Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 AFTERMATH 16:45 - Sep 12 with 13161 viewsNotLoyal

English Championship

Swansea City v Millwall
Wednesday September 15th 2021
The newly named stadium
Kick off 7.45pm

You can watch via SKY Sports 🔴 Button.

Match Officials : JOHN BUSBY

Steven Meredith and Andrew Fox

Fourth Official : Dean Whitestone

Ooooh, look what I’ve got, referee John Busby doing show and tell at work

Millwall will come bowling in to Swansea with their sights firmly set on Rossi’s chip bar renowned internationally for its chips. In recent times their bowling in to towns has caused a few headaches, on Saturday for example they had a right old do with supporters of WBA. There was lots of dancing, the odd punch and a bloke at one point had a bit of a kip on the floor.

Millwall fans come bowling in to another town yet again. Utter mayhem

The game will be played at he newly named stadium also known as the ‘ Used to be called the Liberty stadium’ in Swansea. A chap called Martin’s Organ is currently in the building and it is expected this week he will have some lovely new signs put up if he gets a few hours off. Which is nice.

Earliest news that’s described as latest news

Ntcham chomping at the bit : Swansea City v Millwall Wednesday night under the lights 13th Sep 2021 09:00
After a memorable debut for Swansea City on Saturday Olivier Ntcham is chomping at the bit for more football after testing himself at his new home stadium for the first time. In a very polished, and times a tough tackling debut, he is desperate for more. 0

Expectations are high tonight for both Swansea and Millwall 15th Sep 2021 10:33
Saturdays away draw at WBA has lifted the spirits of Millwall boss Gary Rowett, his expectation tonight has to be at least a draw, and as long as his defence keep the swans quiet, maybe even a win. 0

Rhys Williams :The ability of this player is far beyond the Championship 15th Sep 2021 12:49
Liverpool loanee Rhys Williams has already gained the respect of Swansea City manager Russell Martin and his new team mates at the swans. On top of that it’s clear the Harry Wilson mistake the Anfield club made last season by loaning him to Cardiff when better options were available has been learned. 0

Ben Hamer wants to be Swansea City number one 15th Sep 2021 15:28
It did come as a bit of a surprise on Saturday when Ben Hamer was named in the starting eleven against Hull City. What was more of a surprise was that Steven Benda who had been given the jersey for the first five league games wasn’t given more opportunity to develop within the new Russell Martin ‘total football’ philosophy. 0

Tonight’s game at the newly named stadium kicks off at 7.45pm. Tickets for the game are still available from the stadium or online. You can watch via SKY Sports 🔴 Button. Millwall are expected to bring a small away following of around 120.

Swansea City: Ben Hamer; Ryan Bennett, Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango; Ethan Laird, Flynn Downes, Matt Grimes (captain), Ryan Manning; Olivier Ntcham, Jamie Paterson; Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Jay Fulton, Michael Obafemi, Liam Cullen, Joel Latibeaudiere, Jake Bidwell, Liam Walsh.

Millwall: Bartosz Bialkowski, Murray Wallace, Jake Cooper (captain), Maikel Kieftenbeld, Jed Wallace, Scott Malone, George Saville, Dan Ballard, Billy Mitchell, Mason Bennett, Tom Bradshaw.

Substitutes: George Long, Alex Pearce, Ryan Leonard, Ben Thompson, Connor Mahoney, Matt Smith, Jon Dadi Bodvarsson.

Half Time stats

That’s it folks

No goals for 180 minutes but the signs in the second half are clearly there 15th Sep 2021 22:26
Russell Martin will have to navigate an away game at Luton and then a league cup away tie against Brighton before he again tries for his first home win at the swansea.com stadium. Not for another ten days when Huddersfield are the visitors will the ‘no home wins’ mantra be repeated. So be it. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 18:07 - Sep 12 with 4310 viewsWalterBoyd

Starting 11.

I'll start, here's 2 that must start for me.

Downes.
Ntcham.
Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 21:33 - Sep 12 with 4253 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 18:07 - Sep 12 by WalterBoyd

Starting 11.

Downes.
Ntcham.

I’ll give you a Piroe and R.Williams.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 22:05 - Sep 12 with 4231 viewsWalterBoyd

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 21:33 - Sep 12 by KeithHaynes

I’ll give you a Piroe and R.Williams.

We are up to 4 players.

Cant argue with any of them.

William's was brilliant. What a talent.

I'll raise your William's and throw in a Laird.

Up to 5 of starting 11.

It will get more difficult for the next 6.

I know which goalkeeper I would go with.
Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 22:10 - Sep 12 with 4227 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 22:05 - Sep 12 by WalterBoyd

We are up to 4 players.

Cant argue with any of them.

William's was brilliant. What a talent.

I'll raise your William's and throw in a Laird.

Up to 5 of starting 11.

It will get more difficult for the next 6.

I know which goalkeeper I would go with.

It’s getting tricky now but I have to say Ntcham.

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 22:14 - Sep 12 with 4223 viewsWalterBoyd

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 22:10 - Sep 12 by KeithHaynes

It’s getting tricky now but I have to say Ntcham.

He was in the first 2 players picked. I know you have been partying in Talbot Green, but please keep up.
Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 22:19 - Sep 12 with 4217 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 22:14 - Sep 12 by WalterBoyd

He was in the first 2 players picked. I know you have been partying in Talbot Green, but please keep up.

Ah yes, forgive me, then I’ll say Grimes.
My head does hurt tonight.

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 22:22 - Sep 12 with 4215 viewsWalterBoyd

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 22:19 - Sep 12 by KeithHaynes

Ah yes, forgive me, then I’ll say Grimes.
My head does hurt tonight.

Grimes yes, if he wasn't captain, questions would be raised. Downes can do same job but better.

Hamer in goals.

That's 6 of starting 11. No questions.

Piroe or Obafemi - can we start both
Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 05:14 - Sep 13 with 4139 viewsChief

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 22:22 - Sep 12 by WalterBoyd

Grimes yes, if he wasn't captain, questions would be raised. Downes can do same job but better.

Hamer in goals.

Maybe Obafemi for Patterson.

Problem then is neither of Downes, Grimes or Ntcham are naturally attacking midfielders. It's possible that Ntcham given his pedigree could do a job in this division maybe....

But they are all similar.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 10:18 - Sep 13 with 4039 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 05:14 - Sep 13 by Chief

Maybe Obafemi for Patterson.

Problem then is neither of Downes, Grimes or Ntcham are naturally attacking midfielders. It's possible that Ntcham given his pedigree could do a job in this division maybe....

But they are all similar.

Ngcham has stated it’s his favourite position though.

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 10:27 - Sep 13 with 4026 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 18:07 - Sep 12 by WalterBoyd

Starting 11.

Downes.
Ntcham.

Agree and I'd add Williams and Cabango.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 10:27]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 10:29 - Sep 13 with 4010 viewsonehunglow

Drop Grimes .Make Downey the main man as he surely will be and hand captaincy to Bennett before Flynn gets the gig.

Suggest Russ is bold.

He dropped Benda who didn’t impress him now do the same with a vastly overrated player whom we couldn’t sell.

Truth

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 11:00 - Sep 13 with 4006 viewsThornburyswan

After the Hull performance Nauts warrants another shot at the Beckenbauer role.
Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 11:05 - Sep 13 with 3988 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 11:00 - Sep 13 by Thornburyswan

After the Hull performance Nauts warrants another shot at the Beckenbauer role.

Naughton is that..?

In the same sentence as Beckenbauer? Fair play, I cannot top that
Bravo

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 18:20 - Sep 13 with 3812 viewsbuilthjack

I will give you Manning

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 18:29 - Sep 13 with 3801 viewsFlashberryjack

Ethan Laird ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 18:33 - Sep 13 with 3798 viewsscruffyjack

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 18:20 - Sep 13 by builthjack

I will give you Manning

Instead of Bidwell, please.
Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 20:13 - Sep 13 with 3725 viewsWalterBoyd

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 18:20 - Sep 13 by builthjack

I will give you Manning

He seems to get played in a variety of positions.

In the Hull game, when Manning came on, it looked like our defenders asked him what position he was going to play, they looked bemused by his reply.

He put a few crosses in, but we just didn't have the numbers in the box.

Manning as left wing back? Bidwell bench ?
Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 21:14 - Sep 13 with 3671 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 20:13 - Sep 13 by WalterBoyd

He seems to get played in a variety of positions.

In the Hull game, when Manning came on, it looked like our defenders asked him what position he was going to play, they looked bemused by his reply.

He put a few crosses in, but we just didn't have the numbers in the box.

Manning as left wing back? Bidwell bench ?

"Manning as left wing back? Bidwell bench ?"

Neither are quick enough, but has the saying goes beggars can't be choosers.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 22:16 - Sep 13 with 3615 viewsBadlands

I will give you Manning

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 00:02 - Sep 14 with 3553 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 22:16 - Sep 13 by Badlands

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 10:25 - Sep 14 with 3378 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 22:22 - Sep 12 by WalterBoyd

Hamer in goals.

Both

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 15:15 - Sep 14 with 3161 viewsWalterBoyd

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 10:25 - Sep 14 by jackrmee

Both

Yep, just watched Russ press conference, stated he would at some point play the 2 up front and said he regularly played 2 strikers last season with M.K. Dons.

Try anything if it means more shots, more goals for us and we dont lose out too much in midfield.

Watch this space.
Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 10:44 - Sep 15 with 2807 viewsKeithHaynes

Expectations are high tonight for both Swansea and Millwall 15th Sep 2021 10:33
Saturdays away draw at WBA has lifted the spirits of Millwall boss Gary Rowett, his expectation tonight has to be at least a draw, and as long as his defence keep the swans quiet, maybe even a win. 0

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 10:49 - Sep 15 with 2794 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 15:15 - Sep 14 by WalterBoyd

Yep, just watched Russ press conference, stated he would at some point play the 2 up front and said he regularly played 2 strikers last season with M.K. Dons.

Try anything if it means more shots, more goals for us and we dont lose out too much in midfield.

Watch this space.

Already getting far more attempts on goals than the last two seasons!
Goals, yes please but we were hardly prolific under Cooper.
This squad and Martin need another couple of months.

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 10:55 - Sep 15 with 2787 viewsmax936

Be carnage on here around 22:00 hrs if we lose,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024