Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sea Bass. 23:43 - Sep 16 with 1008 viewslifelong

Caught a couple of very nice fish this afternoon.
Sea Bass. on 00:02 - Sep 17 with 979 viewsAndyCole

Whereabouts ?

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Sea Bass. on 00:05 - Sep 17 with 975 viewslifelong

Sea Bass. on 00:02 - Sep 17 by AndyCole

Whereabouts ?

St David’s.
Sea Bass. on 00:43 - Sep 17 with 958 viewsWalterBoyd

I have a few mates who love fishing ( I dont) but whenever they catch a fish they throw it back. Why ? I really dont get it.
Sea Bass. on 07:46 - Sep 17 with 881 viewsDr_Winston

Sea Bass. on 00:43 - Sep 17 by WalterBoyd

I have a few mates who love fishing ( I dont) but whenever they catch a fish they throw it back. Why ? I really dont get it.

I tend to chuck back most stuff I catch on the rare occasions I fish these days. I enjoy fishing to get out and about, enjoy the outdoors. Don't feel the need to kill anything to top it off.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sea Bass. on 08:09 - Sep 17 with 870 viewslifelong

Sea Bass. on 07:46 - Sep 17 by Dr_Winston

I tend to chuck back most stuff I catch on the rare occasions I fish these days. I enjoy fishing to get out and about, enjoy the outdoors. Don't feel the need to kill anything to top it off.

I enjoy eating fish, almost everything I catch I eat, unless I give it to one of my neighbours in exchange for for freshly gown veg.
Sea Bass. on 08:35 - Sep 17 with 854 viewsDr_Winston

Sea Bass. on 08:09 - Sep 17 by lifelong

I enjoy eating fish, almost everything I catch I eat, unless I give it to one of my neighbours in exchange for for freshly gown veg.

I'm not a big fish eater. Bit of trout or mackerel now and again. Mackerel that was still in the water ten minutes ago is about as good as it gets.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sea Bass. on 08:45 - Sep 17 with 843 viewsBoundy

I love sea food more than "real meat" , I used to onshore fish a bit back in the day but my two bedfellows both passed away far too young and withit my desire . We used to fish off the Rhossili ledges . great spot all year round but a bit of a trek , My mantra has always been only kill whats you're prepared to eat or if its going to kill/eat you .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Sea Bass. on 09:55 - Sep 17 with 816 viewsKeithHaynes

Great thread lifelong 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Sea Bass. on 10:17 - Sep 17 with 804 viewsProfessor

Sea Bass. on 08:35 - Sep 17 by Dr_Winston

I'm not a big fish eater. Bit of trout or mackerel now and again. Mackerel that was still in the water ten minutes ago is about as good as it gets.

Generally, with exception of trout, chard, pike and Zander, (and salmon and eels who have a mixed life cycle), most freshwater fish are very bony and rather 'muddy' in taste. I guess most fishermen are not desperate enough to be eating tench and chubb these days. Having worked as a fishmonger, we only stocked carp on the weekends for Chinese customers. 90% sea fish along with farmed trout and salmon. Not a great fish lover, though love shellfish.
Sea Bass. on 10:58 - Sep 17 with 792 viewscontroversial_jack

I love fish, but rarely buy it as it's gone so expensive. My fave being, grilled swordfish, but also like sea bream too. Bass is nice but overrated.
Sea Bass. on 14:41 - Sep 17 with 734 viewsmax936

Very nice Lifey, enjoy, livebating was you or crab?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Sea Bass. on 14:46 - Sep 17 with 731 viewsmax936

Sea Bass. on 10:17 - Sep 17 by Professor

Generally, with exception of trout, chard, pike and Zander, (and salmon and eels who have a mixed life cycle), most freshwater fish are very bony and rather 'muddy' in taste. I guess most fishermen are not desperate enough to be eating tench and chubb these days. Having worked as a fishmonger, we only stocked carp on the weekends for Chinese customers. 90% sea fish along with farmed trout and salmon. Not a great fish lover, though love shellfish.

Anyone anything that comes looking for a koi to eat at mine, gets the hose pipe up their jacksy a few pussy cats have had a few soakings, be the shotgun next 😂😂

Sea Bass. on 14:50 - Sep 17 with 728 viewsmax936

I like a nice bass, got to be fresh though, mackerel the same, my eldest lad has surprised me recently we went out for a meal and he had a mixed sea food grill, he wolfed it down to, never thought it would be for him to be honest

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024