Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 *SATURDAY UPDATE 17:29 - Sep 7 with 15755 viewsNotLoyal

English Football League
Championship

Swansea City v Hull City
Saturday September 11th 2021
New named stadium
Kick off 3pm

Match Officials: Keith from Stroud is the man in the middle on Saturday. He will be assisted by Robert Merchant and Sam Lewis, while Peter Wright will be the fourth official.

Keith from Stroud, more than a name, he’s a small town as well

Hull facts, you better believe it
Hull City come to the newly named stadium with a manager called Grant McCann, he was the first ex footballer to walk from Portsmouth to Lowestoft in a bathing costume made from finger nails. The other incredible fact about him is his ability to leap sideways and then pivot like Darren Gough used to do on Masterchef when he won the dancing competition.

Hull is in Humberside and is a very famous small town of people made up of idiots. A local psychiatrist once described them all as suffering from ‘delusions of grandeur’ The most memorable thing that happened there is when Del Boy and Rodney went to Hull and back in the reality TV series only fools and horses. Most of that was filmed in Stenhiusemuir.

This is the Humble bridge, it’s very accommodating. It was stolen from Pembroke Dock

Some people have said this is a must win game for Swansea, but it isn’t at all. It’s a game that the winner wins, not mustly. The last result was a 4-4 draw in Hull when both teams scored four goals each to draw 4-4. The draw meant that both teams may as well just agreed to share a point each and save all the rushing about and shouting. The game was described as exciting and lovely by several football people who watched the 4-4 draw.

Swansea City v Hull City
Games won: 31
Games drawn: 18
Games lost: 29

Swansea City have won more games than Hull who have drawn the same amount of games as Swansea. This is quite a statistic when you consider Hull have lost 31 games but only won 29 games. The 18 games that have been drawn meant nobody won the game and that’s still a record between the two teams today.

Latest News

Swansea City still nursing injuries for Saturday at home to Hull 7th Sep 2021 10:47
Despite a satisfactory deadline day which saw three new faces come in to the first team squad, and the retention of Dan Williams, Morgan Whittaker and Matt Grimes swans manager Russell Martin still has to ‘manage‘ his teams resources after two weeks of rehabilitation. 0

Swansea City v Hull City : Expect to see brave and exciting football today 11th Sep 2021 09:00
It has taken time, and at times when it has gone wrong swans fans haven’t displayed that much patience, such is the way of the world these days. However today we will see a more vibrant Swansea City side than has been witnessed in the previous five league games. 0

No overnight sensation at Swansea City, but the positives are very encouraging 12th Sep 2021 15:24
Having now watched the full game yesterday against Hull City I still feel we as a club have much work to do before things start to tick this season. It has to be accepted first though that this may well not be yet another season of potential promotion. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 11:59 - Sep 9 with 5333 viewsThornburyswan

Any non-ST holders received their digital tickets yet or are they auto loaded to the new JA membership cards?
Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 18:13 - Sep 9 with 5225 viewsjackrmee

Looks like we need Benda and our CBs to command the air this week

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 19:28 - Sep 9 with 5178 viewsBadlands

In that case we need Cabango at centre, centre back.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 21:10 - Sep 9 with 5121 viewsAndyCole

Surprised with the lack of ebullience and enthusiasm for this huge game for our new manager, at home at our fortress.

Yet I'm sure we all have our fingers crossed that Rusty has made the very most of the extended break, an unique opportunity to sharpen his toolkit with the most expensively assembled squad since the Swans were relegated. The Board have taken a huge punt into the unknown of League 1 mediocrity and 'Spent more than most others outside the EPL'. Unprecedented stuff. Squeaky bum time for the many who have already painted themselves into a blind corner.

Much to be cheerful about though. Russ has shown how he can listen and learn from his senior players who know how to win games in this league. He's shown how high possession stats alone can be fruitless, and that mixing it up is best for all - most especially his senior players who know how to cut the cloth dynamically, tactically as the match unfolds. Playing smartly in the red zone is what the players know, and is what counts, thankfully.

RM has shown how he listens to the senior players who know when best to make the best Subbing decisions. And most importantly he's shown how he has learnt from his senior players that his biggest gaffe of all in cruelly ditching our talismanic #9, unceremoniously stripping him of the #9 jersey was his very worst man-management cock-up to date. The very best #9 we've had for quite some time. A proper #9 the Club have been pursuing for more than two years.

All of which augurs well, with expectations flying for mauling the tigers and kicking on for the promo push. With such relative significant investment, the fans and owners can expect nothing less.

It's now down to Russy to show us he is continuing to listen and learn, is building upon the rock solid defence we're famous for, and is playing the zippy triangles and progressive front foot winning football he promises.

It's the very least we should expect with two 9's and a dynamic 10. Unprecedented, stuff of dreams.

Exciting times, for all.

4 - 1. (2 apiece for our 2 #9s)

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 21:18 - Sep 9 with 5123 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Any idea what ticket sales are like as we are allowed a virtual full capacity?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 01:06 - Sep 10 with 5023 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 21:10 - Sep 9 by AndyCole

Surprised with the lack of ebullience and enthusiasm for this huge game for our new manager, at home at our fortress.

Yet I'm sure we all have our fingers crossed that Rusty has made the very most of the extended break, an unique opportunity to sharpen his toolkit with the most expensively assembled squad since the Swans were relegated. The Board have taken a huge punt into the unknown of League 1 mediocrity and 'Spent more than most others outside the EPL'. Unprecedented stuff. Squeaky bum time for the many who have already painted themselves into a blind corner.

Much to be cheerful about though. Russ has shown how he can listen and learn from his senior players who know how to win games in this league. He's shown how high possession stats alone can be fruitless, and that mixing it up is best for all - most especially his senior players who know how to cut the cloth dynamically, tactically as the match unfolds. Playing smartly in the red zone is what the players know, and is what counts, thankfully.

RM has shown how he listens to the senior players who know when best to make the best Subbing decisions. And most importantly he's shown how he has learnt from his senior players that his biggest gaffe of all in cruelly ditching our talismanic #9, unceremoniously stripping him of the #9 jersey was his very worst man-management cock-up to date. The very best #9 we've had for quite some time. A proper #9 the Club have been pursuing for more than two years.

All of which augurs well, with expectations flying for mauling the tigers and kicking on for the promo push. With such relative significant investment, the fans and owners can expect nothing less.

It's now down to Russy to show us he is continuing to listen and learn, is building upon the rock solid defence we're famous for, and is playing the zippy triangles and progressive front foot winning football he promises.

It's the very least we should expect with two 9's and a dynamic 10. Unprecedented, stuff of dreams.

Exciting times, for all.

4 - 1. (2 apiece for our 2 #9s)

You just can’t let him go can you. Sniping at the new manager when he’s had no pre season (looks like Cooper acted unprofessionally there and despite the uncertainty didn’t carry on working and getting the players fit) the squad has been hit by COVID and our new arrivals either through that or injury haven’t been able to train or play (and let’s not mention the suspended Fulton getting up to speed and Grimes hardly ripping up trees.

You’re a Cooper fan not a Swans fan so you’re about as welcome on this board as a dose of herpes. Please take your negativity to Steve’s new club - if he ever gets one .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 09:57 - Sep 10 with 4886 viewspikeypaul

Swans strong favs tomorrow,should be interesting.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 11:17 - Sep 10 with 4831 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 01:06 - Sep 10 by Brynmill_Jack

You just can’t let him go can you. Sniping at the new manager when he’s had no pre season (looks like Cooper acted unprofessionally there and despite the uncertainty didn’t carry on working and getting the players fit) the squad has been hit by COVID and our new arrivals either through that or injury haven’t been able to train or play (and let’s not mention the suspended Fulton getting up to speed and Grimes hardly ripping up trees.

You’re a Cooper fan not a Swans fan so you’re about as welcome on this board as a dose of herpes. Please take your negativity to Steve’s new club - if he ever gets one .

Maybe AC is just reacting as a result of what we have seen thus far. Yiu however are merely hoping his cynicism is unfounded.
Right now,to me,Russy is a huge mistake and no improvement on Cooper. I detested Cooper so no acolyte of AC but I respected his position so maybe you should. Try it. Be civil. The club is in our veins .Fact.

Finally, Russy seems already to be an excuse merchant.

Prove me wrong and we are all happy ,or should be.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 11:38 - Sep 10 with 4832 viewsmax936

I wonder how our injured players and the players fitness, heard Walsh was back in training hope he's able to maintain his fitness etc.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 11:44 - Sep 10 with 4823 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 11:38 - Sep 10 by max936

I wonder how our injured players and the players fitness, heard Walsh was back in training hope he's able to maintain his fitness etc.

👍

Swansea City still nursing injuries for Saturday at home to Hull 7th Sep 2021 10:47
Despite a satisfactory deadline day which saw three new faces come in to the first team squad, and the retention of Dan Williams, Morgan Whittaker and Matt Grimes swans manager Russell Martin still has to ‘manage‘ his teams resources after two weeks of rehabilitation. 0

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 11:47 - Sep 10 with 4818 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 11:44 - Sep 10 by KeithHaynes

👍

Cheers Keith.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 15:01 - Sep 10 with 4725 viewsjackrmee

Martin saying what they've been working on in training over the last 2 weeks. SOunds like we will definitely see some improvements. Exciting times.
Really confident after reading this.

""Intensity. Trying to get the guys to understand that everything is connected in and out of possession," said the head coach about his side's efforts on the training ground.

"Everything is built around one thing, and that's intensity. I think they've really got a grasp of it now."

In a bid to fully implement his methods, Martin has even changed the regime surrounding meetings at the club's training base.

He meets with players every day in a bid to reassure them over their roles and what is expected of them. And, most importantly, why they're asked to do certain things.

"We meet every day. The players need to understand why they are doing something and that everything we do is related to the big picture," explained the head coach.

"We are not doing anything to waste time or just to fill time on the training pitch. Everything is important and has a purpose.

"We meet every morning, they do their pre-activation, then straight out on the training pitch and then we meet with guys after — either individually or in their units.

"There is a lot of contact time and even the guys from other clubs have not been used to as much of it. But they are getting used to it now and they are expecting that intensity.

"The team I had in mind is different to the team that will start tomorrow [Hull] because of the way certain guys have trained and the way they have helped others."

The process remains ongoing.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 19:06 - Sep 10 with 4578 viewsWalterBoyd

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 15:01 - Sep 10 by jackrmee

Martin saying what they've been working on in training over the last 2 weeks. SOunds like we will definitely see some improvements. Exciting times.
Really confident after reading this.

""Intensity. Trying to get the guys to understand that everything is connected in and out of possession," said the head coach about his side's efforts on the training ground.

"Everything is built around one thing, and that's intensity. I think they've really got a grasp of it now."

In a bid to fully implement his methods, Martin has even changed the regime surrounding meetings at the club's training base.

He meets with players every day in a bid to reassure them over their roles and what is expected of them. And, most importantly, why they're asked to do certain things.

"We meet every day. The players need to understand why they are doing something and that everything we do is related to the big picture," explained the head coach.

"We are not doing anything to waste time or just to fill time on the training pitch. Everything is important and has a purpose.

"We meet every morning, they do their pre-activation, then straight out on the training pitch and then we meet with guys after — either individually or in their units.

"There is a lot of contact time and even the guys from other clubs have not been used to as much of it. But they are getting used to it now and they are expecting that intensity.

"The team I had in mind is different to the team that will start tomorrow [Hull] because of the way certain guys have trained and the way they have helped others."

The process remains ongoing.

The team I had in mind is different to the team that will start tomorrow [Hull] because of the way certain guys have trained and the way they have helped others."

Getting excuses in early if it all goes wrong, I hope not.

What does he mean by "the way they have helped others "
Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 20:19 - Sep 10 with 4500 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 19:06 - Sep 10 by WalterBoyd

The team I had in mind is different to the team that will start tomorrow [Hull] because of the way certain guys have trained and the way they have helped others."

Honest answer and free of the lovey dovey drivel being spouted.

Russy is under pressure and rightly so,not just because of results but because of lack of guts and guile. Mistakes are being replicated.

It's a matter of time until people twig.

Hopefully, from tomorrow,we really will see a change.

I truly pray we do

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 20:46 - Sep 10 with 4473 viewsCanveySwan

An optimistic 4 nil win, think someone is going to get spanked when it all falls into place.
Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 20:50 - Sep 10 with 4464 viewsWalterBoyd

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 20:19 - Sep 10 by onehunglow

Russy is under pressure and rightly so,not just because of results but because of lack of guts and guile. Mistakes are being replicated.

I truly pray we do

I am really looking forward to tomorrow's match, hoping for some great individual performances, maybe a bit early for a cohesive team performance, but would love to see one.
Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 21:04 - Sep 10 with 4434 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 20:46 - Sep 10 by CanveySwan

An optimistic 4 nil win, think someone is going to get spanked when it all falls into place.

October 17th would be good.
Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 21:15 - Sep 10 with 4426 viewsCanveySwan

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 21:04 - Sep 10 by Whiterockin

October 17th would be good.

It will be 6 that day
Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 00:38 - Sep 11 with 4291 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 20:19 - Sep 10 by onehunglow

I truly pray we do

I don’t think we will see anything other than an improved performance, even if we lose the next six games RM will still be at the club, that’s a guarantee. It’s time swans fans faced up to the fact as well. This is a long journey.

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 00:52 - Sep 11 with 4279 viewsWalterBoyd

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 00:38 - Sep 11 by KeithHaynes

I don’t think we will see anything other than an improved performance, even if we lose the next six games RM will still be at the club, that’s a guarantee. It’s time swans fans faced up to the fact as well. This is a long journey.

He is a young manager with a vision. He has signed and inherited some great talent.

All Swans fans wish him well.

He does however need to be careful with what he says and his actions. I know he is relatively new to job but his press conferences are a bit worrying, tendency to blame others, cover his shortfalls.

Also, changing tactics and team shape etc whilst admitting squad not ready for it.

Bit like asking a competent ships captain to fly a plane then admitting I didn't have time to show him or train him in what I wanted. Train wreck. Anymore vehicle anologies are welcome, I am on my bike, hope I floated your boat.
Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 07:35 - Sep 11 with 4209 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 19:06 - Sep 10 by WalterBoyd

Well considering this is the first time he's seen them all train together for any extended period, he has probably seen a lot of things that he didn't know before.

He was obviously picking the teem on what he thinks they would be able to do.

Now he has seen them doing it and realised that other players can help the team more.

Not sure what he means by that quote. Maybe he means teamwork, or how they are a team player.

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 07:42 - Sep 11 with 4208 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 00:38 - Sep 11 by KeithHaynes

Exactly.
And even if we lose the next 6 games, I would still want him at the club.
But only as long as we start seeing a bit of improvement in performances and coherence.
Results are not the be-all and end-all this season. Promotion is not the main aim this year. Staying up is, along with learning and perfecting the manager's ideas and getting back to a passing system.

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 10:02 - Sep 11 with 4095 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 00:52 - Sep 11 by WalterBoyd

He is a young manager with a vision. He has signed and inherited some great talent.

All Swans fans wish him well.

He does however need to be careful with what he says and his actions. I know he is relatively new to job but his press conferences are a bit worrying, tendency to blame others, cover his shortfalls.

Also, changing tactics and team shape etc whilst admitting squad not ready for it.

Bit like asking a competent ships captain to fly a plane then admitting I didn't have time to show him or train him in what I wanted. Train wreck. Anymore vehicle anologies are welcome, I am on my bike, hope I floated your boat.

Visions -of Johanna.
That had sad ending too.

Let is not forget it is about the Club not Martin so let us not be pulled into BS soundbite as it is all about what happens on the pitch and thus far it has been awful.

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 *SATURDAY UPDATE on 10:30 - Sep 11 with 4060 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 *SATURDAY UPDATE on 13:40 - Sep 11 with 3794 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Hull City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 *SATURDAY UPDATE on 10:30 - Sep 11 by KeithHaynes

Notwithstanding the OP,Hull people are proud of their city and its significant history.

I can think of far more towns down south more worthy of being misrepresented like that. Some would find it funny,many would see it a an insult.
Imagine what day visitors make of Swansea as they drive down the M4,pass ort Talbot,Neath then find a spot on Eaton Rd to park up and walk down the terraced streets to the ground ,then walk into the Railway for a pint and some food. Meanwhile the grey eiderdown in the sky is blocking out any signs of brightness .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024