Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Open top bus crashes in Mumbles 17:47 - Aug 10 with 1700 viewsraynor94

Shocking news coming from the Mumbles, it hit a tree and had the front of the upper deck ripped off.

Air ambulance there and quite a few injuries

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Open top bus crashes in Mumbles on 18:04 - Aug 10 with 1655 viewsTreforys_Jack

Shite, fingers crossed there are only minor injuries.
Open top bus crashes in Mumbles on 18:06 - Aug 10 with 1645 viewsWhiterockin

Not good

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/live-updates-roof-ripped-double-21
Open top bus crashes in Mumbles on 19:27 - Aug 10 with 1532 viewsbritferry

Bus is close to the pavement but on the road... just seen another pic, there are double yellow lines there, so an accident waiting to happen... bye bye tree

[Post edited 10 Aug 2021 19:37]

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Open top bus crashes in Mumbles on 19:39 - Aug 10 with 1514 viewsPrivate_Partz

That tree looks like it is leaning into the road....
I posted this on t'other site:

I was about 50 yards away when it happened. Mrs Partz and the grandkids were with me. A horrible crunch then loads of shrieking and screaming.
Never seen so many emergency services once they got though the traffic. 3 fire engines, 6 police cars. 2 ambulances, 3 paramedics and the air ambulance.
Great news that no life changing or threatening injuries occurred. I do worry for the poor soul that was airlifted to the Heath neurology dept. though. That does sound serious.
How the hell did it happen? The driver too near the kerb? He should be able to scuff it without taking the roof off. Sadly I fear cuts to LA services have contributed here. Tree maintenance seems to be like drainage maintenance. Reaction only as the staff are no longer there to do the planned stuff.
Serous questions will be asked though of both the LA and First Cymru....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Open top bus crashes in Mumbles on 08:59 - Aug 11 with 1382 viewsangryjack

Open top bus crashes in Mumbles on 19:39 - Aug 10 by Private_Partz

That tree looks like it is leaning into the road....
I posted this on t'other site:

I was about 50 yards away when it happened. Mrs Partz and the grandkids were with me. A horrible crunch then loads of shrieking and screaming.
Never seen so many emergency services once they got though the traffic. 3 fire engines, 6 police cars. 2 ambulances, 3 paramedics and the air ambulance.
Great news that no life changing or threatening injuries occurred. I do worry for the poor soul that was airlifted to the Heath neurology dept. though. That does sound serious.
How the hell did it happen? The driver too near the kerb? He should be able to scuff it without taking the roof off. Sadly I fear cuts to LA services have contributed here. Tree maintenance seems to be like drainage maintenance. Reaction only as the staff are no longer there to do the planned stuff.
Serous questions will be asked though of both the LA and First Cymru....

That bus makes that route couple times a day every day its up to the driver of high sided vehicles to watch out for hazards ,unfortunately it will be drivers fault,even though its an accident
Open top bus crashes in Mumbles on 09:19 - Aug 11 with 1367 viewsCatullus

When I was a kid living in Mumbles and often down the seafront you'd regularly hear the noise of buses roofs catching the branches of these trees., There'd often be foliage on the roads too.
Blaming the driver would be harsh unless there are height warning signs and the buses can't stay far enough away from the kerb if there's oncoming traffic.

The LA needs to lop these trees back and keep an eye on them.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Open top bus crashes in Mumbles on 09:31 - Aug 11 with 1364 viewsraynor94

The state of trees and greenery around the City are disgraceful, but surely a risk assessment has been carried out on that route, but there's no way a tree like that should be hanging over the road

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Open top bus crashes in Mumbles on 09:52 - Aug 11 with 1349 viewsWhiterockin

Open top bus crashes in Mumbles on 09:31 - Aug 11 by raynor94

The state of trees and greenery around the City are disgraceful, but surely a risk assessment has been carried out on that route, but there's no way a tree like that should be hanging over the road

I would imagine the inquiry that is bound to take place will deem who is responsible for the cause of the accident. Insurance companies will not pay out unless they have too.
Login to get fewer ads

Open top bus crashes in Mumbles on 14:56 - Aug 11 with 1243 viewspikeypaul

I walked past the tree this morning.

Interestingly the open decker bus #1 similar to the one that crashed yesterday is still running the same route, and no the tree has not yet been cut back.

Also only one passenger upstairs this morning, when I normally see it there are 9 or 10.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 15:00]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Open top bus crashes in Mumbles on 16:59 - Aug 11 with 1192 viewsbritferry

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Open top bus crashes in Mumbles on 19:50 - Aug 11 with 1132 viewsPrivate_Partz

Open top bus crashes in Mumbles on 08:59 - Aug 11 by angryjack

That bus makes that route couple times a day every day its up to the driver of high sided vehicles to watch out for hazards ,unfortunately it will be drivers fault,even though its an accident

Cant see that. There will be different drivers on the route. If there is a tree hazard that can take the roof off a bus then it should be addressed before the route is set up. You want the driver looking at the road ahead not up in the sky every time he passes a tree.
On top of this we have massive driver shortages with routes being cancelled right, left and centre. Even less likelihood of continuity.
I would only blame the driver if he mounted a kerb. Even then you have to allow for errors by other road users.
I hope the resultant enquiry is fair and detailed.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Open top bus crashes in Mumbles on 06:36 - Aug 12 with 1042 viewspikeypaul

In the Swansea to Limeslade direction it was running every 30 mins, it is now every 60, presumably since they have one of the vehicles off the road.
They start from the Quadrant at 08:50 and finish at 17:50.
The powers that be are obviously pretty confident that the route SHOULD be safe to continue the service after the accident on Tuesday even though the tree has not been cut back and I saw the bus pass it yesterday morning.
Something coming from the opposite direction may have forced the driver to go to far in or it may have occurred through other reasons,who knows.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 6:40]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Open top bus crashes in Mumbles on 15:24 - Aug 12 with 955 viewsCatullus

Open top bus crashes in Mumbles on 06:36 - Aug 12 by pikeypaul

In the Swansea to Limeslade direction it was running every 30 mins, it is now every 60, presumably since they have one of the vehicles off the road.
They start from the Quadrant at 08:50 and finish at 17:50.
The powers that be are obviously pretty confident that the route SHOULD be safe to continue the service after the accident on Tuesday even though the tree has not been cut back and I saw the bus pass it yesterday morning.
Something coming from the opposite direction may have forced the driver to go to far in or it may have occurred through other reasons,who knows.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 6:40]

The last line might nail it, if a car is too far over or maybe a larger vehicle was coming the driver may have stayed further left.
The trees need to be lopped back far enough so any large vehicle can pass by safely in any traffic circumstance.
They've known about these trees for a long time, what is the excuse for not making sure the route/road is safe for traffic?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Open top bus crashes in Mumbles on 20:28 - Aug 12 with 900 viewsPrivate_Partz

Open top bus crashes in Mumbles on 09:19 - Aug 11 by Catullus

When I was a kid living in Mumbles and often down the seafront you'd regularly hear the noise of buses roofs catching the branches of these trees., There'd often be foliage on the roads too.
Blaming the driver would be harsh unless there are height warning signs and the buses can't stay far enough away from the kerb if there's oncoming traffic.

The LA needs to lop these trees back and keep an eye on them.

Spot on. The driver is most certainly not my 'go to' for blame here. There are countless examples of tree and general foliage maintenance almost being abandoned across the LA.
If a route, that is normally run by single deckers, switches to double then there should be a duty if care to the passengers to risk asses that route. Including the maintenance of trees to ensure the vehicle is not impeded.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 20:36]

Open top bus crashes in Mumbles on 20:31 - Aug 12 with 899 viewsPrivate_Partz

Open top bus crashes in Mumbles on 14:56 - Aug 11 by pikeypaul

I walked past the tree this morning.

Interestingly the open decker bus #1 similar to the one that crashed yesterday is still running the same route, and no the tree has not yet been cut back.

Also only one passenger upstairs this morning, when I normally see it there are 9 or 10.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 15:00]

If it was not driver error then that is shocking.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024