if he continues to shine

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Next Manager - an assessment on 13:28 - Jul 30 with 1865 viewsItchySphincter

Next Manager - an assessment on 20:03 - Jul 29 by Oldjack

this is where we're heading ,Morriston job center ,apply within

Gustavo Poyet.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Next Manager - an assessment on 14:37 - Jul 30 with 1763 viewsBadlands

Next Manager - an assessment on 12:48 - Jul 30 by vetchonian

The last time we tried promoting from within it resulted in the loss of our so called playing identity so I fail to understand why we think giving the job to someone from the Martinez,Rodgers eras would be a success.

Sadly I think we will be left with Tate as it seems the role here is seen as a poison chalice to many...which makes you wonder what are the issues

The owners will have promotion as a target as that is their means to getting monies and maybe selling us on...the issue is without sqaud reinfircement that will be a tricky task for any manager especially if Grimes leaves, followed by possibly Cabango come January if he continues to shine

Issues include
Paying the same as other clubs … doable but as with players more is expected to entice people out o Swansea.
Young managers who would fit the bill tend to have young families. Choice is to leave them behind for much of the year or move to a new culture for what could be only a few months.
Proximity to other clubs when the sack is imminent.
Perception that Swansea is a little mining village somewhere in Wales. Don't think that because we were in the PL close foreigners know anything about the city or region.
Poor transport links.
And that's before anyone sits down and looks at the brief.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Next Manager - an assessment on 14:54 - Jul 30 with 1740 viewsvetchonian

Next Manager - an assessment on 14:37 - Jul 30 by Badlands

Issues include
Paying the same as other clubs … doable but as with players more is expected to entice people out o Swansea.
Young managers who would fit the bill tend to have young families. Choice is to leave them behind for much of the year or move to a new culture for what could be only a few months.
Proximity to other clubs when the sack is imminent.
Perception that Swansea is a little mining village somewhere in Wales. Don't think that because we were in the PL close foreigners know anything about the city or region.
Poor transport links.
And that's before anyone sits down and looks at the brief.

Yet we managed to get the likes of Laudrup and Sousa here and a certain Koeman applied too only to be turned down....

My point was why do people think an ex player from the Martinez/ROdgers era will do the right job given the last one we promoted into the managers role ie Monk took us away from their philosophy

For me this is where HJ really failed we should have been developing players through the acadamy to continue with the "Swanseaola " style I have said on numerous occasions we failed to develop a Leon whose role was key to our success. We should have also been developing coaches who would progress with the players as we lost our managers so that we had a conveyor belt....just like Liverpool did in the 70s/80s.

When Roberto left HJ made great noises about Curtis and Pascoe being part of any new coaching set up to ensure continuity should another manager get poached...when Rodgers left he took Pascoe with him. Curtis remained to work alongside Laudrup..only to be ditched once Monk was made permanent...no back bone HJ...so despite the continual lauding coming from that Neath valley Jack HJ whilst being hailed as the architect of our success was as much the architect of our down fall.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Next Manager - an assessment on 16:33 - Jul 30 with 1688 viewsGVJack

Next Manager - an assessment on 14:54 - Jul 30 by vetchonian

Yet we managed to get the likes of Laudrup and Sousa here and a certain Koeman applied too only to be turned down....

My point was why do people think an ex player from the Martinez/ROdgers era will do the right job given the last one we promoted into the managers role ie Monk took us away from their philosophy

For me this is where HJ really failed we should have been developing players through the acadamy to continue with the "Swanseaola " style I have said on numerous occasions we failed to develop a Leon whose role was key to our success. We should have also been developing coaches who would progress with the players as we lost our managers so that we had a conveyor belt....just like Liverpool did in the 70s/80s.

When Roberto left HJ made great noises about Curtis and Pascoe being part of any new coaching set up to ensure continuity should another manager get poached...when Rodgers left he took Pascoe with him. Curtis remained to work alongside Laudrup..only to be ditched once Monk was made permanent...no back bone HJ...so despite the continual lauding coming from that Neath valley Jack HJ whilst being hailed as the architect of our success was as much the architect of our down fall.

I want the absolute best manager we can get - but fact is it appear that we're not really an attractive model for aspiring young managers to want to be a part of.

My point was that we've now found ourselves a week away from the season kick off and haven't got anyone in at the helm, if there isn't someone Winter or the yanks can attract with their financial model then I wouldn't be surprised/overly disappointed if Tate / someone similar took on the role. He's free, he's swansea through and through, he's had experience of working under and with numerous managers over the years and hopefully will have accumulated some knowledge / experience by doing so.

I don't think there are any fans on here who genuinely think we are Promotion/play off contestents again this year given the personell we've lost/brought in (so far).

Therefore, this may be a chance for an unproven manager to come through and steady the ship and maybe just surprise us a little. Just because Monk didn't work out as we all originally hoped doesn't mean all should be tarnished with the same brush.

Feels like I'm lacking ambition.... but that's more to do with the yanks model than my aspirations.
Next Manager - an assessment on 16:47 - Jul 30 with 1666 viewsMarinaJack

tate :) dear me that would be a disaster

give it to morris or wilder
Next Manager - an assessment on 16:48 - Jul 30 with 1664 viewsGVJack

Next Manager - an assessment on 16:47 - Jul 30 by MarinaJack

tate :) dear me that would be a disaster

give it to morris or wilder

If Wilder or Morris want it....
Next Manager - an assessment on 16:51 - Jul 30 with 1659 viewsGVJack

Next Manager - an assessment on 16:48 - Jul 30 by GVJack

If Wilder or Morris want it....

Out of curiosity though... why do you feel Tate would be a disaster?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024