Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premium bonds - experiences 10:16 - Sep 18 with 1773 viewsGixerJack

I’m not looking for financial advice just wondering about people’s experiences of investing in Premium bonds, Are they considered a good investment?
Premium bonds - experiences on 10:25 - Sep 18 with 1760 viewsYrAlarch

My experience. At the present time I am getting a better return from my PB winnings than on bank/building society savings accounts. In my opinion, go for it, providing you make a substantial investment.
Premium bonds - experiences on 10:43 - Sep 18 with 1743 viewsBest_loser

Safe place to put money, your going to get virtually nil interest in a deposit account anyway, 25 quid wins are quite regular and always the chance of the bigger ones
Premium bonds - experiences on 11:01 - Sep 18 with 1717 viewspikeypaul

They currently pay 1% so on a max holding of £50K you can expect £500.

99% of prizes are £25 so you should get around 20 wins a year from the max holding.

lately a lot of max holders are reporting going months with nothing,why i do not know.

Some are saying since it is over subscribed the powers that be are trying to lessen the over all bonds in circulation.

I went 4 months jan to april without a win then got £100 in may,ive since cashed them in and nowgetting massively higher return with an investment bond.

Bottom line they are OK for higher tax payers who have money spare waiting for a better option,since you can cash in in days.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 11:11]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Premium bonds - experiences on 11:02 - Sep 18 with 1718 viewsProfessor

Longer term a stocks and shares ISA is a reasonable bet. Unless there’s a crash. I got about 300 quid yield from a grand invested in 2009 in a five year fixed ISA.
Was bought Premium Bonds as a child. Won &50’once, but the money invested in the 70s would be worth quite a bit now
Premium bonds - experiences on 11:02 - Sep 18 with 1713 viewsA_Fans_Dad

It is not quite as good as it was due to the government reducing the total prize amount.
It is probably on a par with banks and building societies, but barely covers inflation, if it does.
But it is somewhere to put you mony and who knows you could be one of the lucky ones.
I know someone who only had about £500 invested and won £10,000.
Premium bonds - experiences on 11:26 - Sep 18 with 1680 views1983

I have got 10k in there on and off depending on stuff happening

And win £25 approximately 3 or 4 times a year

Premium bonds - experiences on 11:45 - Sep 18 with 1669 viewsCountyJim

2018 made about 5% 2019 3% 2020 3% 2021so far about 2%
Premium bonds - experiences on 13:50 - Sep 18 with 1621 viewsonehunglow

This subject has been analysed to death.
The rates and conditions have changed and you have littler realistic chance of winning a prize big enough to make it pay.
Most people used to win the lower amounts obviously but these have lowered.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Premium bonds - experiences on 14:12 - Sep 18 with 1606 viewslifelong

I have some, the chances of winning a substantial prize are extremely low, pick up the occasional £25, the most won being £75.
I bought a £50 bond in the early 1970’s and the first time I won anything on it was in 2009 when I won £50. 😀
Premium bonds - experiences on 15:23 - Sep 18 with 1560 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 15:23]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Premium bonds - experiences on 16:58 - Sep 18 with 1522 viewsGixerJack

Thanks everyone, I’d done a bit of research and checked the numbers but I was just wondering what the real world opinion was.

Seeing as my bank is only paying 0.01% at the moment I’ve bought a chunk of PB’s. If I win all well and good if not I’ve got the rest of my life to regret it 😂🤣😂
Premium bonds - experiences on 10:57 - Sep 19 with 1406 viewspikeypaul

Premium bonds - experiences on 16:58 - Sep 18 by GixerJack

Thanks everyone, I’d done a bit of research and checked the numbers but I was just wondering what the real world opinion was.

Seeing as my bank is only paying 0.01% at the moment I’ve bought a chunk of PB’s. If I win all well and good if not I’ve got the rest of my life to regret it 😂🤣😂

Similar reason why even in these uncertain times equities are performing well.

10s of billions ploughed into them by joe public who are feed up of their cash being whittled away when they are getting <0.5% in a bank and inflation is 4%.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024