Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
World Cup every 2 years. Discussions begin. 08:30 - Sep 21 with 1506 viewsjackrmee

Discussions have begun to make the World Cup a biennial tournament.

Personally I like the format of Euros and then World Cup every two years and wouldn't like to see the World Cup come round sooner.

https://www.si.com/soccer/2021/09/20/fifa-biennial-world-cup-talks-federations-f

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

World Cup every 2 years. Discussions begin. on 08:35 - Sep 21 with 1488 viewsDr_Parnassus

Horrific idea driven by money yet again.

I assume the Euros would have to follow suit meaning we get a major tournament every year....

It would completely devalue it.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

World Cup every 2 years. Discussions begin. on 08:55 - Sep 21 with 1475 viewsDr_Winston

No.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

World Cup every 2 years. Discussions begin. on 09:28 - Sep 21 with 1456 viewsKeithHaynes

Pointless, more games.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

World Cup every 2 years. Discussions begin. on 10:19 - Sep 21 with 1426 viewsCatullus

No, surely it cannot happen. What about other international competitions? Would it mean the end of the Euros? How do they fit the other games in and what about qualifying, all those games crammed into 18-20 months, how would that affect club football?

Crazy idea. People love the world cup the way it is, if it's not broke why fix it?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

World Cup every 2 years. Discussions begin. on 19:24 - Sep 21 with 1357 viewsbuilthjack

The 6 Nations is every year. Yes, those same 6 teams playing each other year in year out.
Then they play a few friendlies against them now and then too.
Very odd.
Until more countries are allowed in, it will always be a closed shop. Something we wouldn't want in football.
I guess football is a worldide sport, whereas rugby is only played by a few. It's a shame.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

World Cup every 2 years. Discussions begin. on 20:59 - Sep 21 with 1321 viewsCatullus

World Cup every 2 years. Discussions begin. on 19:24 - Sep 21 by builthjack

The 6 Nations is every year. Yes, those same 6 teams playing each other year in year out.
Then they play a few friendlies against them now and then too.
Very odd.
Until more countries are allowed in, it will always be a closed shop. Something we wouldn't want in football.
I guess football is a worldide sport, whereas rugby is only played by a few. It's a shame.

The 6 nations is not a world cup though, the rugby world cup happens every 4 years and there are no other major international tourneys besides the Tri nations down under.

The 6 nations isn't even as big as the Euros or the Copa America.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

World Cup every 2 years. Discussions begin. on 21:13 - Sep 21 with 1308 viewsbuilthjack

World Cup every 2 years. Discussions begin. on 20:59 - Sep 21 by Catullus

The 6 nations is not a world cup though, the rugby world cup happens every 4 years and there are no other major international tourneys besides the Tri nations down under.

The 6 nations isn't even as big as the Euros or the Copa America.

Aye, the 6 nations is just that. 6 teams.
Let's hope they allow a few more teams in soon.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

World Cup every 2 years. Discussions begin. on 21:20 - Sep 21 with 1306 viewsjasper_T

World Cup every 2 years. Discussions begin. on 10:19 - Sep 21 by Catullus

No, surely it cannot happen. What about other international competitions? Would it mean the end of the Euros? How do they fit the other games in and what about qualifying, all those games crammed into 18-20 months, how would that affect club football?

Crazy idea. People love the world cup the way it is, if it's not broke why fix it?

It's FIFA vs UEFA, each wanting to make as much money as possible even if it's at the expense of the other, or harming domestic competition.
Login to get fewer ads

World Cup every 2 years. Discussions begin. on 21:05 - Sep 22 with 1250 viewsCatullus

World Cup every 2 years. Discussions begin. on 21:20 - Sep 21 by jasper_T

It's FIFA vs UEFA, each wanting to make as much money as possible even if it's at the expense of the other, or harming domestic competition.

They were just discussing it on GSS on Sky. There are many things wrong with this. To start with, the designer of this plan used to complain there were too many internationals yet now he's being paid by FIFA he wants more.

There were apparently suspicions that FIFA were somehowinvolved in plans for the ESL and UEFA is suspicious of them. Also it was Saudi Arabia who proposed the biennial tournament, they are close allies of Infantino and a sceptic has already questioned how long before Riyadh gets a World Cup? If Qatar goes badly, it could be a while!

Just like the ESL this is more about making money than improving the beautiful game. If these proposals come to fruition there will be chaos. I can see players retiring enmasse from Interntional football because they'd have so many games they'd suffer burnout, quickly.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024