Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ntcham and Piroe 01:55 - Sep 19 with 2024 viewsDr_Parnassus

These are the two superstars of our side. Absolute quality oozing out of both.

These, in my opinion, could be playing Premier League football.

Ntchams eye for the ball is something highly desirable, always trying to make himself available and the technical quality he has is off the scale. Today’s goal was world class.

Piroe has movement that I don’t think I have seen here in a long time, a natural striker. I would have to go back to Tammy Abraham as the last striker we had with a similar eye for the runs he has to make and again doesn’t need to many chances to put one away.

Neither of these two have any business being in a side that can’t win games. If we are to really build, really push forward - we cannot accept the “don’t mind where we finish” line, and we must start winning games.

Football careers are short, if these lads have a great season and we finish 20th. As soon as a bit of interest comes in from bigger and more successful sides then their heads will be turned. Then we will be in another state of rebuilding where we are trying to replace our goal scorer and midfield driving force (Ntcham is the only one with a bit of midfield attacking spark).

So while it’s noble to keep saying that it’s fine wherever we finish, it really isn’t. League position is so important for a variety of reasons. Ability to attract players, ability to retain players and overall confidence.

This squad must be up there with one of the best I have seen us have in the football league (Brendan team aside). Make no mistake this is a high top half squad without question, which it should be after spending millions on it.

This is no slight on the manager (who I am still behind despite people desperate to suggest otherwise), but we can’t keep making excuses to why it’s okay that we are where we are, or indeed that we may finish anywhere above the drop zone (some even saying relegation is fine which I find staggering).

Mistakes cannot be repeated that we saw today. The second half saw a more direct approach and of course the correct personnel, which I noted at the time when we were still trailing 3-0/3-1 and said we may just get something out of it, which we did…. It’s not a coincidence.

This fan vs fan infighting has to stop though, accept people see things differently. It’s clearly not beyond the pale to say 1 win from 8 league games isn’t good enough, it would be more beneficial to have a more open and honest dialogue surrounding the current events rather than pretend there are any agendas at play and that any concerns are an attack on the club or manager.

We are 21st for crying out loud, the concerns are absolutely in keeping with events. That’s not to say future events cant dispel those concerns, but those events have to come first.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 3:38]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Ntcham and Piroe on 18:24 - Sep 19 with 301 viewsjackrmee

Ntcham and Piroe on 17:21 - Sep 19 by AndyCole

Absolutely. Funny how those that have either played the game, or are our recent managers see the same in Grimes. Head n shoulders our best player right now (until maybe Piroe or Ntch kick on).

Good to see at least one other person spot how Downes stifles the CDM space and Grimes' ability to command and control. Yesterday's decision by Martin to sub Downes and give Grimes the freedom of that space shows there's some hope for Martin (unless of course he was shown the way by our senior players, yet again).

Some are calling for Grimes to be dropped for Downes and for Downes to be captain - bonkers in so many ways.

Piroe - a massive player recruited by Cooper - yet dropped from the 1st team matchday squad for our inaugural game, and stripped of the #9 jersey in fell swoop by our rookie manager who by all accounts 'didn't fancy him....' ; dropped from yesterday's starting lineup.

Inexplicable stuff, truly.

Which "accounts" stated that Martin "didn't fancy him"?
Oh yeah, all of them

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Ntcham and Piroe on 19:43 - Sep 19 with 263 views34dfgdf54

Best squad in years after losing Ayew, Roberts, Lowe, Guehi who were all a part of a wafer thin squad last season according to some. Makes sense.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024