Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job 14:00 - Jul 30 with 4095 viewsSwansIndependent

Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job 30th Jul 2021 13:55
It’s obviously becoming a bit of a joke for some people, that is Swansea City’s quest for a replacement for Steve Cooper this summer. With a week to run to the first league fixture Swansea City are still to appoint anyone remotely capable of filling his shoes. 1

This post has been edited by an administrator
Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 14:19 - Jul 30 with 2974 viewsDr_Winston

So many people desperate to believe that he did.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 14:24 - Jul 30 with 2950 viewsItchySphincter

I alluded to something similar yesterday with regard to the language being used, all guesswork of course. Still don’t get the ultimate feeling that Martin is our man though.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 14:31 - Jul 30 with 2891 viewsThornburyswan

Interesting that Sky are shortening the odds on both Morris & Martin with everyone else drifting strongly, seems they get their stuff from here!
Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 14:36 - Jul 30 with 2844 viewsvetchonian

This may be true but also there is no one beating at our door take the job on either....it seems Martin has reservations about jumping ship to come here

Whatever the facts and actual truth about approaches the main fact is we are still 7 days away from the seasons kick off and still have no manager yet the club have had at least a month to make some progress on this

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 14:36 - Jul 30 with 2841 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 14:31 - Jul 30 by Thornburyswan

Interesting that Sky are shortening the odds on both Morris & Martin with everyone else drifting strongly, seems they get their stuff from here!

Dicky Davies at Sky is a good allie. Make no secret about that, have been working with him on many levels for years. Not saying they do look on here or anywhere else, but they would be pretty daft not to.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 14:40 - Jul 30 with 2814 viewsKGriz16

Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 14:36 - Jul 30 by vetchonian

This may be true but also there is no one beating at our door take the job on either....it seems Martin has reservations about jumping ship to come here

Whatever the facts and actual truth about approaches the main fact is we are still 7 days away from the seasons kick off and still have no manager yet the club have had at least a month to make some progress on this

They should be beating down the door. Most of our former managers have gone onto bigger and better things. That, of course, is providing they work hard and know their beans.
Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 15:10 - Jul 30 with 2680 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 14:36 - Jul 30 by KeithHaynes

Dicky Davies at Sky is a good allie. Make no secret about that, have been working with him on many levels for years. Not saying they do look on here or anywhere else, but they would be pretty daft not to.

They don’t, the market would be an absolute irrelevance to them. Turnover would be minuscule for a Championship managerial market and would come with tiny limits.

Their moves will be a mixture of reacting to news (Terry’s sudden departure) and news the trading room may come across in passing, if it’s closely linked to the media arm.

But it doesn’t appear we are anywhere near the stage of anyone knowing what on earth is going on in order for them to be reacting to any marked clients who are trying to profit off information.

I don’t even think those within the club know where the direction is, or at least that’s how it appears. Eggs in one basket springs to mind.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 15:22 - Jul 30 with 2610 viewsThornburyswan

Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 14:36 - Jul 30 by KeithHaynes

Eustace dropped to 20/1 but possibly more interestingly Morris & Martin almost joint favourites now, 11/8 & 6/4 respectfully.
Login to get fewer ads

Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 16:10 - Jul 30 with 2412 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 15:22 - Jul 30 by Thornburyswan

Eustace dropped to 20/1 but possibly more interestingly Morris & Martin almost joint favourites now, 11/8 & 6/4 respectfully.

It’s priced that way simply to stop you backing both and gaining a profit, as currently those two are the only likely candidates they believe have a realistic chance.

They won’t accurately reflect the actual probability of either getting the role.

Just general bookmaking.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2021 16:11]

Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 16:15 - Jul 30 with 2387 viewsMoscowJack

He's not interested. Full stop. I was standing with his mate yesterday as they discussed it. RM said he's not interested. I didn't ask if he'd officially been contacted, or not, because it wasn't the most important thing.

It's a pity as he'd be a decent manager for us, in my opinion......

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 16:45 - Jul 30 with 2261 viewsMarinaJack

Martin looks a bang average appointment anyhow, give it to jody morris
Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 16:57 - Jul 30 with 2196 viewslondonlisa2001

Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 16:15 - Jul 30 by MoscowJack

He's not interested. Full stop. I was standing with his mate yesterday as they discussed it. RM said he's not interested. I didn't ask if he'd officially been contacted, or not, because it wasn't the most important thing.

Not interested because he’s committed there Nick or not interested because it’s us?

I would think he’d be decent from what little I’ve read but that’s all it is. I have spent zero time watching MK Dons. I have no idea how everyone always sees so much of all these teams to judge really particularly given they’re hardly ever on TV in the first place. How people know the playing style of anyone is beyond me. Going by tv reports only, people would assume our playing style was very different to what many on here think who watch us week in week out.

It’s quite unbelievable in many ways how this is turning out given it was supposedly all sorted two weeks ago or more.
Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 16:58 - Jul 30 with 2193 viewsThornburyswan

Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 16:15 - Jul 30 by MoscowJack

I’m ok with that, for me the critical piece is someone who is really up for it - whether that’s because they ‘buy into the project’ or see it as a way to prove to bigger clubs they are the man - not interested in any ‘half-hearted Harry’s’
Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 17:02 - Jul 30 with 2172 viewsmax936

Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 16:45 - Jul 30 by MarinaJack

Martin looks a bang average appointment anyhow, give it to jody morris

If what Moscow Jack says is right, why would Morris come here knowing he was 2nd or 3rd choice?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 17:08 - Jul 30 with 2140 viewsTreforys_Jack

Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 17:02 - Jul 30 by max936

If what Moscow Jack says is right, why would Morris come here knowing he was 2nd or 3rd choice?

Same reason BR did, despite being 7th or 8th choice.
Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 17:09 - Jul 30 with 2138 viewsnantywatcher

Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 17:02 - Jul 30 by max936

Even bigger incentive to prove people wrong.
Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 17:09 - Jul 30 with 2136 viewslondonlisa2001

Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 17:08 - Jul 30 by Treforys_Jack

Same reason BR did, despite being 7th or 8th choice.

BR was about 15th choice from memory.
Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 17:27 - Jul 30 with 2033 viewsmax936

Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 17:09 - Jul 30 by nantywatcher

Even bigger incentive to prove people wrong.

Good point.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 02:02 - Jul 31 with 1592 viewsDr_Parnassus

This whole why would someone do that job when they are “x choice” is something I find bizarre and only seemed to surface since the Cooper saga.

It’s not a marriage, it’s a job.

If clubs were only able to appoint their first choice. Only about a third of clubs would have managers. With the rest of the vacancies remaining empty as the rest of the management pool decides they are too proud to speak to any of them after they weren’t first choice.

Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 02:04 - Jul 31 with 1591 viewsDr_Parnassus

But this is concerning, especially after all the noises now pointing to the fact he will be the next manager.

Hardly sounds as if he’s raring to go.

Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 06:00 - Jul 31 with 1459 viewsKeithHaynes

Brendan Rodgers was probably 16th choice !
I’ve just read the comments above 😂

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 06:31 - Jul 31 with 1422 viewsPBJ

Thanks god

Always go with the Facts.

Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 06:43 - Jul 31 with 1413 views34dfgdf54

What’s changed his mind all of a sudden?

Strange one
Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 06:49 - Jul 31 with 1403 viewsPBJ

Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 06:43 - Jul 31 by 34dfgdf54

What’s changed his mind all of a sudden?

Strange one

That post was before this post

Martin announced tomorrow? by Headmaster 30 Jul 2021 20:32
https://twitter.com/SJohnsonSport/status/1421191339799191559

Ah if u meant negative to positive nevermind
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 6:51]

Always go with the Facts.

Russell Martin hasn’t turned down the Swansea managers job on 07:30 - Jul 31 with 1332 viewsBillyChong

Interesting. I suspect it’s too early for him, another year at MK Dons to continue his project and build his reputation maybe. I’ll be surprised if he takes it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024