Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Byers going 18:33 - Aug 2 with 5286 viewsChief

Seemingly for free.

Is this wise with Grimes going? Has Martin had enough time to properly judge him?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Byers going on 23:39 - Aug 2 with 1939 viewsjasper_T

Byers going on 23:20 - Aug 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Which sounds like the right decision.

We came 10th with him in the heart of our midfield, and 6th and 4th when Cooper correctly saw that wasn’t a good enough core.

Yeah I'm sure Byers was the main reason for the difference.
Byers going on 23:47 - Aug 2 with 1901 viewsDr_Parnassus

Byers going on 23:39 - Aug 2 by jasper_T

Yeah I'm sure Byers was the main reason for the difference.

I’m sure it was one of many reasons, it doesn’t have to solely be down to a single one.

But correctly choosing against having George Byers as the beating heart of your midfield certainly sticks out as one such reason.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Byers going on 03:08 - Aug 3 with 1840 viewsItchySphincter

Byers definitely looked like he was going to become a regular under Potter. He's suffered greatly under Cooper. Deserves to go and have a chance of a decent playing career.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Byers going on 06:22 - Aug 3 with 1784 viewsDr_Parnassus

Barry McKay looked like he was going to become a regular starter for Potter too.

Thankfully someone put a stop to that too.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 6:49]

Byers going on 08:23 - Aug 3 with 1697 viewsKilkennyjack

Byers going on 06:22 - Aug 3 by Dr_Parnassus

Barry McKay looked like he was going to become a regular starter for Potter too.

Good post - did we really sign McKay and Asoro, whilst not playing Wayne and Nathan ?

Byers is not good enough.
File under Dhanda.

Beware of the Risen People

Byers going on 11:20 - Aug 3 with 1605 viewsjasper_T

Byers going on 08:23 - Aug 3 by Kilkennyjack

Good post - did we really sign McKay and Asoro, whilst not playing Wayne and Nathan ?

Byers is not good enough.
File under Dhanda.

We signed them when it was thought Routledge and Dyer would leave. Think Wayne rejected a loan? The problem with getting deals done early.

Definitely not good signings. Had my doubts about Asoro at the time, but was told on here he could be a bargain so shouldn't complain.
Byers going on 15:03 - Aug 3 with 1499 viewsReslovenSwan1

Byers going on 11:20 - Aug 3 by jasper_T

We signed them when it was thought Routledge and Dyer would leave. Think Wayne rejected a loan? The problem with getting deals done early.

Definitely not good signings. Had my doubts about Asoro at the time, but was told on here he could be a bargain so shouldn't complain.

Asoro never looked happy or comfortable at Swansea. He has what Potter called "express pace".

I hoped he would mature and feel more comfortable in his surrounding but he was packed off on loan which is tough for a 19 year old lad in a foreign land. People change.

I felt for him at an Pre season friendly 2 years ago at Exeter, which saw the return of Borja.

Borja within seconds clicked immediately with McBurnie and scored a class goal. There was a handful of very slick combinations between Borja and McBurnie. It never developed of course with OMcB dispatch up north.

Asoro lost his man and Exeter nearly scored. CR23 fired a few expletives at him for not covering. Later Asoso scored a late goal as Exeter wilted. I was so happy for him and Borja. Asoroa had scored his first goal for swansea and Borja only his second. Both were absolutely delighted and the players were too for them.

It about people at the end of the day. Borja got his chance but Asoro did not. It also marked the end of CBR who missed an open goal.

Cooper is an elitist. Its better to have no centre forward rather than a league 1 quality centre forward. Bayern Munchen had Chipo Moting (?) for a couple of seasons.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 15:04]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Byers going on 17:08 - Aug 3 with 1426 viewsvetchonian

Any whispers yet Keith any imminent announcements?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Byers going on 17:42 - Aug 3 with 1396 viewsItchySphincter

Byers going on 06:22 - Aug 3 by Dr_Parnassus

Not true. Childishly provocative.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Byers going on 20:09 - Aug 3 with 1251 viewsKeithHaynes

Byers going on 17:08 - Aug 3 by vetchonian

Any whispers yet Keith any imminent announcements?

Nothing at all. Nada.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Byers going on 20:29 - Aug 3 with 1222 viewscimlaswan

Byers going on 23:20 - Aug 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Which sounds like the right decision.

We came 10th with him in the heart of our midfield, and 6th and 4th when Cooper correctly saw that wasn’t a good enough core.

Byers 2018/2019 (Under Potter) 20 Stars + 1 Sub (2 Goals)

Byers 2019/2020 (Under Cooper) 22 Stars +13 Subs (2 Goals)
Byers going on 22:53 - Aug 3 with 1144 viewsKilkennyjack

Byers going on 15:03 - Aug 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Asoro never looked happy or comfortable at Swansea. He has what Potter called "express pace".

I hoped he would mature and feel more comfortable in his surrounding but he was packed off on loan which is tough for a 19 year old lad in a foreign land. People change.

I felt for him at an Pre season friendly 2 years ago at Exeter, which saw the return of Borja.

Borja within seconds clicked immediately with McBurnie and scored a class goal. There was a handful of very slick combinations between Borja and McBurnie. It never developed of course with OMcB dispatch up north.

Asoro lost his man and Exeter nearly scored. CR23 fired a few expletives at him for not covering. Later Asoso scored a late goal as Exeter wilted. I was so happy for him and Borja. Asoroa had scored his first goal for swansea and Borja only his second. Both were absolutely delighted and the players were too for them.

It about people at the end of the day. Borja got his chance but Asoro did not. It also marked the end of CBR who missed an open goal.

Cooper is an elitist. Its better to have no centre forward rather than a league 1 quality centre forward. Bayern Munchen had Chipo Moting (?) for a couple of seasons.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 15:04]

I suspect the reaction of Asoro and Borja was that of surprise.

When these guys scored it was always a surprise.

Two woeful clueless signings.
The person who scouted them should be in prison.

Borja (£15m for 30 games, 4 year deal) and Mesa (£11m for 11 games, 4 year deal).
Again jail calling for piiss poor Mesa deal.

We could have bought Joe Allen twice for that.

Beware of the Risen People

Byers going on 01:01 - Aug 4 with 1054 viewsDr_Parnassus

Byers going on 17:42 - Aug 3 by ItchySphincter

Not true. Childishly provocative.

Byers had 21 appearances, McKay had 30 (more than half of which were starts).

It’s true, sadly.

Byers going on 01:04 - Aug 4 with 1053 viewsDr_Parnassus

Byers going on 20:29 - Aug 3 by cimlaswan

Byers 2018/2019 (Under Potter) 20 Stars + 1 Sub (2 Goals)

Byers 2019/2020 (Under Cooper) 22 Stars +13 Subs (2 Goals)

Byers 2020/21 (Under Cooper) 0 starts + 0 subs (0 goals)

Byers going on 10:50 - Aug 4 with 914 viewsPBJ

Undisclosed fee might not be free

GV said it's free though :(

Always go with the Facts.

Byers going on 11:01 - Aug 4 with 890 viewsDr_Parnassus

Byers going on 10:50 - Aug 4 by PBJ

Undisclosed fee might not be free

GV said it's free though :(

They aren't allowed to pay a fee for any players due to FFP.

There is a sell on clause attached to the signing by the sounds of it, plus frees up 500k a year in wages.

Byers going on 18:20 - Aug 4 with 801 viewscimlaswan

Byers going on 01:04 - Aug 4 by Dr_Parnassus

Byers 2020/21 (Under Cooper) 0 starts + 0 subs (0 goals)

So Cooper correctly saw that wasn’t a good enough core by playing Byers more than Potter did and taking over a year to stop selecting him (when Byers was injured anyway)
Byers going on 00:56 - Aug 5 with 721 viewsDr_Parnassus

Byers going on 18:20 - Aug 4 by cimlaswan

So Cooper correctly saw that wasn’t a good enough core by playing Byers more than Potter did and taking over a year to stop selecting him (when Byers was injured anyway)

Well if he didn’t see it… why did he not play him at all last year?

Think now please.

Byers going on 06:57 - Aug 5 with 685 viewsDr_Winston

Took Cooper a year to work out that Fulton was a better option than Byers.

Nice one Steve.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Byers going on 09:17 - Aug 5 with 621 viewsvetchonian

Byers going on 06:57 - Aug 5 by Dr_Winston

Nice one Steve.

yet Potter thought Byers was the bees knees according to many on here, in fact Cooper has been berated for not using Byers too!!

Your obsession/dislike of Cooper is crazy he has gone let it rest.

You have said he was a useless manager dismissing posts where the quality of the squad was questioned yet here you are extolling how we have a really weak squad...We have lost the spine but surely that shows what little Cooper had to work with...no options if Ayew injured, suspended, off form...Geuhi blossomed last season but we have Brandon Cooper who could develop into anothe like him especailly given the reports from his time at Newport...so have we really weakened that much

The new manager will have more forward options at his disposal with the arrival of Piroes and Joseph, Whittaker has had time to develop and Cullen to has progressed..yes none of these are Ayew but we have sacrificed some "quality" for quantity, youth and more options..Midfield is a concern if we lose Grimes though many in the boards would not be sorry to see him go...again its all about opinion... Walsh seems a worry form fitness perspective...I think Fulton is underated Potter definately saw his potential and value , Smith too is an asset whilst Oli Cooper and Dan WIlliams look good what we lack is a "Leon" and I have said so many times it is so strange that we have failed to develop a player to execuite that role given it was crucial to the Swansea way....

Byers going on 09:38 - Aug 5 with 605 viewsraynor94

Byers going on 09:17 - Aug 5 by vetchonian

yet Potter thought Byers was the bees knees according to many on here, in fact Cooper has been berated for not using Byers too!!

You have said he was a useless manager dismissing posts where the quality of the squad was questioned yet here you are extolling how we have a really weak squad...We have lost the spine but surely that shows what little Cooper had to work with...no options if Ayew injured, suspended, off form...Geuhi blossomed last season but we have Brandon Cooper who could develop into anothe like him especailly given the reports from his time at Newport...so have we really weakened that much

The new manager will have more forward options at his disposal with the arrival of Piroes and Joseph, Whittaker has had time to develop and Cullen to has progressed..yes none of these are Ayew but we have sacrificed some "quality" for quantity, youth and more options..Midfield is a concern if we lose Grimes though many in the boards would not be sorry to see him go...again its all about opinion... Walsh seems a worry form fitness perspective...I think Fulton is underated Potter definately saw his potential and value , Smith too is an asset whilst Oli Cooper and Dan WIlliams look good what we lack is a "Leon" and I have said so many times it is so strange that we have failed to develop a player to execuite that role given it was crucial to the Swansea way....

But your obsession/like for Cooper is crazy he has gone let it rest.

There, fixed it

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Byers going on 10:04 - Aug 5 with 582 viewsBadlands

Byers going on 11:20 - Aug 3 by jasper_T

Routs only started playing after taking a huge pay cut to stay at Swansea.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Byers going on 10:11 - Aug 5 with 566 viewsvetchonian

Byers going on 09:38 - Aug 5 by raynor94

But your obsession/like for Cooper is crazy he has gone let it rest.

There, fixed it

Lets hope so

By the way i was never obsessed with Cooper..I am obsessed by facts and reality...

Byers going on 10:25 - Aug 5 with 549 viewsDr_Parnassus

Byers going on 06:57 - Aug 5 by Dr_Winston

Nice one Steve.

And then got us to 4th.

Nice one indeed.

Byers going on 10:29 - Aug 5 with 547 viewsDr_Parnassus

Byers going on 09:17 - Aug 5 by vetchonian

I’m going to try to make a fantasy XI of the players Cooper “should” have played. It will make for shocking reading, featuring the likes of Arriola, Byers, Whittaker, Dhanda, Declan John and Gyorkeres.

Sounds formidable…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024