Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ethan Laird 10:24 - Aug 4 with 7342 viewsraynor94

Coming in from Man U on loan.
Right wing back, made 25 appearances for MK last season

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ethan Laird on 12:46 - Aug 5 with 3217 viewsvetchonian

Ethan Laird on 12:43 - Aug 5 by ReslovenSwan1

This signing puts pressure on fullbacks Bidwell and CR23 to sign a new deals.

Fullbacks /agents aspirations for this season are:

a) To run down his contract,
b) Attempt to get Swansea back into the PL (sign new deal if achieved)
c) Help Wales to qualify for the World cup 2022 (CR23)
d) Play in the World cup. (CR23)
e) See off the competition of Neco Williams and Beck of Liverpool (young kid). Neco's star has fallen after a shakey game Denmark and reportedly out of favour and Liverpool. (CR23)

The clubs aspirations are primarily for the fullbacks to sign a new deal and become captain or vice captain. A solid World cup would be great for CR23 and the club. Alternatively get good money for the fullbacks this transfer window or at worst January 2022.

So how will it pan out?

If Laird performs to his potential and CR23 returns. If he declines an extension Liard not Roberts will be Swansea's first pick. If Roberts signs a new deal he will be first pick not Laird. The club has to favour players with a future at the club.

The World cup is by far the most prestigious tournament in World football, CR23 is a phenomenal athlete. He will see this as an absolute 'must do'. If he wants to play in the World cup ( If wales get there) the club must emphasise to him the best way of doing this is having a settled club season and signing an new deal.

CR23 by not signing a new deal could spend this season out of the first team and missing out on the World cup as Neco and Beck stake their claim. Swansea will surely not countenance a loan to help him out. Its about respecting the clubs interests and their own interest at the same time.

Business is business.

Or CR23 gets sold in the January window!!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Ethan Laird on 12:58 - Aug 5 with 3174 viewsWhiterockin

e) See off the competition of Neco Williams and Beck of Liverpool (young kid). Neco's star has fallen after a shakey game Denmark and reportedly out of favour and Liverpool. (CR23)

The clubs aspirations are primarily for the fullbacks to sign a new deal and become captain or vice captain. A solid World cup would be great for CR23 and the club. Alternatively get good money for the fullbacks this transfer window or at worst January 2022.

So how will it pan out?

If Laird performs to his potential and CR23 returns. If he declines an extension Liard not Roberts will be Swansea's first pick. If Roberts signs a new deal he will be first pick not Laird. The club has to favour players with a future at the club.

The World cup is by far the most prestigious tournament in World football, CR23 is a phenomenal athlete. He will see this as an absolute 'must do'. If he wants to play in the World cup ( If wales get there) the club must emphasise to him the best way of doing this is having a settled club season and signing an new deal.

CR23 by not signing a new deal could spend this season out of the first team and missing out on the World cup as Neco and Beck stake their claim. Swansea will surely not countenance a loan to help him out. Its about respecting the clubs interests and their own interest at the same time.

Business is business.

Quite often mate you just read too much into a situation. Half the stuff you post is just a figment of your vivid imagination. Keep posting it though, it's entertaining on a wet day.
Ethan Laird on 12:58 - Aug 5 with 3167 viewsGVJack

So how will it pan out?

Business is business.

What makes you think Laird would have a future at the Club? Surely his price is as low as its going to get now and I don't hear any noises that a permanent transfer is on the cards... the more experienced and a better player he becomes the more his value will go up and less likely to remain in SA1. Loans in the last few seasons haven't transitioned into permanent deals fornus so not sure why you think this would be any different?
Ethan Laird on 14:04 - Aug 5 with 3060 viewsCatullus

Ethan Laird on 12:58 - Aug 5 by Whiterockin

Quite often mate you just read too much into a situation. Half the stuff you post is just a figment of your vivid imagination. Keep posting it though, it's entertaining on a wet day.

Personally I don't believe that CR23 signing a new deal guarantees his playing. If he is in disastrous form and Laird is doing well, Laird will be picked, it's about what is best for the club as a whole, not just it's players. Remembering of course that Laird could be the shirt holder for the first couple of months and it'd be up to others to displace him.

I wouldn't want to state (as if it's fact) what any agents aspirations are. We can all speculate, my guess would be many agents are always looking at the transfer possibilities for their clients because it a move could give them more income. In CR23's case the agents first aspiration will probably be to get the player fit first. If Laird signs then we have Naughton and Latibeaudiere who can play right back too

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Ethan Laird on 15:06 - Aug 5 with 2981 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ethan Laird on 12:58 - Aug 5 by GVJack

What makes you think Laird would have a future at the Club? Surely his price is as low as its going to get now and I don't hear any noises that a permanent transfer is on the cards... the more experienced and a better player he becomes the more his value will go up and less likely to remain in SA1. Loans in the last few seasons haven't transitioned into permanent deals fornus so not sure why you think this would be any different?

If Laird signs for 12 months or 24 months then he is the near future. If CR23 declines a contract the expectation is he goes in January if not before or plays no 3 to Laird and Naughton. He could go to the PL (Southampton perhaps) like Rodon and not play very much.

He has a vested interest in playing football somewhere (and potentially going to Qatar). This will be Swansea if he signs, somewhere else if he does not. The best option for him to go to Qatar perhaps is to make certain he plays for Swansea.

Qatar potentially will exceed even his Euro heroics. it will define his career and lead to the Premier League or Europe. All managers talk in awe of his athleticism.

He cannot afford to mess it up with contractual shenanigans. That is the advice from the hills around Resolven.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Ethan Laird on 15:35 - Aug 5 with 2908 viewsDr_Parnassus

Ethan Laird on 14:49 - Aug 4 by Badlands

What!
Woodman was given two seasons and was barely a step up from Benda. Remember Woodman had outstanding back line in front of him. Decent goalkeeper.
Guehi, had a really good half season from 18 months.
Brewster - very good return of 10 goals in 20 games.

That leaves
Gibbs-White - injured but showed a few flashes of quality
Gyokeres - a bit of a flop with us but what chances did he get?
Palmer - a bit of a flop with us.
Hourihane - a flop.
Morris - kept on the side lines, injured
Arriola - kept on the sidelines, injured
Wilmot - kept being picked when we had better on the bench
Kalulu - a bit of a flop with us but what chances did he get?
Surridge - effort but a bit of a flop
Gallgher - had a few moments, added an occasional spark but nothing special.

You can’t seriously think that Morris, Arriola and Kalulu were Cooper loans?

He had as much say in those as you did, I’m sure.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Ethan Laird on 18:19 - Aug 5 with 2756 viewsGVJack

Ethan Laird on 15:06 - Aug 5 by ReslovenSwan1

If Laird signs for 12 months or 24 months then he is the near future. If CR23 declines a contract the expectation is he goes in January if not before or plays no 3 to Laird and Naughton. He could go to the PL (Southampton perhaps) like Rodon and not play very much.

He has a vested interest in playing football somewhere (and potentially going to Qatar). This will be Swansea if he signs, somewhere else if he does not. The best option for him to go to Qatar perhaps is to make certain he plays for Swansea.

Qatar potentially will exceed even his Euro heroics. it will define his career and lead to the Premier League or Europe. All managers talk in awe of his athleticism.

He cannot afford to mess it up with contractual shenanigans. That is the advice from the hills around Resolven.

I absolutely agree he needs to play and play well to be a regular feature in quatar (if we qualify).

My original point is I hought it's a strange position to prioritise strengthening when we already have it covered. Surely more at CB, CM or a playmaker AMC would need to come in as a priority?

Even more quality at LWB would be a priority before RWB
Ethan Laird on 19:44 - Aug 6 with 2567 viewsKeithHaynes

Laird close to coming in, few things to be agreed.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Ethan Laird on 20:16 - Aug 6 with 2495 viewsone_upmanship

Ethan Laird on 19:44 - Aug 6 by KeithHaynes

Laird close to coming in, few things to be agreed.

Lushly
Ethan Laird on 21:32 - Aug 6 with 2368 viewsjasper_T

Played for their u23s tonight.
Ethan Laird on 00:23 - Aug 10 with 2064 viewsRock

Ethan Laird on 18:19 - Aug 5 by GVJack

I absolutely agree he needs to play and play well to be a regular feature in quatar (if we qualify).

My original point is I hought it's a strange position to prioritise strengthening when we already have it covered. Surely more at CB, CM or a playmaker AMC would need to come in as a priority?

Even more quality at LWB would be a priority before RWB

Signing Laird as expected would massively improve our squad, and be an excellent addition to our XI in whichever role Martin decides to utilize him in. The kid is quality, was excellent in League One last season and looks to have a big future at Old Trafford when he makes the step up, possibly as early as next season if he performs well with us. Laird has been highly rated at Man U for awhile, and the expectation is he will challenge Wan-Bissaka at some point soon.

He’s a pacy, attacking full-back who excels both on the left and right, with wing-back in Martin’s system being perfectly suited to his game. He likes to get up and down the touchline, step-overs, tricks, one-twos, he’s got the full repertoire on the ball. His crossing ability is what stands out after that, he is very good at beating his man on the outside and accurate in equal measure at pull-backs and lofted and driven crosses into the box. He would link up well with the footballers we have in our squad, and his quickness out wide would add a different element to our game that has been lacking for a long time.

If Roberts is still here after the window closes, which hopefully he will be, I think Laird will instantly assume the role of RWB while he is out injured and then switch over to the left when Roberts is fit again. That would be my expectation, anyway, with Bidwell and Manning competing for spot starts at LWB and possibly the LCB position when we are at full strength. Positional flexibility is key to Martin’s system, and I think both Bidwell and Manning could serve us well in different ways on the left in a back three, entrusted with progressing the ball forward and acting as the fulcrum in possession and launching attacks out of the left half-space.

If Latibeaudiere continues to struggle on the ball and with his passing this could make for a good solution internally until he can receive the proper coaching required to iron out his mistakes, or we find another centre-back who can fully assume the position. Brandon Cooper has the ability to warrant a chance there, hopefully against Reading in the EFL Cup, but I’m not too sure about his ability with his left foot yet and would need to see him in action with us before we make a call about where he will be playing this season.
Ethan Laird on 16:52 - Aug 12 with 1772 viewsJackDragon

This one's gone a bit quiet?? is it still on?
Ethan Laird on 16:57 - Aug 12 with 1764 viewsjackrmee

Ethan Laird on 16:52 - Aug 12 by JackDragon

This one's gone a bit quiet?? is it still on?

Martin speaking about him here. Still seems on, but taking it's time.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-boss-rus

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Ethan Laird on 17:00 - Aug 12 with 1745 viewsBadlands

Ethan Laird on 15:35 - Aug 5 by Dr_Parnassus

You can’t seriously think that Morris, Arriola and Kalulu were Cooper loans?

He had as much say in those as you did, I’m sure.

Which explains why he kept them on the sidelines.
Seems he was a small minded man as well as a limited coach.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Ethan Laird on 17:01 - Aug 12 with 1745 viewsKeithHaynes

Ethan Laird on 16:57 - Aug 12 by jackrmee

Martin speaking about him here. Still seems on, but taking it's time.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-boss-rus

Definitely something to do with Joel Latibeaudiere improving and our latest news story impacting on finances.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ethan Laird on 17:08 - Aug 12 with 1730 viewsjackrmee

Ethan Laird on 17:01 - Aug 12 by KeithHaynes

Definitely something to do with Joel Latibeaudiere improving and our latest news story impacting on finances.

From what I'm reading into this now...It seems Martin would rather keep Grimes than bring a RWB he "loves" here. That's good.
And if the board grants him that wish, it'll be very good work by him.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Ethan Laird on 17:16 - Aug 12 with 1711 viewsjackrmee

Ethan Laird on 17:08 - Aug 12 by jackrmee

From what I'm reading into this now...It seems Martin would rather keep Grimes than bring a RWB he "loves" here. That's good.
And if the board grants him that wish, it'll be very good work by him.

This might also be a good reason Laird has gone quiet...

Martin on Connor: "He’ll be with us sooner rather than later, but he’s still got a way to go with his rehab. I haven’t seen him outside of the gym yet. He’s a player I'm really looking forward to working with. He’s an exciting player. But you just can’t rush these guys. Once he’s ready, we’ll look forward to seeing him back on the training pitch."

Ethan Laird on 12:01 - Aug 14 with 1475 viewsBadlands

Looks to me like Laird isn't keen on us for whatever reason. Too far out in the sticks
Early days for sure but Latty looked much more comfortable (an less of a liability) playing wing back so do we really need to develop another defender for a PL club?
I'd rather put funds into a different style of striker / centre forward. One of the major faults last season was there was no opportunity to change tactics by bringing on a central forward who could hold the ball up or be a target to play the ball on, Ayew was the nearest but really wasn't a target player.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Ethan Laird on 19:50 - Aug 14 with 1295 viewsexiledinenglandjack

According to Mitchelmore he’s at the game
Ethan Laird on 20:28 - Aug 14 with 1277 viewsvetchonian

Ethan Laird on 17:00 - Aug 12 by Badlands

Which explains why he kept them on the sidelines.
Seems he was a small minded man as well as a limited coach.

a limited coach who in his first 2 seasons of management at senior level got his side into the play offs whereas his predecessor whocwasvin his 8th season at a senior level when he was with us just managed a 10th place finish

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Ethan Laird on 23:03 - Aug 14 with 1120 viewspencoedjack

Ethan Laird on 17:16 - Aug 12 by jackrmee

This might also be a good reason Laird has gone quiet...

Martin on Connor: "He’ll be with us sooner rather than later, but he’s still got a way to go with his rehab. I haven’t seen him outside of the gym yet. He’s a player I'm really looking forward to working with. He’s an exciting player. But you just can’t rush these guys. Once he’s ready, we’ll look forward to seeing him back on the training pitch."

Connor was on wind st this afternoon 👍
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024