Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martin and his continual push for players 15:59 - Aug 12 with 1479 viewsmagicdaps10

Like this side of him, his interview today also stressed that on top of what we need, any players leaving will also need replacing on top.

Think we have a guy here who is not afraid to push and think he will certainly allign himself to the fans unlike Cooper.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 16:12]

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Roberts and his continual push for players on 16:05 - Aug 12 with 1438 viewsjackrmee

What interview mate?
And who is Roberts?

edit...I'm guessing you mean Martin. Typo, as you're reading an article that speaks of Roberts leaving?
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 16:09]

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Roberts and his continual push for players on 16:13 - Aug 12 with 1399 viewsmagicdaps10

Roberts and his continual push for players on 16:05 - Aug 12 by jackrmee

What interview mate?
And who is Roberts?

edit...I'm guessing you mean Martin. Typo, as you're reading an article that speaks of Roberts leaving?
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 16:09]

First off, thanks for pointing my mistake and now edited 👍

Interview is on WOL, General build up to the weekend but the inevitable questions about the squad.

Roberts and his continual push for players on 16:23 - Aug 12 with 1362 viewsjackrmee

Roberts and his continual push for players on 16:13 - Aug 12 by magicdaps10

First off, thanks for pointing my mistake and now edited 👍

Interview is on WOL, General build up to the weekend but the inevitable questions about the squad.

Thought so ha.

Aye I do like how he speaks. He's obviously had some conversations and has been promised some players.
Laird is on his way by all accounts.
I think he knows we are going to get another striker.
He also seems to be pretty confident about replacing players that are leaving.

I have a feeling that won't be MAtt Grimes now. (already replaced? Downes).
Hoping it's not Lowe either tbh. (maybe the potential new striker to replace him).
Connor is the other one I'm worried about, but his injury should keep him here in the short term (already replaced, Laird).

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Martin and his continual push for players on 16:41 - Aug 12 with 1295 viewsKilkennyjack

Agreed.

Managers these days can be too meek.
Dont let the board tie your hands and watch you fail.
Speak up load and clear.

The fans see honesty.

Beware of the Risen People

Martin and his continual push for players on 16:43 - Aug 12 with 1291 viewsChief

Didn't Cooper state at several times during his tenure of the need to bring in players? He was regularly expressing his desire for a forward and also stated in the last transfer window of the need for extra on top of what we had plus replacements for losses in a very similar worded way to Martin.

Yet that was seen as a negative by some posters. Now Martin's saying it, it's seem as great apparently.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Martin and his continual push for players on 16:47 - Aug 12 with 1275 viewsjackrmee

Martin and his continual push for players on 16:43 - Aug 12 by Chief

Didn't Cooper state at several times during his tenure of the need to bring in players? He was regularly expressing his desire for a forward and also stated in the last transfer window of the need for extra on top of what we had plus replacements for losses in a very similar worded way to Martin.

Yet that was seen as a negative by some posters. Now Martin's saying it, it's seem as great apparently.

I'm no Cooper hater, but I found there was no point in listening to him half the time, as he used to say the same crap every single time. It didn't seem genuine and simply a script he didn't want to defer from.

Martin and his continual push for players on 18:10 - Aug 12 with 1150 viewsWhiterockin

When you see the players coming in and Grimes possibly staying, you have to ask what was the real reason Cooper left by mutual agreement. He had a year left on his contract, he could have worked it.
Martin and his continual push for players on 18:21 - Aug 12 with 1115 viewsmagicdaps10

Martin and his continual push for players on 18:10 - Aug 12 by Whiterockin

When you see the players coming in and Grimes possibly staying, you have to ask what was the real reason Cooper left by mutual agreement. He had a year left on his contract, he could have worked it.

All getting a little stranger for sure... Still feel there will be a sale in there between now and the window closes.

I have a feeling that if Martin can get Laird in, Roberts going if possible with his injury then that would be his best option.

What I have heard is that Martin still wants a Centre half, Striker and creative midfielder....and has been promised he will be backed in his pursuit of players.

Login to get fewer ads

Martin and his continual push for players on 18:29 - Aug 12 with 1089 viewsWhiterockin

Martin and his continual push for players on 18:21 - Aug 12 by magicdaps10

All getting a little stranger for sure... Still feel there will be a sale in there between now and the window closes.

I have a feeling that if Martin can get Laird in, Roberts going if possible with his injury then that would be his best option.

What I have heard is that Martin still wants a Centre half, Striker and creative midfielder....and has been promised he will be backed in his pursuit of players.

If this is the case why did Cooper go? The manager seems to be backed to the hilt within our finances. All seems very strange to me and not what was originally thought.
Martin and his continual push for players on 21:37 - Aug 12 with 839 viewsvetchonian

Martin and his continual push for players on 18:29 - Aug 12 by Whiterockin

If this is the case why did Cooper go? The manager seems to be backed to the hilt within our finances. All seems very strange to me and not what was originally thought.

maybe it's been a wake up call and this is the owners ensuring they dont end up with another walking

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Martin and his continual push for players on 21:44 - Aug 12 with 819 viewsvetchonian

Chief its no use unfortunately the die is cast...Personally I think Coopers roots were against him....his lack of history and his persona ienot throwing his arms around and all that puzzle he could be dour but then so was Brian Clough...all these things switched off certain fans because of where is from....

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Martin and his continual push for players on 21:51 - Aug 12 with 798 viewsCatullus

Martin and his continual push for players on 21:44 - Aug 12 by vetchonian

Chief its no use unfortunately the die is cast...Personally I think Coopers roots were against him....his lack of history and his persona ienot throwing his arms around and all that puzzle he could be dour but then so was Brian Clough...all these things switched off certain fans because of where is from....

Frank Burrows was very dour. Toshack could be a right misery and look where he was from, did we care....NO, why? Sometimes the answers are just what they seem to be.

Maybe Cooper was saying things in public that were different to what he said in private. Maybe that's why the owners were happy for him to leave and in the end paid him off?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024