Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hamer or Benda ? 22:19 - Sep 12 with 2948 viewsWalterBoyd

Who is your first choice keeper?

I know Hamer had an easy match against Hull but no mistakes so would stay with him.

Russ must have doubts about Benda, otherwise why dropped.
Hamer or Benda ? on 22:19 - Sep 12 with 1611 viewsKeithHaynes

I’m going with Benda.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Hamer or Benda ? on 22:27 - Sep 12 with 1591 viewsWalterBoyd

Hamer or Benda ? on 22:19 - Sep 12 by KeithHaynes

I’m going with Benda.

Dont complicate my starting 11 . Why ?

Russ must have doubts. You need to stick with one keeper in the league. Confidence, communication with the defence.

Benda must be lacking to be dropped, apart from what we have seen.

His distribution has been excellent.

Hamer I reckon.
Hamer or Benda ? on 22:29 - Sep 12 with 1590 viewsCatullus

I read Martins thoughts on this, he says he'llpick whichever does better in training, there is no fixed No1.

Personally, I don't know. Hamer did have an easier game than Benda has had. He looked cool and calm, did well under the high ball, no mistakes. I guess I'd have to wait and see how he did if he had a run in the side. I thought Benda was looking promising though.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Hamer or Benda ? on 22:45 - Sep 12 with 1563 viewsWalterBoyd

I think there should be a fixed number 1. Give the back up the cup matches.

Communication in defence is so important and the backbone of the team.
Hamer or Benda ? on 23:11 - Sep 12 with 1534 viewsjackrabbit

Closely related to this topic of course, I see our old boy, Freddie Woodman very nobly helped Ronaldo settle back into Premier League football with a couple of goalkeeping bloopers yesterday. I felt for him. Hell of an upgrade in the quality of strike force he’s been used to and was up against yesterday. I think yesterday’s experience might well affect his future selection fairly drastically. To be fair, he had no chance with the other 2 goals. Pretty miserable afternoon. I’m sure this board sends its best wishes.
Hamer or Benda ? on 23:36 - Sep 12 with 1518 viewsjasper_T

Hamer or Benda ? on 22:45 - Sep 12 by WalterBoyd

I think there should be a fixed number 1. Give the back up the cup matches.

Communication in defence is so important and the backbone of the team.

The manager disagrees with you there given what he said post-match.
Hamer or Benda ? on 23:45 - Sep 12 with 1509 viewsWalterBoyd

Hamer or Benda ? on 23:36 - Sep 12 by jasper_T

The manager disagrees with you there given what he said post-match.

Oh yep, I know he disagrees with me.

He is the manager so I go with him, but every other manager I have known likes to have a regular, consistent number one in the league and I agree with them.

All opinions welcome.
Hamer or Benda ? on 01:05 - Sep 13 with 1465 viewsDr_Parnassus

Hull was “an easy match”? Agreed.

Interesting.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Login to get fewer ads

Hamer or Benda ? on 06:53 - Sep 13 with 1418 viewsItchySphincter

Benda is the future. Hamer is cover.

I feel very sorry for Benda, he was probably handed the biggest role out of all the players this season and dropping him after a handful of games is a massive vote of no confidence. A real shame IMO because he’s not going to develop sitting on the bench.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Hamer or Benda ? on 07:36 - Sep 13 with 1399 viewsangryjack

Hamer or Benda ? on 06:53 - Sep 13 by ItchySphincter

Benda is the future. Hamer is cover.

I feel very sorry for Benda, he was probably handed the biggest role out of all the players this season and dropping him after a handful of games is a massive vote of no confidence. A real shame IMO because he’s not going to develop sitting on the bench.

Dropped as too many mistakes in him..
Hamer or Benda ? on 08:31 - Sep 13 with 1349 viewsItchySphincter

Hamer or Benda ? on 07:36 - Sep 13 by angryjack

Dropped as too many mistakes in him..

The way he was asked to play put a lot of pressure on him. He needs support. Only if he makes the same mistakes over and over is there a problem.

We’ve seen absolutely nothing from Hamer to suggest he’s better in the same situations. He’s well in to his career and it’s not as if he came with a massive reputation as a ball playing keeper.

If you ask the players to do something new you can’t throw them need the bus for making a couple of mistakes.

Benda all day long.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 11:40]

Hamer or Benda ? on 08:51 - Sep 13 with 1338 viewsCatullus

Hamer or Benda ? on 08:31 - Sep 13 by ItchySphincter

The way he was asked to play put a lot of pressure on him. He needs support. Only if he makes the same mistakes over and over is there a problem.

We’ve seen absolutely nothing from Hamer to suggest he’s better in the same situations. He’s well in to his career and it’s not as if he came with a massive reputation as a ball playing keeper.

If you ask the players to do something new you can’t throw them need the bus for making a couple of mistakes.

Benda all day long.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 11:40]

I don't think Benda's been thrown under the bus, Martin just has a different attitude to selection. I think we might see them both regularly this season.

I agree with WB, I'd pick the No1 and stick with him unless he had too bad a run. This manager does things differently though.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Hamer or Benda ? on 09:43 - Sep 13 with 1292 viewsBoundy

Hamer or Benda ? on 08:51 - Sep 13 by Catullus

I don't think Benda's been thrown under the bus, Martin just has a different attitude to selection. I think we might see them both regularly this season.

I agree with WB, I'd pick the No1 and stick with him unless he had too bad a run. This manager does things differently though.

Who's to say the Hamer won't become No1 choice , he's had an opportunity and took it well enough not to be dropped for Wednesday , that's football, the position is one not to lose

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Hamer or Benda ? on 10:10 - Sep 13 with 1257 viewsBadlands

It would be unfair to choose after Hamer's one game. He did what was needed really well but Hull offered little in attack or pressing of our defence when the ball was being played out. The new players worked well to create space and opportunities for the goalkeeper to pass to them without too much trouble. In all Benda's games the defence has been deeper and well marked making distribution trickier. Hamer's distribution was good though.
From what i remember of him in friendlies Hamer wasn't as good a shot stopper … but that may be my memory playing tricks.
I'd keep Hamer for Millwall with Naughton, Cabango and Williams in front of him.
(For entertainment Benda has to be first choice and TBH there probably isn’t much between them play wise.)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Hamer or Benda ? on 10:22 - Sep 13 with 1252 viewsKilkennyjack

Benda just isn’t good enough.
Happy to help.

Not seen enough of Hamer.

Beware of the Risen People

Hamer or Benda ? on 11:39 - Sep 13 with 1219 viewsItchySphincter

Hamer or Benda ? on 08:51 - Sep 13 by Catullus

The manager is bound to say that. He dropped him.

Potter tried it with Nordfeldt and Mulder. It doesn’t work, hence why all clubs have a number 1.

Our number 1 is Benda.

Hamer or Benda ? on 13:01 - Sep 13 with 1161 viewsReslovenSwan1

Hamer or Benda ? on 11:39 - Sep 13 by ItchySphincter

The manager is bound to say that. He dropped him.

Potter tried it with Nordfeldt and Mulder. It doesn’t work, hence why all clubs have a number 1.

Our number 1 is Benda.

Benda is young very tall athletic and talented. His judgement needs to improve. The penalty he gave away at Blackburn was criminal. He gave Blackburn a present and gave the referee a very east decision to make.

The Woodman / Margetson / Cooper system worked a treat. Woodman stayed on his line and anything outside the 6 yard box was the responsibility of Guehi and Cabango. Hardly any mess ups costing goals. Woodman was working to a strategy.

Hamer has been brought in to cut out the errors until the team has settled down into a consistent pattern with some wins. Benda will play in the cup and ease his way back in and work on the teams defensive strategy which is completely different to last season.

[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 14:03]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Hamer or Benda ? on 13:59 - Sep 13 with 1134 viewsonehunglow

Hamer or Benda ? on 10:22 - Sep 13 by Kilkennyjack

Happy to help.

Neither is brilliant and hard to say who is best.
It shows how bad our recruitment has been.
No keeper…no striker and we simply muddle on with it.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Hamer or Benda ? on 14:36 - Sep 13 with 1110 viewsTenbySwan

Hamer didn't have much to do but seemed to instill more confidence to me.
Benda has been a mistake waiting to happen which I guess is why he was dropped
Hamer or Benda ? on 14:40 - Sep 13 with 1105 viewskrunchykarrot

Benda for me he is young but give him a chance to develop. Woodman was afforded the chances?
Hamer or Benda ? on 15:59 - Sep 13 with 1042 viewsWhiterockin

To early to tell with Hamer for me. He did not put a foot wrong on Saturday but he did not have a lot to do. I don't see how he can be left out on Wednesday, and TBH I hope he has little to do again. I like Benda, but he always has a mistake in him.
Hamer or Benda ? on 16:35 - Sep 13 with 1015 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Hamer or Benda ? on 10:22 - Sep 13 by Kilkennyjack

Happy to help.

He'll be a regular in the Premier League or another top European league soon enough.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Hamer or Benda ? on 17:02 - Sep 13 with 989 viewsItchySphincter

Hamer or Benda ? on 13:59 - Sep 13 by onehunglow

We have two keepers and two strikers?

Looks okay to me.

Hamer or Benda ? on 17:06 - Sep 13 with 986 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Hamer or Benda ? on 13:59 - Sep 13 by onehunglow

Benda is brilliant. Truly. Admittedly he has made numerous mistakes with the ball at his feet, however there isn't another team in the country who would expect him to play the way he does. Even Ederson and Allison kick it long unless an obvious pass is on.

His positioning, reading of opponents body language and decision making to dive the right way, often before they've even shot, is unbelievable. The save against McGoldrick (Sheff Utd) was world class.

He is too good for this league.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Hamer or Benda ? on 17:38 - Sep 13 with 970 viewsItchySphincter

Not sure, but I’m leaning towards him being a top keeper. He looks impressive to me.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024