Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martin - Perspective so far 19:25 - Sep 15 with 6885 viewsRock

Martin didn’t get a pre-season with us, and has had five weeks to come in to a new club and get to know a completely new set of players and league, while attempting to change the identity and style of play back to where we were during our most successful period. This was the sole reason the owners paid almost half a million pounds to bring him here, full well knowing it would be a difficult transition at first. They did not do that just to change the script after a month or persevere with Cooper’s negative tactics. No matter what a few contrarian posters on here want or think, Martin will be here and the club are prepared for the long haul, so best to shape up and live in reality.

Our players have had two years, and this pre-season, of Cooperball built around sitting deep, clearing the ball under any pressure and hoofing it up to Ayew hoping he can get fouled and win a free-kick. It was always going to take a bit of time to get them to change their instincts at this point, and it’s certainly going to take longer without a pre-season to show them his preferred methods and patterns of play. Martin’s system is very dynamic but structured, built around positional play, and is very complex and different from what they have been accustomed to. Additionally, as Farke and Martin have both said recently, pre-season is about building fitness, and our squad is still not up to snuff on that yet. A long list of injuries and COVID outbreaks combined with a congested run of 7 games in 21 days did not help either, as the team barely had a handful of training sessions together before the international break. We saw a much-changed group of players this weekend, and that will only continue to get better with time.

Norwich under Farke has dominated the Championship playing positive, possession football but it didn’t happen overnight. His first season at Carrow Road resulted in the club finishing 13th and there were calls at difficult moments, mostly on social media, for him to be sacked. Pukki and Krul were unheralded free transfers and Buendia was an unknown brought in for just over £1m. Cantwell started just 18 games that first promotion season and had minimal impact (1 goals, 2 assists). Norwich’s leadership, sporting director Stuart Webber, understood that to build anything of quality takes time, patience and mettle, especially with the best architects. Farke was given time to develop the squad and implement his system, and they have achieved promotion in two of the following three seasons, while playing some of the best football the league has ever seen.

When Thomas Frank took over Brentford in October 2018 they were 6th in the division. They then lost eight of their first ten matches under him and were 17th or lower from the beginning of December until March, only finishing 12th after three wins to end the season, one of which was a forfeit by Bolton. And he wasn’t implementing a new playing style or getting to know a new team. He is a bright, quality coach but his reign has mostly been a continuation and slight refinement of the work that came before him by Dean Smith. Brentford stuck by him, and now they are beating Arsenal and in the top half of the PL a few seasons later.

Quality work takes time. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Martin is doing quality work, within a very difficult set of parameters, and has already had some impressive performances with our players and the type of football we are seeing. The results will come. Rome wasn’t built in a day. Time, patience and holding your nerve are the keys.
Martin - Perspective so far on 03:25 - Sep 22 with 867 viewsRock

Martin - Perspective so far on 03:19 - Sep 22 by Dr_Parnassus

Lol Bueno.

Exhibit A, m’lud.

“Wanting me to be your next toy”? Do you mean when I said you seem to be volunteering to be my next toy?

Words are very important, they cannot be changed to suit. You most certainly are volunteering to be my next toy, whether you are desired as that toy is another thing.

I much prefer trolls that actually are able to back their opinion with discussion points. At the moment your best retort seems to be “text speak” mixed in with year 7 Spanish.

Let’s hope there is more facets to this toy than meets the eye as I will most certainly be hunting out that receipt.

Just weird.
Martin - Perspective so far on 03:29 - Sep 22 with 861 viewsDr_Parnassus

Martin - Perspective so far on 03:25 - Sep 22 by Rock

Just weird.

Making up what people say always will be, yes.

I don’t understand why posters like you constantly do it. But I guess you have to get your kicks from somewhere at 3.30am

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Martin - Perspective so far on 03:30 - Sep 22 with 863 viewsRock

Martin - Perspective so far on 03:35 - Sep 22 with 852 viewsAndyCole

Martin - Perspective so far on 02:56 - Sep 22 by Rock

Lol, no worries Walt.

Muchas gracias, but they’re not really that hard to put down.

Just all “skewed narratives” and trolling, and I have no interest in the weird, endless back-and-forths.

Get some rest mate, live to fight another day.

'Fight another day'. Oh dear says it all.

You started very well fair play rock, with your plagiarism from a football rag.

Since then you seem to have descended into a shouty, unpleasant, troublemaking 'troll', sweeping up the hapless sheeple in your wake, cheaply endearing them with the ol' first name trick. And the sheeple like Walt bought it. Poor form. And poorer form for the twps that got swept up.

Say something original.

What are your thoughts on how Martin is now being shaped and controlled by the Jenkinistas ?

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Martin - Perspective so far on 03:35 - Sep 22 with 851 viewsDr_Parnassus

Martin - Perspective so far on 03:30 - Sep 22 by Rock

Wonderful recognition for 45 mins of football.

Now he needs to learn from the errors and he can get better accolades then, like these:-

Bueno

Martin - Perspective so far on 03:40 - Sep 22 with 835 viewsDr_Parnassus

Martin - Perspective so far on 03:35 - Sep 22 by AndyCole

'Fight another day'. Oh dear says it all.

You started very well fair play rock, with your plagiarism from a football rag.

Since then you seem to have descended into a shouty, unpleasant, troublemaking 'troll', sweeping up the hapless sheeple in your wake, cheaply endearing them with the ol' first name trick. And the sheeple like Walt bought it. Poor form. And poorer form for the twps that got swept up.

Say something original.

What are your thoughts on how Martin is now being shaped and controlled by the Jenkinistas ?

Indeed that sentence was very telling indeed.

When “Rock” first started posting, I nearly messaged the owners to inform them someone was spamming the board with articles. But he threw the odd bit in about Swansea too, so thought I would let it slide and give him the benefit of the doubt.

It’s clear he is here to troll and cause division. There is no original thought or debate in him. Articles, if that fails then will attack anyone and everyone who disagrees with them.

As you say, an unpleasant troll. But as I’ve always maintained, trolls don’t last long here. For one reason or another, they either get banned, run out of steam or realise nobody cares what they are blabbering on about and eventually slink away.

Bueno

Martin - Perspective so far on 03:40 - Sep 22 with 839 viewsRock

Martin - Perspective so far on 03:35 - Sep 22 by Dr_Parnassus

Wonderful recognition for 45 mins of football.

Now he needs to learn from the errors and he can get better accolades then, like these:-

Bueno

Lol, bueno.

You would think those “better accolades” would get him a better job than the last-placed club in the second division.

Sadly for him and you, football doesn’t work like that.

Well, maybe in the “fantasy football industry” but only you would know that.
Martin - Perspective so far on 03:46 - Sep 22 with 822 viewsDr_Parnassus

Martin - Perspective so far on 03:40 - Sep 22 by Rock

Lol, bueno.

You would think those “better accolades” would get him a better job than the last-placed club in the second division.

Sadly for him and you, football doesn’t work like that.

Well, maybe in the “fantasy football industry” but only you would know that.

Last placed now, yes.

If he can succeed there then it’s one of the biggest jobs you can get outside the Premier League.

One League title, two FA Cups, four League Cups, one FA Charity Shield, two European Cups and one UEFA Super Cup. They are a giant in this league.

He clearly backs himself to return them to where they belong. Best of luck to him, except against us.

I’m sure he’s getting the tortas de la abuela out in celebration.

Login to get fewer ads

Martin - Perspective so far on 03:52 - Sep 22 with 806 viewsAndyCole

Martin - Perspective so far on 03:40 - Sep 22 by Dr_Parnassus

Indeed that sentence was very telling indeed.

When “Rock” first started posting, I nearly messaged the owners to inform them someone was spamming the board with articles. But he threw the odd bit in about Swansea too, so thought I would let it slide and give him the benefit of the doubt.

It’s clear he is here to troll and cause division. There is no original thought or debate in him. Articles, if that fails then will attack anyone and everyone who disagrees with them.

As you say, an unpleasant troll. But as I’ve always maintained, trolls don’t last long here. For one reason or another, they either get banned, run out of steam or realise nobody cares what they are blabbering on about and eventually slink away.

Bueno

And bang on cue.......rock.....it chooses to respond be deflecting.

Couldn't make it up.

It's flailing, on the rocks. All at sea.....waiting for the next cue from The Athletic

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Martin - Perspective so far on 03:55 - Sep 22 with 791 viewsDr_Parnassus

He will sleep it off and be a better poster for it no doubt.

He needs time… or tiempo rather.

Martin - Perspective so far on 09:52 - Sep 22 with 636 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Martin - Perspective so far on 03:15 - Sep 22 by Rock

Lol, bueno.

Yikes.

First the bit about wanting me as “your next toy” now this stuff?

Progressively weirder, I’d hate to see what else you can come up with, time to call it a night.

That statement just shows how much of a self obsessed pyscho he is. Ruins this board with his own self aggrandizing nonsense although clearly wrong. Keep up the good work Rock.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Martin - Perspective so far on 10:15 - Sep 22 with 596 viewsonehunglow

You see,this is why OHL is so revered as ,being an independent minded moron,he is able to deposit his ego before posting.
We are seeing some phallic waving here which should really remain in the boudoir as it seems we are seeing the like of Rock-articulate and measured against Doctor P-irritating but assured locking horns and adducing their analyses which could both be wrong.

For readers who have not already been blinded by their combined Light,allow me to precis the season so far.

The excreable ,ugly and failing Cooper walked out the door and now seems esconced at Forest. Boohoo. Good luck to them.What a figure head. A gurning mealy mouthed nonenity that will kill Forest stone dead. Really who cares.

We have much prettier Russy,a great talker but inclined to verbosity mainly about himself and his plan,although Im not sure that is to return us to the Premier League ,which is what Potter was alluding to in his comments about our club. We need to get back and deserve to do so;sadly our fans don't share that ambition. Fact. It's always been our Achilles Heel. Anyway,I digress.

For our first game ,Russ left behind out main striker .
He then played Cullen in midfield at Preston whilst keeping young Whittaker on the bench.
Whittaker scored a hat trick which saw him being deemed surplus and meriting a loan out.
He plays Matt Grimes and as captain when he is really nothing of the sort. He is slow,one footed-though no Messi,cant really tackle and his dead balls are awful including corners . He still takes them.

We were destroyed by Stoke ,Preston and first half by Luton.

Some were not pleased by this and apparently are referred to as utter morons

Some dont see any evidence thus far of just what Russ is about.

We drew at Luton. People are excited about that.

We play Huddersfield soon so did the double over us last season completely hammering us at the JS and at the Lib when they were on a bad run. Great stuff by Cooper there.

Anyway,enjoy your dad ,readers.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024