Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Right l’m putting myself out there 23:12 - Aug 17 with 4916 viewsmax936

Would we have lost that 3-1 if Stevie was still in charge,

Fire away, as Clint said in a Fist full of Dollars aim at the heart

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Right l’m putting myself out there on 15:04 - Aug 19 with 683 viewsDr_Parnassus

Right l’m putting myself out there on 14:57 - Aug 19 by jackrmee

Ad we aren't signing those types of players now either.

So when would you say to pull the plug then mate?
When we are 10th at Christmas?
17th at Christmas?
Now?
In another 3 weeks, if the players you require haven't been brought in, or the style hasn't been changed by the manager?

Exactly…. Why aren’t we? Because they don’t fit into this system.

So we shouldn’t be playing this system when we know half our team isn’t suited to it. Hence why we are getting battered.

Again far too many hypothetical questions, you aren’t going to get me to change my mind by machine gunning me a barrage of hypothetical questions that have no answer as the situations posed are too broad. It would depend on a variety of things.

10th is a good position as I’ve said, it suggests we are competing at a sufficient level to better the results of over half the league.

If we look like we are getting sucked into or are already in a relegation battle then the plug needs to be pulled in time for someone to steady the ship with effective football. No idea when that would be, it depends how the table looks and how we are competing.

Could be Xmas, could be later, could be earlier. If we are bottom of the league on 1 point in November I’m sure the plug will be pulled. Do you disagree?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Right l’m putting myself out there on 15:08 - Aug 19 with 666 viewsonehunglow

Right l’m putting myself out there on 15:04 - Aug 19 by Dr_Parnassus

So we shouldn’t be playing this system when we know half our team isn’t suited to it. Hence why we are getting battered.

Again far too many hypothetical questions, you aren’t going to get me to change my mind by machine gunning me a barrage of hypothetical questions that have no answer as the situations posed are too broad. It would depend on a variety of things.

10th is a good position as I’ve said, it suggests we are competing at a sufficient level to better the results of over half the league.

If we look like we are getting sucked into or are already in a relegation battle then the plug needs to be pulled in time for someone to steady the ship with effective football. No idea when that would be, it depends how the table looks and how we are competing.

Could be Xmas, could be later, could be earlier. If we are bottom of the league on 1 point in November I’m sure the plug will be pulled. Do you disagree?

I'd challenge anyone to genuinely state they would if we are rooted at the bottom.

Russ will be gone by Christmas if that is the case and we will then bring in yet another manager with a "plan". Oh for a figurehead with some experience of running a club

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Right l’m putting myself out there on 15:15 - Aug 19 with 670 viewsjackrmee

Right l’m putting myself out there on 15:04 - Aug 19 by Dr_Parnassus

When though mate?
It could be argued that we are already in a relegation battle.

I've already said, position is not the be all and end all.
If we are bottom, then there may be other reasons for that.
Bottom with 1 point is pretty silly situation to point towards. Has that ever happened before? If it has, did any manager not get sacked for it?

That's exactly like me saying, would you still want RM to change his tactics if we managed to win the next 6 matches on the trot and were top of the league.

This neverending debate is starting to bore me now.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Right l’m putting myself out there on 15:20 - Aug 19 with 652 viewsDr_Parnassus

Right l’m putting myself out there on 15:15 - Aug 19 by jackrmee

When though mate?
It could be argued that we are already in a relegation battle.

I've already said, position is not the be all and end all.
If we are bottom, then there may be other reasons for that.
Bottom with 1 point is pretty silly situation to point towards. Has that ever happened before? If it has, did any manager not get sacked for it?

That's exactly like me saying, would you still want RM to change his tactics if we managed to win the next 6 matches on the trot and were top of the league.

This neverending debate is starting to bore me now.

When what? Didn’t I just explain it depends on a variety of things, how we are performing, where we are in the league, how many points we have, how far off safety are we etc etc

You can’t put a date on it as it depends what the situation is. As I said, if we are rock bottom in November sat on 1 point, then I think the plug will be pulled. Completely depends on the situation.

You are asking me broad questions that have no answers and then calling my examples silly when I give them to you. If you don’t want a silly answer stop asking so many silly questions. How long is a piece of string?

Whether it bores you or not is not my concern. These points will remain.

Right l’m putting myself out there on 15:22 - Aug 19 with 644 viewsonehunglow

Right l’m putting myself out there on 15:20 - Aug 19 by Dr_Parnassus

When what? Didn’t I just explain it depends on a variety of things, how we are performing, where we are in the league, how many points we have, how far off safety are we etc etc

You can’t put a date on it as it depends what the situation is. As I said, if we are rock bottom in November sat on 1 point, then I think the plug will be pulled. Completely depends on the situation.

You are asking me broad questions that have no answers and then calling my examples silly when I give them to you. If you don’t want a silly answer stop asking so many silly questions. How long is a piece of string?

How long is a piece of string?

How long will I love you.?

Right l’m putting myself out there on 15:23 - Aug 19 with 654 viewsjackrmee

Right l’m putting myself out there on 15:08 - Aug 19 by onehunglow

I'd challenge anyone to genuinely state they would if we are rooted at the bottom.

Russ will be gone by Christmas if that is the case and we will then bring in yet another manager with a "plan". Oh for a figurehead with some experience of running a club

Even if we are rooted to the bottom, I still don't beleive it is the case because our players were not able to adapt.
If we are bottom of the league, then I would have to point fingers towards our manager and his team, being inept tactically, or being unable to portray what he wants to the players, or maybe another reason.

I simply can't believe that we don't have a squad of players here who have the ability to stay in this division, because they lack the ability to adapt to new tactics and techniques.

If we go down, it's because our new management team were not as good as they proposed to be, not because the players aren't good enough.

At the moment, all I have to go on is Russell Martin's one season in management and what he says in the press.
It's vrey little, so all I can do is guess and take his word for it that he knows what he's doing.
I can do no more than that. I will back him to do that in whichever way he knows to be best.
I will not try and tell him what he's doing wrong and what he needs to change and complain about everything he gets wrong.
I will instead, watch and learn. If he does not learn from mistakes, then maybe its a time to have a go at him.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Right l’m putting myself out there on 15:30 - Aug 19 with 648 viewsjackrmee

Right l’m putting myself out there on 15:20 - Aug 19 by Dr_Parnassus

You are mental mun.

You've been going on about how position is so important and linking our previous positions to progress etc.
Then after I explain how positions don't mean that much in terms of progression, somehow you turn it round and you're coming at me with "completely depends on situation", which was my argument in the first place.

I wasn't asking for your concern. Just pointing out that conversing with you for any length of time is boring. And somewhat annoying, due to continuous repetition and you pretending to be stupid.

Right l’m putting myself out there on 15:33 - Aug 19 with 626 viewsonehunglow

Right l’m putting myself out there on 15:23 - Aug 19 by jackrmee

Even if we are rooted to the bottom, I still don't beleive it is the case because our players were not able to adapt.
If we are bottom of the league, then I would have to point fingers towards our manager and his team, being inept tactically, or being unable to portray what he wants to the players, or maybe another reason.

I simply can't believe that we don't have a squad of players here who have the ability to stay in this division, because they lack the ability to adapt to new tactics and techniques.

If we go down, it's because our new management team were not as good as they proposed to be, not because the players aren't good enough.

At the moment, all I have to go on is Russell Martin's one season in management and what he says in the press.
It's vrey little, so all I can do is guess and take his word for it that he knows what he's doing.
I can do no more than that. I will back him to do that in whichever way he knows to be best.
I will not try and tell him what he's doing wrong and what he needs to change and complain about everything he gets wrong.
I will instead, watch and learn. If he does not learn from mistakes, then maybe its a time to have a go at him.

Mate.
There is no need for us to go down.
It will be no good at all for us all.

We need results.

Login to get fewer ads

Right l’m putting myself out there on 16:18 - Aug 19 with 609 viewsDr_Parnassus

Right l’m putting myself out there on 15:30 - Aug 19 by jackrmee

You are mental mun.

You've been going on about how position is so important and linking our previous positions to progress etc.
Then after I explain how positions don't mean that much in terms of progression, somehow you turn it round and you're coming at me with "completely depends on situation", which was my argument in the first place.

I wasn't asking for your concern. Just pointing out that conversing with you for any length of time is boring. And somewhat annoying, due to continuous repetition and you pretending to be stupid.

I’m correct, not mental. That’s what’s frustrating you.

League position is important, I don’t understand how you have come to the conclusion that I have said it isn’t?

You asked me when should we pull the plug. I said it would depend on the situation. You can’t put a date on it because it depends how much danger we are in both in points and performances.

You are asking the same questions over and over again to basic things and then complaining you are bored when you get the same answer. You have even started a thread asking a question you have received the answer to twice on two separate threads.

You are barking.

Right l’m putting myself out there on 16:23 - Aug 19 with 604 viewsDr_Parnassus

Right l’m putting myself out there on 15:33 - Aug 19 by onehunglow

Mate.
There is no need for us to go down.
It will be no good at all for us all.

We need results.

The naivety and arrogance regarding people’s attitudes towards relegation is horrendous to witness.

1) income plummets from TV rights
2) income plummets from sponsorship
3) income plummets from gate receipts/ST sales and merch
4) we lose players we can no longer afford to keep
5) we lose players who don’t want to be league 1 players
6) our scope of bringing in players reduced dramatically both financially and due to league status
7) our facilities and staff numbers may need to be scaled down to accommodate income loss
8) our academy will almost certainly be downgraded again stalling future growth

It’s stunning people are using it as a viable route to success. There is far more chance of it hurting us than helping us.

Needs to be avoided at all costs.

Right l’m putting myself out there on 18:06 - Aug 19 with 575 viewsjackrmee

Right l’m putting myself out there on 16:23 - Aug 19 by Dr_Parnassus

The naivety and arrogance regarding people’s attitudes towards relegation is horrendous to witness.

1) income plummets from TV rights
2) income plummets from sponsorship
3) income plummets from gate receipts/ST sales and merch
4) we lose players we can no longer afford to keep
5) we lose players who don’t want to be league 1 players
6) our scope of bringing in players reduced dramatically both financially and due to league status
7) our facilities and staff numbers may need to be scaled down to accommodate income loss
8) our academy will almost certainly be downgraded again stalling future growth

It’s stunning people are using it as a viable route to success. There is far more chance of it hurting us than helping us.

Needs to be avoided at all costs.

Definitely.
Noone has said that relegation is good.

Right l’m putting myself out there on 18:08 - Aug 19 with 570 viewsDr_Parnassus

Right l’m putting myself out there on 18:06 - Aug 19 by jackrmee

Definitely.

Yes they have.

“Acceptable” was the term used by some fans.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 18:09]

Right l’m putting myself out there on 18:09 - Aug 19 with 567 viewsjackrmee

Right l’m putting myself out there on 18:08 - Aug 19 by Dr_Parnassus

Yes they have.

“Acceptable” was the term used by some fans.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 18:09]

who?

Right l’m putting myself out there on 18:12 - Aug 19 with 552 viewsonehunglow

Right l’m putting myself out there on 18:06 - Aug 19 by jackrmee

Definitely.

Well,seems to be this "entertaining" aspect is all. It is entertaining for opposing fans for sure.

Right l’m putting myself out there on 18:13 - Aug 19 with 557 viewsDr_Parnassus

Right l’m putting myself out there on 18:09 - Aug 19 by jackrmee

who?

Couple on here have said it, can’t remember usernames.

Posts on social media stating relegation would be fine as it would provide a reset.

People here, 6% think relegation is acceptable if we are playing a certain way:-

https://planetswans.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5392

Right l’m putting myself out there on 18:18 - Aug 19 with 551 viewsjackrmee

Right l’m putting myself out there on 18:13 - Aug 19 by Dr_Parnassus

Couple on here have said it, can’t remember usernames.

Posts on social media stating relegation would be fine as it would provide a reset.

People here, 6% think relegation is acceptable if we are playing a certain way:-

https://planetswans.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5392

Ah, I thought you meant someone said it in this thread, or one here.

Right l’m putting myself out there on 18:19 - Aug 19 with 543 viewsDr_Parnassus

Right l’m putting myself out there on 18:18 - Aug 19 by jackrmee

Ah, I thought you meant someone said it in this thread, or one here.

Does that make a difference then?

Right l’m putting myself out there on 18:21 - Aug 19 with 542 viewsjackrmee

Right l’m putting myself out there on 18:19 - Aug 19 by Dr_Parnassus

Does that make a difference then?

Yes

Right l’m putting myself out there on 18:22 - Aug 19 with 537 viewsDr_Parnassus

Right l’m putting myself out there on 18:21 - Aug 19 by jackrmee

Yes

How?

I said “The naivety and arrogance regarding people’s attitudes towards relegation is horrendous to witness”.

Whether that’s on this particular thread or not is irrelevant.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 18:23]

Right l’m putting myself out there on 22:36 - Aug 19 with 458 viewsAndyCole

Right l’m putting myself out there on 18:12 - Aug 19 by onehunglow

Well,seems to be this "entertaining" aspect is all. It is entertaining for opposing fans for sure.

It's beyond embarrassing and truly gut wrenching the turnaround in our performances and results. And the way in which we (and our fans) seem to be buckling under the pressure. All sense of rational perspective lost, forgotten

Stoke (Stoke ffs) showboating keep-ball when cruising 3-0 up. Stoke fans cheering when we kicked it long, hoof-ball esque. On our own patch.

How the heck can some fans want to be 'entertained' in this way is beyond twp. And we have our fair share of those for sure.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Right l’m putting myself out there on 23:06 - Aug 19 with 447 viewsonehunglow

Right l’m putting myself out there on 22:36 - Aug 19 by AndyCole

It's beyond embarrassing and truly gut wrenching the turnaround in our performances and results. And the way in which we (and our fans) seem to be buckling under the pressure. All sense of rational perspective lost, forgotten

Stoke (Stoke ffs) showboating keep-ball when cruising 3-0 up. Stoke fans cheering when we kicked it long, hoof-ball esque. On our own patch.

How the heck can some fans want to be 'entertained' in this way is beyond twp. And we have our fair share of those for sure.

As you know,I wasnt a Cooper boy but I am ,at this moment .,very wary of what Russy is saying
He seems rather up hi own @rse and if he was experienced I d have it but he is not. Thi plan of his is a gamble and if it fails he walks away with compenation whilst we are deep in doodoo.

This could all change of course and I hope it does so I like to get my over reaction in first as it saves Dr Winston and the PS posse from having to set up threads just to berate non believers.

Come on Russ. Sort it out

Right l’m putting myself out there on 23:14 - Aug 19 with 450 viewsReslovenSwan1

Right l’m putting myself out there on 22:36 - Aug 19 by AndyCole

"Beyond embarrassing" "Gut wrenching" are hyper emotional phraseology used by yourself. Followed by some traditional Swansea city snobbery sneering at Stoke city. Stoke have spent most of the last 50 years above Swansea City.

This is not the time to panic. We have seen it time and again where a new manager struggles. This one did not even do pre-season.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Right l’m putting myself out there on 23:26 - Aug 19 with 443 viewsdobjack2

Right l’m putting myself out there on 23:14 - Aug 19 by ReslovenSwan1

"Beyond embarrassing" "Gut wrenching" are hyper emotional phraseology used by yourself. Followed by some traditional Swansea city snobbery sneering at Stoke city. Stoke have spent most of the last 50 years above Swansea City.

This is not the time to panic. We have seen it time and again where a new manager struggles. This one did not even do pre-season.

Indeed. Add in injuries /illness on top of postponed preseason games and a lot of managers wouldn’t have touched us with a barge pole.
Right l’m putting myself out there on 07:19 - Aug 20 with 400 viewsDr_Parnassus

Not sure that’s true. The vast majority of our managers show promise right away, largely because their tactics are a right fit for the players. It takes time for them to perfect it, but we are usually competitive from the outset.

Who was our last new manager to struggle out of interest? I’ll guess Bob Bradley. I’ll do the workings in a second:-

Many of our managers have been tasked with changing philosophy from Martinez, to Sousa, to Monk, to Laudrup, to Guidolin, to Potter to Cooper.

Some of these managers also inherited a team that was in the bottom section in terms of squad quality vs the rest of the league and still managed a respectable start.

First 3 league games in charge:-

Laudrup - 2 wins, 1 draw. 7 points from 9.
Martinez - 2 wins, 1 draw. 7 points from 9.
Cooper - 2 wins, 1 draw. 7 points from 9.
Potter - 2 wins, 1 draw. 7 points from 9.
Guidolin - 1 win, 2 draws. 5 points from 9.
Carvalhal - 1 win, 2 draws. 5 points from 9.
Monk - 1 win, 1 draw, 1 loss. 4 points from 9.
Rodgers - 1 win, 2 losses. 3 points from 9.
Clement - 1 win, 2 losses. 3 points from 9.
Sousa - 1 win, 2 losses. 3 points from 9.

Bob Bradley - 2 losses, 1 draw. 1 point from 9.
Russell Martin - 2 losses, 1 draw. 1 point from 9.

So while I’m not suggesting we read too much into this, it is only 3 games after all. I am just making the point that it is not common at all for our new managers to struggle in their opening games, regardless if they are changing philosophy or not and regardless if they were here for pre season.

We have to go back to the Bob Bradley era to find a similar start to a managerial campaign, and before that we would probably have to go back another two decades, maybe longer.

It wasn’t too long after Bradley was appointed that I remember a report saying it was our worst start since the Second World War.

So common it most certainly isn’t.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 7:34]

Right l’m putting myself out there on 10:09 - Aug 20 with 348 viewsonehunglow

Panic no but a case of not being sucked in to a possible impossible dream.

Martin has convinced our Board to sign him.Looking at their history of bad calls I am not too confident myself.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024