Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ntcham chomping at the bit : Swansea City v Millwall Wednesday night under the l 09:00 - Sep 13 with 1385 viewsSwansIndependent

Ntcham chomping at the bit : Swansea City v Millwall Wednesday night under the lights 13th Sep 2021 09:00
After a memorable debut for Swansea City on Saturday Olivier Ntcham is chomping at the bit for more football after testing himself at his new home stadium for the first time. In a very polished, and times a tough tackling debut, he is desperate for more. 0

Click above for Swansea City v Millwall latest.
Click below to subscribe to us on Twitter

This post has been edited by an administrator
Ntcham chomping at the bit : Swansea City v Millwall Wednesday night under the l on 18:23 - Sep 15 with 1123 viewsRock

Ntcham has the ability on the ball few in this division have, blessed with balletic grace, quick feet on the half-turn, close control, excellent vision and an expansive range of passing, a wicked shot from distance and a physical presence in midfield. The question mark for him throughout his career has been his application and desire, whether he is motivated to perform to his ability on a consistent basis. In other words, a budget Paul Pogba. Difference being whereas Pogba is an ebullient character, the life of the party, Ntcham seems very reserved and dispassionate. That could be a good thing.

I’ve never watched Scottish football regularly, but I have caught a few Celtic and Rangers derbies and Europa Leagues games the last couple of years, particularly when Rodgers was manager. Ntcham has always been one of the standouts, a true twinkle-toed and calm Frenchman amongst the brutish anarchy of the Scots. Honestly never understood why he chose the league, didn’t seem a good fit and he apparently began feeling the same shortly after moving there. Up-and-down time at Celtic by all accounts, but judging from what I’ve actually seen he could be a difference maker for us this season.

He did an excellent job against Hull of drifting into pockets of space between their midfield and backline, and there were some excellent long balls, quick interplay with Piröe and a couple good shots that might have trouble the keeper on a different day. Lacked that true incisive final ball but that will come with more training and getting to know Martin’s system and his teammates better. His work-rate and conditioning impressed me, he’s clearly in really good shape and fit in with Martin’s high pressing game well. I have high hopes for this one, when Walsh returns they will dovetail nicely with Downes in midfield. Grimes might be the odd man out if he’s not careful.
Ntcham chomping at the bit : Swansea City v Millwall Wednesday night under the l on 20:47 - Sep 15 with 1074 viewsKeithHaynes

Let’s get chomping Olivier !

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ntcham chomping at the bit : Swansea City v Millwall Wednesday night under the l on 01:58 - Sep 22 with 949 viewsRock

Ntcham chomping at the bit : Swansea City v Millwall Wednesday night under the l on 20:47 - Sep 15 by KeithHaynes

Let’s get chomping Olivier !

Cheers, Keith, I think he took your advice and got to chomping!

I think he played pretty well against Millwall given all the circumstances, definitely lacked the energy and spark against that we saw more of in the Hull game.

I said he could be a difference maker for us this season and he certainly showed that this weekend, fantastic all-around performance. His ability is inarguable, absolutely marvelous footballer. But his passion, dedication and focus after coming in stood out for me. He will be a real driving force for us if he continues in the same vein this season. Obviously there will be dips in form, but if he can plays with the same passion as in the second half

For me, like Walsh, he’s more suited to the slightly deeper role that he played against Luton, where he has more space to turn and run at defenders or play long diagonal balls out wide and behind the backline. Also key to getting him between the lines where he can get enough space and time on the ball to line up rockets at goal like we saw this weekend. His versatility is a wonderful luxury to have, though, so Martin can suitably move him around the pitch depending on the gameplan and players available, and he will still perform.

Difficult thing about that is we also need his creativity and shotmaking ability close to goal right now, at least until Obafemi builds up his match fitness and gets up to speed. Obafemi is a beast, a tank in physique and lightning quick, but he’s missed a few sitters so far because he’s clearly not in his peak shape. That will come soon, so I’m not worried. I would like to see all of gifted footballers on the pitch at one time when everyone’s fully fit, though. For me, Piröe, Obafemi, Walsh, Ntcham, Downes and Laird have to be on the pitch together at some point, I think they’d be absolutely phenomenal together.

It’s going to be interesting going forward how Martin is going to fit all the different pieces in and where. I expect he’s going to take a page out of Potter’s and Guardiola’s books and move them around and shuffle the deck, so to speak, until he can figure out where everyone is best utilised, especially until everyone’s matchfit. Continuity is a good thing, but so is flexibility, so we’ll see.
Ntcham chomping at the bit : Swansea City v Millwall Wednesday night under the l on 02:10 - Sep 22 with 934 viewsRock

Ntcham chomping at the bit : Swansea City v Millwall Wednesday night under the l on 02:11 - Sep 22 with 923 viewsRock

Ntcham chomping at the bit : Swansea City v Millwall Wednesday night under the l on 02:15 - Sep 22 with 918 viewsWalterBoyd

Ntcham chomping at the bit : Swansea City v Millwall Wednesday night under the l on 02:10 - Sep 22 by Rock

That goal is beautiful as I commented in the match day thread.

If I wasn't already married and could remarry, that goal would be in the top ten of Swans goals recently that I would definitely date and sow my seeds avec.

Ntcham chomping at the bit : Swansea City v Millwall Wednesday night under the l on 02:31 - Sep 22 with 904 viewsRock

Ntcham chomping at the bit : Swansea City v Millwall Wednesday night under the l on 02:15 - Sep 22 by WalterBoyd

That goal is beautiful as I commented in the match day thread.

If I wasn't already married and could remarry, that goal would be in the top ten of Swans goals recently that I would definitely date and sow my seeds avec.

Lol, it was an absolutely stunning goal, Walter.

Glad we got Ntcham on the team, it’s shaping up to be a truly exciting season.

Cheers mate.
Ntcham chomping at the bit : Swansea City v Millwall Wednesday night under the l on 02:39 - Sep 22 with 901 viewsWalterBoyd

Ntcham chomping at the bit : Swansea City v Millwall Wednesday night under the l on 02:31 - Sep 22 by Rock

Cheers mate.

We have lost a few good players, no denying - Ayew, Robert's etc but I have to say I think recruitment has been excellent. Football is exciting, sometimes for wrong reasons, but I think attacking 3 of Piroe, Obanfemi and Ntcham will cause problems for most teams.

Laird on the right will just continue to grow into the role, quality player, more crosses to come.

Bidwell / Manning - totally different threat down left, but both offer something, both would run through a wall for Swans. They both give 100 % on the pitch. That's all you can ask for.

I certainly ain't bored watching us this season.

STID
Login to get fewer ads

Ntcham chomping at the bit : Swansea City v Millwall Wednesday night under the l on 03:24 - Sep 22 with 884 viewsRock

Ntcham chomping at the bit : Swansea City v Millwall Wednesday night under the l on 02:39 - Sep 22 by WalterBoyd

We have lost a few good players, no denying - Ayew, Robert's etc but I have to say I think recruitment has been excellent. Football is exciting, sometimes for wrong reasons, but I think attacking 3 of Piroe, Obanfemi and Ntcham will cause problems for most teams.

Laird on the right will just continue to grow into the role, quality player, more crosses to come.

Bidwell / Manning - totally different threat down left, but both offer something, both would run through a wall for Swans. They both give 100 % on the pitch. That's all you can ask for.

I certainly ain't bored watching us this season.

STID

Agreed, Walt.

Recruitment under Scott has been excellent, all the pieces are there for us to perform really well under Martin, and he’s the perfect manager for our club at this moment, especially after Cooperball. Like a good vegan juice cleanse, so to speak.

He’s got a bit of a task to fit all the pieces together, but they’re there, and we will see the team at its best in time. Getting everyone back matchfit is the necessity now, because we can all clearly see the results that having a bit of time training under Martin has had.

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the last three games, for sure, and all the games this season have been better than Cooperball. We’ll go through some ups and downs without a doubt, but everything is going in the right direction. Bright, blue skies on the horizon.
Ntcham chomping at the bit : Swansea City v Millwall Wednesday night under the l on 03:26 - Sep 22 with 879 viewsDr_Parnassus

Ntcham chomping at the bit : Swansea City v Millwall Wednesday night under the l on 03:24 - Sep 22 by Rock

Agreed, Walt.

Recruitment under Scott has been excellent, all the pieces are there for us to perform really well under Martin, and he’s the perfect manager for our club at this moment, especially after Cooperball. Like a good vegan juice cleanse, so to speak.

He’s got a bit of a task to fit all the pieces together, but they’re there, and we will see the team at its best in time. Getting everyone back matchfit is the necessity now, because we can all clearly see the results that having a bit of time training under Martin has had.

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the last three games, for sure, and all the games this season have been better than Cooperball. We’ll go through some ups and downs without a doubt, but everything is going in the right direction. Bright, blue skies on the horizon.

“I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the last three games, for sure, and all the games this season have been better than Cooperball. “

When you are fully sober, I suggest you refrain from reading these back.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Ntcham chomping at the bit : Swansea City v Millwall Wednesday night under the l on 10:00 - Sep 22 with 808 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ntcham chomping at the bit : Swansea City v Millwall Wednesday night under the l on 02:31 - Sep 22 by Rock

Cheers mate.

And not on loan, improving him for another team like Soppy Steve would have done. Perhaps he can only command youth players not hardened and talented professionals.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ntcham chomping at the bit : Swansea City v Millwall Wednesday night under the l on 11:10 - Sep 22 with 779 viewsChief

Ntcham chomping at the bit : Swansea City v Millwall Wednesday night under the l on 10:00 - Sep 22 by Brynmill_Jack

And not on loan, improving him for another team like Soppy Steve would have done. Perhaps he can only command youth players not hardened and talented professionals.

Like Rhys Williams and Ethan Laird you mean?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024