Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 08:28 - Aug 3 with 16492 viewsNotLoyal

Saturday August 7th 2021
Ewood Park
Kick Off 3pm

Match Officials
David Webb will be the referee for Swansea City's Championship opener against Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park. Webb will be assisted by Matthew Mcgrath and Geoffrey Liddle, while Ross Joyce is the fourth official.

Tickets are now on general sale. prices are as follows
Adults - £25* Seniors (aged 65 and over) £20* 18-23’s - £15* Juniors (aged 12-17) -£9* Under 12’s - £6*
Please note any under-12 tickets must be sold with an accompanying adult.

Last time
Blackburn Rovers 1 Swansea City 1
9th March 2021, behind closed doors

The time before that
Blackburn Rovers 2 Swansea City 2
29th February 2020

593 Jacks at the game

Blackburn facts,figures and triggers

Blackburn is such a small place that more than the amount of people that live there follow the club. That means a lot of Blackburn folk follow their local side, and clearly some of them twice. There is no other explanation. Holland’s pies is the towns biggest exporter, in a hundred years back, or less, they used to export cotton ( not Holland’s pies ) to the world, then one eyed Joe got annoyed and it all went south. Not literally, nothing goes south from Blackburn as we have seen with their away supports over the years at Swansea. It shouldn’t ever be said that Blackburn people are thick, other than all of them mostly are really intelligent. They came second in the UK’s most intelligent town in 2017. This was an incredible achievement for them as they were the only town to enter. Thick or what ?

Everyone born in Blackburn has no toenails.
Blackburn Lives Matter

Dark markets only. What’s the point in subscribing ?

Blackburn Rovers: Thomas Kaminski, Ryan Nyambe, Harry Pickering, Daniel Ayala, Joe Rothwell, Sam Gallagher, Tyrhys Dolan, John Buckley, Ben Brereton Diaz, Darragh Lenihan (captain), Lewis Travis.

Substitutes: Jacob Davenport, Danny Butterworth, Hayden Carter, Connor McBride, Jake Garrett, Tyler Magloire, Jordan Eastham.

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Ben Cabango, Ryan Bennett, Joel Latibeaudiere; Kyle Naughton, Korey Smith, Jamie Paterson, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Jamal Lowe, Liam Cullen.

Substitutes: Nico Defreitas-Hansen, Lincoln Mcfayden, Brandon Cooper, Yan Dhanda, Ollie Cooper, Morgan Whittaker, Kyle Joseph.

More to follow

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 09:45 - Aug 3 with 5221 views1983

Can't wait for this trip a few of us are going up, back at the football in a nice big old ground with a new manager let the good times (and bad times) roll

Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 09:52 - Aug 3 with 5236 viewsKGriz16

Let's go!!!!
Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 22:58 - Aug 3 with 4934 viewsFireboy2

Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 09:45 - Aug 3 by 1983

Can't wait for this trip a few of us are going up, back at the football in a nice big old ground with a new manager let the good times (and bad times) roll

Get into the town centre, more pubs there, if you don't want to go to the town centre there is a great pub called the Fernhurst about a min walk away from the ground, away fans welcome

The eldest and I won't be there, as you all know we will be having fun with the rest of the family in Ynys Mon, so all YJBs shout loud and proud please 🦢🦢🦢
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 22:59]
Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 08:30 - Aug 4 with 4831 viewsChief

How many tickets have we sold?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 09:37 - Aug 4 with 4795 viewsraynor94

Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 22:58 - Aug 3 by Fireboy2

Get into the town centre, more pubs there, if you don't want to go to the town centre there is a great pub called the Fernhurst about a min walk away from the ground, away fans welcome

The eldest and I won't be there, as you all know we will be having fun with the rest of the family in Ynys Mon, so all YJBs shout loud and proud please 🦢🦢🦢

Agree about the Fearnhurst great pub, but the town centre is crap, one of the worst away trips I have been on.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 09:40 - Aug 4 with 4792 viewsKGriz16

Anybody going to guess a line up? When will press conference be? Thursday or Friday? Looking forward to seeing Benda between the sticks...finally.

Benda

Naughton
Cobango
Bennett
Manning

Fulton
Grimes
Dhanda

Lowe
Whittaker
Joseph

^ F*ck me, we need players in badly.
Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 09:50 - Aug 4 with 4785 viewsraynor94

Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 09:40 - Aug 4 by KGriz16

Anybody going to guess a line up? When will press conference be? Thursday or Friday? Looking forward to seeing Benda between the sticks...finally.

Benda

Naughton
Cobango
Bennett
Manning

Fulton
Grimes
Dhanda

Lowe
Whittaker
Joseph

^ F*ck me, we need players in badly.

Fulton is banned for 3 games, can't see Joseph getting a start.

Martin normally plays 3 at the back

Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 10:26 - Aug 4 with 4744 views1983

Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 22:58 - Aug 3 by Fireboy2

Went to Ewood Park about 7 yrs ago the Fernhurst it will be as the town centre is a fair old walk from there and not much in between

Login to get fewer ads

Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 19:59 - Aug 4 with 4572 viewsKeithHaynes

Adam Armstrong not likely to play, big fee accepted by Blackburn.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 20:05 - Aug 4 with 4559 viewsraynor94

Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 19:59 - Aug 4 by KeithHaynes

Adam Armstrong not likely to play, big fee accepted by Blackburn.

Norwich or Southampton? Both offering a striker as part of the deal.

I see Ings has gone to Villa, Saints need a replacement
[Post edited 4 Aug 2021 21:01]

Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 23:38 - Aug 4 with 4425 viewsbuilthjack

Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 08:30 - Aug 4 by Chief

How many tickets have we sold?

Over 900 by yesterday morning. Probably be about 1200

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 09:05 - Aug 5 with 4350 viewsSwans9

It will be good if we take over 1000. Getting train up tom coming back on Sunday. I will go swans 2 1 Cabango and Cullen.
Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 13:55 - Aug 5 with 4228 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Great to see the return of Loyal's Swansea City 'Matchday threads'.
They are easily the funniest and best on the internet.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 15:27 - Aug 5 with 4157 viewsKeithHaynes

Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 13:55 - Aug 5 by Ajack_Kerouac

His addition parental duties do impact on his time these days but he promises to send me what he can for each game 😉

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 17:02 - Aug 5 with 4107 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 13:55 - Aug 5 by Ajack_Kerouac

They really do brighten the place up and always puts a smile on my face.
Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 18:36 - Aug 5 with 4050 viewsNotLoyal

Thank you folks, I'm glad they are appreciated.
Uppa Jacks.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 06:51 - Aug 6 with 3886 viewspencoedjack

Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 18:36 - Aug 5 by NotLoyal

Thank you folks, I'm glad they are appreciated.
Uppa Jacks.

Congratulations on the the ‘additional parental duties’ fella.
Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 10:13 - Aug 6 with 3799 viewsBadlands

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19495113.blackburn-rovers-under-stre

11 Blackburn players gone, three out with injury, looking for signings and owners who haven’t attended for 6 years.
Just saying.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 10:14 - Aug 6 with 3804 viewsWhiterockin

Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 10:13 - Aug 6 by Badlands

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19495113.blackburn-rovers-under-stre

11 Blackburn players gone, three out with injury, looking for signings and owners who haven’t attended for 6 years.
Just saying.

And some complain about us.
Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 13:17 - Aug 6 with 3712 viewsbuilthjack

Almost 1100 sold, so will be close to the 1200 mark. Not bad.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 13:17 - Aug 6 with 3714 viewsjackharris

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 13:19 - Aug 6 with 3710 viewsjackharris

Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 13:17 - Aug 6 by builthjack

Almost 1100 sold, so will be close to the 1200 mark. Not bad.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 10:55 - Aug 7 with 3298 viewsjackrmee

Sounds like Adam Armsgtrong is going to be left out today due to transfer speculation. Dack missing as well. Could be a good place to go today, considering we will be just getting up to speed with tactics etc.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 14:01 - Aug 7 with 3067 viewsPBJ

Line up

Swansea City: Benda; Cabango, Bennett, Latibeaudiere; Naughton, Smith, Paterson, Grimes (C), Bidwell; Lowe, Cullen.

Subs: Defreitas-Hansen, McFayden, O Cooper, Dhanda, B Cooper, Whittaker, Joseph.

Good to see Benda as No.1 captain Grimes thou🤔
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 14:03]

Always go with the Facts.

Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 14:02 - Aug 7 with 3051 viewsjackrmee

Matchday Thread : Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City 21/22 on 14:01 - Aug 7 by PBJ

Line up

Swansea City: Benda; Cabango, Bennett, Latibeaudiere; Naughton, Smith, Paterson, Grimes (C), Bidwell; Lowe, Cullen.

Subs: Defreitas-Hansen, McFayden, O Cooper, Dhanda, B Cooper, Whittaker, Joseph.

Good to see Benda as No.1 captain Grimes thou🤔
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 14:03]

Duw duw dim Piroe

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024