Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Afghanistan ? 17:32 - Aug 11 with 11654 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Pull your troops out after 20 years of attempted westernisation and leave the Taliban to deal with those who were westernised.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-58156772

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Afghanistan ? on 13:01 - Aug 22 with 1235 viewsCatullus

Afghanistan ? on 12:41 - Aug 22 by controversial_jack

The Taliban are just thugs. Not all islamic countries follow Sharia, it's not e requisite, just as this country has separated church from govt. Iraq under Saddam was secular

You're just being silly now, for the sake of it.

The Taliban aren't seperating themselves from Islam, they are openly stating that Sharia must be obeyed.
They have killed a young girl for wearing clothes that were too tight, according to their Sharia rules, they punish women who don't cover their heads. They punish girls who try to go to school. It's all according to Sharia law. Read the first paragraph and please stop trying so hard to be controversial just for the sake of it.
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2021/08/19/sharia-law-definition-heres-

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Afghanistan ? on 13:20 - Aug 22 with 1218 viewslondonlisa2001

Afghanistan ? on 13:01 - Aug 22 by Catullus

You're just being silly now, for the sake of it.

The Taliban aren't seperating themselves from Islam, they are openly stating that Sharia must be obeyed.
They have killed a young girl for wearing clothes that were too tight, according to their Sharia rules, they punish women who don't cover their heads. They punish girls who try to go to school. It's all according to Sharia law. Read the first paragraph and please stop trying so hard to be controversial just for the sake of it.
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2021/08/19/sharia-law-definition-heres-

They make up their own version of Sharia law that has almost nothing to do with Islamic teaching.

Under Islamic teaching women should be educated, allowed to have inheritance, money, be independent, the6 cannot be married against their will, etc etc etc. The Taliban ignore all that.

Stating it’s Islamic law doesn’t make it so any more than the Westboro nut jobs stating stuff is Christianity makes it so.
Afghanistan ? on 13:26 - Aug 22 with 1207 viewsonehunglow

Afghanistan ? on 13:20 - Aug 22 by londonlisa2001

They make up their own version of Sharia law that has almost nothing to do with Islamic teaching.

Under Islamic teaching women should be educated, allowed to have inheritance, money, be independent, the6 cannot be married against their will, etc etc etc. The Taliban ignore all that.

Stating it’s Islamic law doesn’t make it so any more than the Westboro nut jobs stating stuff is Christianity makes it so.

Can't see how restricting the manner of dress is giving independence to women .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Afghanistan ? on 14:08 - Aug 22 with 1200 viewslondonlisa2001

Afghanistan ? on 13:26 - Aug 22 by onehunglow

Can't see how restricting the manner of dress is giving independence to women .

It doesn’t. But Islam itself only says women should be modest. Again, not dissimilar to Christianity where women two generations ago wouldn't have dreamt of going to church or chapel without covering their head. The rest is just men deciding by force.

Look at the pictures of Kabul, or Tehran, or other large cities with Muslim populations from just 40 years ago. Women were dressed pretty much the same as they are here. Some wore colourful headscarves but not all. Certainly wealthy women wore the same designers as wealthy women in Paris or London or wherever. What’s happened since is just men imposing more and more restrictions on them. It’s not religion, it’s control.

I agree with you. All of it is nonsense. But it’s all incredibly similar nonsense. Largely because it all comes from the same thing, same part of the world etc.

It’s all just to do with controlling the masses and gaining power and money.
Afghanistan ? on 14:56 - Aug 22 with 1185 viewsCatullus

Afghanistan ? on 13:20 - Aug 22 by londonlisa2001

Make their own up? I though they followed the Hanafi school? Still I'm not an expert in that. I guess I'd have to research it to see what it says about the points you make but the Hanafi is one of the 4 major schools of thought.

I had a quick look and it does say they follow a strict interpretation of Hanafi Sharia law but even so, it's hardly making it up. Abu Hanafi died over 1200 years ago.

There's this about Sharia,

https://www.uua.org/re/tapestry/youth/bridges/workshop14/185708.shtml

"While many specifics of Sharia law (Islamic religious law) are not found in the Qur’an, traditional Muslim texts and practice are used to justify restrictions which limit women’s access to education, transportation, employment, making women reliant on men for these fundamental rights and denying women self-determination. In countries where this is the case, women and girls experience oppression, whatever the Qur’an says"

When it comes to women it seems that a lot of Sharia law is made up, by men.

PS, when it comes right down to it, all societies make laws up to suit themselves but in the modern Western world the laws apply equally to all of us, man or woman.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2021 15:00]

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Afghanistan ? on 15:08 - Aug 22 with 1166 viewsonehunglow

Afghanistan ? on 14:56 - Aug 22 by Catullus

Make their own up? I though they followed the Hanafi school? Still I'm not an expert in that. I guess I'd have to research it to see what it says about the points you make but the Hanafi is one of the 4 major schools of thought.

I had a quick look and it does say they follow a strict interpretation of Hanafi Sharia law but even so, it's hardly making it up. Abu Hanafi died over 1200 years ago.

There's this about Sharia,

https://www.uua.org/re/tapestry/youth/bridges/workshop14/185708.shtml

"While many specifics of Sharia law (Islamic religious law) are not found in the Qur’an, traditional Muslim texts and practice are used to justify restrictions which limit women’s access to education, transportation, employment, making women reliant on men for these fundamental rights and denying women self-determination. In countries where this is the case, women and girls experience oppression, whatever the Qur’an says"

When it comes to women it seems that a lot of Sharia law is made up, by men.

PS, when it comes right down to it, all societies make laws up to suit themselves but in the modern Western world the laws apply equally to all of us, man or woman.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2021 15:00]

Most religions subjugate women.Men try still to keep women "in their place".

Arranged marriages are still in force .This does not happen in Christianity really although in many other religions it does.Mormons have a special place for the sexes. Jehovahs also have specific roles for women. Let's face it.Men draw up laws normally and keeping women down is an intergral part.

Women are told to wear covering to obviate the carnal lust of men ;and the reason why they need chaperoning .

They are virtually imprisoned.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Afghanistan ? on 17:35 - Aug 22 with 1151 viewscontroversial_jack

Afghanistan ? on 14:08 - Aug 22 by londonlisa2001

It doesn’t. But Islam itself only says women should be modest. Again, not dissimilar to Christianity where women two generations ago wouldn't have dreamt of going to church or chapel without covering their head. The rest is just men deciding by force.

Look at the pictures of Kabul, or Tehran, or other large cities with Muslim populations from just 40 years ago. Women were dressed pretty much the same as they are here. Some wore colourful headscarves but not all. Certainly wealthy women wore the same designers as wealthy women in Paris or London or wherever. What’s happened since is just men imposing more and more restrictions on them. It’s not religion, it’s control.

I agree with you. All of it is nonsense. But it’s all incredibly similar nonsense. Largely because it all comes from the same thing, same part of the world etc.

This is correct. Pictures of Kabul during the 70s, showed women wearing mini skirts
Afghanistan ? on 21:51 - Aug 22 with 1106 viewsCatullus

Afghanistan ? on 17:35 - Aug 22 by controversial_jack

This is correct. Pictures of Kabul during the 70s, showed women wearing mini skirts

Well there were a few pictures yes but they weren't representative of all Afghans.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/rosebuchanan/trump-was-shown-a-picture-of-w

Daoud Khna and the Russians had a lot to do with Afganistan in the 70's. It wasn't run by the Taliban then, they didn't exist.
What a picture from the 70's has to do with the Taliban imposing Sharia law now though, I'm not sure.

Login to get fewer ads

Afghanistan ? on 21:57 - Aug 22 with 1104 viewsCatullus

Afghanistan ? on 14:08 - Aug 22 by londonlisa2001

Religion has always been used for control. Religion itself is made up and many women willingly participate.
Christianity has suppresed people all through history, women used to come of worse there too, at the hands of men. It is only fairly recently that women have been allowed into positions of power within the Church of England but still the Vatiacan is dominated by men.

They use religious rules that they invent to suppress and oppress, it's what religion is best at.

Afghanistan ? on 00:15 - Aug 23 with 1074 viewscontroversial_jack

Afghanistan ? on 21:51 - Aug 22 by Catullus

Well there were a few pictures yes but they weren't representative of all Afghans.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/rosebuchanan/trump-was-shown-a-picture-of-w

Daoud Khna and the Russians had a lot to do with Afganistan in the 70's. It wasn't run by the Taliban then, they didn't exist.
What a picture from the 70's has to do with the Taliban imposing Sharia law now though, I'm not sure.

It was still a muslim country, but didn't have strict Sharia law i believe is the point
Afghanistan ? on 22:50 - Aug 26 with 942 viewsKilkennyjack

Beware of the Risen People

Afghanistan ? on 03:42 - Aug 27 with 901 viewsDr_Parnassus

Horrific scenes in Afghanistan today.

Suicide bombings at the airport, many dead.

The Taliban also now have billions of dollars of American equipment and arms and have more Blackhawk helicopters in their armoury now than 85% of the world.

This has been an almighty cock up from the Biden administration and the exact reason why magazines and tabloids shouldn’t be allowed to shape US elections.

Trump had a strict set of conditions that the Taliban had to adhere to in order for the withdrawal to go smoothly and get everyone and everything out that was needed, leaving them to govern themselves and indeed who wants to be governed by them.

They broke these steps knowing Biden wouldn’t do anything about it, and they were right.

Regardless if your feelings about Trumps clumsy language at times, can anyone honestly say they think he would have stood for any wavering from the agreement? Almost zero chance of that.

As a result it is estimated thousands will now be executed who simply cannot leave the country. Chief of police already been executed in brutal fashion.

Disgusting.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Afghanistan ? on 22:14 - Aug 27 with 827 viewsKilkennyjack

Afghanistan ? on 23:48 - Aug 27 with 809 viewsmajorraglan

Afghanistan ? on 22:14 - Aug 27 by Kilkennyjack

Heard an article on the radio which implied that intelligence community had flagged up the potential capitulation of the Afghan Forces months ago, however individuals higher up the “food chain” ignored or didn’t fully appreciate what was being said.

There’s a report that British diplomats have left details of Afghans who used to work for us behind on the Kabul embassy, this puts people at risk of reprisals from the Taliban. On top o& this the Foreign Secretary was on leave and couldn’t make any calls. FFS.
Afghanistan ? on 00:51 - Aug 28 with 796 viewsTreforys_Jack

No-one appears to have come out of this very well, in this whole sorry and tragic situation.
Afghanistan ? on 07:48 - Aug 28 with 762 viewstrampie

Afghanistan ? on 23:48 - Aug 27 by majorraglan

Heard an article on the radio which implied that intelligence community had flagged up the potential capitulation of the Afghan Forces months ago, however individuals higher up the “food chain” ignored or didn’t fully appreciate what was being said.

There’s a report that British diplomats have left details of Afghans who used to work for us behind on the Kabul embassy, this puts people at risk of reprisals from the Taliban. On top o& this the Foreign Secretary was on leave and couldn’t make any calls. FFS.

Working for the British/Americans ect was taking a huge risk .

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Afghanistan ? on 10:20 - Aug 28 with 733 viewscontroversial_jack

Afghanistan ? on 07:48 - Aug 28 by trampie

Working for the British/Americans ect was taking a huge risk .

They have been thrown under the bus by the Americans
Afghanistan ? on 15:51 - Sep 2 with 589 viewsmajorraglan

The handling of the Afghanistan situation is appalling and now we have government ministers publicly arguing and blaming each other, they’re a shambles. It appears France we’re getting their citizens out as early as May while we’ve still got hundreds of British citizens and people who worked with our forces etc stuck out there.

According to the press it looks like the MOD cancelled military leave around 23rd oof July, so I am kind of guessing they knew things were pretty bad and we’d need to act. During yesterday’s Select Committee Meeting Raab it appears Raab was not aware of an internal FCO report dated 23.7 which warned of the impending catastrophe, he’s failed to answer numerous questions including when he went on holidays (alleged to be 6th of August) so wasn’t at the wheel to oversee development, failed to ensure a call went in to his counter part in the Afghan Government, doesn’t know how many people wee still got out there.

When appearing in front of a hearing, why aren’t politicians obliged to answer questions or put on oath?

This is a guy in the top echelons of government. Should he fall on his sword, be sacked or be allowed to carry on?? I get the impression Boris is trying to keep this at arms length because it’s been a multifaceted disaster that reflects poorly on the leadership of several ministers.
Afghanistan ? on 19:33 - Sep 2 with 553 viewsKilkennyjack

Afghanistan ? on 20:30 - Sep 2 with 539 viewsBoundy

Afghanistan ? on 19:33 - Sep 2 by Kilkennyjack

it would be funny if it wasn't so tragic

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Afghanistan ? on 07:23 - Sep 3 with 488 viewsKilkennyjack

Afghanistan ? on 20:30 - Sep 2 by Boundy

it would be funny if it wasn't so tragic

Idiots in our high offices of State.
Catapaulted there by their views on the idiotic Brexit alone.

Led by a man who feels nothing for anybody else except himself.

Afghanistan is dreadful.
A competent UK govt might have had far more influence for good.

Covid and schools returning leaves me cold.

Afghanistan ? on 07:59 - Sep 3 with 474 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Afghanistan ? on 07:23 - Sep 3 by Kilkennyjack

Afghanistan is dreadful.

The war criminal Blair should not got us into the mess in the first place.
Our armed forces and government have done a magnificent job to airlift so many to safety in such a short time after the collapse of the Afghanistan army.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Afghanistan ? on 08:42 - Sep 3 with 455 viewsmajorraglan

Afghanistan ? on 07:59 - Sep 3 by felixstowe_jack

The war criminal Blair should not got us into the mess in the first place.
Our armed forces and government have done a magnificent job to airlift so many to safety in such a short time after the collapse of the Afghanistan army.

Blair and Bush went after Al-Qaeda which I get, but there’s been many failures since then.

Our armed forces have done a great job, but our government have been sleeping at the wheel, that’s clear from the interdepartmental conflict and finger pointing. France were getting their people home in May, we’ve left hundreds behind.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2021 16:11]
Afghanistan ? on 10:20 - Sep 3 with 446 viewsBoundy

Afghanistan ? on 07:23 - Sep 3 by Kilkennyjack

Afghanistan is dreadful.

Strange you haven't seen fit to post this little snippet. how does the news that the EU are falling out of love with Biden sit with you. Torn between two lovers as the song goes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-58416848

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Afghanistan ? on 11:29 - Sep 3 with 433 viewscontroversial_jack

Afghanistan ? on 08:42 - Sep 3 by majorraglan

Blair and Bush went after Al-Qaeda which I get, but there’s been many failures since then.

Our armed forces have done a great job, but our government have been sleeping at the wheel, that’s clear from the interdepartmental conflict and finger pointing. France were getting their people home in May, we’ve left hundreds behind.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2021 16:11]

Our armed forces did not do a good job in Afghanistan. They spent most of their time just defending themselves.They did not bring security to the people.It was a total embarrassment for the British military and Iraq was too It showed up our lack of resources and institutional weaknesses within the army.It's not what people want to hear, but it's what happened.

They did not find a single Al Qaeda agent in Afghanistan either.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024