Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Definite increase in crowd trouble this season 09:49 - Sep 5 with 7012 viewsKeithHaynes

Damage caused by Swindon fans at Stevenage.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 10:09 - Sep 5 with 3591 viewsCatullus

It was Lamex stadium when the away fans arrived but the Lame X stadium when they left.

People have forgotten how to behave, 18 months of no pubs and no crowds and people are getting a bit silly!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 10:11 - Sep 5 with 3566 views1983

Seen more damage after a BBQ around mine

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 10:37 - Sep 5 with 3552 viewsNotLoyal

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 10:11 - Sep 5 by 1983

Seen more damage after a BBQ around mine

Typical Swindon, go to a small club and cause problems

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 11:04 - Sep 5 with 3522 viewsWhiterockin

That doesn't look to bad to be honest. Not that I agree with causing any damage.
Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 12:46 - Sep 5 with 3443 viewsBarrySwan

I've never really understood why anyone would become a steward at a football ground.

I assume that its fairly basic money and that showing people to their seats and checking ticket stubs etc etc is fairly low key and undemanding and possibly quite interesting work in a sports stadium.

But then you have untrained in martial arts students, housewives and other general people armed with nothing more than a fluorescent jacket having to pile in and deal with the moronic fools who think that they're admired followers of their team by committing ludicrous acts of violence and stadium wrecking.

These stewards are not muscle bound nightclub bouncers who may be able to handle themselves in such situations but just ordinary people who presumably are expected to throw themselves into violent melees involving often drink and drug fuelled pathetic hooligans intent on hurting people.

I don't quite get why they do it?
[Post edited 5 Sep 2021 12:48]
Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 09:15 - Sep 6 with 3188 viewsonehunglow

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 12:46 - Sep 5 by BarrySwan

I've never really understood why anyone would become a steward at a football ground.

I assume that its fairly basic money and that showing people to their seats and checking ticket stubs etc etc is fairly low key and undemanding and possibly quite interesting work in a sports stadium.

But then you have untrained in martial arts students, housewives and other general people armed with nothing more than a fluorescent jacket having to pile in and deal with the moronic fools who think that they're admired followers of their team by committing ludicrous acts of violence and stadium wrecking.

These stewards are not muscle bound nightclub bouncers who may be able to handle themselves in such situations but just ordinary people who presumably are expected to throw themselves into violent melees involving often drink and drug fuelled pathetic hooligans intent on hurting people.

An Anfield,clearly as they enjoy a little power.
They do have power to eject people.

Hence they might get off on that .

Ideally,I d love to be a steward but only if I could stove some heads in

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 09:38 - Sep 6 with 3205 viewsCatullus

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 12:46 - Sep 5 by BarrySwan

I believe there are some stewards with extra training to deal with real trouble, at the Liberty/Swansea.com they had (or used to have) grab teams, a group of specially trained stewards to deal with more serious trouble. If it turned into a proper fight of course, the police will be called in.

I didn't work as a steward but I worked on the turnstyles down the Vetch, back then it was nowhere near as organised and there was a lot more trouble. Could never find a steward when there was trouble at the turnstyles!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 09:46 - Sep 6 with 3191 viewsKilkennyjack

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 09:15 - Sep 6 by onehunglow

You are too old now mun. Love and peace OHL.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 09:50 - Sep 6 with 3159 viewsonehunglow

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 09:46 - Sep 6 by Kilkennyjack

You are too old now mun. Love and peace OHL.

Nah. I can still handle myself Killy. I have a vicious gob too.

But ….I. Like. You

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 10:22 - Sep 6 with 3163 viewspencoedjack

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 09:38 - Sep 6 by Catullus

I believe there are some stewards with extra training to deal with real trouble, at the Liberty/Swansea.com they had (or used to have) grab teams, a group of specially trained stewards to deal with more serious trouble. If it turned into a proper fight of course, the police will be called in.

I didn't work as a steward but I worked on the turnstyles down the Vetch, back then it was nowhere near as organised and there was a lot more trouble. Could never find a steward when there was trouble at the turnstyles!

Wasn't there some trouble with the security firm (who were from Basseyville) running the stewards/security when the Liberty opened.

I'm sure a steward slapped his head whilst he was between the home & away fans in the NE upper.
Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 11:53 - Sep 6 with 3095 viewsKeithHaynes

I would say any layperson specially trained for anything other than the basics would or could find themselves in a lot of bother when laying hands on folk.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 12:33 - Sep 6 with 3029 viewsonehunglow

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 11:53 - Sep 6 by KeithHaynes

I would say any layperson specially trained for anything other than the basics would or could find themselves in a lot of bother when laying hands on folk.

What constitutes an assault would surprise many.
If you ar e going 🟨 someone,do it properly or not at all.

I can provide some tuition if people send me their bank details and sort code.

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 12:42 - Sep 6 with 3053 viewsBoundy

personally I can't think of any situation where its justified that so called hard men pick on someone because they support the opposition team. Each to their own I suppose.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 12:46 - Sep 6 with 3019 viewsonehunglow

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 12:42 - Sep 6 by Boundy

personally I can't think of any situation where its justified that so called hard men pick on someone because they support the opposition team. Each to their own I suppose.

Boundy .
Anfield d has the worst IMO as they treat away fans differently from home.

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 15:28 - Sep 6 with 2957 viewsYrAlarch

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 12:33 - Sep 6 by onehunglow

What constitutes an assault would surprise many.
If you ar e going 🟨 someone,do it properly or not at all.

I can provide some tuition if people send me their bank details and sort code.

Obviously in another life you were not a community policing officer then.
Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 16:25 - Sep 6 with 2887 viewsonehunglow

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 15:28 - Sep 6 by YrAlarch

Obviously in another life you were not a community policing officer then.

Lol.
Community.
Where are they then

Community policeman is often seen as a soft approach .

Nope,I was in the Kent Module.

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 16:52 - Sep 6 with 2889 views1983

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 09:15 - Sep 6 by onehunglow

Zzzzzzzzz

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 18:21 - Sep 6 with 2842 viewsjack_lord

How long did you work on the turnstiles for and what seasons?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 21:24 - Sep 6 with 2762 viewsBarrySwan

I worked on a turnstile just the once during a Hibs v Hearts match at Easter Road ( my rugby match was off )

Seemed quite straight forward, a full height turnstile which only turned when you had the money in your hand and then pressed the foot operated button.

Hard to imagine anything simpler, which was right except for the last 10 minutes before kickoff when the likely lads quit the pubs and rushed the turnstiles.

It was absolute chaos, money changing hands in a blur, 3 squeezing through on every turn of the fully enclosed cage type turnstile which looking at it you'd think it was impossible it was absolutely mental for that 10 minutes.

Anyway got through it collected my £12 quid and free entry and watched the Hibs get beaten for the 24th straight time in an Edinburgh Derby which takes some doing not even scraping a draw during a run that long.
Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 22:11 - Sep 6 with 2731 viewsbuilthjack

There are some hard nuts as long as they are in numbers. Pathetic when alone.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 07:41 - Sep 7 with 2611 viewsFireboy2

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 22:11 - Sep 6 by builthjack

You wanna fight 🤨
Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 09:43 - Sep 7 with 2563 views1983

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 22:11 - Sep 6 by builthjack

And that's just the police

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 10:14 - Sep 7 with 2530 viewsonehunglow

1983 was a bad year

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 10:21 - Sep 7 with 2535 viewsDr_Winston

Going back to the OP, I'd categorise this in the same pot as the reports of mass drinking and problems outside the Secret Beach Bar, Ogmore or Cardiff Bay. After the best part of two years lockdown, some people are a bit excited and letting off steam.

Not something to be applauded, but perhaps expected. After a bit of Argy bargy following the Sheff Utd game there was nothing in the aftermath of Stoke when maybe you'd have expected more.

It'll pass.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 12:47 - Sep 7 with 2474 views1983

Definite increase in crowd trouble this season on 10:14 - Sep 7 by onehunglow

1983 was a bad year

Most probably was, was you duffing up people again ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024