Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Major site announcement 11:12 - Aug 2 with 2902 viewsKeithHaynes

Sorry guys but it’s time we faced up to the fact the site isn’t reflecting the image we wanted to convey to the world when taking over in September 2020. To that end we have to state the following.

From 9am today, Monday August 2nd 2021 the website known as ‘Swansea Independent’ will have a new football board, The ‘ Quorn Dogs For Tea’ Football Board © This is to reflect the much wider and diverse change the club we love has made in recent hours. At no point did we mean to offend the ‘ Football Board’ nor make it feel inadequate or insignificant. However, times change and things move on, we hope the many members of this site young and old, new and bloody but well aged can accept this new direction we are now travelling in.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Major site announcement pending on 11:23 - Aug 2 with 2856 viewsItchySphincter

Is it the new vegetarian themed sponsoring of the football board?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Major site announcement pending on 11:27 - Aug 2 with 2827 viewsKeithHaynes

Major site announcement pending on 11:23 - Aug 2 by ItchySphincter

Is it the new vegetarian themed sponsoring of the football board?

You are too sharp for us mate 👍

Major site announcement on 11:39 - Aug 2 with 2753 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Of course, you should not feed a Quorn Dog to a real dog.

https://dogfriendlyscene.co.uk/can-dogs-eat-quorn/

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Major site announcement pending on 11:41 - Aug 2 with 2730 viewsItchySphincter

Major site announcement pending on 11:27 - Aug 2 by KeithHaynes

You are too sharp for us mate 👍

Major site announcement on 11:43 - Aug 2 with 2686 viewsbuilthjack

Curried cauliflower and hummus wrap for me please.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Major site announcement on 11:44 - Aug 2 with 2680 viewsandypitt56

I'm already vegetarian do it get some kind of profile badge to make sure everyone knows?
Major site announcement on 12:01 - Aug 2 with 2574 viewsCatullus

It'll have to be more specific than just "Quorn" because not all Quorn is vegan but our manager is

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Major site announcement on 12:03 - Aug 2 with 2551 viewsonehunglow

Warlocks to this.
Eat more meat.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Major site announcement on 12:09 - Aug 2 with 2533 viewsThornburyswan

Major site announcement on 11:44 - Aug 2 by andypitt56

I'm already vegetarian do it get some kind of profile badge to make sure everyone knows?

Only if you drive a fully electric car, have solar pv panels & recycle all your waste products!
Major site announcement on 12:19 - Aug 2 with 2488 viewsandypitt56

Got solar panels but can’t afford an electric car lol gutted I was so close to being the complete package
Major site announcement on 12:50 - Aug 2 with 2377 viewsPBJ

My last comment should be on here😂

It doesn't make any sense to me

corndogs w/ tea i get the veggie part though
[Post edited 2 Aug 2021 12:59]

Always go with the Facts.

Major site announcement on 12:56 - Aug 2 with 2348 viewsBest_loser

The Veggie Jack Russell
Major site announcement on 13:33 - Aug 2 with 2228 viewsKeithHaynes

Major site announcement on 12:50 - Aug 2 by PBJ

My last comment should be on here😂

It doesn't make any sense to me

corndogs w/ tea i get the veggie part though
[Post edited 2 Aug 2021 12:59]

Major site announcement on 13:39 - Aug 2 with 2198 viewsPBJ

Major site announcement on 13:33 - Aug 2 by KeithHaynes

Ah thanks. Found it's a line from twin town

Always go with the Facts.

Major site announcement on 18:32 - Aug 2 with 1727 viewsReslovenSwan1

Major site announcement on 13:39 - Aug 2 by PBJ

Ah thanks. Found it's a line from twin town

I am considering reducing meat consumption considerably . There are about 40 chicken farms in the Wye catchment each 2with round 100,000 chickens, and the controlling agencies the Environment Agency in England and Natural Resources Wales appear toothless to stop more.

Bird guano builds up. Some is used for fertilisers but there is an excess. This has polluted the River Wye with excessive phosphates from run off and leachate in soils..

I was under the impression UK rivers were cleaner these days with strict controls. Its a myth sadly. The NRW talked about 'working with the chicken producers' which sounded pretty hopeless to me.

The River Wye is a beautiful feature of Wales and the borders.

One thing that crossed my mind was that if human were meant to be vegan why have we got incisor teeth. Perhaps it was to eat Quorn sausages.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Major site announcement on 19:45 - Aug 2 with 1625 viewsbuilthjack

Major site announcement on 18:32 - Aug 2 by ReslovenSwan1

I am considering reducing meat consumption considerably . There are about 40 chicken farms in the Wye catchment each 2with round 100,000 chickens, and the controlling agencies the Environment Agency in England and Natural Resources Wales appear toothless to stop more.

Bird guano builds up. Some is used for fertilisers but there is an excess. This has polluted the River Wye with excessive phosphates from run off and leachate in soils..

I was under the impression UK rivers were cleaner these days with strict controls. Its a myth sadly. The NRW talked about 'working with the chicken producers' which sounded pretty hopeless to me.

One thing that crossed my mind was that if human were meant to be vegan why have we got incisor teeth. Perhaps it was to eat Quorn sausages.

It stinks around the countryside in Mid Wales these days, chicken shite is being spread everywhere. Awful smelly stuff.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Major site announcement on 19:49 - Aug 2 with 1618 viewsCatullus

Major site announcement on 18:32 - Aug 2 by ReslovenSwan1

We have reduced our meat intake but with no intention of going veggie or vegan.

Veganism is an odd idea to me, it's supposed to be about animal welfare but if we all stopped eating meat, what would happen to all the farm animals? The only thing I can think of there is that when they are all no longer wanted or needed they will be put down or allowed to die causing species to go almost extinct. They are part of the food chain, as are we. They are part of the balance of nature.

Can anyone think of any reasonable ideas of what would happen to farm animals if we all went vegan? Flexitarianism seems a better idea to us.

I tried Quorn once, I wasn't impressed. You can't beat a REAL steak.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Major site announcement on 20:17 - Aug 2 with 1590 viewsjasper_T

Major site announcement on 19:49 - Aug 2 by Catullus

Veganism is an odd idea to me, it's supposed to be about animal welfare but if we all stopped eating meat, what would happen to all the farm animals? The only thing I can think of there is that when they are all no longer wanted or needed they will be put down or allowed to die causing species to go almost extinct. They are part of the food chain, as are we. They are part of the balance of nature.

Can anyone think of any reasonable ideas of what would happen to farm animals if we all went vegan? Flexitarianism seems a better idea to us.

We bred those species to be part of our food chain, it's not exactly "the balance of nature". It's human selection over countless generations, can no more expect a dairy cow to survive in the wild than you would a pug or poodle.
Major site announcement on 22:03 - Aug 2 with 1460 viewsBoundy

Just ate a lovely sirloin steak in the Aleppo Merchants Inn in Carno , with not an ounce of remorse but plenty of English mustard

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Major site announcement on 07:55 - Aug 3 with 1280 viewsDr_Parnassus

Major site announcement on 20:17 - Aug 2 by jasper_T

We bred those species to be part of our food chain, it's not exactly "the balance of nature". It's human selection over countless generations, can no more expect a dairy cow to survive in the wild than you would a pug or poodle.

Breeding a sentient being into existence just to commit violence on it doesn’t really justify it though.

Hunting for food out of necessity is one thing, needlessly killing millions of animals in horrific fashion is quite another.

No difference in people buying male and female dogs and breeding them to cut the puppies throats and eat them.

But I understand people are entrenched into their ways of life now. So I don’t preach.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Major site announcement on 11:10 - Aug 3 with 1158 viewsItchySphincter

Major site announcement on 19:49 - Aug 2 by Catullus

Quorn is banned in some countries, maybe Canada, can't quite remember, and in some countries it's deemed to be a dairy product because the mushroom protein is grown on eggshells. Revolting stuff.

Major site announcement on 12:12 - Aug 3 with 1129 viewsKeithHaynes

Major site announcement on 11:10 - Aug 3 by ItchySphincter

Quorn is banned in some countries, maybe Canada, can't quite remember, and in some countries it's deemed to be a dairy product because the mushroom protein is grown on eggshells. Revolting stuff.

Quorn properly seasoned and with the appropriate sauces is a fantastic meat free shepherds Pie.

Oh yes 👍

Major site announcement on 12:57 - Aug 3 with 1093 viewsYrAlarch

Major site announcement on 12:12 - Aug 3 by KeithHaynes

Quorn properly seasoned and with the appropriate sauces is a fantastic meat free shepherds Pie.

Oh yes 👍

Yes and cardboard is quite versatile too!
Major site announcement on 14:13 - Aug 3 with 1056 viewsKeithHaynes

Major site announcement on 12:57 - Aug 3 by YrAlarch

Yes and cardboard is quite versatile too!

Only for drawing on 😉

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024