Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yet again the Torys 20:22 - Sep 7 with 3951 viewsmax936

go back on their promises, Charlatan's the lot of them, up to the Taxpayers to pay for the Torys mates making fortunes over covid, even though they ballsed the job up over PPE and Track and Trace.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58476632

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Yet again the Torys on 23:08 - Sep 8 with 674 viewslondonlisa2001

Yet again the Torys on 23:01 - Sep 8 by Ajack_Kerouac

You can't argue for more taxes and more spending at every election and then complain when taxing and spending goes up can you.
Can you?
Oh you can can't you. You can be totally incoherent as long as you support the Left, it's fine.

What is incoherent is assuming tax is tax.

There are many ways of raising taxation. This is a pretty unfair way of doing so if you are lower paid.
Yet again the Torys on 23:27 - Sep 8 with 660 viewscontroversial_jack

Yet again the Torys on 23:07 - Sep 8 by londonlisa2001

And?

It still hits the lower paid the most which is what I said.

You’re right that it doesn’t kick in for earnings up to the primary threshold. Anyone in a full time job is above that.

Retired people will pay the 1.25%.

Just saying! Retired ppl don't pay NI at all.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2021 23:28]
Yet again the Torys on 23:42 - Sep 8 with 656 viewslondonlisa2001

Yet again the Torys on 23:27 - Sep 8 by controversial_jack

Just saying! Retired ppl don't pay NI at all.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2021 23:28]

Those over state pension age do actually pay class 4 where relevant to them (self employed).

And they will pay the additional 1.25% (everyone of state retirement age that earns enough).

But again, it’s not relevant to my point that it’s a regressive tax that hits those on lower pay far more than those who earn a lot.
Yet again the Torys on 23:51 - Sep 8 with 646 viewscontroversial_jack

Yet again the Torys on 23:42 - Sep 8 by londonlisa2001

Those over state pension age do actually pay class 4 where relevant to them (self employed).

And they will pay the additional 1.25% (everyone of state retirement age that earns enough).

But again, it’s not relevant to my point that it’s a regressive tax that hits those on lower pay far more than those who earn a lot.

i'm over 60 retired and in receipt of private pensions. I do not pay NI. Self employed would not be retired as they are still working

If they are earning they will pay of course, regardless of age. Retired people will not.

I agree it's a tax that's loaded against the lower earners.
Yet again the Torys on 00:07 - Sep 9 with 639 viewslondonlisa2001

Yet again the Torys on 23:51 - Sep 8 by controversial_jack

i'm over 60 retired and in receipt of private pensions. I do not pay NI. Self employed would not be retired as they are still working

If they are earning they will pay of course, regardless of age. Retired people will not.

I agree it's a tax that's loaded against the lower earners.

I thought you were talking about people of retirement age (at the moment, even if working they don’t pay NI when the6 hit retirement age whereas they will pay the extra bit - after 1 year at least).
Yes, people who don’t actually work don’t pay NI. Pension income doesn’t attract NI. Nor will the new bit when it’s part of NI or when it’s the whatever it’s being called levy.
Yet again the Torys on 03:47 - Sep 9 with 606 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Yet again the Torys on 10:12 - Sep 8 by max936

Hang on a minute Cat, this isn't about Labour, as to what they may have done this or done that, Tory's been in power for ten yrs, so any blame being apportioned to Labour is null and void.

The point is that loads on this THREAD are missing is that Johnson said in his manifesto that NO TAXES and NO NATIONAL INSURANCE contributions would be increased, that was HIS pledge.

I agree that Covid wasn't foreseen, but the mistakes he made the advice he didn't listen to etc all adds up and that's before we get into the contracts given out to the TORY friends for PPE, Track and Trace etc, the wastage of public money as been astronomical.

Cat is what you’d call a classic one eyed apologist. Labour wouldn’t have needed to do this - if they’d been in power over the last ten years the NHS and social care wouldn’t have been allowed to degenerate into this unholy mess. Ditto the other public services like Police and Fire Brigades.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Yet again the Torys on 03:57 - Sep 9 with 606 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Yet again the Torys on 20:58 - Sep 8 by Fireboy2

Your last paragraph resonated with me Cat.

It's how we used to look after our elders until we became selfish.

Or, before everyone in a household had to work as one wage simply wasn’t enough to cope with ever rising house prices for example? That’s been the case since 1979.

It’s symptomatic of the way we’ve been forced to live and it’s a reflection - families stretched so government has to step in ergo government and funding stretched. With people living longer this has been a ticking time bomb for decades - but no one had the foresight to tackle it (or rather back heeled it to the next incoming government).

Yet again the Torys on 04:01 - Sep 9 with 605 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Yet again the Torys on 18:10 - Sep 8 by ThurrockJack92

I could stomach an increase in taxes to pay for social care if it went hand in hand with a full review of the industry. It apparently costs several thousands a month to provide but the people actually providing the care are amongst the most poorly paid in our society, this suggest a lot of unnecessary bloat or people exploiting the industry to make undue profits...

And government (especially the Tories) don’t want that responsibility. If we had a lot more government owned and run care homes care costs for the individual would be a lot more easy to stomach for families- and let’s face it unless you’ve had a job with a gold plated pension not many could afford the privateer prices. It’s another area of privatization where everyone loses really (government included)- granny farming.

Login to get fewer ads

Yet again the Torys on 07:47 - Sep 9 with 586 viewsItchySphincter

Yet again the Torys on 10:43 - Sep 8 by Catullus

No Max, this is about politicians. Starmer has said he doesn't support this but we all know Labour would have raised taxes too.

People suggesting only the tories would have doen this is party blindness. Either taxes go up or the sytem collapses, unless people were told to pay more themselves. Would anybody prefer it if the cap were taken away and a hard working now retired OAP needing social care had to give up ALL their assets when someone who lived their life on benefits would have to pay nothing?

That doesn't mean that Bojo isn't two faced lying C U next tuesday, of course he is but in this case, what did people expect? We all know manifestos are worthless. Getting all high and mighty about this is pointless, how many manifestos are ever rigidly obeyed?

Labour would have told you they were going to do it, and it would cost them an election win.

Tories would have vehemently denied they were going to do it, and win the election. Then they would then have done it anyway.

That’s how it works, because people are fundamentally stupid. ‘Working class Tory’.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Yet again the Torys on 08:38 - Sep 9 with 557 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Yet again the Torys on 07:47 - Sep 9 by ItchySphincter

Labour would have told you they were going to do it, and it would cost them an election win.

Tories would have vehemently denied they were going to do it, and win the election. Then they would then have done it anyway.

That’s how it works, because people are fundamentally stupid. ‘Working class Tory’.

It real is amazing that labour voted against raising extra funds for the NHS and social care.

I thought labour were all in favour of extra funding for "their" NHS.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Yet again the Torys on 08:51 - Sep 9 with 548 viewsWhiterockin

Yet again the Torys on 00:07 - Sep 9 by londonlisa2001

I thought you were talking about people of retirement age (at the moment, even if working they don’t pay NI when the6 hit retirement age whereas they will pay the extra bit - after 1 year at least).
Yes, people who don’t actually work don’t pay NI. Pension income doesn’t attract NI. Nor will the new bit when it’s part of NI or when it’s the whatever it’s being called levy.

Just for clarity. I am of pensionable age, I receive my state pension, a couple of private pensions and continue to do some employed work (at my employers request). I receive my state pension tax free, but pay tax on some of my private pensions because it pushes me over the threshold, and pay tax on all of my paid income.

Under the new NI rules will I be paying the new levy at 1.25% over and above the threshold or do I pay the full NI rate at 13.25%. I think it is the former.
Yet again the Torys on 09:13 - Sep 9 with 535 viewsmajorraglan

Yet again the Torys on 08:51 - Sep 9 by Whiterockin

Just for clarity. I am of pensionable age, I receive my state pension, a couple of private pensions and continue to do some employed work (at my employers request). I receive my state pension tax free, but pay tax on some of my private pensions because it pushes me over the threshold, and pay tax on all of my paid income.

Under the new NI rules will I be paying the new levy at 1.25% over and above the threshold or do I pay the full NI rate at 13.25%. I think it is the former.

I am not an accountant, but I think it’s the latter on income above the threshold. The below rates are out of date, but it gives you an idea.

https://www.gov.uk/national-insurance-rates-letters
Yet again the Torys on 09:29 - Sep 9 with 517 viewsWhiterockin

Yet again the Torys on 09:13 - Sep 9 by majorraglan

I am not an accountant, but I think it’s the latter on income above the threshold. The below rates are out of date, but it gives you an idea.

Thanks mate but that's why I was hoping Lisa would reply. She gave the impression that the payment would only be the "extra bit" 1.25%. She also said, I think, it is only on earnings not pensions. That would mean I would only pay on earnings not total income.
Yet again the Torys on 09:48 - Sep 9 with 497 viewsRonaldStump

The same charlatans that are telling you to go get jabbed. Who care about the nations health and not about filling their pockets. You're correct charlatans the lot of em

(He She Him)

Yet again the Torys on 10:28 - Sep 9 with 476 viewsonehunglow

Looking at the previous comment of punters on this forum past and present,little respect is shown to "elders" and most would not tolerate looking after old people even their own parents so we leave the state look after them whenever possible.

You do not need to look very far to see the ageist comments that are common a a pejorative.

This country dumps on old people and those who have been thrifty have to flog their own homes to pay for the "comfort" provided by feral Care Home owners,who are the real selfish individuals Fireboy talks about. We are seeing this attitude in the Covid anti vaxxer debates which shame us all. It seems perfectly ok for old ones to snuff it so long a the young can get into clubs and get doped outta their brains.

Again,much disingenuous hypocritical crepe being aired and it turns my stomach.

Still,it's an easy tap in for Tory haters-lifelong labour voters- and it shows.

Labour are just as much to blame for all this.

As for Boris,he is pond life and that is an insult to little insects,whilst Starmer seems not to have a "plan".

We are screwed

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Yet again the Torys on 11:04 - Sep 9 with 457 viewslondonlisa2001

Yet again the Torys on 08:51 - Sep 9 by Whiterockin

For next year (starting April 2022) the 1.25% will be added to the National Insurance percentage and you won’t pay anything as now (your employer does pay employers national insurance - it’s only the employee bit that doesn’t apply).

From April 2023, the 1.25% is being separated from National Insurance and will show as a separate levy on payslips etc. You will have to pay that (the levy) but you will still not pay National Insurance (which will have reverted back to current levels). So nothing for 22/23 tax year, 1.25% for 23/24 tax year onwards.

Only on earnings - not on other pensions income.
Yet again the Torys on 11:11 - Sep 9 with 452 viewsonehunglow

Yet again the Torys on 11:04 - Sep 9 by londonlisa2001

For next year (starting April 2022) the 1.25% will be added to the National Insurance percentage and you won’t pay anything as now (your employer does pay employers national insurance - it’s only the employee bit that doesn’t apply).

From April 2023, the 1.25% is being separated from National Insurance and will show as a separate levy on payslips etc. You will have to pay that (the levy) but you will still not pay National Insurance (which will have reverted back to current levels). So nothing for 22/23 tax year, 1.25% for 23/24 tax year onwards.

Plenty of old buggers on this site.
How many young bloods on here?

Are these sites mainly for us oldies with too much time on our hands

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Yet again the Torys on 11:13 - Sep 9 with 452 viewslondonlisa2001

Yet again the Torys on 08:38 - Sep 9 by felixstowe_jack

It real is amazing that labour voted against raising extra funds for the NHS and social care.

I thought labour were all in favour of extra funding for "their" NHS.

Labour tend to support funding public services with progressive taxation that doesn’t exempt the richest in society.

As has already been explained.
Yet again the Torys on 11:14 - Sep 9 with 450 viewslondonlisa2001

Yet again the Torys on 09:13 - Sep 9 by majorraglan

No it’s just the levy.
Yet again the Torys on 11:16 - Sep 9 with 447 viewsBoundy

Yet again the Torys on 13:52 - Sep 8 by Catullus

Exactly my point. Whoever was in government, they would have to have done some kind of furlough scheme and taxes would have to have gone up afterwards to help pay the bill.

My gripe with this is that Bojo has gone about it the wrong way, it shouldn't be on NI but otherwise, did people really think there wouldn't have been some kind of money grab?

Social care took a hammering this last 18 months. Maybe the answer is to stop dumping our families in care homes and look after them more ourselves? Obviously there will be those who need the 24 hour care, who can't be looked after at home but there will be a lot who can.

your point regarding taking care of ones own is fine in principle but after having to watch my late mum in law struggle with basic functions after her husband passed away and being deemed unbale to look after herself, it was with deep regret that she ended up in a care home. For her to live with us would have meant either we installed a bathroom down stairs (not feasible in any way) or she stayed living upstairs ( she had extremely limited movement due to a knee op which went wrong and a recent hip op ) My wife made the decision and its one she regrets ever since .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Yet again the Torys on 11:29 - Sep 9 with 430 viewsWhiterockin

Yet again the Torys on 11:04 - Sep 9 by londonlisa2001

Thank you Lisa. Its nice to have the facts, rather than an opinion of what should happen.
Yet again the Torys on 11:31 - Sep 9 with 423 viewsCatullus

Yet again the Torys on 03:47 - Sep 9 by Brynmill_Jack

Cat is what you’d call a classic one eyed apologist. Labour wouldn’t have needed to do this - if they’d been in power over the last ten years the NHS and social care wouldn’t have been allowed to degenerate into this unholy mess. Ditto the other public services like Police and Fire Brigades.

Classic one eyed apologist? Laughable mun. Show me where i apologised for Bojo? was it when I said he's a two faced lying C U next tuesday or when I said this,

'My gripe with this is that Bojo has gone about it the wrong way, it shouldn't be on NI but otherwise, did people really think there wouldn't have been some kind of money grab?'

You're at it again Brynnie, suggesting I only moan about Labour. Do you never see my posts moaning about the tories? What about my post on this thread pointing out that (in my opinion) nothing will inmprove when the people responsible for fixing the problem are the problem. Is that being a tory apologist?

You are the one eyed apologist Brynnie, Labour can do no wrong despite 20 years of Welsh Labour and look at the mess Wales is in.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Yet again the Torys on 11:36 - Sep 9 with 415 viewsDr_Winston

Yet again the Torys on 03:47 - Sep 9 by Brynmill_Jack

Labour were responsible for the PFI's that have hamstrung most NHS Trusts in the guise of "Investment" though. I guess the only real difference is that more taxes would be being spent on the NHS for largely similar outcomes.

The NHS has a budget in excess of £150bn p/a and employs nearly 1.5m people. In comparison there are less than 1m people working in German hospitals. You'd have to be a fool to think that the only answer is to continue pouring more and more money in.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Yet again the Torys on 11:37 - Sep 9 with 414 viewsWhiterockin

Yet again the Torys on 11:16 - Sep 9 by Boundy

your point regarding taking care of ones own is fine in principle but after having to watch my late mum in law struggle with basic functions after her husband passed away and being deemed unbale to look after herself, it was with deep regret that she ended up in a care home. For her to live with us would have meant either we installed a bathroom down stairs (not feasible in any way) or she stayed living upstairs ( she had extremely limited movement due to a knee op which went wrong and a recent hip op ) My wife made the decision and its one she regrets ever since .

Its a fine balance between, quality of life, affordability and practicality. I agree with much of what Cat says but many of the elderly are not dumped into care homes. Tell your wife not to beat herself up about it, we all make decisions we regret, but think they are for the best.
Yet again the Torys on 11:45 - Sep 9 with 399 viewsCatullus

Yet again the Torys on 11:36 - Sep 9 by Dr_Winston

Labour were responsible for the PFI's that have hamstrung most NHS Trusts in the guise of "Investment" though. I guess the only real difference is that more taxes would be being spent on the NHS for largely similar outcomes.

The NHS has a budget in excess of £150bn p/a and employs nearly 1.5m people. In comparison there are less than 1m people working in German hospitals. You'd have to be a fool to think that the only answer is to continue pouring more and more money in.

Drakeford is using a PFI scheme to pay for the new Velindre hospital and used it for the heads of the valleys road improvement scheme. It's costing Wales hundreds of millions, it's doubled the price of the work.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024