Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The yanks and Winter 08:37 - Sep 1 with 1815 viewsmagicdaps10

Yanks have let the club down again and Winter seems to be poor at sorting deals out especially fees for outgoing.

Oh to have Trevor Birch!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The yanks and Winter on 09:00 - Sep 1 with 1384 viewsQJumpingJack

5 years ago....

The yanks and Winter on 23:58 - Sep 1 with 1236 viewsGeoffThom

Oh god don't have a go at winter you'll be hanging next to me
The yanks and Winter on 13:26 - Sep 2 with 1133 viewsReslovenSwan1

The headline could read, "Levien and the saison" I suppose. The defferential Anglophone Welshmen on here would never allow it.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 15:31]

Wise sage since Toshack era

The yanks and Winter on 14:08 - Sep 2 with 1088 viewsBadlands

New manager gets the players he's asked for (apparently)
Instead of ridiculously expensive loans we have mainly bought players who will be with us for more than a season or can be sold.
Unfortunately Mbeppe and Ronaldo went elsewhere.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The yanks and Winter on 15:34 - Sep 2 with 1008 viewsReslovenSwan1

The yanks and Winter on 14:08 - Sep 2 by Badlands

Instead of ridiculously expensive loans we have mainly bought players who will be with us for more than a season or can be sold.

Until Grimes, Bidwell,, Dhanda and co sign new deals they can be considered no more long term than the loans of Williams R. and Liard assuming they have no recall clauses.

The yanks and Winter on 15:45 - Sep 2 with 989 viewsjasper_T

Be interesting to see who gets credited/blamed for each new player a few months from now. Looks at the moment like Russell Martin, Andy Scott and Mark Allen each bought in a midfielder they liked (Downes, Walsh, Ntcham) for a now-overstocked area of the pitch.

Laird clearly Martin's man, but Obafemi was a serious target before Russell was a twinkle in Swansea City's eye.
The yanks and Winter on 15:59 - Sep 2 with 976 viewsdobjack2

The yanks and Winter on 15:45 - Sep 2 by jasper_T

Be interesting to see who gets credited/blamed for each new player a few months from now. Looks at the moment like Russell Martin, Andy Scott and Mark Allen each bought in a midfielder they liked (Downes, Walsh, Ntcham) for a now-overstocked area of the pitch.

Laird clearly Martin's man, but Obafemi was a serious target before Russell was a twinkle in Swansea City's eye.

That’s a very interesting point and if and when everyone is fit it will be interesting to see how we line up in midfield.

Piroe obviously not Martins man, any idea who would have been behind him? Similarly Williams as we still look a little unbalanced on the left of the defence?
The yanks and Winter on 16:33 - Sep 2 with 957 viewsReslovenSwan1

The yanks and Winter on 15:45 - Sep 2 by jasper_T

This old chestnut is a favourite for Swansea fans. Its a team effort and basically Martin carries the can for them all. If he cannot get a song for Ntcham he will lose his job.

Guidolin did not pick Fer or Borja but chose Llorente. It was not enough to save his job or Bradley's but it save Clement's neck as Llorente and Siggurdson clicked.

Problems come when managers do not accept strongly recommended players. Cooper was sniffy about two full US internationals. Goykeres is doing fine for Coventry but was not shown enough patience perhaps. If the manager sends out signals of discontent he might has well pack his bags. Like in cricket he has to play a straight bat.

"I was not given a no 9"
"I will not get elite loans"
"Grimesy will be sold against my will".

Did he actually say any of these things?. All in my great poem.

Login to get fewer ads

The yanks and Winter on 16:56 - Sep 2 with 941 viewsCatullus

The yanks and Winter on 13:26 - Sep 2 by ReslovenSwan1

The headline could read, "Levien and the saison" I suppose. The defferential Anglophone Welshmen on here would never allow it.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 15:31]

Saison? is that season or a Belgian pale ale?..... deferential anglophone.....sounds quite anti English to me.

Obviously you know Keih will allow anything that doesn't break the rules so name the 'deferential anglophones' and lets see who you accuse?

Speaking English doesn't make you deferential though, does it? Anymore more than speaking French makes you a deferential Francophile or speaking Spanish...well you get my drift.

What the owners and Winter have done, well we'll see how it goes. Maybe we should be having a go at Martin for being English too? It's all very xenophobic.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The yanks and Winter on 16:59 - Sep 2 with 924 viewsonehunglow

The yanks and Winter on 16:56 - Sep 2 by Catullus

Saison? is that season or a Belgian pale ale?..... deferential anglophone.....sounds quite anti English to me.

Obviously you know Keih will allow anything that doesn't break the rules so name the 'deferential anglophones' and lets see who you accuse?

Speaking English doesn't make you deferential though, does it? Anymore more than speaking French makes you a deferential Francophile or speaking Spanish...well you get my drift.

What the owners and Winter have done, well we'll see how it goes. Maybe we should be having a go at Martin for being English too? It's all very xenophobic.

Now now,Walonia is only half of Belgium .What about the Flemish peaking people of Flanders ,mun

Equality pour tout

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The yanks and Winter on 17:17 - Sep 2 with 930 viewsReslovenSwan1

The yanks and Winter on 16:56 - Sep 2 by Catullus

It does not matter how something sounds to you. Its irrelevant.

Deferential means showing respect to something. Many people including myself are 'deferential anglophones'. Some however will not accept any slang word for English people. I use the word Sais a Scot might use the word Sassanach both of which derive from the word Saxon. 'Accusing' someone of being 'deferential' makes no sense.

If the word 'Yank 'is OK then surely I can use the word 'Sais'. Martin and Winter are 'Sais'. Levien and Silverstein are 'Yankees'. If Keith bans the word Sais I will have to accept it. It is his site. It just needs explaining. Swansea city is a US / Welsh owned organisation. The Sais are not involved in the ownership structure of the club but form a major part of the management group. Martin was part Jock and played for Scotland.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 17:21]

The yanks and Winter on 17:20 - Sep 2 with 927 viewsCatullus

The yanks and Winter on 16:59 - Sep 2 by onehunglow

Now now,Walonia is only half of Belgium .What about the Flemish peaking people of Flanders ,mun

Equality pour tout

The Saison Dupont brewery is in Wallonia though! I'm sure the Flemish speaking will be allowed to buy it though.

I'm more of a Stella Artois person myself, that's from Leuven if you've a hankering for Flemish.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The yanks and Winter on 17:23 - Sep 2 with 921 viewsReslovenSwan1

The yanks and Winter on 17:20 - Sep 2 by Catullus

The Saison Dupont brewery is in Wallonia though! I'm sure the Flemish speaking will be allowed to buy it though.

I'm more of a Stella Artois person myself, that's from Leuven if you've a hankering for Flemish.

Saison Dupont. The Saison may derive from the word Saxony in Germany. Dupont are a nasty US chemical firm.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 18:30]

The yanks and Winter on 17:28 - Sep 2 with 901 viewsonehunglow

The yanks and Winter on 17:20 - Sep 2 by Catullus

Look ,we have a Belgian bar here in Hoylake,The Trappist House".

Google it.

Come here and I will buy you Lunch and 9% Duvall and others the Monks have made-bless em.

The yanks and Winter on 17:32 - Sep 2 with 910 viewsReslovenSwan1

The yanks and Winter on 17:28 - Sep 2 by onehunglow

Look ,we have a Belgian bar here in Hoylake,The Trappist House".

Google it.

Come here and I will buy you Lunch and 9% Duvall and others the Monks have made-bless em.

It comes from 'Biere du Saison' beer of the season. Long time since I studied any French. No links to the US Chemical monster Dupont.

The yanks and Winter on 17:35 - Sep 2 with 906 viewsChief

How 'ridiculously expensive' do you suggest were then?

Presumably you're counting Morris and Arriola in that total statement too?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The yanks and Winter on 17:40 - Sep 2 with 885 viewsonehunglow

The yanks and Winter on 17:32 - Sep 2 by ReslovenSwan1

It comes from 'Biere du Saison' beer of the season. Long time since I studied any French. No links to the US Chemical monster Dupont.

Dupont and the Parkersburg water scandal .

See the film "The Conversation". sStaggering and sickening corruption and negligence

The yanks and Winter on 17:40 - Sep 2 with 898 viewsChief

The yanks and Winter on 16:33 - Sep 2 by ReslovenSwan1

This old chestnut is a favourite for Swansea fans. Its a team effort and basically Martin carries the can for them all. If he cannot get a song for Ntcham he will lose his job.

Guidolin did not pick Fer or Borja but chose Llorente. It was not enough to save his job or Bradley's but it save Clement's neck as Llorente and Siggurdson clicked.

Problems come when managers do not accept strongly recommended players. Cooper was sniffy about two full US internationals. Goykeres is doing fine for Coventry but was not shown enough patience perhaps. If the manager sends out signals of discontent he might has well pack his bags. Like in cricket he has to play a straight bat.

"I was not given a no 9"
"I will not get elite loans"
"Grimesy will be sold against my will".

Did he actually say any of these things?. All in my great poem.

Haha so managers have to carry the can.....

But they they have to 'accept' 'strongkly recommended' players'!? I'm sorry I thought the narrative was that the manager had the last say!?

Ps the two players you're primarily referring to were crocked duds who would have weakened the team had they been used more. No manager should ever be put in that position and then be expected to 'carry the can'. Don't be so ridiculous.

The yanks and Winter on 18:17 - Sep 2 with 860 viewsReslovenSwan1

The yanks and Winter on 17:40 - Sep 2 by Chief

Haha so managers have to carry the can.....

But they they have to 'accept' 'strongkly recommended' players'!? I'm sorry I thought the narrative was that the manager had the last say!?

Ps the two players you're primarily referring to were crocked duds who would have weakened the team had they been used more. No manager should ever be put in that position and then be expected to 'carry the can'. Don't be so ridiculous.

The two players dd not arrive as "crocked duds". Cooper played one of them quite a bit.

Managers always carry the can and accept the credit when things go well. If Swansea do not perform Martin will be sacked Allen and Scott will carry on as usual. Martin is the one on big bucks.

Monk signed Fat Franck and Eder. Monk gets no credit on here. He is a 'useless manager' on here no one cares that he lost Bony and got Eder. He bit his lip. He did not need to say anything FT was appalling.

It just how the system works. It is part of diplomacy and networking. Cooper could have picked up the phone and told Jason Levien exactly what he wanted and did not want.

Martin is signed up for Ntcham Obafemi and Williams and has to trust the team around him. He is playing Piroe after initial doubts. They get on board the ship and if it sinks Martin goes down with it or at least is last on the lifeboat.

Williams is Martin, Obafemi is Scott and Ntcham is Allen is idle chatter. They are all Martin. Martin could have done a Villas Boas but has not. He has not pressed the ejector so must fly the plane.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 18:19]

The yanks and Winter on 18:25 - Sep 2 with 846 viewsReslovenSwan1

The yanks and Winter on 17:40 - Sep 2 by onehunglow

Dupont and the Parkersburg water scandal .

See the film "The Conversation". sStaggering and sickening corruption and negligence

Dow chemicals took over Union Carbide that killed a large number of Indian citizens at Bhopal. Compensation for Indian citizen with family loses and life changing injuries were long winded and not very generous after a low ball agreement with the Indian government. It leaves a bad smell.

The risk assessment for the Dow Barry plant would be an interesting read. Chemical plants are usually on far flung industrial estates not the centre of town. Dow and Dupont have recently merged.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 18:36]

The yanks and Winter on 18:39 - Sep 2 with 816 viewscontroversial_jack

The yanks and Winter on 18:25 - Sep 2 by ReslovenSwan1

Dow chemicals took over Union Carbide that killed a large number of Indian citizens at Bhopal. Compensation for Indian citizen with family loses and life changing injuries were long winded and not very generous after a low ball agreement with the Indian government. It leaves a bad smell.

The risk assessment for the Dow Barry plant would be an interesting read. Chemical plants are usually on far flung industrial estates not the centre of town. Dow and Dupont have recently merged.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 18:36]

I worked there for many year and they are very strict on procedures, paper work etc. However, they are running it well below it's safe manpower limits and putting pressure on the plant operators to work all the hours given. It's working practices are well behind that of comparable British and European companies.

I wouldn't like to be a resident of Barry .
The yanks and Winter on 19:35 - Sep 2 with 772 viewsChief

The yanks and Winter on 18:17 - Sep 2 by ReslovenSwan1

The two players dd not arrive as "crocked duds". Cooper played one of them quite a bit.

Managers always carry the can and accept the credit when things go well. If Swansea do not perform Martin will be sacked Allen and Scott will carry on as usual. Martin is the one on big bucks.

Monk signed Fat Franck and Eder. Monk gets no credit on here. He is a 'useless manager' on here no one cares that he lost Bony and got Eder. He bit his lip. He did not need to say anything FT was appalling.

It just how the system works. It is part of diplomacy and networking. Cooper could have picked up the phone and told Jason Levien exactly what he wanted and did not want.

Martin is signed up for Ntcham Obafemi and Williams and has to trust the team around him. He is playing Piroe after initial doubts. They get on board the ship and if it sinks Martin goes down with it or at least is last on the lifeboat.

Williams is Martin, Obafemi is Scott and Ntcham is Allen is idle chatter. They are all Martin. Martin could have done a Villas Boas but has not. He has not pressed the ejector so must fly the plane.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 18:19]

YBoth got injured within 5 weeks of arriving, 1 not having played in over a year following a very serious injury. It was clear for everyone to see apart from your Yankee blinkered eyes that neither were match fit. Cooper played one quite a bit - invalidates your point then doesn't it.

Irrelevant. Doesn't mean the manager should be forced to play players who they deem not deserving of a place.

And Monk barely played Eder, upon learning quickly that he wasn't up to it. What's your point?

And Levein could have picked up the phone and asked Cooper too. Seeing as he's the bloke on the touchline every game&sees the players everyday in training as opposed to someone sitting in a mansion over the Atlantic. Just a thought.

How do you know Martin is signed up to them? Obafemi is obviously primarily a club choice and Ntcham was signed to add to the other 9 central midfielders at the club by Allen.

He should be under absolutely no pressure to play any of these players. If he does play them and results remain poor for a sustained period he'll be sacked anyway, so your point is completely illogical and moot anyway.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 19:49]

The yanks and Winter on 20:13 - Sep 2 with 733 viewsBadlands

The yanks and Winter on 15:34 - Sep 2 by ReslovenSwan1

Until Grimes, Bidwell,, Dhanda and co sign new deals they can be considered no more long term than the loans of Williams R. and Liard assuming they have no recall clauses.

Fair enough
All our players are itching to leave, 61% of our owners should have bankrupted themselves (and break fa financial rules while the %39 offer nothing but hey ho!
All the players are equivalent of on loan because they they can run down contracts.
None of our last year of contracts have not been offered extensions apart from those who have.
And of course Winter and the Yanks are creaming off £millions while Martin is writing his resignation letter because Sala and Kane didn’t sign.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 20:15]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The yanks and Winter on 20:34 - Sep 2 with 721 viewsmax936

Hell of a thread this one, crack on all, Im just getting the popcorn

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The yanks and Winter on 20:41 - Sep 2 with 707 viewsReslovenSwan1

The yanks and Winter on 20:13 - Sep 2 by Badlands

Fair enough
All our players are itching to leave, 61% of our owners should have bankrupted themselves (and break fa financial rules while the %39 offer nothing but hey ho!
All the players are equivalent of on loan because they they can run down contracts.
None of our last year of contracts have not been offered extensions apart from those who have.
And of course Winter and the Yanks are creaming off £millions while Martin is writing his resignation letter because Sala and Kane didn’t sign.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 20:15]

A bit of housekeeping.

Do you mean 69% US owned and 31% Welsh owned?. I must admit a respect for the Swansea.com owner who took money out (selling shares he bought) but is putting £1m back in to fill a sponsorship black hole.

A double negative in your post? Have Dhanda, Bidwell, Naughton, Hamer all been offered contracts?

Dhanda, Bidwell have no takers and presumably will walk away next summer. I am sure both are good pros. Dhanda may be motivated to fight hard for a new deal if he takes to the clean Swansea air and Martin style of play.

Naughton is confident in his own ability and can certainly roll from year to year and take a view around May. He must have more than a few bob in the bank and like Routledge take a pretty chilled approach to things. Hamer is a goal keeper so I am unable to second guess.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024