Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Buying the kit 11:04 - Sep 5 with 1323 viewsCatullus

I stopped buying football tops a long while back. The prices were rising and they weren't the best quality, specially the printing. Now though I have a 12 year old son who wants shirts, thing is he has a Swans top but, althoygh he doesn't actually support any other teams he likes their tops and wears them as fashion accesories, a lot of ids seem to be doing this. Back where we used to live several of his friends had numerous different teams shirts.
Right now he wears a Man City top,, a PSG top and has had Barcelona tops too, became a closet fan after we visited the Nou Camp.

Anyway, it's his birthday in 3 weeks and he asked for the new PSG top, I had a look and there are two available one with the usual material and one which apparently is exactly the same material as PSG wear for matches, the prices are 69.99and 104.99 respectively.

I nearly choked on my toast, nearly 70 quid for the cheap replica and nearly 105 for the 'best' kit.
Why are people dumb enough to pay these prices? I still remember that fella (Freddy Shepherd?) getting caught taunting Newcastle fans, saying they sell for 50 but cost a fiver to make. I accept costs have risen in 30 years but still, isn't it a ridiculous price, 104.99?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Buying the kit on 11:12 - Sep 5 with 1303 viewsWhiterockin

By a copy on eBay, many of them are excellent quality.
Buying the kit on 11:17 - Sep 5 with 1292 viewsBadlands

I remember asking for a Swans top for Christmas when i was about 6 or 7 … in those days it was a white shirt and buy a Swansea crest to sew on.
Excitement rose and after 'he'd been' I went straight for the present that looked most shirt like.
It was … it was a green shirt!
My world caved in.
'But the Swans are white.' I appealed.
'But this the goalie's shirt.' My father explained.
I recall disappointment turning to glee, 'Fantastic, no one else would have the goalie's shirt.'
A few weeks into the New Year and I spotted a stall in the market selling football shirts. White, red and blue ones were 7s 6d. The greens one was 6s 6d!
Santa had saved a bob.
(I never did get the badge.)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Buying the kit on 12:27 - Sep 5 with 1225 viewsbuilthjack

I only ever buy anything in the end of season 70% off sale.
Shirts are about 12 quid, polo shirts about 7 or 8. It's the only way.
Next year, in May, get your lads gear from the club shop.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2021 14:49]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Buying the kit on 13:34 - Sep 5 with 1176 viewsTreforys_Jack

Buying the kit on 11:17 - Sep 5 by Badlands

I remember asking for a Swans top for Christmas when i was about 6 or 7 … in those days it was a white shirt and buy a Swansea crest to sew on.
Excitement rose and after 'he'd been' I went straight for the present that looked most shirt like.
My world caved in.
I recall disappointment turning to glee, 'Fantastic, no one else would have the goalie's shirt.'
A few weeks into the New Year and I spotted a stall in the market selling football shirts. White, red and blue ones were 7s 6d. The greens one was 6s 6d!
Santa had saved a bob.

Brilliant 👏 very different times indeed.
Buying the kit on 13:58 - Sep 5 with 1152 viewsjackrmee

Buying the kit on 11:12 - Sep 5 by Whiterockin

eBay copies are not good quality.
They don't feel or fit right. I got tucked up with a couple before.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Buying the kit on 13:59 - Sep 5 with 1152 viewsGixerJack

Buying the kit on 11:12 - Sep 5 by Whiterockin

About 25 years ago I bought a Juve and a AC top off a street trader in Rome for a few quid, obviously knockoffs but but they seemed to last for ever
Buying the kit on 16:58 - Sep 5 with 1054 viewsmonmouth

Buying the kit on 11:17 - Sep 5 by Badlands

My world caved in.
Santa had saved a bob.

You can get off the couch now.

That'll be 104.99

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Buying the kit on 17:51 - Sep 5 with 1020 viewsCatullus

Buying the kit on 13:59 - Sep 5 by GixerJack

About 25 years ago I bought a Juve and a AC top off a street trader in Rome for a few quid, obviously knockoffs but but they seemed to last for ever

We bought him his Barcelona kit (full kit) from a street trader, a bit later we'd visited the Nou Camp and went through the shop on the way out (well you literally have too!) and we bought him some more stuff. We'd paid 20 Euros on the street, in the shop it was over 50 just for the shirt, don't remember exactly how much. That shirt lasted nearly 2 years.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Login to get fewer ads

Buying the kit on 17:59 - Sep 5 with 1012 viewsCatullus

Buying the kit on 12:27 - Sep 5 by builthjack

I only ever buy anything in the end of season 70% off sale.
Shirts are about 12 quid, polo shirts about 7 or 8. It's the only way.
Next year, in May, get your lads gear from the club shop.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2021 14:49]

I bought him his Swans top from the shop, 45 quid, I think that's a bit pricey for what it is but I got him it anyway, and he bought himself a black away shirt from his savings.

I refuse to pay over 100 quid though for a foreign teams shirt! He onlywants the PSG shirt because he's a Messi fanboy ever since we went to Barca.

Buying the kit on 18:54 - Sep 5 with 982 viewsFlashberryjack

Who thought it a good idea to have the Swans goalie shirt in Cardiff Blue colour ?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Buying the kit on 19:25 - Sep 5 with 957 viewsKeithHaynes

Buying the kit on 18:54 - Sep 5 by Flashberryjack

Who thought it a good idea to have the Swans goalie shirt in Cardiff Blue colour ?

Always associated that colour with our away strip around 1982.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Buying the kit on 20:30 - Sep 5 with 922 viewsBoundy

Buying the kit on 18:54 - Sep 5 by Flashberryjack

we look good in any colour whereas

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Buying the kit on 20:50 - Sep 5 with 898 viewsFlashberryjack

Buying the kit on 20:30 - Sep 5 by Boundy

we look good in any colour whereas

We do...except BLUE.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Buying the kit on 22:16 - Sep 5 with 850 viewsMarcella

Anyone over the age of 21, who thinks wearing a replica football shirt out in public is acceptable. needs to have serious think about what direction thier life is going in my opinion.
Buying the kit on 07:53 - Sep 6 with 754 viewsjackrmee

Buying the kit on 22:16 - Sep 5 by Marcella

Anyone over the age of 21, who thinks wearing a replica football shirt out in public is acceptable. needs to have serious think about what direction thier life is going in my opinion.

Anyone over the age of 21 who thinks that it matters what other adults are wearing, needs to have a serious think about what direction their life is going in my opinion.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Buying the kit on 09:44 - Sep 6 with 717 viewsCatullus

Buying the kit on 07:53 - Sep 6 by jackrmee

Anyone over the age of 21 who thinks that it matters what other adults are wearing, needs to have a serious think about what direction their life is going in my opinion.

I don't know why he felt the need to make that comment seeing as this thread is about a football kit for a 12 year old.

If it was meant to be snide it's a massive fail.

Buying the kit on 10:10 - Sep 6 with 699 viewsWhiterockin

Buying the kit on 09:44 - Sep 6 by Catullus

I don't know why he felt the need to make that comment seeing as this thread is about a football kit for a 12 year old.

If it was meant to be snide it's a massive fail.

Besides tell the Welsh National team, the red wall means nothing.
Buying the kit on 11:31 - Sep 6 with 658 viewsSwans9

I think with more and more training gear as well as the home and away shirt the choice is good for everybody to find a top they like. So well done to the club on improving the kit available to the swans fans.
Buying the kit on 14:03 - Sep 6 with 603 viewsCatullus

Buying the kit on 11:31 - Sep 6 by Swans9

I think with more and more training gear as well as the home and away shirt the choice is good for everybody to find a top they like. So well done to the club on improving the kit available to the swans fans.

My son has the home and away top and the black training top. There's a definite improvement in the range.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024