Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round 11:18 - Sep 20 with 11051 viewsNotLoyal

Radio 5 LIVE & Radio Wales in certain areas will have coverage, as will Sky Sports TV LIVE but they are not covering this game. Sky Sports News have a programme covering the goals as they go in. Quest TV Highlights 10:30pm-12:00am.

Supporters latest : All match, season and away ticket holders aged 18 and over will need to be able to produce an NHS COVID pass or an NHS digital pass of a negative lateral flow test alongside photographic ID on request.

WHERE IS THE ERROR IN THIS THREAD ?

Not Loyal’s Brighton review
Russel Martin is from Brighton, personally I would have kept that one quiet. When Graham Potter was at Swansea he wasn’t there for very long due to the fact he wanted to go to the premier league. Problem was he couldn’t take Swansea back there so he jumped in someone else’s grave making it easier. Brighton is by the sea, so is Swansea, they have seagulls we have sea swans which live on the rocks in Gower. Sometimes when they are not there they don’t. Brighton is famous for ? Well, the most famous thing is in 1974 ABBA won the Euros there against Waterloo, they played in the old Brighton Dome winning without the need for extra time.

Brighton has North Laines to visit, here you can buy all sorts of crap that because it’s here can be sold for loads of money. See, it’s trendy in Brighton, and the more money you mugs spend the trendier it becomes.

The real losers in Brighton are Peter and the Test tube babies, what a fat bastard Peter is,the caravan dwelling moon pig. Why the hell they still bother I just don’t know. They may as well just sit on the beach naked. I mean being in a band for 43 years is hardly big or clever eh ?

Expect changes tonight for Swansea City in the league cup : Jurgen Locadia to return for Brighton 22nd Sep 2021 16:06
Once again Swansea City are the sole Wales representatives in a major cup competition and once again the expectation is that this will be their final game in this years league cup. Travelling to Brighton with some confidence gained from a fighting performance at Luton on Saturday, the swans will make several changes so players can be rested for Saturdays home game with Huddersfield Town. 0

Brighton: Jayson Steele (capt), Tariq Lamptey, Ed Turns, Haydon Roberts, Dan Burn, Steven Alzate, Jakob Moder, Ennock Mwepu, Alexis Macallister, Aaron Connolly, Taylor Richards.

Subs: Marc Leonard, Pascal Gross, Jeremy Sarmiento, Jurgen Locadia, James Furlong, Oddell Offiah, Kjel Scherpen.

Swansea City: Steven Benda, Ben Cabango, Brandon Cooper, Rhys Williams, Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton (capt), Korey Smith, Liam Walsh, Jake Bidwell, Liam Cullen, Morgan Whittaker.

Subs: Lewis Webb, Tivonge Rushesa, Ethan Laird, Ryan Manning, Flynn Downes, Yan Dhanda, Joel Piroe.

Too many changes mean Swansea City are out of the League Cup at Brighton 22nd Sep 2021 22:22
Changes were expected from swans manager Russell Martin tonight, but the amount of changes and it has to be said players starting out of position seemed to be the downfall at the Amex stadium in Sussex. 0

Brighton v Swansea City League Cup Third Round Gallery 22nd Sep 2021 22:47
Here are just some of our shots from the game between Brighton and Swansea City at the Amex in the League Cup third round. We hope you like this feature. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round on 14:01 - Sep 20 with 4368 viewsBadlands

Surprised TV isn't taking this with Potter's connection with us ... sort of thing that often decides broadcasts.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round on 14:43 - Sep 20 with 4331 viewsDr_Parnassus

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round on 14:01 - Sep 20 by Badlands

Surprised TV isn't taking this with Potter's connection with us ... sort of thing that often decides broadcasts.

Brighton put a complete reserve side out in their last round. Probably doesn’t make for compelling viewing for the neutral.

They may change that as they go deeper.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round on 15:11 - Sep 20 with 4298 views1983

How many away tickets sold?

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round on 17:30 - Sep 20 with 4268 viewsjackrmee

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round on 14:01 - Sep 20 by Badlands

So it's just radio again is it?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round on 19:40 - Sep 20 with 4195 viewsBoundy

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round on 17:30 - Sep 20 by jackrmee

So it's just radio again is it?

after watching Saturdays first 45 , maybe that's not such a bad idea

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round on 19:42 - Sep 20 with 4192 viewsChief

Need a Covid pass or negative test result to get in the ground

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round on 21:11 - Sep 20 with 4140 viewsKeithHaynes

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round on 15:11 - Sep 20 by 1983

How many away tickets sold?

Where’s Builthy 👏

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round on 08:11 - Sep 21 with 3987 views34dfgdf54

Tough, tough game even if Potter makes a load of changes.

As expected by anyone with half a brain he has finally got Brighton taking their chances and looking a top half premier league side.
Login to get fewer ads

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round on 08:23 - Sep 21 with 3957 viewsDr_Parnassus

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round on 08:11 - Sep 21 by 34dfgdf54

Tough, tough game even if Potter makes a load of changes.

As expected by anyone with half a brain he has finally got Brighton taking their chances and looking a top half premier league side.

As he should, of course, after spending 145m during his 3 seasons.

Brighton have spent silly money in the last 5 seasons building the team Potter inherited and improved upon, but the last 3 years since he has been manager also.

I'm not particularly keen myself but I know people like net spend per season. Over the last 5 years it looks like this:-

1 Manchester City £101.1 M
2 Manchester United £75.8 M
3 Everton £55.0 M
4 Arsenal £49.8 M
5 Brighton £39.5 M

As for actual total spend during Potters reign, they are 9th or 10th from memory. They should not be a side kicking around relegation barely scratching out 40 points like they have been so far under him. Maybe this is the year they finally play to their ability and investment, it's been a good start that's for sure.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2021 8:52]

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TUESDAY UPDATE on 09:12 - Sep 21 with 3910 views34dfgdf54

The Potter test against Brighton?

<<I love the way his team play. I enjoy watching Brighton play, I think he’s done a brilliant job. The beauty of patience and time.

The first year it was very different under Graham to Chris [Hughton]. It took time. There were a lot of people impatient but a lot understood what was coming as well. He’s a fantastic manager and the way they’ve started the season is brilliant. They love watching their team and they’re enjoying it.

That is the beauty of time and patience. Hopefully we’ll get the same here because watching him gives every young British manager hope that you can do things in a certain way. He acts with real class. >>

Well said Russ.
Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TUESDAY UPDATE on 09:18 - Sep 21 with 3871 viewsDr_Parnassus

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TUESDAY UPDATE on 09:12 - Sep 21 by 34dfgdf54

The Potter test against Brighton?

<<I love the way his team play. I enjoy watching Brighton play, I think he’s done a brilliant job. The beauty of patience and time.

The first year it was very different under Graham to Chris [Hughton]. It took time. There were a lot of people impatient but a lot understood what was coming as well. He’s a fantastic manager and the way they’ve started the season is brilliant. They love watching their team and they’re enjoying it.

That is the beauty of time and patience. Hopefully we’ll get the same here because watching him gives every young British manager hope that you can do things in a certain way. He acts with real class. >>

Well said Russ.

Can't blame the man for trying.

I am sure Cullen will be pointing to Harry Kane too and saying ''this is what some players can turn into with game time, I should start every game''.

Although I am not too sure the gaffer will gobble that up as readily...

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TUESDAY UPDATE on 09:20 - Sep 21 with 3884 views34dfgdf54

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TUESDAY UPDATE on 09:18 - Sep 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Can't blame the man for trying.

I am sure Cullen will be pointing to Harry Kane too and saying ''this is what some players can turn into with game time, I should start every game''.

Although I am not too sure the gaffer will gobble that up as readily...

He'll get time, no doubt about it
Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TUESDAY UPDATE on 09:32 - Sep 21 with 3833 viewsDr_Parnassus

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TUESDAY UPDATE on 09:20 - Sep 21 by 34dfgdf54

He'll get time, no doubt about it

If he gets acceptable results, yes.

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TUESDAY UPDATE on 09:41 - Sep 21 with 3815 viewsDr_Parnassus

To expand on the above:-

Potter got 15 points from his first 11 games at Brighton, there was no slow start. He also started well with us. He got time because he got results.

For some reason there seems to be this myth surrounding ''time''.

Its up to Martin if he succeeds here, nobody else. He can't keep using ''time'' as a shield and pointing to fairly long standing managers who got results quickly and regularly as examples of ''time''.

If Bob Bradley had said the same (he may well have done actually) we would rightly point out that he should simply have done better to earn that time.

Those that genuinely do start off slow and then succeed are usually helped out by an obscene amount of spending to help.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2021 9:45]

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TUESDAY UPDATE on 01:58 - Sep 22 with 3394 viewsAndyCole

An interesting battle of wits. Both Jenkinista types, both trying to play the right way. As per the Swansea Way template.

Let's hope RM is getting quicker at taking on board all the expert guidance (playing principles, methods, selection) from his superiors who are clearly becoming ever more influential in rediscovering the Swansea ways they became so rightfully famous for.

Could be a boring 1-1 draw, unless RM has managed to very quickly get ahead of his steep learning curve in the last few days, and starts to show signs of implementing the Swansea way.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TUESDAY UPDATE on 02:47 - Sep 22 with 3387 viewsWalterBoyd

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TUESDAY UPDATE on 01:58 - Sep 22 by AndyCole

An interesting battle of wits. Both Jenkinista types, both trying to play the right way. As per the Swansea Way template.

Let's hope RM is getting quicker at taking on board all the expert guidance (playing principles, methods, selection) from his superiors who are clearly becoming ever more influential in rediscovering the Swansea ways they became so rightfully famous for.

Could be a boring 1-1 draw, unless RM has managed to very quickly get ahead of his steep learning curve in the last few days, and starts to show signs of implementing the Swansea way.

Andy, 3 days to come with an explanation to your Russ thread. Any nearer to an answer. ?
Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TUESDAY UPDATE on 10:26 - Sep 22 with 3258 viewsonehunglow

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TUESDAY UPDATE on 02:47 - Sep 22 by WalterBoyd

Andy, 3 days to come with an explanation to your Russ thread. Any nearer to an answer. ?

Have you explained why you trust Russ

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round WEDS UPDATE on 13:25 - Sep 22 with 3154 viewsWalterBoyd

Piroe and Whittaker to start, What do you reckon ?
Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round WEDS UPDATE on 13:32 - Sep 22 with 3150 viewsKeithHaynes

Piroe and Whittaker yes.

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round WEDS UPDATE on 14:21 - Sep 22 with 3091 viewsonehunglow

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round WEDS UPDATE on 13:32 - Sep 22 by KeithHaynes

Piroe and Whittaker yes.

Doubt Russ will start both

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round WEDS UPDATE on 14:26 - Sep 22 with 3104 viewsBadlands

We play similar style but Brighton have better individual players, more depth and their manager has had 2 seasons build the squad and to play the way.
Our manager has just Brough in 7 players getting used to each other, a completely different approach to the last two years, has less able individual players who he is still getting to know.
Now, some would say the is an imbalance while some are saying we have no excuse if we don't walk all over Brighton as would have happened under Cooper.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round WEDS UPDATE on 16:13 - Sep 22 with 3036 viewsKeithHaynes

Expect changes tonight for Swansea City in the league cup : Jurgen Locadia to return for Brighton 22nd Sep 2021 16:06
Once again Swansea City are the sole Wales representatives in a major cup competition and once again the expectation is that this will be their final game in this years league cup. Travelling to Brighton with some confidence gained from a fighting performance at Luton on Saturday, the swans will make several changes so players can be rested for Saturdays home game with Huddersfield Town. 0

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round WEDS UPDATE on 16:43 - Sep 22 with 3003 viewsWalterBoyd

If any Swans fan or any fan think we will " walk all over Brighton " tonight, they are either deluded, smoking something, drunk or possibly all three.
Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TUESDAY UPDATE on 17:56 - Sep 22 with 2920 viewsBoundy

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round TUESDAY UPDATE on 02:47 - Sep 22 by WalterBoyd

Diana is a patient woman .I think she'd have to be waiting for a response from AC

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round WEDS UPDATE on 17:57 - Sep 22 with 2917 viewsBoundy

Brighton v Swansea City : Matchday Thread League Cup third round WEDS UPDATE on 13:25 - Sep 22 by WalterBoyd

Piroe and Whittaker to start, What do you reckon ?

Yes please .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024