Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH 13:43 - Sep 16 with 22297 viewsNotLoyal

English Championship

Today’s fixtures

Luton Town v Swansea City
Kenilworth David Pleat Stadium
Kick off 3pm

Match Officials
Whose Tony is that jacket ? Tony Harrington ( whose coat ) will be the referee for Swansea City’s Championship clash against Luton Town on Saturday (3pm). The Cleveland official took charge of the Swans five times last season, he oversaw wins over Nottingham Forest and Rotherham, as well as the away leg against Barnsley in the play-offs, plus defeats against Huddersfield and Birmingham. Jacket will be assisted by Mark Scholes and Craig Taylor, while Darren Drysdale is the fourth official. Mark is related to Paul Scholes, possibly.

New Covid rules mean you can’t slowly drive your car near the ground or talk to a variety of ladies with money in your hand. Just in case, you understand. Wear a mask.

Never trust a hippy.

This is a huge opportunity for Luton boss Nathan Jones to sound absolutely ridiculous again and bemoan about referees, missed opportunity, and his stupid accent.

Nick Owen said he was a Luton fan, then he said this "However, I have a significant number of other commitments, with both my primary employer, the BBC, and other organisations. All of these demand long travel and unpredictable schedules and consequently I feel that I am unable to dedicate the time and effort that I feel the role now deserves."

Seriously though, this could easily be a defining game for Russell Martin, the swans have lost only once in the previous seven meetings. Luton draw a lot of games, expect a 1-1 draw. In the last meeting the swans lived life dangerously but won 1-0 at Kenilworth Road.

Russell Martin eyeing second away win of the season at Luton 17th Sep 2021 11:12
The away defeats at Blackburn and Preston have done nothing but inspire swans manager Russell Martin to take all three points at Kenilworth Road tomorrow. It’s refreshing to hear that every game is targeted for a win, but in reality this game does have a draw written all over it. 0

Luton Town confident they can dispose of Swansea City this afternoon 18th Sep 2021 12:29
The Hatters take on the Swans at Kenilworth Road extremely confident their strength, pace and commitment will win them the game. After an exciting finish to their game at Ashton Gate in the week, drawing with Bristol City, a game manager Nathan Jones insists they should have won. The majority of Luton fans seriously believe the swans will get nothing today. 0

Luton Town: Simon Sluga, James Bree, Kal Naismith (capt), Harry Cornick, Luke Berry, Elijah Adebayo, Tom Lockyer, Reece Burke, Pelly Mpanzu, Henri Lansbury, Gabriel Osho.

Subs: James Shea, Glen Rea, Danny Hylton, Carlos Mendes-Gomes, Jordan Clark, Dion Pereira, Cameron Jerome.

Swansea City: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Kyle Naughton, Rhys Williams, Ethan Laird, Flynn Downes, Matt Grimes (capt), Liam Walsh, Jamie Paterson, Ryan Manning, Michael Obafemi.

Subs: Steven Benda, Ben Cabango, Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton, Korey Smith, Olivier Ntcham, Joel Piroe.

Another Swansea City player racially abused : This time at Luton 18th Sep 2021 21:57
News reached us early this evening of yet another incident involving a Swansea City player being racially abused by an opposition fan. It’s not once or twice now these fools are being allowed to attend games and literally get away with vile and disgusting ( criminal ) comments towards players of colour. We have have decided to stick to both club statements on this matter, which we will do, and not report recent updates on this incident until Bedfordshire Police release more information, 0

Swansea City show real class after an appalling start : Sunday supplement 19th Sep 2021 08:00
After twenty minutes of the game at Kenilworth Road the swans were on their knees, absolutely torn apart. They looked like schoolboys trying to play against men. The worst forty five minutes of football I have seen from Swansea City in many seasons, but then, whatever Russell Martin said at half time it all came good. The most incredible turn around from one half to another in recent memory. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 15:08 - Sep 17 with 4420 viewsraynor94

Love it when a plan comes together, fancy us tomorrow

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 22:20 - Sep 17 with 4245 viewsDr_Parnassus

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 15:08 - Sep 17 by raynor94

We have won both our recent games at Kenilworth so the omens are good.

With Fulham/West Brom/Cardiff on the horizon, we need to start making some headway against the poorer sides in the league, or we will find ourselves sucked into a battle we don’t want to be in.

The problem would be that the way we play requires confidence, you don’t get much confidence down the bottom of the league. Dangerous game to play.

I’m hopeful we can get the job done there.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 22:39 - Sep 17 with 4195 viewsFireboy2

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 15:08 - Sep 17 by raynor94

So do I.
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 23:35 - Sep 17 with 4238 viewsWalterBoyd

That's 3 in the row.

I reckon a Swan's win tomorrow.

Less pressure away from home. 0-2 to the Swans. Lump on.
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 01:40 - Sep 18 with 4194 viewsKeithHaynes

I can’t see us getting anything, if we do, fair play, but still if we don’t we need to give this guy more time.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 08:25 - Sep 18 with 4101 viewsjackrmee

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 01:40 - Sep 18 by KeithHaynes

I can’t see us getting anything, if we do, fair play, but still if we don’t we need to give this guy more time.

Luton are a stronger team than many realise. Nathan Jones has turned them into a solid unit.
I do think we can do them though. Probably looking at a 1-0 win.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SATURDAY ! on 09:23 - Sep 18 with 4013 viewsDr_Parnassus

Luton are a side that can take a hiding every now and again.

Lost 5-0 at home to Birmingham a few weeks ago, but have sort of bounced back since then with 3 draws on the spin.

Last season I remember they were the side that Brentford beat 7-0, Cardiff beat them 4-0 too.

On their day they compete well… when they are on an off day they really go to the dogs.

I’ll back us to finally click into gear. 0-2 Piroe and Obafemi.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 9:30]

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 10:27 - Sep 18 with 3976 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 08:25 - Sep 18 by jackrmee

Luton are a stronger team than many realise. Nathan Jones has turned them into a solid unit.
I do think we can do them though. Probably looking at a 1-0 win.

Also he’s been gone too long……

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 10:35 - Sep 18 with 3970 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 10:27 - Sep 18 by Brynmill_Jack

Also he’s been gone too long……

On a more serious note I’m going to put out a seriously risky team selection. It probably may get us well beaten but if you believe in attacking football we might win 4-5 away

Hamer

Laird Bennett Naughton Rhys Bidwell

Downes

Ntcham

Walsh

Obafemi

Piroe

Get the ball forward more quickly and reap the rewards. Our front two aided by Ntcham and Walsh and the wing backs should enforce an effective stranglehold press. Keep a high defensive line and compress the play in their half mostly. In defensive situations all back bar Oba so when we regain possession gunt the ball forward - he’s probably going to be the fastest man on the pitch. I know, I’m no manager but boy it will be exciting lol 😂

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 10:53 - Sep 18 with 3937 viewsAndyCole

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 22:20 - Sep 17 by Dr_Parnassus

We have won both our recent games at Kenilworth so the omens are good.

With Fulham/West Brom/Cardiff on the horizon, we need to start making some headway against the poorer sides in the league, or we will find ourselves sucked into a battle we don’t want to be in.

The problem would be that the way we play requires confidence, you don’t get much confidence down the bottom of the league. Dangerous game to play.

I’m hopeful we can get the job done there.

You're right, all points to a comfortable away victory against one of the worst teams in this league managed by the hapless Jones.

Confidence comes from leadership, something we've been blessed with the last two terms. Leadership, belief, hwyl and bouncebackability all seem a tad lacking right now, even our talisman Grimes seems to be tainted with the lack of confidence emanating from above.

Despite this handicap I'm hopeful our senior players will give us the lift we need to secure a comfortable away win. 0 - 3 (Piroe hat trick)

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 11:05 - Sep 18 with 3927 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 10:53 - Sep 18 by AndyCole

You're right, all points to a comfortable away victory against one of the worst teams in this league managed by the hapless Jones.

Confidence comes from leadership, something we've been blessed with the last two terms. Leadership, belief, hwyl and bouncebackability all seem a tad lacking right now, even our talisman Grimes seems to be tainted with the lack of confidence emanating from above.

Despite this handicap I'm hopeful our senior players will give us the lift we need to secure a comfortable away win. 0 - 3 (Piroe hat trick)

Ha ha the doomsayers are out demanding three nil away victories. Did we win any league match 3-0 last season?? If I recall correctly we only scored three goals in two league matches last season but didn’t keep clean sheets? That’s how boring Cooperball was.

Can’t wait for you both to disappear off to Notts Corsets with him

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 11:42 - Sep 18 with 3855 viewsDr_Parnassus

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 11:05 - Sep 18 by Brynmill_Jack

Ha ha the doomsayers are out demanding three nil away victories. Did we win any league match 3-0 last season?? If I recall correctly we only scored three goals in two league matches last season but didn’t keep clean sheets? That’s how boring Cooperball was.

Can’t wait for you both to disappear off to Notts Corsets with him

Who is demanding a win? Any specific quotes? Or another myth?

Every single person who has posted (Keith aside) has predicted a win. But those who have expessed concern about our results so far aren’t allowed a positive outlook on the next game?

It seems some are desperate for conflict.

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SATURDAY ! on 12:35 - Sep 18 with 3820 viewsKeithHaynes

Luton Town confident they can dispose of Swansea City this afternoon 18th Sep 2021 12:29
The Hatters take on the Swans at Kenilworth Road extremely confident their strength, pace and commitment will win them the game. After an exciting finish to their game at Ashton Gate in the week, drawing with Bristol City, a game manager Nathan Jones insists they should have won. The majority of Luton fans seriously believe the swans will get nothing today. 0

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SATURDAY ! on 12:40 - Sep 18 with 3813 viewsKeithHaynes

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 13:42 - Sep 18 with 3729 viewsonehunglow

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 11:42 - Sep 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Who is demanding a win? Any specific quotes? Or another myth?

Every single person who has posted (Keith aside) has predicted a win. But those who have expessed concern about our results so far aren’t allowed a positive outlook on the next game?

It seems some are desperate for conflict.

Doomsayers!.Hell ,that's morphed.
It used to be doom mongers/doom merchants,Doom and gloom merchants or simply utter morons,not to mention negative merchants etc.

God Help us.

Look at the State we're in

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SATURDAY ! on 14:00 - Sep 18 with 3719 viewsKeithHaynes

Luton Town: Simon Sluga, James Bree, Kal Naismith (capt), Harry Cornick, Luke Berry, Elijah Adebayo, Tom Lockyer, Reece Burke, Pelly Mpanzu, Henri Lansbury, Gabriel Osho.

Subs: James Shea, Glen Rea, Danny Hylton, Carlos Mendes-Gomes, Jordan Clark, Dion Pereira, Cameron Jerome.

Swansea City: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Kyle Naughton, Rhys Williams, Ethan Laird, Flynn Downes, Matt Grimes (capt), Liam Walsh, Jamie Paterson, Ryan Manning, Michael Obafemi.

Subs: Steven Benda, Ben Cabango, Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton, Korey Smith, Olivier Ntcham, Joel Piroe.

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SATURDAY ! on 14:01 - Sep 18 with 3711 viewsjackrmee

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SATURDAY ! on 14:00 - Sep 18 by KeithHaynes

Shame we still can't play 2 upfront.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SATURDAY ! on 14:03 - Sep 18 with 3669 viewsDr_Parnassus

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SATURDAY ! on 14:01 - Sep 18 by jackrmee

Shame we still can't play 2 upfront.

We can.

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SATURDAY ! on 14:16 - Sep 18 with 3578 viewsonehunglow

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 SATURDAY ! on 14:03 - Sep 18 by Dr_Parnassus

We can.

And should.
Another dumb lection in my eyes but hey,trust in Russ.

Meanwhile ,the only lad to have scored a hat trick is nowhere and our silent captain is undropable.

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 14:17 - Sep 18 with 3584 viewsBadlands

The difference Cabango made when he came on against Hull was immediate and positive ... has to play
But a back four or three?
Three at the back worked when we had Roberts and Bidwell going forward (to a lesser extent defending) but Laird is pedestrian (TBH I was shocked at how slow he was), Latty doesn't defend and together with Manning gives away pointless free kicks on the edge of the box.
In a four of
Naughton Cabango Bennett and Williams we would have an extremely effective defence.
This season in a three we leave far too much for the wider CBs to do and they get dragged everywhere.
I thought Williams was excellent against Hull and has the skill, speed and determination to play wing back. Just a thought?

Can Walsh and Grimes take up two places or is it one or the other.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 14:18]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 14:20 - Sep 18 with 3561 viewsjackrmee

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 14:17 - Sep 18 by Badlands

The difference Cabango made when he came on against Hull was immediate and positive ... has to play
But a back four or three?
Three at the back worked when we had Roberts and Bidwell going forward (to a lesser extent defending) but Laird is pedestrian (TBH I was shocked at how slow he was), Latty doesn't defend and together with Manning gives away pointless free kicks on the edge of the box.
In a four of
Naughton Cabango Bennett and Williams we would have an extremely effective defence.
This season in a three we leave far too much for the wider CBs to do and they get dragged everywhere.
I thought Williams was excellent against Hull and has the skill, speed and determination to play wing back. Just a thought?

Can Walsh and Grimes take up two places or is it one or the other.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 14:18]

I don't know, but it's clear RM wants the WBs up high. THree in the back is the only option or that I think.

Against Millwall, it seemed like the 2 wide CBs were playing as fullback and Downes was dropping into a central CB position.
I don't think I've seen that before, but like something they've been told to do and been practicing on the training field.

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 14:24 - Sep 18 with 3531 viewsonehunglow

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 14:20 - Sep 18 by jackrmee

I don't know, but it's clear RM wants the WBs up high. THree in the back is the only option or that I think.

Against Millwall, it seemed like the 2 wide CBs were playing as fullback and Downes was dropping into a central CB position.
I don't think I've seen that before, but like something they've been told to do and been practicing on the training field.

It seems to me Russ doesnt like players who score ,like Piroe who was left behind for the first game and worse,Whittaker to scored three in a game.This the lad who scored also against Manchester City and today doesnt even get to travel.

It is -right now-disgusting and we have been conned with this fella who is wasting some real talent we have . Work in progress my giddy aunt.

Hope I am wrong

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 14:26 - Sep 18 with 3536 viewsTenbySwan

Cullen not on the bench.
Is he injured or is time up?
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 14:31 - Sep 18 with 3504 viewsKeithHaynes

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 14:26 - Sep 18 by TenbySwan

Cullen not on the bench.

Clearly no room for Cullen or Whittaker with Obafemi and Piroe available.
I can see why neither are getting a game but still think Whittaker is a seriously decent player.

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 14:31 - Sep 18 with 3490 viewsonehunglow

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 14:26 - Sep 18 by TenbySwan

Cullen not on the bench.

Russ might have seen sense on this one,although I wouldnt bank on it.

Hard to see how a short lad like Obefami will get much.

No doubt we will pass the ball to bits

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024