Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flags, banners banned from Boundary Park, Oldham 13:43 - Sep 4 with 872 viewsKeithHaynes

Let’s not forget what we went through when criminals from 1997 to 2001 ran the swans. Hopefully they will turn up en masse, with flags and banners and ensure this blatant action is stopped.

From OA95 Athleticos’ Don't forget to SUPPORT fellow football fans.

The fan group were apparently told on Friday: “Unfortunately we have received communication from the club to state that our banners and flags will no longer be allowed into Boundary Park until further notice.

“Due to an attempt by the club to sanitise protests against the ownership we have been penalised and subsequently so has the colour in the terraces.

“We believe now more than ever our team needs our support, and our belief has always been to sing our hearts out whether were winning or losing, we cheer on the boys from start to finish.

“This should be the clubs priority but unfortunately not, its flags…

“As a result we will no longer attend home games until this has been overturned, we have clarified this with the club and will await their confirmation that these restrictions have been lifted before returning.”

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Flags, banners banned from Boundary Park, Oldham on 15:38 - Sep 4 with 815 viewsbuilthjack

Yanks out banners could reappear at The Liberty if things go t:ts up.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Flags, banners banned from Boundary Park, Oldham on 21:02 - Sep 4 with 722 viewsBoundy

Flags, banners banned from Boundary Park, Oldham on 15:38 - Sep 4 by builthjack

Yanks out banners could reappear at The Liberty if things go t:ts up.

If it's as successful as the campaign against Jenkins & co aka SCSA then I wouldn't bother , apathy reigned then and I expect it still would

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Flags, banners banned from Boundary Park, Oldham on 21:10 - Sep 4 with 713 viewsCatullus

Flags, banners banned from Boundary Park, Oldham on 21:02 - Sep 4 by Boundy

If it's as successful as the campaign against Jenkins & co aka SCSA then I wouldn't bother , apathy reigned then and I expect it still would

I doubt I'd bother. It's just football and these days there is plenty more important to me.

I feel sorry for the Oldham fans but my days of protesting are far behind me.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Flags, banners banned from Boundary Park, Oldham on 21:21 - Sep 4 with 703 viewsbuilthjack

Flags, banners banned from Boundary Park, Oldham on 21:02 - Sep 4 by Boundy

Jenkins had to walk after the worzel game.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Flags, banners banned from Boundary Park, Oldham on 22:13 - Sep 4 with 683 viewsBoundy

Flags, banners banned from Boundary Park, Oldham on 21:21 - Sep 4 by builthjack

Jenkins had to walk after the worzel game.

but I believe and this is only my opinion he chose to go when he decided , not because of external forces being brought to bear

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Flags, banners banned from Boundary Park, Oldham on 09:45 - Sep 5 with 593 viewsKeithHaynes

Protests yesterday.

Flags, banners banned from Boundary Park, Oldham on 10:14 - Sep 5 with 569 views1983

What are they doing pulling his pants down and smacking his @rse? 😁

Flags, banners banned from Boundary Park, Oldham on 10:15 - Sep 5 with 567 viewsKeithHaynes

Flags, banners banned from Boundary Park, Oldham on 10:14 - Sep 5 by 1983

What are they doing pulling his pants down and smacking his @rse? 😁

Could be an Oldham thing ?

Login to get fewer ads

Flags, banners banned from Boundary Park, Oldham on 18:28 - Sep 7 with 400 viewsKeithHaynes

CLUB FIGHTS BACK

Oldham owner Abdallah Lemsagam hits back at protesting fans with yet another defiant warning issued to them should it continue. The Moroccan took over at Boundary Park back in 2018 but his tenure has been highly unpopular with fans. They have protested at the League Two club’s home games this season and briefly forced Saturday’s 3-0 defeat by Barrow to be halted by coming on to the pitch. Now he has warned that games could have to be played behind closed doors because of what the supporters have done at every home matches so far this season.

A second-half pitch invasion by protesting Latics fans held up the Cumbrian side’s 3-0 victory at Boundary Park for three minutes. Shortly after the hour mark, the supporters, furious at how their club is being ran, legged it onto the pitch, with some choosing to sit in the centre circle before referee Carl Boyeson took the players off. So far this season, we’ve seen multiple pitch invasions taken place in protest towards their owners, while tennis balls and flares have also been thrown onto the pitch, getting their actions recognised by the mainstream media.

Dear OASF

I am writing this letter as a formal response to your letter of 25 August 2021 and our meeting on 31 August 2021. Given recent events, I also think it is right that I explain where I have been coming from with my ownership of the Club. I intend to release this letter widely as the relationship between the Club, the ownership and its fans is not in a good place and I really want to change that.

I am aware of the protests at my ownership and the anger and hatred that many fans have for me and my brother. I receive emails and texts, and so do those close to me, on a daily basis calling me all sorts of names and asking me to “go home”; many of them are outright racist. Since I took over in 2018, I accept that mistakes have been made and I will talk about them below. But each mistake has been made honestly, and with an intention to help the club. I have never done anything intentionally to hurt the club, I never would. What I find hard to understand is the strength of reaction against me compared to when the previous ownership stripped a key asset from the club and neither you as a supporters trust, nor any of the fans, did anything at all.

I have made many mistakes since I took over in 2018:

I accept recruitment of players and management staff has been inconsistent. Football is a highly scrutinised business that everybody involved has an opinion on but employing players and Head Coaches always has a risk element to it. I have tried my best, employing well-known managers that I thought would be successful, but they were not suitable for League Two. I changed the managers because I wanted the best for the club; I think Keith is a good Head Coach for us and has the right experience to help us do well in League Two.
I accept some staff departures were not handled as they should have been but still stand by the decision on all people involved that it was the right decision for the Club. A lot of what occurred cannot be spoken about given legal proceedings. For example, Paul Scholes claimed I interfered with team selection, but there is a court decision we cannot talk about.
I accept that over the last three years, poor appointments have been made in the business area of the Club which has cost us lots of money by paying people wages who were under achieving and indeed causing damage to the Club reputationally but myself and the Board are now happy with our off-pitch team that are delivering good results and repairing some of the damage created.
I accept an element of naivety with regards to trusting people around the Club who claimed to have the best interests of the Club at heart when I took over, thankfully these people are no longer around the Club but having once been happy to share good times with me, they now are working hard to hurt me and my family which I find really upsetting.
I accept that fan engagement could and should have been better with increased access to senior officials and Board members. I also believe that we should have continued with our official statements and other useful pieces of information to be shared through social media etc… instead of being dictated to by people not wishing to see anything positive. I forgot how many good fans we have in Oldham and beyond so to you, I apologise.

I accept that we are not where I want us to be from a football perspective.

I accept I made all these mistakes. But I never made any of them deliberately; and I have never done anything with the intention of hurting the club. For three-and-a-half years I have invested my money and time in Oldham; I made my own money, I did not inherit any of it, I worked hard for it. Every pound I invest means something to me and my family.

I have never structured the Club in a way to benefit me personally or even paid myself a wage. The previous owner took £5,000 a month; I have taken no wage for three-and-a-half years. The money I have invested is a large part of my personal wealth — I cannot and will not walk away from my investment and I am determined to reach the goals I have set for the Club.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024