Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could standing places be implemented at our stadium? 19:06 - Aug 31 with 1921 viewsjackrmee

Standing will be allowed in the Prem and Championship.

Is it possible at our ground?
If so, how might it work?

https://www.thestadiumbusiness.com/2021/08/31/government-set-to-lift-standing-ba

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Could standing places be implemented at our stadium? on 21:05 - Aug 31 with 1873 viewsCatullus

It's certainly possible and why not? We could use the German model which has proved both safe and popular,

https://www.dw.com/en/how-does-safe-standing-work-in-germany/a-47328501

It could increase our capacity by 20-25% which is all we'd need. I'm sure plenty of people would like to return to terracing.

On the other hand I'm sure some will say it shouldn't happen!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Could standing places be implemented at our stadium? on 21:16 - Aug 31 with 1848 viewsbuilthjack

Could standing places be implemented at our stadium? on 21:05 - Aug 31 by Catullus

It's certainly possible and why not? We could use the German model which has proved both safe and popular,

https://www.dw.com/en/how-does-safe-standing-work-in-germany/a-47328501

It could increase our capacity by 20-25% which is all we'd need. I'm sure plenty of people would like to return to terracing.

On the other hand I'm sure some will say it shouldn't happen!

Bayern's capacity only increases by 4.5% when standing is implemented.
Based on that, our capacity would increase by about 900.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Could standing places be implemented at our stadium? on 21:20 - Aug 31 with 1839 viewsjackrmee

Could standing places be implemented at our stadium? on 21:16 - Aug 31 by builthjack

From pictures I've seen, it jsut looks like they've put a metal bannister in front of the seats so people don't fall over into the next row. Doesn't seem like they've removed the seating and made an actual terrace.
Looks pretty pointless. Unless I'm missing something?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Could standing places be implemented at our stadium? on 21:21 - Aug 31 with 1837 viewsbuilthjack

Could standing places be implemented at our stadium? on 21:20 - Aug 31 by jackrmee

From pictures I've seen, it jsut looks like they've put a metal bannister in front of the seats so people don't fall over into the next row. Doesn't seem like they've removed the seating and made an actual terrace.
Looks pretty pointless. Unless I'm missing something?

European games have to be all seater.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Could standing places be implemented at our stadium? on 21:23 - Aug 31 with 1834 viewsCatullus

Could standing places be implemented at our stadium? on 21:16 - Aug 31 by builthjack

Borrusia Dortmunds goes from 65000 to 81000, nearly 25%.

Bayern get an extra 5000 in but maybe that's all the demand they have?

I can't say with certainty we'd have 5000 wanting to stand but we'd need to do the consultation and see what the fans wanted, what was possible.
I'm fairly certain the owners would prefer the idea of safe standing costs to increase capacity comared to building a whole new tier on the stand.

It's a moot point unless we get promoted anyway. There won't be many games where we'd need extra capacity right now. Depending on how the season goes anyway.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 21:46]

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Could standing places be implemented at our stadium? on 21:26 - Aug 31 with 1827 viewsbuilthjack

Could standing places be implemented at our stadium? on 21:23 - Aug 31 by Catullus

Borrusia Dortmunds goes from 65000 to 81000, nearly 25%.

Bayern get an extra 5000 in but maybe that's all the demand they have?

I can't say with certainty we'd have 5000 wanting to stand but we'd need to do the consultation and see what the fans wanted, what was possible.
I'm fairly certain the owners would prefer the idea of safe standing costs to increase capacity comared to building a whole new tier on the stand.

It's a moot point unless we get promoted anyway. There won't be many games where we'd need extra capacity right now. Depending on how the season goes anyway.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 21:46]

The left half of the east stand would most likely be converted if allowed.
They stand anyway, so would be safer with a barrier.

Could standing places be implemented at our stadium? on 21:41 - Aug 31 with 1807 viewsjackrmee

Could standing places be implemented at our stadium? on 21:21 - Aug 31 by builthjack

European games have to be all seater.

Ah right. SO that wouldn't apply to us then.
If it happened, they'd just take a load of seats out from one stand and chuck some terraces in, like they used to have in North Bank?

Could standing places be implemented at our stadium? on 21:44 - Aug 31 with 1800 viewsbuilthjack

Could standing places be implemented at our stadium? on 21:41 - Aug 31 by jackrmee

Ah right. SO that wouldn't apply to us then.
If it happened, they'd just take a load of seats out from one stand and chuck some terraces in, like they used to have in North Bank?

It would surely have to be safe standing, so a barrier instead of seats.
The old terraces just had the odd barrier scattered about the place.

Login to get fewer ads

Could standing places be implemented at our stadium? on 21:51 - Aug 31 with 1785 viewsCatullus

Could standing places be implemented at our stadium? on 21:26 - Aug 31 by builthjack

The left half of the east stand would most likely be converted if allowed.
They stand anyway, so would be safer with a barrier.

I reckon they'd have to make the lower tier safe standing. By the German model you have to have seperate entrances for each block so you can monitor the numbers entering.

The whole East lower tier could do it but to significantly increase capacity it would to go to other stands too. Put it across the away end and split it down the middle?

I don't see it happening mind, even though I think it's possible.

If the Premier league did it, imagine Old Trafford with the lower tier safe standing and another 9-10,000 on the capacity, maybe more! Would they make the Kop at Anfield safe standing? They'd love that up there.

Could standing places be implemented at our stadium? on 21:54 - Aug 31 with 1782 viewsjackrmee

Could standing places be implemented at our stadium? on 21:44 - Aug 31 by builthjack

It would surely have to be safe standing, so a barrier instead of seats.
The old terraces just had the odd barrier scattered about the place.

Difficult to imagine, after only seeing one type of terracing.

Could standing places be implemented at our stadium? on 22:03 - Aug 31 with 1772 viewsCatullus

Again in Germany, I think every row has a barrier with the seats attached to it but the row is split/blocked off halfway across the block so numbers are manageable. So one row (well half of it) can seat 15 people but have 18-20 standing

Could standing places be implemented at our stadium? on 22:19 - Aug 31 with 1756 viewsWalterBoyd

It's as good as standing places in the a third of the East Stand as it is now, so not sure it would make much difference.
Could standing places be implemented at our stadium? on 23:04 - Aug 31 with 1731 viewsCatullus

Could standing places be implemented at our stadium? on 22:19 - Aug 31 by WalterBoyd

It's as good as standing places in the a third of the East Stand as it is now, so not sure it would make much difference.

It's still only one person for one seat though, safe standing could increase that ratio to 5 people for 4 seats or maybe even 5 for 3 seats.

Could standing places be implemented at our stadium? on 23:47 - Aug 31 with 1716 viewsWalterBoyd

Could standing places be implemented at our stadium? on 23:04 - Aug 31 by Catullus

It's still only one person for one seat though, safe standing could increase that ratio to 5 people for 4 seats or maybe even 5 for 3 seats.

I really dont see that as a game changer, perhaps I am wrong.

I am in the East stand and dont ever hear fans moaning about how better it would be if we stood up, when they are already standing.

I understand that the extra fans who wè could fit in by all standing would increase capacity by a smidgen, but it would take too long to teach the plastics the words to the songs and explain that we will sand on the north bank until the day we die or move to landore.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024