Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morgan Whittaker 23:13 - Sep 12 with 3108 viewsmax936

is he injured or just not fancied by Martin, not in yesterdays match day squad.?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Morgan Whittaker on 00:31 - Sep 13 with 1845 viewsKeithHaynes

I find it very odd, he has a decent goal scoring record, it seems he isn’t fancied. But Cullen is.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Morgan Whittaker on 07:34 - Sep 13 with 1769 viewsangryjack

Morgan Whittaker on 00:31 - Sep 13 by KeithHaynes

I find it very odd, he has a decent goal scoring record, it seems he isn’t fancied. But Cullen is.

We desperate for goals or something different offvthe bench and he's not included...strange
Morgan Whittaker on 10:10 - Sep 13 with 1672 viewsCatullus

It's a difficult call. We saw Whitts score the hat trick against lesser oppo but we don't see training. We just have to trust Martin, for now!

Obafemi is yet to bed in. I was hoping to see 2 up front. I think against Hull, if we'd had the extra forward for longer it may have paid off.
I can't see Cullen getting very much time because when Ntchama (sic) is match fit he could be quite the weapon for us. He looked pretty good so with fitness and getting match sharp too, he could be an inspired signing.
To be honest I don't really see where Cullem OR Whittaker fit in?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Morgan Whittaker on 10:14 - Sep 13 with 1663 viewsmax936

Morgan Whittaker on 00:31 - Sep 13 by KeithHaynes

Unless he's a bit disruptive, it is strange, he's a winger by trade as well we could do with him there, even if its as a sub and he's quite quick.

Morgan Whittaker on 10:15 - Sep 13 with 1656 viewsBadlands

I don’t think Martin would have been so keen to loan him out if he was in the plans.
I'd like to see more of Obafemi who on first glance looked to be similar to Cullen but I can’t see much change from the Piroe, Paterson, Ntcham trio up front unless there are injury concerns or Ntcham needing longer recover tine.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Morgan Whittaker on 10:16 - Sep 13 with 1656 viewsKeithHaynes

Morgan Whittaker on 10:14 - Sep 13 by max936

Unless he's a bit disruptive, it is strange, he's a winger by trade as well we could do with him there, even if its as a sub and he's quite quick.

Morgan is definitely not disruptive, he is a quiet individual, lives happily with his fiancé in Swansea and loves being at the club. It could well be his ability to learn quickly or take on board information, regardless that’s Martin’s job, I see a lot of potential in him.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Morgan Whittaker on 10:19 - Sep 13 with 1647 viewsmax936

Morgan Whittaker on 10:16 - Sep 13 by KeithHaynes

Morgan is definitely not disruptive, he is a quiet individual, lives happily with his fiancé in Swansea and loves being at the club. It could well be his ability to learn quickly or take on board information, regardless that’s Martin’s job, I see a lot of potential in him.

Good news, I agree he does seem like a quiet lad, I'd like to see him on the bench at least.

Morgan Whittaker on 10:20 - Sep 13 with 1645 viewsKilkennyjack

I agree.

7 months ago we paid £700,000 for him.

We have not given him a chance.

He should be in squad every week from what we have seen of others …

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Morgan Whittaker on 10:46 - Sep 13 with 1608 viewsonehunglow

So do I.
He has proven he knows where the goal is yet is treated with distain.
Another reason for me not to join the Russy daisy chain

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Morgan Whittaker on 11:01 - Sep 13 with 1593 viewsAndyCole

He's everything but disruptive, and not just a winger by trade.

By all accounts Morgan is bright, enthusiastic and a keen student. He's itching to get back in the 1st team squad to emulate his recent hat trick. He himself apparently says he can play anywhere along the frontline, is as comfortable cutting in from the right and shooting, driving through the left and crossing or playing down the middle. And scoring. Something we desperately need right now.

Word is he may be suffering from not being a Russ signing, just as JP was (and possibly still is).

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Morgan Whittaker on 11:09 - Sep 13 with 1583 viewsonehunglow

Morgan Whittaker on 11:01 - Sep 13 by AndyCole

He's everything but disruptive, and not just a winger by trade.

By all accounts Morgan is bright, enthusiastic and a keen student. He's itching to get back in the 1st team squad to emulate his recent hat trick. He himself apparently says he can play anywhere along the frontline, is as comfortable cutting in from the right and shooting, driving through the left and crossing or playing down the middle. And scoring. Something we desperately need right now.

Word is he may be suffering from not being a Russ signing, just as JP was (and possibly still is).

It may be Whittaker likes to take aim go forward to shoot at goal. He s scored a hat trick recently and seems to have less support than a Truss. Our fan base is shamed by not supporting the lad and showing Martin he is NOT the genius he thinks he is.
Cullen on the other hand is still there and selected before him.
Cullen .

And it is we who are negative ?

Morgan Whittaker on 11:44 - Sep 13 with 1565 viewsvetchonian

Morgan Whittaker on 11:09 - Sep 13 by onehunglow

It may be Whittaker likes to take aim go forward to shoot at goal. He s scored a hat trick recently and seems to have less support than a Truss. Our fan base is shamed by not supporting the lad and showing Martin he is NOT the genius he thinks he is.
Cullen .

Funny after his arrival and his goal against MAn City super Russels predecessor was receiving lots of flak for not giving him more game...funny how when hs doenst even get to the bench even after scoring a hat trick the current manager is not even "questioned" over this decision.
Maybe he could have been the "spark" to come off the bench on Saturday....but it seems most were happy with an entertaining goaless draw against quality oppostion..

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Morgan Whittaker on 12:01 - Sep 13 with 1544 viewsmax936

Morgan Whittaker on 11:09 - Sep 13 by onehunglow

Cullen .

Should be on the bench at least, it’s ridiculous😡

Morgan Whittaker on 12:36 - Sep 13 with 1522 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Morgan Whittaker on 12:01 - Sep 13 by max936

Should be on the bench at least, it’s ridiculous😡

Martin, doesn't like him for whatever reason, but it is not on his goalscoring ability.
Therefore Martin appears to be damaging the Club's ability to win games based on prejudice.
Never a good sign in any mananger, but very common unfortunately.
Morgan Whittaker on 14:21 - Sep 13 with 1453 viewsonehunglow

Morgan Whittaker on 12:36 - Sep 13 by A_Fans_Dad

Martin, doesn't like him for whatever reason, but it is not on his goalscoring ability.
Therefore Martin appears to be damaging the Club's ability to win games based on prejudice.
Never a good sign in any mananger, but very common unfortunately.

Agreed.
Hence my contempt for Martin. He is ,to me,an egotist.
We have a good lad here ,one who has beefed up as he should have and scored a terrific hat trick. He then gets benched and stays there for the very next game when we were disgusting.
Russ didn’t even apologise for the display.
That day ,he started Cullen ,out of position at that .

Every day that goes by sees me distrusting Russy even more.

There is nothing in him warranted his call to have us be patient at all. He will be off if or when he gets a better deal. Then what,another ingenue manager.

Oh for one who knows players,fit players,effective players and can draw up tactics to win.

Russ is playing with us right now .I’m pretty sure he has no idea as to what to do.

So there
[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 14:22]

Morgan Whittaker on 15:15 - Sep 13 with 1421 viewskrunchykarrot

Morgan Whittaker on 14:21 - Sep 13 by onehunglow

Agreed.
Hence my contempt for Martin. He is ,to me,an egotist.
We have a good lad here ,one who has beefed up as he should have and scored a terrific hat trick. He then gets benched and stays there for the very next game when we were disgusting.
Russ didn’t even apologise for the display.
That day ,he started Cullen ,out of position at that .

Every day that goes by sees me distrusting Russy even more.

There is nothing in him warranted his call to have us be patient at all. He will be off if or when he gets a better deal. Then what,another ingenue manager.

Oh for one who knows players,fit players,effective players and can draw up tactics to win.

Russ is playing with us right now .I’m pretty sure he has no idea as to what to do.

So there
[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 14:22]

OHL, it is a bit early to start crticising the squad and management at the moment your concerns coulld be correct on all counts but we need to give him untill Xmas to have an impact.

As for MW it could be that he thinks the same as me and that is the lad is lightweight at the moment and needs more time on the ball than is possible. I dont think he is a bad player just developing, read somewhere that he is at a level caught between U23 and first team.
Morgan Whittaker on 15:16 - Sep 13 with 1421 viewsjasper_T

He's not a "winger by trade", he's always been a striker. More a Rashford-type than a traditional centre forward maybe, but he's always looked lost trying to track back or get involved in build up play as a wide player has to.
Morgan Whittaker on 15:38 - Sep 13 with 1393 viewsmax936

Morgan Whittaker on 15:16 - Sep 13 by jasper_T

He's not a "winger by trade", he's always been a striker. More a Rashford-type than a traditional centre forward maybe, but he's always looked lost trying to track back or get involved in build up play as a wide player has to.

Oh well, l thought it was said he was more of a winger, when we signed him and not the centre forward that Coops wanted,
Anyway, he’s scored goals and l can’t see why he can’t be included in the match day squad, he might have got the goal that won us the game on Saturday, who knows.

Morgan Whittaker on 15:43 - Sep 13 with 1386 viewsBadlands

Morgan Whittaker on 11:44 - Sep 13 by vetchonian

Funny after his arrival and his goal against MAn City super Russels predecessor was receiving lots of flak for not giving him more game...funny how when hs doenst even get to the bench even after scoring a hat trick the current manager is not even "questioned" over this decision.
Maybe he could have been the "spark" to come off the bench on Saturday....but it seems most were happy with an entertaining goaless draw against quality oppostion..

This thread is supportive of Whittaker. Martin is being criticised indirectly.
Whittaker IMO should be in the plan but his hat trick was against a League 1 side that was true;y shocking.
On Saturday he would have made little difference IMO as our possession and dominance compacted the areas we had top play in. Like Daniel James Whittaker and Garrick before need space to run into to, against Hull there was none.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Morgan Whittaker on 16:03 - Sep 13 with 1360 viewsonehunglow

Morgan Whittaker on 15:15 - Sep 13 by krunchykarrot

OHL, it is a bit early to start crticising the squad and management at the moment your concerns coulld be correct on all counts but we need to give him untill Xmas to have an impact.

As for MW it could be that he thinks the same as me and that is the lad is lightweight at the moment and needs more time on the ball than is possible. I dont think he is a bad player just developing, read somewhere that he is at a level caught between U23 and first team.

Christmas then .
At least you have the guts to give a date.
Most are not.
Good on yer.

Frankly,we could be adrift ar Christmas and then what ? Allow more time for Russ to screw us up.

Sorry,ain’t having it.

I speak as we are now.

It’s all about what happens on the pitch.

Morgan Whittaker on 16:06 - Sep 13 with 1352 viewsonehunglow

Morgan Whittaker on 15:43 - Sep 13 by Badlands

Whittaker IMO should be in the plan but his hat trick was against a League 1 side that was true;y shocking.
On Saturday he would have made little difference IMO as our possession and dominance compacted the areas we had top play in. Like Daniel James Whittaker and Garrick before need space to run into to, against Hull there was none.

I get loads of crepe extolling the virtue of support yet here we have a good lad,a proven scorer including Manchester City and Cullen replaces him on the bench and started at Preston .

Cullen has done zero to suggest he can make the grade. Whittaker already has and he s effectively dumped on.
We support alright .Trouble is it s aimed at those who do not deserve it.

Morgan Whittaker on 17:03 - Sep 13 with 1315 viewsgrabsplatter

Morgan Whittaker on 15:16 - Sep 13 by jasper_T

I think you're spot on there & I the defensive side of his game needs to improve.
He wasn't very impressive against Plymouth for the majority of the game but the last 15 minutes showed what a player he could be, undoubtedly a good finisher but I wouldn't be playing him ahead of Piroe.
His game time is going to be limited but I'd have him on the bench ahead of Cullen.
Morgan Whittaker on 17:50 - Sep 13 with 1295 viewsjasper_T

Morgan Whittaker on 15:43 - Sep 13 by Badlands

What we did have against Hull was plenty of opportunities to shoot from distance, which we know he's happy to do.
Morgan Whittaker on 21:41 - Sep 13 with 1185 viewsjackrmee

Morgan Whittaker on 07:34 - Sep 13 by angryjack

We desperate for goals or something different offvthe bench and he's not included...strange

We had Oba and Cullen on the bench in that position.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Morgan Whittaker on 22:01 - Sep 13 with 1164 viewsFlashberryjack

scores a hattrick, then can't make the bench, that'll teach him.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024