Quantcast
Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper 11:00 - Sep 20 with 1069 viewsSwansIndependent

If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper 20th Sep 2021 10:58
With the pending announcement of Steve Cooper taking on the Nottingham Forest managerial role this week it seems a few loaded questions got Steve Cooper talking. Sidetracked clearly by his upcoming new job, Cooper has been asked if there are any other players he admires in general conversation. It turned in to a news story. 1

This post has been edited by an administrator

If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 11:36 - Sep 20 with 1017 viewsjackrmee

I was thinking a million would be around the price.
£3M is a good deal for both parties IMO, which is what all transfers should be.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 12:06 - Sep 20 with 970 viewshobo

Cooper knows we sell cheap. Fulton won't be the only player he'll try to prise away for a bargain fee
If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 12:17 - Sep 20 with 950 viewsonehunglow

If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 12:06 - Sep 20 by hobo

Cooper knows we sell cheap. Fulton won't be the only player he'll try to prise away for a bargain fee

Hopefully Grimes the Great will go and join Steve .
Please God

Poll: So,who is dwight.Let's nail this then

If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 12:28 - Sep 20 with 943 viewsjasper_T

"There will certainly be a bidding war if Forest want him"? We've seen better players than Fulton leave with no sign of a battle over them. Wishful thinking.

They've got Garner on loan this season, he's the same type of player in midfield and probably better than Fulton already. Plenty on here wanted us to take him earlier in the summer.
If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 12:50 - Sep 20 with 908 viewsKeithHaynes

If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 12:28 - Sep 20 by jasper_T

"There will certainly be a bidding war if Forest want him"? We've seen better players than Fulton leave with no sign of a battle over them. Wishful thinking.

They've got Garner on loan this season, he's the same type of player in midfield and probably better than Fulton already. Plenty on here wanted us to take him earlier in the summer.

Opinions, opinions,

Site owner of Swansea Independent, and its probably sunny. Please support our cause here - https://www.patreon.com/Music_Jacks2021
Blog: New staff added to Swansea Independent

If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 13:59 - Sep 20 with 796 viewsmax936

If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 12:50 - Sep 20 by KeithHaynes

Opinions, opinions,

Our Jasper isn’t a fan of Mr Fulton, he must have jumped the queue in front of him at Joes or somin 🤣

He’s a tenacious battler is Jay, the red mist does come down with him etc, but l think he’s a good player to have in the side, we saw Luton put it about Saturday, we as a team don’t look after ourselves or each other, in my opinion
[Post edited 20 Sep 14:03]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 14:10 - Sep 20 with 777 viewsnantywatcher

Far better in this current set up than Walsh, Paterson or Downes. If he was out on the pitch, we would see someone actively moving around in midfield other than Matt; at least the ball would start to move around a lot quicker if he was involved.
If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 14:36 - Sep 20 with 749 viewsonehunglow

If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 14:10 - Sep 20 by nantywatcher

Far better in this current set up than Walsh, Paterson or Downes. If he was out on the pitch, we would see someone actively moving around in midfield other than Matt; at least the ball would start to move around a lot quicker if he was involved.

Trust in Russ though.
He knows a good player.

He ll be off no doubt

Login to get fewer ads

If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 14:55 - Sep 20 with 734 viewspencoedjack

Forest haven't got a pot to pee in.

Massive squad that needs trimming.
If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 15:31 - Sep 20 with 682 viewsReslovenSwan1

If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 14:55 - Sep 20 by pencoedjack

Forest haven't got a pot to pee in.

Massive squad that needs trimming.

Their squad on paper is very impressive but the players are not motivated. A lot of players will want to negotiate with Cooper over Non negotiables. They have some big name players on the 'easy osie'. Expect 5 or 6 out goings on the cheap on big wages.

Worrall, McKenna, Max Lowe, Lolley, Grabban, Lyle Taylor might come up for swap considerations.
[Post edited 20 Sep 21:18]

Wise sage since Toshack era

If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 15:40 - Sep 20 with 664 viewsReslovenSwan1

If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 13:59 - Sep 20 by max936

Our Jasper isn’t a fan of Mr Fulton, he must have jumped the queue in front of him at Joes or somin 🤣

He’s a tenacious battler is Jay, the red mist does come down with him etc, but l think he’s a good player to have in the side, we saw Luton put it about Saturday, we as a team don’t look after ourselves or each other, in my opinion

Some standard football "sh@thousery" to use the modern lexicon would have got Lnsbury a well earned red card. The guy is just too nice.

Wise sage since Toshack era

If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 15:55 - Sep 20 with 651 viewsjasper_T

If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 15:40 - Sep 20 by ReslovenSwan1

Some standard football "sh@thousery" to use the modern lexicon would have got Lnsbury a well earned red card. The guy is just too nice.

Manning's antics along those lines didn't end up helping us much. Ref seemed almost apologetic for booking Lansbury and let their players have a few free hits later in the game to even things out.

Getting 5 or 6 of their players around the ref, screaming and crying at the injustice of a yellow probably did have a positive effect for them. Helps to be at home though. Fans close to the pitch. Staff in the dugout screaming as well. Pressuring the ref isn't a one man job.
If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 15:55 - Sep 20 with 643 viewsonehunglow

If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 15:40 - Sep 20 by ReslovenSwan1

Forest better off with Grimes.

1 m and he s yours Forest.
Great player and leader

If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 17:07 - Sep 20 with 612 viewsjackrmee

If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 15:31 - Sep 20 by ReslovenSwan1

Their squad on paper is very impressive but the players are not motivated. A lot of players will want to negotiate with Cooper over Non negotiables. They have some big name players on the 'easy osie'. Expect 5 or 6 out goings on the cheap on big wages.

Worrall, McKenna, Max Lowe, Lolley, Grabban, Lyle Taylor might come up for swap considerations.
[Post edited 20 Sep 21:18]

Max Lowe would be perfect, but is on loan to them. Don't think that deal would work out. Hope theres a way.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 17:09 - Sep 20 with 611 viewsjackrmee

SI being quoted in the Nottingham press.
Nice work again sir.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/forest-fulton-cooper

If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 19:05 - Sep 20 with 519 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 13:59 - Sep 20 by max936

Yes Max, Jay's willingness to "put it about" certainly benefitted us in the recent Play-Off final at Wembley.

Mark Drakeford - Leader of the Welsh Labour Party: "There will be no point, and certainly it will be logistically very damaging, to try to use all of that in the first week and then to have all our vaccinators standing around with nothing to do for another month," he said. "The sensible thing to do is to use the vaccine you've got over the period that you've got it for so that your system can absorb it, they can go on working, that you don't have people standing around with nothing to do."
Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 19:08 - Sep 20 with 520 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 12:06 - Sep 20 by hobo

Him and Grimes 7 million. Go on Steve ! I wouldn’t really go out of my way to sell Fulton because he’s versatile midfield wise and there’s always a goal or two in him. Grimes can go and show Fulham what they missed out on

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 19:11 - Sep 20 with 512 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 19:05 - Sep 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Yes Max, Jay's willingness to "put it about" certainly benefitted us in the recent Play-Off final at Wembley.

To be fair the only bit of passion from any of our players on the day.

If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 19:12 - Sep 20 with 509 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 14:10 - Sep 20 by nantywatcher

Oh my another Grimes groupie. I’ve told you more than once stick to rugby Nantymoel.

If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 19:25 - Sep 20 with 479 viewsmax936

If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 19:05 - Sep 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I mentioned Luton putting it about, not Jay, I said that Jay does let the red mist come down on times,
Don't go cherry picking my words to suit your argument Dwight.
[Post edited 20 Sep 19:27]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 19:39 - Sep 20 with 459 viewsnantywatcher

Maybe you ought to watch the whole incident again, from one side of the pitch to the other before making any more misleading comments. The problem was caused through NO red mist as he went to tackle.
If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 21:39 - Sep 21 with 225 viewsRock

If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 11:36 - Sep 20 by jackrmee

I was thinking a million would be around the price.
£3M is a good deal for both parties IMO, which is what all transfers should be.

Agreed, Jackrmee.

Fulton is a good player, although limited in many ways, but he is elite at breaking up play and doing the dirty work, especially in this division. That is a very useful skill to have in the Championship, and any manager would want to have a player like him in their squad. I have to give him credit, he’s also noticeably improved his touch and range of passing this season, two things that have been lacking in his game.

Having said that, he’s never fully fit our profile of midfielder, isn’t completely suited to excel in Martin’s system and never nailed down a permanent place in our XI for various reasons. At his age, if we can get £3m+ for Scott, Martin and Allen to bring in some quality player(s) at other key positions of need it’s a no-brainer for me. I’d rather us have moved Grimes on this summer for that price, but we didn’t, and there’s a few too many midfielders for a few spots in the XI. Walsh, Ntcham and Downes are first-choice for me when fit, but Smith is out of contract at the end of this season, I think, so that might open up a spot if the club decide to let him go.

I’d also be happy to keep him in the squad if no move materialises, he seems a strong character and someone who doesn’t complain, even when he’s not part of the XI. He’s a good option to have off the bench or to rotate in when our first-choice midfielders need a rest or are injured.
If Forest want Jay Fulton he won’t come cheap Mr Cooper on 21:41 - Sep 21 with 223 viewsRock

So, a couple genuine questions, Nanty.

You think Grimes and Fulton have good movement and pass the ball quickly?

But you don’t think Downes, Walsh and Paterson have good movement and pass the ball quickly?

I would honestly like to see your explanation for holding these views.

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2021