Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans 13:00 - Sep 17 with 4518 viewsKeithHaynes

People will have to show an NHS Covid pass to get into a number of sporting events in Wales next month, First Minister Mark Drakeford has announced.

The requirement to show an NHS Covid Pass will come into force from October 11 and it will mean that anyone aged over 18 will need to have had two vaccinations or have done a lateral flow test within the last 48 hours to be able to attend certain events.

As well as nightclubs and certain indoor events, adults will need to have an NHS pass to enter outdoor non-seated events for more than 4,000 and any setting or event with more than 10,000 people in attendance.

As such, any sporting event with more than 10,000 in attendance will require a Covid pass - which will likely affect both Cardiff City and Swansea City as well as both Wales' national teams in football and rugby.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 20:08 - Sep 17 with 1082 viewsTreforys_Jack

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 20:03 - Sep 17 by Catullus

I just tried that and it says on the QR code VALID IN ENGLAND.

Same here.
No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 20:12 - Sep 17 with 1077 viewsScotia

That's a bit weird. I've had my account for a while but I've just downloaded my pass again without a problem.

My mate did it earlier too.

I'll try to follow the link again.

Edit. I followed the link and it worked again. Have you set up the NHS account?
[Post edited 17 Sep 2021 20:13]
No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 20:35 - Sep 17 with 1054 viewsTreforys_Jack

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 20:12 - Sep 17 by Scotia

That's a bit weird. I've had my account for a while but I've just downloaded my pass again without a problem.

Yes, it works but says only valid in England underneath.
No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 21:14 - Sep 17 with 993 viewsmajorraglan

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 17:54 - Sep 17 by Catullus

Why need a pass, I'm double vaccinate and have a card which she put my name and date of birth on with the dates I was jabbed. Why can't I just show that, it'll have the date of my booster too, when I get it.

This will cause chaos, we'll have to show our passes before getting to the gate and I reckon there'll be arguments. Isn't it stupid that you need a pass in Wales but you can follow the Swans away (and maybe with the people you sit with in the Liberty/Swansea.com) without a pass?
Seems to me this is done for political reasons as much as anything, we have to be different to England.

During the summer Boris stated he was introducing a requirement for people to be vaccinated to enter certain sporting events, nightclubs etc at the end of September beginning of October, since then he’s been subject to considerable pressure from within the Conservative Party to change his stance hence Javid’s announcement earlier this week.
Depending on one’s political allegiances, the argument could be made Boris is wrong and is doing another U turn having been subjected to pressure, alternatively Drakers and Sturgeon are doing this just to be different.
No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 22:39 - Sep 17 with 927 viewsReslovenSwan1

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 21:14 - Sep 17 by majorraglan

During the summer Boris stated he was introducing a requirement for people to be vaccinated to enter certain sporting events, nightclubs etc at the end of September beginning of October, since then he’s been subject to considerable pressure from within the Conservative Party to change his stance hence Javid’s announcement earlier this week.
Depending on one’s political allegiances, the argument could be made Boris is wrong and is doing another U turn having been subjected to pressure, alternatively Drakers and Sturgeon are doing this just to be different.

Boris, Drakeford and Sturgeon were all on the same pathway and Boris under pressure from back bench Tories does a late U turn.

How does that translate to Drakeford and Sturgeon "doing things just to be different".

Wise sage since Toshack era

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 23:53 - Sep 17 with 893 viewsmajorraglan

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 22:39 - Sep 17 by ReslovenSwan1

Boris, Drakeford and Sturgeon were all on the same pathway and Boris under pressure from back bench Tories does a late U turn.

How does that translate to Drakeford and Sturgeon "doing things just to be different".

It’s a point of view some ( invariably those critical of the devolved governments) could advance.
No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 08:28 - Sep 18 with 830 viewsYrAlarch

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 17:12 - Sep 17 by ReslovenSwan1

Presumably you will need to do this every week to two weeks to cover all games. Sounds as if it needs some d sort of plan with a diary and scheduling to allow for the 5 day lag.

No that is not the case with the paper pass. I would advise you to have a look at the website. It also answers some other issues raised here.
No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 19:56 - Sep 18 with 766 viewsTreforys_Jack

Same here.
Login to get fewer ads

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 19:59 - Sep 18 with 761 viewsDr_Winston

The question here is why the Welsh NHS have to be awkward and don't just use the App.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 20:03 - Sep 18 with 759 viewsCatullus

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 20:12 - Sep 17 by Scotia

Yes I registered and read the info, it said the App isn't available in Wales and you need a paper copy. I followed the link though and got the QR code where it said valid in England.

The Senedd needs to sort this out. I still don't know why I can't simply show my vaccination card at the football?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 20:53 - Sep 18 with 738 viewsbuilthjack

Just get double jabbed. People who don't are playing with their own life. Why?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 21:38 - Sep 18 with 701 viewsonehunglow

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 20:53 - Sep 18 by builthjack

Because my little mid Wales chum,they think it is a conspiracy ,they know better and covid is overated as a killer.

These people are all around us.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 22:53 - Sep 18 with 694 viewsfelixstowe_jack

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 14:09 - Sep 17 by Brynmill_Jack

Seeing as vaccinated people can still carry and transmit the virus shouldn’t they be forced to do lateral flow tests too?

Vaccinated are 95% less likely to catch it than the unvaccinated and therefore 95% less likely to spread it.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 22:55 - Sep 18 with 693 viewsjackrmee

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 22:53 - Sep 18 by felixstowe_jack

Vaccinated are 95% less likely to catch it than the unvaccinated and therefore 95% less likely to spread it.

But all the unvaxxed in the ground would be tested and negative.
That means that the vaxxed are 100% more likely to be the ones who are passing it on inside the ground, as they are untested and asymptomatic.
That's the point being made here.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 22:57 - Sep 18 with 691 viewsfelixstowe_jack

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 18:06 - Sep 17 by ReslovenSwan1

This is the right think to do to open up business. You like many on here see thing through the eyes of the English and the predominantly English media. Wales does what is best for Wales. Boris has been behind the Covid curve from day one.

The 'see how it goes' never works with Covid. It always works badly. There may well be older fans that will attend with a pass but stay away with out one. The narrative is different for night clubs of course. The sooner we bite the bullet the better. Boris will be following suit once the inevitable happens in mid October.

Is that why the current infection rate in Wales is twice as high as in England and the death rate in Wales is also higher.

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 23:01 - Sep 18 with 684 viewsfelixstowe_jack

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 22:55 - Sep 18 by jackrmee

But all the unvaxxed in the ground would be tested and negative.
That means that the vaxxed are 100% more likely to be the ones who are passing it on inside the ground, as they are untested and asymptomatic.
That's the point being made here.

It is unlikely the vaccinated will be asymptomatic as they are unlikely to catch it. 75% of all the hospital admissions are among the unvaccinated despite them making up less than 10 of the population. The unvaccinated are 30 times more likely to be infected.

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 23:05 - Sep 18 with 680 viewsfelixstowe_jack

That is because the Welsh NHS is using the English NHS app.

I have had my English pass since June which also says only valid in England.

By the way pass has an expiry date of one month but is automatically renewed every month.

If get it today is will say expires 18th October, but if you log in tomorrow will say 19th October. Just log in once a week and tye expiry date will update.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 23:09]

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 04:31 - Sep 19 with 651 viewsandrew

Welcome to China gents. Next it’ll be your flu pass, then it’ll be your BMI then it’ll be your criminal record.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 06:30 - Sep 19 with 641 viewsRonaldStump

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 17:09 - Sep 17 by onehunglow

Sensible and reasonable.
It is about saving lives .
What ya think Ron

Not a problem for me I have a passport courtesy of someone else. I can also get plenty of test results without actually doing one.
Not sure why you are concerned though, yu don't go to games.

(He She Him)

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 06:41 - Sep 19 with 637 viewsRonaldStump

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 04:31 - Sep 19 by andrew

Welcome to China gents. Next it’ll be your flu pass, then it’ll be your BMI then it’ll be your criminal record.

Spot on, a lot of the clowns don't realise what they are giving up 9without as much as a whimper) not only for themselves but future generations of children. We are so lucky that these demasculated blokes were not around in any of the world wars as we'd be speaking german right now.

One day they will be ashamed of the ease with which it took the tyrants to brainwash them and get them on the social credit system.

Can you imagine the points you'd have knocked off for singing at a derby game.

(He She Him)

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 14:16 - Sep 19 with 560 viewsReslovenSwan1

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 06:41 - Sep 19 by RonaldStump

Spot on, a lot of the clowns don't realise what they are giving up 9without as much as a whimper) not only for themselves but future generations of children. We are so lucky that these demasculated blokes were not around in any of the world wars as we'd be speaking german right now.

One day they will be ashamed of the ease with which it took the tyrants to brainwash them and get them on the social credit system.

Polio, mumps, small pox, all under control by honest people doing things voluntarily. It works until there is a revolt. Then the authorities will have a decision to make it mandatory.. Hopefully it will not come to that. Smoking is not banned although it is known to be very harmful.

It works most of the time. It does not work when activists get involved as with the case a few year back with measles and the 3xM. Some times human have to act in good faith for the common good.

You are like an activist. Such people have greater reach than ever as "social influencers" often smooth pretty young things able to access other pretty young things boring blokes in white coats and glasses cannot access.

80 years ago kids in cities were issued with gas masks. I do not know if they were obligatory or not.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 14:41]

Wise sage since Toshack era

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 14:21 - Sep 19 with 559 viewsTreforys_Jack

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 06:41 - Sep 19 by RonaldStump

Demasculated

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 19:21 - Sep 19 with 508 views73__73

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 20:53 - Sep 18 by builthjack

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 20:02 - Sep 19 with 499 viewsWalterBoyd

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 06:30 - Sep 19 by RonaldStump

Not a problem for me I have a passport courtesy of someone else. I can also get plenty of test results without actually doing one.
Not sure why you are concerned though, yu don't go to games.

When you are on a ventilator in hospital, taking up valuable NHS resources, costing lives, ask your family to send us all a message on this site.

Cheers.
No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 20:06 - Sep 19 with 493 viewshobo

No Covid passport No entry to see the Swans on 20:02 - Sep 19 by WalterBoyd

When you are on a ventilator in hospital, taking up valuable NHS resources, costing lives, ask your family to send us all a message on this site.

Cheers.

Could say the same for when you're suffering the long term effects of the vaccine...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024