Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now we have all had time to settle and reflect 17:05 - Sep 2 with 2337 viewsKeithHaynes

The losses of Roberts and Lowe.
Are they that impactive ? Lowe for me, no. Roberts is a huge loss his pace and strength are hard to beat. But will he be in a 442 or get the chance to be the wing back he loves to be ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 17:12 - Sep 2 with 1907 viewsonehunglow

Lowe.Hardly
Roberts,yeah,a class act and Laird is just a loan so it's a position we need to fill permanently.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 17:12 - Sep 2 with 1921 viewsCatullus

I'll miss Roberts more, I think we have succesfully replaced Lowe, could be wrong.

If Burnley have bought Roberts only to not use him as a WB, what a waste. Like When Man Citeh bought Bony, why buy these players when they don't fit your team style or formation?

People moan that with Lowe we lost 14 goals but those were last season and I also remember lots of chnaces to shoot spurned and lots of misses that should have been goals. My great hope is that Obafemi and Piroe form a brilliant pair and scare the life out of defences.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 17:17 - Sep 2 with 1894 viewsonehunglow

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 17:12 - Sep 2 by Catullus

I'll miss Roberts more, I think we have succesfully replaced Lowe, could be wrong.

If Burnley have bought Roberts only to not use him as a WB, what a waste. Like When Man Citeh bought Bony, why buy these players when they don't fit your team style or formation?

People moan that with Lowe we lost 14 goals but those were last season and I also remember lots of chnaces to shoot spurned and lots of misses that should have been goals. My great hope is that Obafemi and Piroe form a brilliant pair and scare the life out of defences.

Piroe WILL score. No doubt about that.
It is all about playing football in the right areas,defending solidly and not being afraid to clear the bluddy ball so that Benda isnt smothered by attacking players before he can clear the ball.

We need to bench Grimes if Walsh come back from sickness/injury and let him sulk if he wants until January.

We get Mikey into the game and we prosper and also if we can make Froggy feel at him.

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 20:12 - Sep 2 with 1766 viewsswan65split

Roberts for me is the greater loss, though he slipped at times, he had more to offer, Lowe was hot and cold, with a poor first touch, has the ability to produce pure magic, and also perhaps fail to bring the rabbit out of the hat.
Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 20:16 - Sep 2 with 1762 viewsmax936

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 17:12 - Sep 2 by Catullus

Got to have someone with guile and the vision to feed them both though, Ntcham perhaps, think he may take a while to find his fitness and feet though, I'm happy he's here, but if he's not ready to rock and a roll another similar player should have been brought in.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 21:46]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 20:22 - Sep 2 with 1755 viewsmax936

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 20:12 - Sep 2 by swan65split

Roberts for me is the greater loss, though he slipped at times, he had more to offer, Lowe was hot and cold, with a poor first touch, has the ability to produce pure magic, and also perhaps fail to bring the rabbit out of the hat.

We could well miss both, Lowe did have trouble with finding his feet though and many times when he was in decent position's, he's a good player though lets not kid ourselves he's not.

Connor has the potential to be class, got the desire, workrate and the pace, not sure Burnley are the right club for him though, from a playing style at least.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 21:47]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 20:27 - Sep 2 with 1747 viewsFlashberryjack

Roberts definitely, Lowe ? who's he ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 20:45 - Sep 2 with 1720 viewsjasper_T

Lowe was a streaky player last season, but 14 goals is 14 goals. Only 9 players in the division bettered that last season, and Ayew only did so including penalties. We're banking on Obafemi both staying fit (something Lowe has never had problems with) and matching that tally.

Roberts is a big loss. A 90 minute player, scored goals, set them up, last season he was even on set pieces duties (not just the long throws). Easy to get overexcited about a Man Utd badge, Laird has big shoes to fill and so far only shown flashes of what he might do. Roberts leaving also means we're likely stuck with Bidwell on the left as Laird won't be able to switch over.
Login to get fewer ads

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 20:47 - Sep 2 with 1718 viewsjack247

We didn’t get enough for Lowe, but then we seen to have got Obafemi very cheaply. Feels like we got a good deal but we won’t really know until Obafemi has played a few games.

Roberts, yes and no. Great player for us, but I think Laird will be equally good there. People will say we’ve only got him on loan and we’re developing him for Man Utd, but unless Connor was going to sign a new contract, recall clauses aside, being on loan and being in your final year are effectively the same thing.

Wish we had tied him down to a longer contract though.
Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 21:01 - Sep 2 with 1696 viewsReslovenSwan1

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 20:27 - Sep 2 by Flashberryjack

Roberts definitely, Lowe ? who's he ?

The local lads are often the first to go as we saw with Joey Allen. CR23 was offered a new contract and an opportunity to stay but chose to go elsewhere. It is not a position Swansea will have difficulty filling. Rushesha is earmarked once he recovers. Garrick is playing wing back for Plymouth and has all the physical attributes required. Big, tall strong and fast. Football brain instinct and desire we shall see. Can he head the ball? 40+ games with Plymouth would put him in the frame.

Lowe was sold too cheaply but that is part of the 'wheeler dealer' mantra. Make a sale and buy newer and better and do not spend to much time haggling and waiting for a better deal. Lowe is 27 but was always fit and available. Did he miss any game through injury?. Obafemi is 21 with one or two injuries on his CV.

Ntcham is a unit and can shift. It sounds as if he is up for the challenge. Just be mindful that if he pulls up trees he will not want to hang around in Swansea. He will be angling for a premier league club. I hope they have a put in a buy out clause and preferably a sell on clause. Take a look at his goal v Rangers he left the Rangers man treading water.

I was a little concerned at Scott's picks. Goykeres, Hourahaine, Manning, Bidwell, but Bidwell has proved himself, Manning is coming through and rated by Martin, Goykeres is performing OK at Coventry. Then there is Hourahaine.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 21:09 - Sep 2 with 1680 viewsBoundy

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 21:01 - Sep 2 by ReslovenSwan1

The local lads are often the first to go as we saw with Joey Allen. CR23 was offered a new contract and an opportunity to stay but chose to go elsewhere. It is not a position Swansea will have difficulty filling. Rushesha is earmarked once he recovers. Garrick is playing wing back for Plymouth and has all the physical attributes required. Big, tall strong and fast. Football brain instinct and desire we shall see. Can he head the ball? 40+ games with Plymouth would put him in the frame.

Lowe was sold too cheaply but that is part of the 'wheeler dealer' mantra. Make a sale and buy newer and better and do not spend to much time haggling and waiting for a better deal. Lowe is 27 but was always fit and available. Did he miss any game through injury?. Obafemi is 21 with one or two injuries on his CV.

Ntcham is a unit and can shift. It sounds as if he is up for the challenge. Just be mindful that if he pulls up trees he will not want to hang around in Swansea. He will be angling for a premier league club. I hope they have a put in a buy out clause and preferably a sell on clause. Take a look at his goal v Rangers he left the Rangers man treading water.

I was a little concerned at Scott's picks. Goykeres, Hourahaine, Manning, Bidwell, but Bidwell has proved himself, Manning is coming through and rated by Martin, Goykeres is performing OK at Coventry. Then there is Hourahaine.

"I was a little concerned at Scott's picks. Goykeres, Hourahaine, Manning, Bidwell, but Bidwell has proved himself, Manning is coming through and rated by Martin, Goykeres is performing OK at Coventry. Then there is Hourahaine."

Bidwell and Manning ( more so this season ) have proved reliable members of the squad .Goykeres is better off elsewhere as appears to be the case and nearly everyone was creaming themselves when Hourahaine became a Swans player and going on his past exploits rightly so imo , Scott wasn't to blame for the Irishman's failings that was down to the individual himself

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 07:56 - Sep 3 with 1462 viewsjackrmee

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 21:09 - Sep 2 by Boundy

"I was a little concerned at Scott's picks. Goykeres, Hourahaine, Manning, Bidwell, but Bidwell has proved himself, Manning is coming through and rated by Martin, Goykeres is performing OK at Coventry. Then there is Hourahaine."

Bidwell and Manning ( more so this season ) have proved reliable members of the squad .Goykeres is better off elsewhere as appears to be the case and nearly everyone was creaming themselves when Hourahaine became a Swans player and going on his past exploits rightly so imo , Scott wasn't to blame for the Irishman's failings that was down to the individual himself

Gyokeres was surely Coopers in his U17 team weren't he?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 08:27 - Sep 3 with 1432 viewsjacktar

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 07:56 - Sep 3 by jackrmee

Gyokeres was surely Coopers in his U17 team weren't he?

He plays for Sweden mun.

I think we will miss the threat of the long throw in that Connor gave us. Doesn't seem to be anyone else with that capability on the early showings. I may be wrong though, with any of the new signings able to stick in a long throw.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 09:14 - Sep 3 with 1385 viewsBadlands

Connor has his fans and he deserves them but to say he will be missed more than Lowe is a bit ... well ...silly.
Lowe infuriated with his inability to control the ball but 14 goals from a player out of position and not our main striker is impressive. As I've asked before, who was the last second highest scorer to net 14?
Roberts benefitted hugely from the change to wingback but imo he was stung by James' move and often turned on his own players. He wanted PL football and I think the two failures to gain promotion had far more to do with his departure than anything else. If we don't rise to the PL I get the feeling he is a player who will be back at some time.
Good luck to him and a huge thanks for years of service.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 09:20 - Sep 3 with 1379 viewsjackrmee

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 08:27 - Sep 3 by jacktar

He plays for Sweden mun.

I think we will miss the threat of the long throw in that Connor gave us. Doesn't seem to be anyone else with that capability on the early showings. I may be wrong though, with any of the new signings able to stick in a long throw.

Oh, yeah! Where the fk did I get that from I don't know haha

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 09:22 - Sep 3 with 1377 viewsjackrmee

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 09:14 - Sep 3 by Badlands

Connor has his fans and he deserves them but to say he will be missed more than Lowe is a bit ... well ...silly.
Lowe infuriated with his inability to control the ball but 14 goals from a player out of position and not our main striker is impressive. As I've asked before, who was the last second highest scorer to net 14?
Roberts benefitted hugely from the change to wingback but imo he was stung by James' move and often turned on his own players. He wanted PL football and I think the two failures to gain promotion had far more to do with his departure than anything else. If we don't rise to the PL I get the feeling he is a player who will be back at some time.

Definitely be missed more than Lowe for me.
No just because he's one of our own either.
Lowe had a good season last year, but Oba seems a definite upgrade.

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 10:31 - Sep 3 with 1326 viewsCatullus

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 09:14 - Sep 3 by Badlands

Oh come on, Lowe got 14 goals but no assists, Roberts got 5 goals and 7 assists. Lowe had many poor games, Roberts had hardly any.

I think the respective moves show who is the better rated player. Did any EPL teams show interests in Lowe?

I will miss Roberts more, its not just about goals, it's about over all contribution and I don't think anybody covered more ground than Connor.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 10:53 - Sep 3 with 1304 viewsonehunglow

Lowe was often anonymous.At Prestin,he seemed miles away -bit like the others really but he seems lacking in spirit sometimes but good luck to him but he is history now and maybe we should avoid talking of former employees as Russy will be eventually

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 13:01 - Sep 3 with 1220 viewsdobjack2

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 09:20 - Sep 3 by jackrmee

Oh, yeah! Where the fk did I get that from I don't know haha

In the back of my mind Gyokores played for Sweden U17 against Cooper’s team but could be well wrong.
Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 13:12 - Sep 3 with 1206 viewsjackrmee

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 13:01 - Sep 3 by dobjack2

In the back of my mind Gyokores played for Sweden U17 against Cooper’s team but could be well wrong.

Ah that maybe it. I was sure he was linked to Cooper's U17s in some way.

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 13:48 - Sep 3 with 1163 viewsvetchonian

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 13:12 - Sep 3 by jackrmee

Ah that maybe it. I was sure he was linked to Cooper's U17s in some way.

Well Rhys Williams along time ago was linked to Cooper too when Cooper was at the Liverpool acadamy!

ITs the obsession evryone has with Cooper 's loanees

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 15:31 - Sep 3 with 1093 viewsjasper_T

Gyokeres played against our u23s a few times and always looked dangerous.

Just watched Wales u18s play England (1-1) and was reminded just how far that level is from the senior game. There's players there on both sides that could be working in a supermarket when they're 21.
Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 16:08 - Sep 3 with 1073 viewsReslovenSwan1

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 15:31 - Sep 3 by jasper_T

Gyokeres played against our u23s a few times and always looked dangerous.

Just watched Wales u18s play England (1-1) and was reminded just how far that level is from the senior game. There's players there on both sides that could be working in a supermarket when they're 21.

I did not see the game i meant to watch it. I caught the first half of the u19 v Croatia and was quite impressed. The Croatians played out from the back efficiently at 19 but apparently it is too much of an ask for Swansea' s 26 year old seasoned pros. Harry Jones looked very tidey and fast.

I am always impressed when Welsh teams can hold the mighty English with their massive resources from their huge urban centres and first pick from the talented African particularly Nigerian community. When the Welsh talent pool is split we can usually expect a tonking

Twice they have played the English in the last year with 1 win and one draw. I would never question your knowledge but the previous English team included some huge prospects Shotirere Man Utd Barry Villa and another Villa guy with African heritage.

I expect Wales took an in your face approach which is not easy to play against and not easy on the eye. . High press high energy. I have no doubt some will be big stars in the future.

I congratulate the Welsh boys. It is not easy.

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 16:40 - Sep 3 with 1053 viewsjasper_T

It's on youtube to watch as-live:

Physically the England team looked much further along (Wales left back in particular was absolutely tiny, and he was subbed after 30 minutes) and they were good on the ball but over-elaborate in the final third, searching for the perfect goal and back-heeling to no one rather than taking shots on from tight angles.

Tyler Evans, Ben Lloyd and Joel Cotterill came on at half time, Cam Congreve got 30 minutes. Increasingly manic game and both sides struggled to put more than 3 passes together without cheaply giving it away.

Wasn't a great watch as the camera was zoomed out far enough to see the whole running track, and whatever lens they're using makes the other side of the pitch look a mile away (not the first game with this problem). The main "commentator" thinks he's presenting a chat show but the woman alongside him (American accent) seemed to know what she was on about in the brief periods I didn't have it on mute.
Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 16:48 - Sep 3 with 1044 viewsReslovenSwan1

Now we have all had time to settle and reflect on 16:40 - Sep 3 by jasper_T

It's on youtube to watch as-live:

Physically the England team looked much further along (Wales left back in particular was absolutely tiny, and he was subbed after 30 minutes) and they were good on the ball but over-elaborate in the final third, searching for the perfect goal and back-heeling to no one rather than taking shots on from tight angles.

Tyler Evans, Ben Lloyd and Joel Cotterill came on at half time, Cam Congreve got 30 minutes. Increasingly manic game and both sides struggled to put more than 3 passes together without cheaply giving it away.

Wasn't a great watch as the camera was zoomed out far enough to see the whole running track, and whatever lens they're using makes the other side of the pitch look a mile away (not the first game with this problem). The main "commentator" thinks he's presenting a chat show but the woman alongside him (American accent) seemed to know what she was on about in the brief periods I didn't have it on mute.

Lets face facts I have trouble even finding out Wales u21 results in the past let alone film coverage. This is progress. The commentator is a big promoter of Welsh football and does Wales and West country coverage for Talksport. forget his name.

The Cardiff city coverage is done in the same chatty way and a level above Swans TV that need to sack the trumpeters and decline to name opposition players. The worst case of this was Siwan commentating on Swansea v Frieburg a couple of years back It was sub amateurish. Frieburg had three German internationals. The lady did not any of them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024