Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yet again the Torys 20:22 - Sep 7 with 3928 viewsmax936

go back on their promises, Charlatan's the lot of them, up to the Taxpayers to pay for the Torys mates making fortunes over covid, even though they ballsed the job up over PPE and Track and Trace.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58476632

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Yet again the Torys on 21:02 - Sep 7 with 1580 viewsThurrockJack92

For reference this will supposedly raise £12bn a year, while test and trace cost as much as £37bn and did not have any meaningful affect on stopping the spread of the virus according to a cross party committee.

Philosophically I probably land on the centre right with my politics, but I cannot fathom how anyone could now contemplate voting for a party that is so clearly rife with corruption.
Yet again the Torys on 21:12 - Sep 7 with 1554 viewsonehunglow

Yet again the Torys on 21:02 - Sep 7 by ThurrockJack92

For reference this will supposedly raise £12bn a year, while test and trace cost as much as £37bn and did not have any meaningful affect on stopping the spread of the virus according to a cross party committee.

Philosophically I probably land on the centre right with my politics, but I cannot fathom how anyone could now contemplate voting for a party that is so clearly rife with corruption.

I am probably aligned as you Thurrick as regards most matters but to me Boris is a dangerous clown who thinks his loveable ,cheeky posh boy persona will wash .It wont with Labour stalwarts of course but neither does it with the like of me,extremely right wing on some issues and also very lest on others.

I have no one party to hate like most on here.I detest them all.Always have done.It's always been about damage limitation for me and this lot are lethally incompetent and with no real alternative to me I foresee much doom for the future.

Boris is nothing like "right wing" nor a typical Tory as he aint.He is a populist fool with zero perception or leadership. He aint Churchil,he 's not even Heath or Major.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Yet again the Torys on 21:47 - Sep 7 with 1535 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Not sure anyone on the left can 'throw stones' on this one- yes it's a broken promise but it's a broken promise to the Tory base- tax rises to fund Health and social care are broadly something the left would endorse.

As an aside I'm another of the 'right of centre but not Tory' types. The party is absolutely riddled with corruption and nepotism and yet so many of us end up voting for them thanks to the straightjacket that is FPTP. Get rid of that, and although it will be messy at first, we might actually get things moving in the right direction.
Yet again the Torys on 22:00 - Sep 7 with 1519 viewsmax936

Difficult to argue with any of the replies, all pretty much captures my opinions, politics in this Country, is rife with the init for themselves brigade, its not what they can do for the country, but what they can get out of they themselves can get out of the positions they find themselves in, all self centred, self interested and their self importance.
Unfortunately, I'm finding hard to see it change for the better as well.

Yet again the Torys on 22:09 - Sep 7 with 1511 viewsCatullus

Yet again the Torys on 22:00 - Sep 7 by max936

Difficult to argue with any of the replies, all pretty much captures my opinions, politics in this Country, is rife with the init for themselves brigade, its not what they can do for the country, but what they can get out of they themselves can get out of the positions they find themselves in, all self centred, self interested and their self importance.
Unfortunately, I'm finding hard to see it change for the better as well.

Who could change it for the better? Who can solve the problem when the people who could/would do it are the problem?

The greedy, self serving, corrupt and deceitful are in every party. Those that aren't those things are either negligent at the very best or the much smaller group that is politicians worth voting for, there's hardly any of them.

Nepotism, cronyism, self serving decisions and greed. WHo will rid us of these turbulent politicians? Not any of the Knights in the house of Lords that's for sure, it's as bad as the lower chamber.

PS, I actually agree that we need to raise taxes to pay for social care and the NHS but this raise seems poorly thought out. My problem would be that I'm not sure what a better alternative would look like?
[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 22:12]

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Yet again the Torys on 22:18 - Sep 7 with 1489 viewsmax936

Yet again the Torys on 22:09 - Sep 7 by Catullus

Who could change it for the better? Who can solve the problem when the people who could/would do it are the problem?

The greedy, self serving, corrupt and deceitful are in every party. Those that aren't those things are either negligent at the very best or the much smaller group that is politicians worth voting for, there's hardly any of them.

Nepotism, cronyism, self serving decisions and greed. WHo will rid us of these turbulent politicians? Not any of the Knights in the house of Lords that's for sure, it's as bad as the lower chamber.

PS, I actually agree that we need to raise taxes to pay for social care and the NHS but this raise seems poorly thought out. My problem would be that I'm not sure what a better alternative would look like?

Good Post that, have an up arrow.

Yet again the Torys on 22:27 - Sep 7 with 1481 viewsCatullus

Yet again the Torys on 22:18 - Sep 7 by max936

Good Post that, have an up arrow.

I liked that reply have an up arrow.

Of course when dadsarmy and mart6 come along I'll be -1

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Yet again the Torys on 22:29 - Sep 7 with 1480 viewsmajorraglan

Yet again the Torys on 22:09 - Sep 7 by Catullus

Some good points IMHO.

First things first, we need a Watchdog, or Standards Commission that has proper teeth and effectively investigate (and punish) those who’s behaviour falls short of the expected standards, for examples people on the take, corrupt etc.

This issue of care needs proper consideration. Mate of mine’s father has just gone in to a care home, he’s worked hard all his life, paid tax, been careful, bought his house, saved up etc and will now be expected to cough up £1k per week whereas someone who’s not saved a bean, rented their house will not have to any for their spot in the care home.

Boris is looking at raising NI contributions from the employer and the employee - a small increase on PAYE tax may have been fairer as everyone earning over £12k pays taxes (including pensioners) and maybe a small amount on Employer NI contributions. Lots of the youngsters embarking on their careers today will be saddled with Student Loans, their already priced off the housing market and their paying more in tax.

Even better, why not go after these companies domiciled outside the UK who funnel their profits through tax havens etc, I am sure that would raise more than enough money to be able to scrap the NI raise.
Login to get fewer ads

Yet again the Torys on 22:45 - Sep 7 with 1465 viewsFireboy2

How about making it a certain percentage of tax and NI across the board so that everyone pays their share so that the poorly paid don't get penalised and the rich get away with pay literally eff all in tax because they have good accountants.
Yet again the Torys on 22:55 - Sep 7 with 1454 viewsKilkennyjack

Yet again the Torys on 22:45 - Sep 7 by Fireboy2

How about making it a certain percentage of tax and NI across the board so that everyone pays their share so that the poorly paid don't get penalised and the rich get away with pay literally eff all in tax because they have good accountants.

Where is the £350m per week that we saved from Brexit for the NHS ?
It was on a red bus.

I hope that was no another lie from Johnson.

These are defo Johnson lies….

Beware of the Risen People

Yet again the Torys on 23:14 - Sep 7 with 1438 viewscontroversial_jack

Yet again the Torys on 22:55 - Sep 7 by Kilkennyjack

Where is the £350m per week that we saved from Brexit for the NHS ?
It was on a red bus.

I hope that was no another lie from Johnson.

These are defo Johnson lies….

Everyone knew that £350 million was a lie, but they went along with it anyway.
Yet again the Torys on 23:18 - Sep 7 with 1429 viewsBrynmill_Jack

To our idiot Tory voting friends - looks like they’ve screwed you over too. Working class tories - ha ha ha ha ha

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Yet again the Torys on 23:18 - Sep 7 with 1427 viewsKilkennyjack

Maybe it is ?

Yet again the Torys on 23:26 - Sep 7 with 1425 viewsKilkennyjack

Yet again the Torys on 23:18 - Sep 7 by Brynmill_Jack

To our idiot Tory voting friends - looks like they’ve screwed you over too. Working class tories - ha ha ha ha ha

Good point.

People actually thought Boris was like a funny mate with funny hair.

Johnson has looked after his English nationalist pensioner fan base today.

Hopefully its the start of the end for the worst PM ever.
Surrounded by idiot ministers like Liz Truss and Gavin Williamson.
Mismanaged everything from covid and brexit, to devolution and Biden.

The schools will be shut in a month.
200 people died today.
Bluster is no match for a deadly virus.

Yet again the Torys on 07:51 - Sep 8 with 1356 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Yet again the Torys on 23:26 - Sep 7 by Kilkennyjack

Good point.

People actually thought Boris was like a funny mate with funny hair.

Johnson has looked after his English nationalist pensioner fan base today.

Hopefully its the start of the end for the worst PM ever.
Surrounded by idiot ministers like Liz Truss and Gavin Williamson.
Mismanaged everything from covid and brexit, to devolution and Biden.

The schools will be shut in a month.
200 people died today.
Bluster is no match for a deadly virus.

I don't think any sane person can object to more funds for the NHS and social care. It is the richest who will pay the most.
Earn £20,000 you will pay £130.
Earn £50,000 you will pay £505 nearly 5 times as much
Earn £100,000 you will pay £1300 ten times as much

If you have shares you will pay an extra tax on dividends

Companies will pay extra will large companies paying more . Company like amazon will not be able to evade this tax.

Seems the Conservatives are following labour and are taxing the rich.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Yet again the Torys on 08:20 - Sep 8 with 1335 viewsGwyn737

Yet again the Torys on 07:51 - Sep 8 by felixstowe_jack

I don't think any sane person can object to more funds for the NHS and social care. It is the richest who will pay the most.

Companies will pay extra will large companies paying more . Company like amazon will not be able to evade this tax.

Or you could look at it this way:

£1.25 more from £100
£12.50 more from £1000.
£125 more from £10,000.

Doesn’t seem so fair then.
Yet again the Torys on 08:27 - Sep 8 with 1331 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Yet again the Torys on 08:20 - Sep 8 by Gwyn737

Or you could look at it this way:

£1.25 more from £100
£12.50 more from £1000.
£125 more from £10,000.

Doesn’t seem so fair then.

Please explain.

If you earned the figures you quote you would not pay any NI at all

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Yet again the Torys on 09:07 - Sep 8 with 1308 viewsYrAlarch

As a lifelong Labour Party supporter I share the cynicism expressed above. The corruption is endemic in all parties, institutions and individuals. Look how the Honours system is abused for example, but there again it has always been. Now we hear of the corrupt manner in which government contracts are awarded. Last weekend we hear that corruption has also reached Royalty.
I cannot see how, under the current system of government, matters can be improved.
Yet again the Torys on 09:17 - Sep 8 with 1304 viewsCatullus

Do you honestly think Labour wouldn't have done this? Or at least raised taxes somewhere to pay for this?

Of course they would.

This is why any manifesto pledges around taxes should be ignored, heck they shouldn't be made in the first place because nobody knows what the future will bring.

I agree with Major, go after the non doms, makethose companies that funnel profits abroad pay their share here. I thought that might happen when we left the EU but of course all governments look after their rich friends. Maybe raise tax on high end vehicles, those that guzzle the most fuel and are the most polluting, put up stamp duty on higher end properties? We have to be careful not to drive the rich people out of the UK of course.

Yet again the Torys on 09:30 - Sep 8 with 1298 viewsonehunglow

And indeed those who do NOT class themselves.
Labour have massively dumped on people who see thsemselves as "working class" for decades

END CLASS MINDSET.BE YOURSELF

Yet again the Torys on 09:34 - Sep 8 with 1294 viewsKilkennyjack

Yet again the Torys on 09:17 - Sep 8 by Catullus

Do you honestly think Labour wouldn't have done this? Or at least raised taxes somewhere to pay for this?

Of course they would.

This is why any manifesto pledges around taxes should be ignored, heck they shouldn't be made in the first place because nobody knows what the future will bring.

I agree with Major, go after the non doms, makethose companies that funnel profits abroad pay their share here. I thought that might happen when we left the EU but of course all governments look after their rich friends. Maybe raise tax on high end vehicles, those that guzzle the most fuel and are the most polluting, put up stamp duty on higher end properties? We have to be careful not to drive the rich people out of the UK of course.

Factually Labour have not done this.
You just made this up.

Johnson has done this.

Yet again the Torys on 09:36 - Sep 8 with 1287 viewsonehunglow

Yet again the Torys on 09:34 - Sep 8 by Kilkennyjack

Factually Labour have not done this.
You just made this up.

Johnson has done this.

Are you "working class" Killer

Yet again the Torys on 09:39 - Sep 8 with 1282 viewsKilkennyjack

Yet again the Torys on 07:51 - Sep 8 by felixstowe_jack

Johnson gave his mates Track and Trace fortunes.
That money alone would cover this 3 times over.

Nobody needed to pay any more.
Also;

Scrap Trident save £205 billion.
Scrap HS2.
Scrap Brexit which is costing £600m a week.
Scrap the Royal yacht and other vanity projects

Dont let Johnson lie any more.
He should be in jail.

Yet again the Torys on 09:44 - Sep 8 with 1275 viewsonehunglow

Yet again the Torys on 09:39 - Sep 8 by Kilkennyjack

Johnson gave his mates Track and Trace fortunes.
That money alone would cover this 3 times over.

Nobody needed to pay any more.
Also;

Scrap Trident save £205 billion.
Scrap HS2.
Scrap Brexit which is costing £600m a week.
Scrap the Royal yacht and other vanity projects

Dont let Johnson lie any more.
He should be in jail.

I agree with two of those and possibly three.

We do not need three palaces either for the monarch to spend the seasons

Yet again the Torys on 10:12 - Sep 8 with 1254 viewsmax936

Yet again the Torys on 09:17 - Sep 8 by Catullus

Of course they would.

Hang on a minute Cat, this isn't about Labour, as to what they may have done this or done that, Tory's been in power for ten yrs, so any blame being apportioned to Labour is null and void.

The point is that loads on this THREAD are missing is that Johnson said in his manifesto that NO TAXES and NO NATIONAL INSURANCE contributions would be increased, that was HIS pledge.

I agree that Covid wasn't foreseen, but the mistakes he made the advice he didn't listen to etc all adds up and that's before we get into the contracts given out to the TORY friends for PPE, Track and Trace etc, the wastage of public money as been astronomical.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024