Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inflation 20:10 - Sep 20 with 3054 viewsbuilthjack

They say it's hitting 3%.

Surely it's nearer 10% or more.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Inflation on 20:56 - Sep 20 with 1912 viewsonehunglow

Was horrendous in the early 70s under Haeth then Callaghan.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Inflation on 21:49 - Sep 20 with 1878 viewsCatullus

All I know is, when I needed to buy wood for a fence in the back garden the price had rise by 30% in 3 months, petrol has gone up again,1.33 per litre for unleaded in Tesco and I see alot in the news about other prices being forced up because of the pandemic and brexit.

This latest issue with the gas pipe looks like pushing prices up too.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Inflation on 22:12 - Sep 20 with 1863 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Inflation on 21:49 - Sep 20 by Catullus

All I know is, when I needed to buy wood for a fence in the back garden the price had rise by 30% in 3 months, petrol has gone up again,1.33 per litre for unleaded in Tesco and I see alot in the news about other prices being forced up because of the pandemic and brexit.

This latest issue with the gas pipe looks like pushing prices up too.

The way inflation is calculated has changed, it was about 24% in the mid 70s.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Inflation on 08:30 - Sep 21 with 1776 viewspikeypaul

https://www.rateinflation.com/inflation-rate/

It could be worse we could have Germany’s or the States inflation both well above ours .

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Inflation on 08:30 - Sep 21 with 1775 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The official figures are calculated using 10,000s of different items not just a few items which may have gone up by 10%

Happy to accept the figures of 3% from the ONS which is an independent body.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Inflation on 10:11 - Sep 21 with 1749 viewsCatullus

Inflation on 08:30 - Sep 21 by felixstowe_jack

The official figures are calculated using 10,000s of different items not just a few items which may have gone up by 10%

Happy to accept the figures of 3% from the ONS which is an independent body.

I'm accepting what they say but petrol has gone up and when that does, usually inflation does too.
House prices have risen by around 9% UK wide too. German inflation is 3.9%, the USA 5.2%

Wages have risen too, another inflation booster. Talking of which, my wife had her pay rise (NHS) and she got 249 in back pay of which she brought home £72. Her pension contributions have risen. Her pay rise of about £50 per month leaves her with about £10-15 per month extra, £30 of the raise going into her pension. Our council tax rose by £6 p/m, petrol is up, food prices are rising and gas prices will rise too, after her pay rise we will be worse off in real terms and that's before next years NI increase. I suspect most NHS staff will be in the same boat. If inflation rises sharply, a lot of people could be in trouble.
Fortunately for us, when we moved home in 2019 we took out a 10 year fixed rate mortgage so if interest rates rise to counter inflation we'll be ok, I suspect many will not though.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Inflation on 14:16 - Sep 21 with 1711 viewshowenjack

I predicted a couple of months back when that massive container ship got stuck and blocked the Suez canal that the cost of petrol would go up as a result . A few on here doubted me ...well they are not doubting now . Any excuse to profiteer will be gladly accepted . The billionaires bankers and oil barons don't really give a stuff about the common man . They allow a period of relative stability and prosperity where consumer confidence is buoyant when people tend to overextend their credit and then they move the chairs around . " They " call it mowing the lawn.
Inflation on 14:41 - Sep 21 with 1707 viewsProfessor

Inflation on 10:11 - Sep 21 by Catullus

I'm accepting what they say but petrol has gone up and when that does, usually inflation does too.
House prices have risen by around 9% UK wide too. German inflation is 3.9%, the USA 5.2%

Wages have risen too, another inflation booster. Talking of which, my wife had her pay rise (NHS) and she got 249 in back pay of which she brought home £72. Her pension contributions have risen. Her pay rise of about £50 per month leaves her with about £10-15 per month extra, £30 of the raise going into her pension. Our council tax rose by £6 p/m, petrol is up, food prices are rising and gas prices will rise too, after her pay rise we will be worse off in real terms and that's before next years NI increase. I suspect most NHS staff will be in the same boat. If inflation rises sharply, a lot of people could be in trouble.
Fortunately for us, when we moved home in 2019 we took out a 10 year fixed rate mortgage so if interest rates rise to counter inflation we'll be ok, I suspect many will not though.

1.5% rise for us. Immediately offset by a 1.2% rise in pension contributions, so a pay cut of close to 2% in real terms.

Expect significant industrial action in HE in the next year, given the pension value is going to be devalued by a third, despite an escalator rise to close to 12% contribution in the next two years.
Login to get fewer ads

Inflation on 16:12 - Sep 21 with 1686 viewsCatullus

Inflation on 14:41 - Sep 21 by Professor

1.5% rise for us. Immediately offset by a 1.2% rise in pension contributions, so a pay cut of close to 2% in real terms.

Expect significant industrial action in HE in the next year, given the pension value is going to be devalued by a third, despite an escalator rise to close to 12% contribution in the next two years.

It's all a con eh Prof. A pay rise that turns into a pay cut while the government decide to raise NI and so lets the richest people off almost scot free.

My wife pays over £280 per month in pension and NI.

Inflation on 16:44 - Sep 21 with 1675 viewsProfessor

Inflation on 16:12 - Sep 21 by Catullus

It's all a con eh Prof. A pay rise that turns into a pay cut while the government decide to raise NI and so lets the richest people off almost scot free.

I earn a good whack Cat, but those starting out are
Truly struggling. I pay over a grand pension and NI a month.
Inflation on 16:54 - Sep 21 with 1669 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Inflation on 16:12 - Sep 21 by Catullus

£130 increase for those on £25,000 pa. £1300 increase for those on £100,000 pa. That is 10 times as much hardly Scott free.

Inflation on 20:31 - Sep 21 with 1628 viewsCatullus

Inflation on 16:54 - Sep 21 by felixstowe_jack

£130 increase for those on £25,000 pa. £1300 increase for those on £100,000 pa. That is 10 times as much hardly Scott free.

Earnings above £50,270 you only pay 2% so it's a let off because the 1.25% raise only applies to the lower threshold

So unless I've misunderstood the news, which is entirely possible, yes it's scot free.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2021 20:33]

Inflation on 20:51 - Sep 21 with 1608 viewsonehunglow

Inflation on 16:44 - Sep 21 by Professor

I earn a good whack Cat, but those starting out are
Truly struggling. I pay over a grand pension and NI a month.

Yes,but the work you do merits high renumeration.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Inflation on 21:01 - Sep 21 with 1592 viewsItchySphincter

Inflation on 10:11 - Sep 21 by Catullus

It’s going to be a long hard slog. It started with austerity and there’s no end in sight under this bunch of criminals.

The warning signs were there.

At least if interest rates go up it should help your savings. I took a 10 year fixed mortgage rate as soon as the Brexit bomb dropped, which I’m still happy with. I could get it cheaper now but before long I’ll be halfway through the term at 2.79% so realistically I aim to be mortgage free sometime in 2025 if possible. No savings though and a shit pension.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Inflation on 21:14 - Sep 21 with 1578 viewsCatullus

Inflation on 21:01 - Sep 21 by ItchySphincter

It’s going to be a long hard slog. It started with austerity and there’s no end in sight under this bunch of criminals.

The warning signs were there.

At least if interest rates go up it should help your savings. I took a 10 year fixed mortgage rate as soon as the Brexit bomb dropped, which I’m still happy with. I could get it cheaper now but before long I’ll be halfway through the term at 2.79% so realistically I aim to be mortgage free sometime in 2025 if possible. No savings though and a shit pension.

Well brexit didn't initially cause an interest rate rise but the pandemic and all the stuff that's happening now, the gas prices, petrol prices, inflation rising, that mortgage move looks very wise!

I saw a yougov poll today that 58% of britons think Bojo is doing a bad job yet most of those who answered the poll would still vote Tory.

Starmer really needs to get his act together. Until we have a decent opposition the clowns in power will do as they please without any fear of consequences.

Inflation on 21:22 - Sep 21 with 1571 viewsItchySphincter

Inflation on 21:14 - Sep 21 by Catullus

Well brexit didn't initially cause an interest rate rise but the pandemic and all the stuff that's happening now, the gas prices, petrol prices, inflation rising, that mortgage move looks very wise!

I saw a yougov poll today that 58% of britons think Bojo is doing a bad job yet most of those who answered the poll would still vote Tory.

Starmer really needs to get his act together. Until we have a decent opposition the clowns in power will do as they please without any fear of consequences.

I fixed due to uncertainty but low interest rates have remained and I’m still happy with my choice. I reduced the repayment term at the time too because I could have fixed for a lower rate and a shorter term but I would have had to have overpaid, which I probably wouldn’t have done, to reap the benefits, and I would have had to have gone through the remortgaging process again and again. This way forced me to stick with trying to reduce my term as much as I could, and that’s where the real savings are.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Inflation on 00:21 - Sep 24 with 1444 viewscontroversial_jack

Inflation on 21:14 - Sep 21 by Catullus

Truck drivers have had large pay rises, so the costs have to be passed on to consumers. That's part of it.
Inflation on 08:32 - Sep 24 with 1390 viewsKilkennyjack

Inflation on 00:21 - Sep 24 by controversial_jack

Truck drivers have had large pay rises, so the costs have to be passed on to consumers. That's part of it.

Exactly.

This is Brexit, but all the divots knew what the voted for cos ……. Well, Brexit means Brexit.

Good people mostly conned by rich boy shysters.

Beware of the Risen People

Inflation on 08:54 - Sep 24 with 1400 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Inflation on 08:32 - Sep 24 by Kilkennyjack

Exactly.

This is Brexit, but all the divots knew what the voted for cos ……. Well, Brexit means Brexit.

Good people mostly conned by rich boy shysters.

Euro inflation rate in August up to 3% according to the statistical office of the European Union. Is that due to Brexit?
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 8:57]

Inflation on 11:00 - Sep 24 with 1364 viewscontroversial_jack

Inflation on 08:54 - Sep 24 by felixstowe_jack

Euro inflation rate in August up to 3% according to the statistical office of the European Union. Is that due to Brexit?
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 8:57]

Hungary and Poland have the highest inflation rates in the EU and they are both run by extreme right wing govts.
Inflation on 11:04 - Sep 24 with 1359 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Inflation on 11:00 - Sep 24 by controversial_jack

Hungary and Poland have the highest inflation rates in the EU and they are both run by extreme right wing govts.

Hungary around 4 percent USA 5 percent.

Anyone can pluck numbers out of the air.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 11:16]

Inflation on 11:11 - Sep 24 with 1356 viewsCatullus

Inflation on 11:00 - Sep 24 by controversial_jack

Venezuela is run by an extreme left wing government and their inflation rate is around 5,500% which is a vast improvement on 2018 when it was over 65,000%.

The motto there is, whichever side of the political divide you stand on, extremism is not good.

Inflation on 11:22 - Sep 24 with 1339 viewscontroversial_jack

Inflation on 11:11 - Sep 24 by Catullus

Venezuela is run by an extreme left wing government and their inflation rate is around 5,500% which is a vast improvement on 2018 when it was over 65,000%.

The motto there is, whichever side of the political divide you stand on, extremism is not good.

Hungary and Poland haven't had illegal sanctions and restrictions put on them
Inflation on 11:27 - Sep 24 with 1336 viewsCatullus

Inflation on 11:22 - Sep 24 by controversial_jack

No, Hungary and Poland have to obey EU rules (or face sanctions), is the EU right wing?

Inflation on 11:30 - Sep 24 with 1329 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Inflation on 11:22 - Sep 24 by controversial_jack

Venezuela was a basket case long before the sanctions were imposed in 2017. Interestingly Biden continues the Trump approach.

https://www.worldoil.com/news/2021/6/21/biden-rejects-maduro-s-call-for-the-us-t

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024