Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales and Climate change 21:51 - Aug 18 with 2694 viewsFlashberryjack

Gas boilers will be abandoned in Wales with no-one using one by 2030, Wales' climate change minister Julie James has said.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Wales and Climate change on 22:07 - Aug 18 with 2098 viewsBoundy

Glad I've got massive wood burning stove and fire pit then ,

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Wales and Climate change on 22:20 - Aug 18 with 2085 viewsmajorraglan

Cant see it to be honest. It’s very aspirational and can’t be done without significant resource input from Westminster, who may not buy in to this. Electric cars is one thing, but I wouldn’t have thought the National Grid could cope with cars, heating and general use without major investment.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 21:53]
Wales and Climate change on 22:50 - Aug 18 with 2068 viewsKilkennyjack

Wales and Climate change on 22:20 - Aug 18 by majorraglan

Cant see it to be honest. It’s very aspirational and can’t be done without significant resource input from Westminster, who may not buy in to this. Electric cars is one thing, but I wouldn’t have thought the National Grid could cope with cars, heating and general use without major investment.

Well on this one …. there is the cost of dealing with all the floods, fires and storms vs the cost of changing the way we all live to stop these acts of nature.

There is a cost to all this - and we cant duck it even if we wanted to.

Beware of the Risen People

Wales and Climate change on 22:52 - Aug 18 with 2070 viewscontroversial_jack

What are we getting instead of gas boilers? Heat pumps are too expensive and separate hot water tanks are need so i believe.
Wales and Climate change on 23:03 - Aug 18 with 2057 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

We need a coordinated approach on these matters or we will end up with failed policies, cars, boilers, woodburners etc.

My guess is this will end up in an unaffordable mess with costs pushed down to householders.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Wales and Climate change on 23:27 - Aug 18 with 2051 viewsCatullus

Wales and Climate change on 22:52 - Aug 18 by controversial_jack

What are we getting instead of gas boilers? Heat pumps are too expensive and separate hot water tanks are need so i believe.

A water tank needed eh, tht's ok then, we moved in here 22 months agoand it still has an emersion tank and back boiler. We were going to get a Combi but as long as this old thing is still working ok there's no poiint. Wait til 2030 and see what the Senedd does. Getting a Combi here would be quite expensive apparently. We asked about a grant but they weren't giving them to replace back boilers because it's more expensive.

All of that above is probably pointless, this idea will probably not be realised for much longer. The cost of it and the organisation needed, the Senedd won't do it. Not unless a lot changes there in the next few years.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Wales and Climate change on 23:32 - Aug 18 with 2045 viewsmax936

Hydrogen is far more dangerous mind.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Wales and Climate change on 23:35 - Aug 18 with 2041 viewsmax936

Some new housing estates if not all are gas free now, economy 7 and economy 10 Tarrifs rule.

Login to get fewer ads

Wales and Climate change on 23:36 - Aug 18 with 2039 viewsmax936

Wales and Climate change on 23:03 - Aug 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

We need a coordinated approach on these matters or we will end up with failed policies, cars, boilers, woodburners etc.

My guess is this will end up in an unaffordable mess with costs pushed down to householders.

Nothing new there then,

Wales and Climate change on 23:42 - Aug 18 with 2036 viewsmax936

Wales and Climate change on 23:27 - Aug 18 by Catullus

A water tank needed eh, tht's ok then, we moved in here 22 months agoand it still has an emersion tank and back boiler. We were going to get a Combi but as long as this old thing is still working ok there's no poiint. Wait til 2030 and see what the Senedd does. Getting a Combi here would be quite expensive apparently. We asked about a grant but they weren't giving them to replace back boilers because it's more expensive.

All of that above is probably pointless, this idea will probably not be realised for much longer. The cost of it and the organisation needed, the Senedd won't do it. Not unless a lot changes there in the next few years.

Just keep that back boiler regularly serviced and it’ll be fine for a few more yrds or more, worse thing l ever did was to rip ours out and fit a combi, IMO
Problem arises when you can’t get parts, take a photo of the data badge on boiler and search internet for parts, don’t get fobbed off, by gas fitters saying parts are now obsolete, most are not, trust me.

Wales and Climate change on 08:36 - Aug 19 with 1942 viewsDr_Winston

I just had a brand new combi boiler installed, so unless the WG wants to buy me a new electric one they can piss off.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wales and Climate change on 09:40 - Aug 19 with 1918 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Wales and Climate change on 08:36 - Aug 19 by Dr_Winston

I just had a brand new combi boiler installed, so unless the WG wants to buy me a new electric one they can piss off.

Having read the interview with Julie James, it appears that there is no clear strategy or plan. If she's looking at decarbonisation of the supply then that means the whole of the national grid.

I think you boiler looks secure.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Wales and Climate change on 10:19 - Aug 19 with 1901 viewsBoundy

Wales and Climate change on 09:40 - Aug 19 by JACKMANANDBOY

Having read the interview with Julie James, it appears that there is no clear strategy or plan. If she's looking at decarbonisation of the supply then that means the whole of the national grid.

I think you boiler looks secure.

no plan now there's a surprise, just more sound bites to appease those who were dull enough to vote for them . PS my neighbours car's still parked half on and off the pavement

Wales and Climate change on 10:25 - Aug 19 with 1893 viewsmajorraglan

I think most people accept the climate is changing and that mankind needs to make changes - Wales needs to do its bit and we can do more, but in reality Wales is a small place in the grand scheme of things and there are countries out there who are much further behind us and have a lot to do to catch up with us.
Wales and Climate change on 11:06 - Aug 19 with 1869 viewsCatullus

Wales and Climate change on 23:42 - Aug 18 by max936

Just keep that back boiler regularly serviced and it’ll be fine for a few more yrds or more, worse thing l ever did was to rip ours out and fit a combi, IMO
Problem arises when you can’t get parts, take a photo of the data badge on boiler and search internet for parts, don’t get fobbed off, by gas fitters saying parts are now obsolete, most are not, trust me.

Thanks Max. I have a friend who services our boiler so I won't get ripped off but you always have to be careful.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Wales and Climate change on 12:24 - Aug 19 with 1855 viewscontroversial_jack

Wales and Climate change on 10:25 - Aug 19 by majorraglan

I think most people accept the climate is changing and that mankind needs to make changes - Wales needs to do its bit and we can do more, but in reality Wales is a small place in the grand scheme of things and there are countries out there who are much further behind us and have a lot to do to catch up with us.

I don't accept it. It's a load of nonsense.
Wales and Climate change on 15:00 - Aug 19 with 1817 viewsWhiterockin

We do not have the infrastructure to provide enough electricity to supply what we have and electric cars. This is not well thought out if they think we can heat our homes and businesses as well within 9 years.

Never mind if every person in Wales plants 30 trees each we will be fine.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/welsh-government-tree-planting-clima
Wales and Climate change on 15:16 - Aug 19 with 1803 viewsonehunglow

Not much sign of much warming here of late

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Wales and Climate change on 18:58 - Aug 19 with 1747 viewsCatullus

Wales and Climate change on 12:24 - Aug 19 by controversial_jack

Maybe ask the Greeks or Turks who have lost everything to these unprecendented fires?

Maybe ask the experts who tell us we are destroying habitats and pushing creatures towards extinction at an alarming rate. The Bees, if they go extinct we are screwed and man made pesticides are killing them off. Ask the birds that used to live in the thousands of miles of hedgrows that have ripped up for industrial farming. Take a swim in the expanding dead zones cuased by agricultural run off into the sea, there's a big one in the Baltic. Sharks and Whales, all in serious decline and they are top of their food chain, we are destroying them.

The world needs to be in balance and we have knocked it off balance. Deny it all you like but it's our kids and grandkids who will have to live with the consequences.

Wales and Climate change on 19:42 - Aug 19 with 1727 viewsFlashberryjack

Wales and Climate change on 22:07 - Aug 18 by Boundy

Glad I've got massive wood burning stove and fire pit then ,

New laws could see burning traditional house coal banned entirely in Wales within two years.

The Welsh Government also wants the sale of wet wood for home fires to be heavily restricted in a bid to tackle air pollution.

The proposals are part of a consultation published alongside plans for a new clean air law for Wales.

Only the most efficient and least polluting wood burning stoves could soon be available to buy and install.

Under the proposed Clean Air Bill in Wales, new air quality targets would be set by ministers and a requirement for a review of plans to tackle air pollution every five years.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Wales and Climate change on 19:55 - Aug 19 with 1717 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Wales and Climate change on 18:58 - Aug 19 by Catullus

Maybe ask the Greeks or Turks who have lost everything to these unprecendented fires?

Maybe ask the experts who tell us we are destroying habitats and pushing creatures towards extinction at an alarming rate. The Bees, if they go extinct we are screwed and man made pesticides are killing them off. Ask the birds that used to live in the thousands of miles of hedgrows that have ripped up for industrial farming. Take a swim in the expanding dead zones cuased by agricultural run off into the sea, there's a big one in the Baltic. Sharks and Whales, all in serious decline and they are top of their food chain, we are destroying them.

The world needs to be in balance and we have knocked it off balance. Deny it all you like but it's our kids and grandkids who will have to live with the consequences.

And you just confirmed exactly what he said.
Wales and Climate change on 20:57 - Aug 19 with 1690 viewsScotia

Wales and Climate change on 12:24 - Aug 19 by controversial_jack

Just like the vaccines don't work?
Wales and Climate change on 21:04 - Aug 19 with 1684 viewsBarrySwan

Wales and Climate change on 22:52 - Aug 18 by controversial_jack

And don't really work to any great degree anyway.

Never mind....... the virtue signalling politicians spouting this nonsense will be able to afford to heat their homes while the rest of us freeze.
Wales and Climate change on 21:38 - Aug 19 with 1667 viewsBoundy

Wales and Climate change on 19:42 - Aug 19 by Flashberryjack

New laws could see burning traditional house coal banned entirely in Wales within two years.

The Welsh Government also wants the sale of wet wood for home fires to be heavily restricted in a bid to tackle air pollution.

The proposals are part of a consultation published alongside plans for a new clean air law for Wales.

Only the most efficient and least polluting wood burning stoves could soon be available to buy and install.

Under the proposed Clean Air Bill in Wales, new air quality targets would be set by ministers and a requirement for a review of plans to tackle air pollution every five years.

Thanks for the info, I was being sarcastic but you weren't to know . I do have a stove though

Wales and Climate change on 23:00 - Aug 19 with 1627 viewsbuilthjack

Wear a few more layers.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024