Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans 13:00 - Sep 17 with 4487 viewsKeithHaynes

People will have to show an NHS Covid pass to get into a number of sporting events in Wales next month, First Minister Mark Drakeford has announced.

The requirement to show an NHS Covid Pass will come into force from October 11 and it will mean that anyone aged over 18 will need to have had two vaccinations or have done a lateral flow test within the last 48 hours to be able to attend certain events.

As well as nightclubs and certain indoor events, adults will need to have an NHS pass to enter outdoor non-seated events for more than 4,000 and any setting or event with more than 10,000 people in attendance.

As such, any sporting event with more than 10,000 in attendance will require a Covid pass - which will likely affect both Cardiff City and Swansea City as well as both Wales' national teams in football and rugby.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 13:23 - Sep 17 with 2536 viewsNotLoyal

That's a shot in the arm for the few anti vaxers on here.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 13:30 - Sep 17 with 2510 viewspembsjack

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 13:23 - Sep 17 by NotLoyal

That's a shot in the arm for the few anti vaxers on here.

The way I understand it is you still don't have to be vaccinated as long as you have had a negative test prior.
No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 13:51 - Sep 17 with 2469 viewsJohnw102

As such, any sporting event with more than 10,000 in attendance will require a Covid pass - which will likely affect both Cardiff City and Swansea City as well as both Wales' national teams in football and rugby.

Only away games for those up the road then!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 14:09 - Sep 17 with 2427 viewsBrynmill_Jack

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 13:30 - Sep 17 by pembsjack

The way I understand it is you still don't have to be vaccinated as long as you have had a negative test prior.

Seeing as vaccinated people can still carry and transmit the virus shouldn’t they be forced to do lateral flow tests too?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 14:30 - Sep 17 with 2395 viewsmax936

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 14:09 - Sep 17 by Brynmill_Jack

Seeing as vaccinated people can still carry and transmit the virus shouldn’t they be forced to do lateral flow tests too?

You haven’t had your jabs ?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 15:52 - Sep 17 with 2307 viewsReslovenSwan1

If all fans attending the stadium have had the two jabs it stands to reason that all Swansea city staff and management in attendance should do the same.

If the club has any 'refusnik' players they should legally be required to only to feature playing in England. (away games).

Wise sage since Toshack era

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 16:45 - Sep 17 with 2245 viewsKeithHaynes

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 13:30 - Sep 17 by pembsjack

That’s a bigger pain than just getting two jabs.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 16:48 - Sep 17 with 2238 viewsjackrmee

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 16:45 - Sep 17 by KeithHaynes

That’s a bigger pain than just getting two jabs.

It's simply a case of getting a free test from the library I was told on here.
Then you register the result on the NHS website and receive your COVID pass

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Login to get fewer ads

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 17:08 - Sep 17 with 2210 viewsYrAlarch

It'quite a straightforward process to get the Covid Pass via the NHS Website. You don't even have to know your NHS number. It takes about 5 days to come through, so allow plenty of time.
No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 17:09 - Sep 17 with 2186 viewsonehunglow

Sensible and reasonable.
It is about saving lives .
What ya think Ron

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 17:12 - Sep 17 with 2202 viewsReslovenSwan1

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 17:08 - Sep 17 by YrAlarch

It'quite a straightforward process to get the Covid Pass via the NHS Website. You don't even have to know your NHS number. It takes about 5 days to come through, so allow plenty of time.

Presumably you will need to do this every week to two weeks to cover all games. Sounds as if it needs some d sort of plan with a diary and scheduling to allow for the 5 day lag.

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 17:30 - Sep 17 with 2184 viewsSA2Jack

Followed the instructions on the Welsh Gov web site. Had to register for an NHS login and provide digital information. I was authorised within a quarter of hour via email.
Logged in via my new NHS id and obtained s covid pass straight away. It is only valid for month so I didn't bother printing the PDF. You can get one at any time, so will do this again next month. Used my mobile and it works on that too.
Only problem is it says that the pass is only valid in England. I guess a bit of IT work is required!

SA2Jack

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 17:38 - Sep 17 with 2172 views1462jack

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 16:48 - Sep 17 by jackrmee

It's simply a case of getting a free test from the library I was told on here.
Then you register the result on the NHS website and receive your COVID pass

Yes mate I’m unvaccinated and had to attend a big event in London this week and all I had to do was do a lateral flow test and register it on line , reading wales on line article it will be the same for big events in gods country
No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 17:41 - Sep 17 with 2165 viewsjackrmee

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 17:38 - Sep 17 by 1462jack

Yes mate I’m unvaccinated and had to attend a big event in London this week and all I had to do was do a lateral flow test and register it on line , reading wales on line article it will be the same for big events in gods country

Cool. Sound good. I'm on it. Don't want to miss the scum game!

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 17:54 - Sep 17 with 2146 viewsCatullus

Why need a pass, I'm double vaccinate and have a card which she put my name and date of birth on with the dates I was jabbed. Why can't I just show that, it'll have the date of my booster too, when I get it.

This will cause chaos, we'll have to show our passes before getting to the gate and I reckon there'll be arguments. Isn't it stupid that you need a pass in Wales but you can follow the Swans away (and maybe with the people you sit with in the Liberty/Swansea.com) without a pass?
Seems to me this is done for political reasons as much as anything, we have to be different to England.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 17:56 - Sep 17 with 2141 viewsTreforys_Jack

Tried getting a covid pass online through the NHS app, message saying not available in Wales
No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 18:06 - Sep 17 with 2124 viewsReslovenSwan1

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 17:54 - Sep 17 by Catullus

Why need a pass, I'm double vaccinate and have a card which she put my name and date of birth on with the dates I was jabbed. Why can't I just show that, it'll have the date of my booster too, when I get it.

This will cause chaos, we'll have to show our passes before getting to the gate and I reckon there'll be arguments. Isn't it stupid that you need a pass in Wales but you can follow the Swans away (and maybe with the people you sit with in the Liberty/Swansea.com) without a pass?
Seems to me this is done for political reasons as much as anything, we have to be different to England.

This is the right think to do to open up business. You like many on here see thing through the eyes of the English and the predominantly English media. Wales does what is best for Wales. Boris has been behind the Covid curve from day one.

The 'see how it goes' never works with Covid. It always works badly. There may well be older fans that will attend with a pass but stay away with out one. The narrative is different for night clubs of course. The sooner we bite the bullet the better. Boris will be following suit once the inevitable happens in mid October.

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 18:11 - Sep 17 with 2117 viewsjackrmee

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 17:54 - Sep 17 by Catullus

Same as the whole shabang mate. It's all political nonsense.

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 18:19 - Sep 17 with 2100 viewsScotia

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 17:56 - Sep 17 by Treforys_Jack

Tried getting a covid pass online through the NHS app, message saying not available in Wales

You need this one mate.

https://gov.wales/nhs-covid-pass-prove-your-vaccination-status

It's a bit of a faff but once you've registered it's easy enough.
No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 18:28 - Sep 17 with 2093 viewsCatullus

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 17:56 - Sep 17 by Treforys_Jack

It says you have to request a paper copy. What also strikes me is, you can do a lateral flow test and register it online, how do they know you actually did one? All you need is the QR code off the back of the test kit, you could lie that you did one, bin the test kit and go to the football.

It's hardly secure! They are relying on peopleto be honest and shouldn't they know better?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 18:32 - Sep 17 with 2087 viewsjackrmee

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 18:28 - Sep 17 by Catullus

It says you have to request a paper copy. What also strikes me is, you can do a lateral flow test and register it online, how do they know you actually did one? All you need is the QR code off the back of the test kit, you could lie that you did one, bin the test kit and go to the football.

It's hardly secure! They are relying on peopleto be honest and shouldn't they know better?

PCR tests are the same though mate. Only way you can stop it is if you have to go to some sort of clinic for the tests. That would be a logistical nightmare and would then add costs to the tests, which is one of the reasons they started giving LFTs away for free I guess.

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 18:42 - Sep 17 with 2071 viewsScotia

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 18:28 - Sep 17 by Catullus

They don't. It's the same with the ones to come back in to the country from abroad. In my case I uploaded a photo of a (completely unidentified) lfd next to my passport.

Hey presto I got emailed a certificate to fly home.

They've got rid of that situation today in England, just as we're adopting it for big events.
No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 18:43 - Sep 17 with 2070 viewsTreforys_Jack

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 18:19 - Sep 17 by Scotia

You need this one mate.

https://gov.wales/nhs-covid-pass-prove-your-vaccination-status

It's a bit of a faff but once you've registered it's easy enough.

Cheers, that's the one I was on, seems we can't get it electronically in Wales, we have to apply for a paper copy.
No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 19:50 - Sep 17 with 1988 viewsScotia

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 18:43 - Sep 17 by Treforys_Jack

Cheers, that's the one I was on, seems we can't get it electronically in Wales, we have to apply for a paper copy.

You can I'm using mine tonight on my phone.

This link is in there.

https://covid-status.service.nhsx.nhs.uk/
No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 20:03 - Sep 17 with 1975 viewsCatullus

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 19:50 - Sep 17 by Scotia

You can I'm using mine tonight on my phone.

This link is in there.

https://covid-status.service.nhsx.nhs.uk/

I just tried that and it says on the QR code VALID IN ENGLAND.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024